Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

As with Progressives in America, GREECE VOTES AGAINST AUSTERITY.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

As with Progressives in America, GREECE VOTES AGAINST AUSTERITY.

Greece enters uncharted territory after referendum 'no' vote

Jul 5, 10:47 PM EDT
By ELENA BECATOROS and DEMETRIS NELLAS
Associated Press

ATHENS, Greece (AP) -- Greece lurched into uncharted territory and an uncertain future in Europe's common currency Sunday after voters overwhelmingly rejected demands by international creditors for more austerity measures in exchange for a bailout of its bankrupt economy.

Results showed about 61 percent voted "no," compared with 39 percent for "yes," with 100 percent of the vote counted. The referendum - Greece's first in more than four decades - came amid severe restrictions on financial transactions in the country, imposed last week to stem a bank run that accelerated after the vote was called.

Thousands of jubilant government supporters celebrated in Syntagma Square in front of Parliament, waving Greek flags and chanting "No, no, no!"

Early trading on Asian markets indicated investors were alarmed, as stock indexes fell.

Read more:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_GREECE_BAILOUT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-07-05-16-04-15

As I said, no difference between Progressives in America and the greed of the citizens in Greece.
As with Progressives in America, GREECE VOTES AGAINST AUSTERITY. Greek20Ballot_zpsyrzfwogr

2seaoat

You just are comletely void of economics knowledge.  It is not progressives which are causing this problem in Greece.  Like the United states the Greeks have allowed their revenue collection to fall to 6% of their GDP.  In the United States we have allowed ours to fall to 8%.   It is not a question of austerity.....that is exactly what destroyed the Greek economy as conservatives have basically been in charge of the Greek economy since the seventies, rather like a third world Latin American Oligarchy not wanting to pay taxes, the Greeks are not paying their bills because they are not taxing their people properly.  This is the perfect example of Reganomics gone bad.  The systemic corruption and a century old tradition of defaulting on loans......Europe banks faced this same problem in the 1890s bailing our this corrupt oligarchy who does not want to pay their fair share.......too funny your approach to economics.

It must be terrible not being able to print money... oh the humanity.

2seaoat

It must be terrible not being able to print money... oh the humanity.

Even when they had their own currency the corrupt Oligarchy would not allow taxation to support the government.  Literally this exact type of bailout happened over a hundred years ago.  This is as much to do with governmental corruption and reaganomics gone amiss, as it is about lazy people......the wealthy in greece have used government to insulate their wealth and have failed to contribute to the Nation....Onassis and the billionaires just move their capital from the country once the crackdowns are made and the tax rate is increased.....we are heading toward a Greece melt down, not because of lack of austerity, but tax breaks and subsidy for the wealthy who do not pay their fair share, and Greece does so with a quarter of their GDP less than our sad situation of 30 plus years of reaganomics.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The biggest and most profitable business in Greece is shipping precisely because they negotiated with the Greek government to pay no taxes....the power to tax is the power to destroy.

2seaoat

The biggest and most profitable business in Greece is shipping precisely because they negotiated with the Greek government to pay no taxes....the power to tax is the power to destroy.

You got part of this right by understanding how the corrupt Oligarchy has insulated themselves from taxes, when Markle has mistakenly spewed about Austerity and progressives which is just bend over and belly laugh funny, but I am less concerned with destroying some Oligarchs empires and monopoly than destroying a country, and having other European nations giving subsidies to the Greek Oligarchs.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:You just are comletely void of economics knowledge.  It is not progressives which are causing this problem in Greece.  Like the United states the Greeks have allowed their revenue collection to fall to 6% of their GDP.  In the United States we have allowed ours to fall to 8%.   It is not a question of austerity.....that is exactly what destroyed the Greek economy as conservatives have basically been in charge of the Greek economy since the seventies, rather like a third world Latin American Oligarchy not wanting to pay taxes, the Greeks are not paying their bills because they are not taxing their people properly.  This is the perfect example of Reganomics gone bad.  The systemic corruption and a century old tradition of defaulting on loans......Europe banks faced this same problem in the 1890s bailing our this corrupt oligarchy who does not want to pay their fair share.......too funny your approach to economics.

You obviously know little or nothing about the Greece issues. Maybe what they say, ignorance is bliss.

2seaoat

You obviously know little or nothing about the Greece issues. Maybe what they say, ignorance is bliss.

I know I caught you again completely unfamiliar with history, economics, or facts.  You are talking about austerity and progressives when this country has been ran almost exclusively by conservatives for almost fifty years, and that since the 1890s when Europe had to do this bailout before, the corrupt Oligarchy has only a 6% GDP tax.....your really must think you are posting things with complete idiots......we can add history to your deficiencies....maybe that anti intellectualism works on selling that starter house to a young couple, but it is embarrassing when you post such complete and utter nonsense.....but then again, your theory of inflation makes more sense than your understanding of Greek history or their taxation record, and the role of the Oligarchy.

Markle

Markle

I have started another thread for you to grasp the problem in Greece.

As you know, my comment about inflation and interest rates was manipulated and posted incorrectly. That's okay, I expect nothing more from Progressives.

2seaoat

As you know, my comment about inflation and interest rates was manipulated and posted incorrectly. That's okay, I expect nothing more from Progressives.

You have become comedic.  I think you want to start doing some of Bill Cosby's gigs......You post stuff which is a sedative to lull the country to sleep as the Oligarchy and your sponsors take advantage of America.

As with Progressives in America, GREECE VOTES AGAINST AUSTERITY. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4yFyQS1fmTmwZVwtWm5Fyw5hokElNgb51G8jK6-8QG24lrlYOcg

Seaoat's right. Since they don't want austerity then the government should raise the taxes to 20-25% of the GDP and we can all wait and see how that goes for Greece.

*****FART*****
IN ALL PROGRESSIVE's GENERAL DIRECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyu5sFzWLk8

Smile

Markle

Markle

Damaged Eagle wrote:As with Progressives in America, GREECE VOTES AGAINST AUSTERITY. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4yFyQS1fmTmwZVwtWm5Fyw5hokElNgb51G8jK6-8QG24lrlYOcg

Seaoat's right. Since they don't want austerity then the government should raise the taxes to 20-25% of the GDP and we can all wait and see how that goes for Greece.

*****FART*****

Smile

As I posted in a new thread, the problem is not that Greece's taxes are to low, they are Draconian, but rather TAX EVASION. They don't pay them.

Markle wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****FART*****

Smile

As I posted in a new thread, the problem is not that Greece's taxes are to low, they are Draconian, but rather TAX EVASION.  They don't pay them.

As with Progressives in America, GREECE VOTES AGAINST AUSTERITY. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1fp1AhAUnn21uIIGQLDo-5rCg2FNJaIrOpJpSRGagzO7vQbo2

Hey!!!!! With a 20-25% on the GDP tax rate I'm sure they can hire enough @-holes to crawl up everyone's @=hole to ensure they do get paid. No problem Markle... and look at all the new jobs they'll create hiring those @-holes. Now have a drink and relax.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5NnZcdtMnw

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 7/6/2015, 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

As I posted in a new thread, the problem is not that Greece's taxes are to low, they are Draconian, but rather TAX EVASION. They don't pay them.

The government is controlled by the wealthy and the oligarchy.  It has been this way for over a hundred years and the Europeans have repeatedly had to bail this corrupt system out.   Germans who pay high taxes and use those taxes to have high productivity and economic growth now have to subsidize the wealthy in Greece who only pay 6% of GDP in taxes.   One thing is certain, Greece is out of the Euro zone......this would be like Mississippi, and other states in the old south taking more federal dollars than they contribute.....oh yea.....that is happening......Greece is shortly on its own....they will pay back nothing.

2seaoat wrote:As I posted in a new thread, the problem is not that Greece's taxes are to low, they are Draconian, but rather TAX EVASION. They don't pay them.

The government is controlled by the wealthy and the oligarchy.  It has been this way for over a hundred years and the Europeans have repeatedly had to bail this corrupt system out.   Germans who pay high taxes and use those taxes to have high productivity and economic growth now have to subsidize the wealthy in Greece who only pay 6% of GDP in taxes.   One thing is certain, Greece is out of the Euro zone......this would be like Mississippi, and other states in the old south taking more federal dollars than they contribute.....oh yea.....that is happening......Greece is shortly on its own....they will pay back nothing.

As with Progressives in America, GREECE VOTES AGAINST AUSTERITY. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjU6WHMqZQC2kMNK_oVQjLgYGWy4KR4GwCNwE7vRmIPRCTLc_z

Don't forget to add Illinois, California, and most likely Ohio and New York; to the list of states that are going broke or are broke.

Wait! Aren't those states for the most part progressive?

*****FART*****
IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY2aDNhtX0I

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum