Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I didn't do it.

+7
Yella
VectorMan
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
Watcher
Markle
gulfbeachbandit
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1I didn't do it. Empty I didn't do it. 11/16/2012, 1:39 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_breaking-florida-ebt-card-system-down-26727.shtml

You all probably think I had something to do with crashing the ebt computers but I promise, it wasn't me.
But I'd like to congratulate whoever was behind it.

Thank you. I hope the system never comes back up.

TALLAHASSEE— Due to national technology issues at JPMorgan
Chase, Florida Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card holders are not able to
use their cards for normal processing at grocery, convenience and other stores
that accept EBT cards.

EBT cards are used by recipients of cash and food assistance for purchases in
approved stores. With the system down, stores can choose to run a manual
processing of up to $40. Wal-Mart stores have the ability to process manual
transactions of up to $100.

The outage began this morning around 7 a.m. and has not yet been resolved. BREAKING: Florida EBT Card System Down
Friday, November 16 2012, 11:28 AM CST

2I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/16/2012, 1:50 pm

salinski wrote:

You all probably think I had something to do with crashing the ebt computers but I promise, it wasn't me.

I don't believe that anyone on this forum thinks you could have possibly have had anything to do with the EBT computer glitch. You do not have enough intelligence to carry out something that elaborate.

3I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/16/2012, 1:58 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
salinski wrote:

I don't believe that anyone on this forum thinks you could have possibly have had anything to do with the EBT computer glitch. You do not have enough intelligence to carry out something that elaborate.

You must have needed your ebt for lunch today. Hungry?

4I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/16/2012, 2:44 pm

Might be a slow day at the Navy Exchange Commissaries

Commissaries accept cash, personal checks, travelers checks, money orders, American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and VISA credit cards, debit cards, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) EBT cash assistance, Food Stamps, either as coupons or Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT), Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) payment instruments (issued as checks, drafts, vouchers, warrants, or EBT by different states), American Red Cross Disbursing Orders and Commissary Gift Certificates.

Do they have a express lane for CPOs with a EBT card?

5I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/16/2012, 2:58 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

hallmarkgrad wrote:Might be a slow day at the Navy Exchange Commissaries

Commissaries accept cash, personal checks, travelers checks, money orders, American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and VISA credit cards, debit cards, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) EBT cash assistance, Food Stamps, either as coupons or Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT), Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) payment instruments (issued as checks, drafts, vouchers, warrants, or EBT by different states), American Red Cross Disbursing Orders and Commissary Gift Certificates.

Probably not a good idea to make babies if you can't afford to feed them. Or yourself.

6I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/16/2012, 3:04 pm

Navy personnel use EBT cards? Who knew.....

7I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/16/2012, 3:11 pm

salinski wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
salinski wrote:

You must have needed your ebt for lunch today. Hungry?

Nope, I got all the groceries that I need. Not hungry any longer, just had a big ole bowl of homemade chili.

8I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/16/2012, 6:26 pm

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
salinski wrote:

Never truer words spoken. LOL!

9I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/16/2012, 6:44 pm

Not a slow day at the commissary, my wife just got back and she said that it was packed. She said it took almost a half hour just to find a parking spot.

10I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/16/2012, 8:15 pm

Markle

Markle

salinski wrote:

Probably not a good idea to make babies if you can't afford to feed them. Or yourself.

Oh not true, not true. (Sarcasm for those in doubt) The GOVERNMENT is advertising on TV and radio to come sign up from food stamps all to free cell phones.

Why get off the couch? Get a couple odd jobs under the table, get the giant flat screen TV and life is grand!

To encourage more poor decisions, ObamaCare will reward unmarried people with children more than married couples. Once again rewarding bad behavior and punishing good behavior.

Ain't GOVERNMENT GRAND?

11I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/16/2012, 8:27 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Not a slow day at the commissary, my wife just got back and she said that it was packed. She said it took almost a half hour just to find a parking spot.

How did you or your family get commissary privileges? You didn't serve.
Unless your wife works there as a bag lady.

12I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/16/2012, 9:38 pm

Watcher

Watcher

salinski wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Maybe his wife served, you jackass. And what's it to you, anyway?

13I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/17/2012, 12:14 am

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Watcher wrote:
salinski wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Maybe his wife served, you jackass. And what's it to you, anyway?
What's it to you anyway? Mind your own business. Dummy.

14I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/17/2012, 11:47 am

salinski wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

First, I never said a world about privileges for my wife and family, I said my wife. I have never set foot inside the commissary.

If you were a Navy CPO as you like to claim, you should be aware that any installation commander can grant commissary privileges just by the stroke of a pen. My wife's company does quite a lot of work for the Navy by contract. She has a letter signed by the commander that grants her use of the commissary on a year by year, case by case basis.

I suggest that you become familiar with DOD Instruction 1330.17.

15I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/17/2012, 11:52 am

salinski wrote:

What's it to you anyway? Mind your own business. Dummy.

You sure have room to talk, you are always sticking your nose in everyone's business. Hell pot meet kettle.

16I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/17/2012, 12:11 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Civilian contractors do not have commissary benefits.

17I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/17/2012, 12:17 pm

Nekochan wrote:Civilian contractors do not have commissary benefits.

Except as granted by installation commanders.

18I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/17/2012, 12:24 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Only in very, very specific circumstances, such as in an emergency situation. The installation commander cannot just grant commissary privileges to someone who works on the base.

19I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/17/2012, 12:30 pm

Nekochan wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Only in very, very specific circumstances, such as in an emergency situation. The installation commander cannot just grant commissary privileges to someone who works on the base.

I am not going to argue with you about all the specifics of it, however my wife has a signed agreement from the installation commander that grants her commissary privileges.

From a Q&A on the DoD commissary website, Commissaries.com:

An agent does not have to be an authorized commissary shopper, but only an installation commander can authorize agent privileges.

We recommend that you contact the commissary store director closest to you and request contact information for the installation office that prepares agent authorizations. A list of commissaries can be found on this website and their e-mail addresses are listed on the commissaries' "Locations/Phones" pages.

It might also be helpful to ask what documents an agent needs to gain access to the installation.

20I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/17/2012, 12:34 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

I am not going to argue with you about all the specifics of it, however my wife has a signed agreement from the installation commander that grants her commissary privileges.

From a Q&A on the DoD commissary website, Commissaries.com:

An agent does not have to be an authorized commissary shopper, but only an installation commander can authorize agent privileges.

We recommend that you contact the commissary store director closest to you and request contact information for the installation office that prepares agent authorizations. A list of commissaries can be found on this website and their e-mail addresses are listed on the commissaries' "Locations/Phones" pages.

It might also be helpful to ask what documents an agent needs to gain access to the installation.

That is for an AGENT...someone who shops on behalf of a person who does have the benefit. For example, a handicapped veteran can designate an agent to shop on his/her behalf. The rules are very, very specific and an installation commander cannot just grant civilians commissary access for themselves because they did contract work on the base. An installation commander would be in big, big trouble if he or she did this.

21I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/17/2012, 12:46 pm

Nekochan wrote:
That is for an AGENT...someone who shops on behalf of a person who does have the benefit. For example, a handicapped veteran can designate an agent to shop on his/her behalf. The rules are very, very specific and an installation commander cannot just grant civilians commissary access for themselves because they did contract work on the base. An installation commander would be in big, big trouble if he or she did this.

OK, this is the last post I'm going to make regarding the commissary.

This is what Commissary Director Gene Lantz had to say about DoD civilians and cobtractors.

The Commissary is typically off-limits to non-retired federal civilians and contractors. Commissary Director Gene Lantz said that installation or garrison commanders could make exceptions for contractors to receive Commissary privileges if it's in the contract.

So if you want to keep arguing about it, then knock yourself out because there is no way that you can dispute the fact that mu wife shops at the Navy commissary.

22I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/17/2012, 1:01 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

OK, this is the last post I'm going to make regarding the commissary.

This is what Commissary Director Gene Lantz had to say about DoD civilians and cobtractors.

The Commissary is typically off-limits to non-retired federal civilians and contractors. Commissary Director Gene Lantz said that installation or garrison commanders could make exceptions for contractors to receive Commissary privileges if it's in the contract.

So if you want to keep arguing about it, then knock yourself out because there is no way that you can dispute the fact that mu wife shops at the Navy commissary.

The commissary is off limits to retired federal civilians and contractors as well. It's off limits to almost all civilians except for DOD civilian employees who work overseas or to contractors who work in remote locations. There are very specific rules that must be followed.

I don't know where your wife shops. I do know that the base CO cannot just grant commissary access willy nilly to civilians who work on base. And what you posted about an agent refers to someone who does have access, like a disabled military retiree, to have someone designated as an agent to shop on his/her behalf.

23I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/17/2012, 1:53 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

In other words, it is very very rare that civilian contractors can be granted temporary commissary privileges. I highly doubt it is done anywhere within the US and more than likely reserved for remote areas.

24I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/17/2012, 1:58 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:In other words, it is very very rare that civilian contractors can be granted temporary commissary privileges. I highly doubt it is done anywhere within the US and more than likely reserved for remote areas.

Yes.

25I didn't do it. Empty Re: I didn't do it. 11/17/2012, 2:05 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Whew!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum