Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Training and teachers...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Training and teachers... Empty Training and teachers... 10/17/2012, 4:38 pm

Training and teachers... Is?VWx_go_lebDezKF2xogvRUaZrkYM3_aE3k2DPkT9rkQ

Screw creating a 100,000 new teaching jobs in an economy like this.

It doesn't take rocket science to be able to stock shelves, flip burgers, dig a ditch, hold a road sign, etc...

If companies want more training than what a perspective employee that has some training in the job they're applying for then let the company pay for it. Needless to say I'm tired of hearing how people need more training for a job that only pays minumum wage to fifteen dollars an hour. At those wages a high school education should be sufficient and the company can pick up the bill for any extra training they want.

If you didn't want to achieve during the twelve years of school that were made available to you then be happy with your lot in life.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njG7p6CSbCU

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 10/17/2012, 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Training and teachers... Empty Re: Training and teachers... 10/17/2012, 5:03 pm

Congratulations. Spoken like a true retired Miltary ass hole.. good Job...

3Training and teachers... Empty Re: Training and teachers... 10/17/2012, 5:24 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:Congratulations. Spoken like a true retired Miltary ass hole.. good Job...

You know he has a little bit of a point Hallmark.

$15 isnt that much pay to live a decent life. Its a shame when people spend thousands and thousands to get a higher education and still have to live in poverty.

If anything this would be a modertate stance, perhaps even a little liberal since it tacks the bill onto bussinesses.

4Training and teachers... Empty Re: Training and teachers... 10/17/2012, 5:31 pm

It doesn't have to be that way. Tech schools and trades schools can help employers also train people . Back to the Ball Park, we go in debt for 100 mil and the bitch about not having money for the library and training programs. If we dont invest in the futures of our young and offer them a "real" way to make a living then we are screwed. Tech schools and Trade schools in this area are a joke. maybe I am off topic but look at Mobile http://maritime.aidt.edu/ I know of a company that is looking for pipe fitters/welders. $42 a hour to start. But you have to be good. We could become a great place to provide real training but PSC has it locked up with some BS programs. How do I know? I completed the auto Technology course. What a waste of time, but I burned my Vet money doing it.

Last edited by hallmarkgrad on 10/17/2012, 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Training and teachers... Empty Re: Training and teachers... 10/17/2012, 6:32 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:Congratulations. Spoken like a true retired Miltary ass hole.. good Job...

I'm a military asshole.....consider yourself warned. I agree with a lot of his post too. Lots of kids are taking the bare minimums to get through high school and then thinking that they are prepared for college. Not so much. You'll only be prepared to pass the college placement test and not take remedial classes IF you have taken a college prep curriculum. Those are the classes many student shun for one reason or another, yet then they want to go to FSU or Florida and cannot be accepted because their ACT or SAT scores are too low. Then they want to blame the teachers. WTH? Who signed you up for all those bonehead, high school classes? The teacher or the parents/students? Nuf said.

If Seaoat were here, he would say the same thing. He would harp on how SAT/ACT scores are low, but he also would fail to recognize that we have high school guidance counselors pushing every kid in school to take the SAT/ACT even if they are not ready. We are pushing every kid who shows up at school and can pay for the exam to take it whether they are prepared or not and that is why I do not take much stock in the scores because I know what the clientele is like who is taking the test.

6Training and teachers... Empty Re: Training and teachers... 10/17/2012, 6:42 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:It doesn't have to be that way. Tech schools and trades schools can help employers also train people . Back to the Ball Park, we go in debt for 100 mil and the bitch about not having money for the library and training programs. If we dont invest in the futures of our young and offer them a "real" way to make a living then we are screwed. Tech schools and Trade schools in this area are a joke. maybe I am off topic but look at Mobile http://maritime.aidt.edu/ I know of a companty that is looking for pipe fitters/welders. $42 a hour to start. But you have to be good. We could become a great place to provide real training but PSC has it locked up with some BS programs. How do I know? I completed the auto Technology course. What a waste of time, but I burned my Vet money doing it.

I agree and disagree with your post. First, I agree that our local votech schools are offering the bare minimums. We should be offering what the link is offering, but we do not have the actual employers and facilities to do such training. That mobile school is obviously getting their students training in the shipyards and making it part of their program. It's a win-win. The school gets their folks trained and the shipyard gets stuff done for cheap, but done correctly. Then they have a ready made pool of people to hire that already meet their standards of work.

You did choose the program you blew your school money on and that is nobody's fault but your own. I am in the same boat. I should have crossed the 50k per year salary level three years ago, but we stopped getting pay raises, even the step raises, at that same time. I don't know of any people with 21 years of experience, with a BA degree, and the experience I have making less than 50k per year.

7Training and teachers... Empty Re: Training and teachers... 10/17/2012, 11:51 pm

Training and teachers... Is?sNOIY_KnAOs3zX9LvPqmQX12uDEKjU6wnWSkOFIMAq0

Spoken like a true liberal, insults and all, who's only solution is for the government to throw more money at the problem.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkhX5W7JoWI

Smile

8Training and teachers... Empty Re: Training and teachers... 10/18/2012, 12:14 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:It doesn't have to be that way. Tech schools and trades schools can help employers also train people . Back to the Ball Park, we go in debt for 100 mil and the bitch about not having money for the library and training programs. If we dont invest in the futures of our young and offer them a "real" way to make a living then we are screwed. Tech schools and Trade schools in this area are a joke. maybe I am off topic but look at Mobile http://maritime.aidt.edu/ I know of a company that is looking for pipe fitters/welders. $42 a hour to start. But you have to be good. We could become a great place to provide real training but PSC has it locked up with some BS programs. How do I know? I completed the auto Technology course. What a waste of time, but I burned my Vet money doing it.

Training and teachers... Is?PwUbWMeRnRx6JJrq4FRYlGF3PhhDUGrj7Ew3LbELkBY

But they don't and neither do our colleges and universities. I was an academic achiever in high school; math, science, etc...; and could have graduated at three years instead of four. Instead I took more science and math at the high school I attended took the ACT & SAT (with outstanding scores) and hoped for scholarships and such (Yeah right).

In the end I joined the service in a high tech field for the vet benefits. What's that?... Oh!!!!! Colleges and universities don't like vet training and even though I went to college at the end of my service for the years that the government cut vets too. After doing away with the Veit Nam era GI Bill.

With a translated 90 credits from service that didn't mean a thing towards a degree or getting me out of college any sooner. I had to start at ground zero for the degree I was striving for instead of receiving credits that meant something towards a higher level of education. So yeah. I don't have any use for colleges and universities either and am more than willing to cut their funding. All they want is money.

If politics rules then the colleges and universities can take some cuts also as far as I'm concerned because if they want to piss in my corn flakes I'm more than willing to return the favor.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fNY0JuATpQ

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 10/18/2012, 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total

9Training and teachers... Empty Re: Training and teachers... 10/18/2012, 12:33 am

. I don't have any use for colleges and universities either and am more than willing to cut their funding

Now ya talking!!! Damn dem edumacated A holes. You dont need no collegge degree to drive a tracktor like we does up here on da farm. Hells Bells High school shud only be to the 10th grad. We need some more of the B-2 anyways. ...

The 20 B-2s in service were built at a cost of $2.1 billion each, with many parts one-of-a-kind. Contributing to the high cost of an overhaul is the meticulous care that must be taken in restoring the bomber's dark gray coating, known as "advanced high-frequency material," which is the key to keeping it nearly invisible to radar.

Even so, the overhaul costs are a sore point with some military industry critics who have long called the B-2 a gold-plated boondoggle.

"It's the ultimate hangar queen," said Winslow T. Wheeler, an analyst at the Center for Defense Information, a Pentagon watchdog group.

The bomber, he said, is not useful for waging the kind of warfare being fought today against low-tech enemies. "It's irrelevant in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan," he said.

10Training and teachers... Empty Re: Training and teachers... 10/18/2012, 3:24 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:. I don't have any use for colleges and universities either and am more than willing to cut their funding

Now ya talking!!! Damn dem edumacated A holes. You dont need no collegge degree to drive a tracktor like we does up here on da farm. Hells Bells High school shud only be to the 10th grad. We need some more of the B-2 anyways. ...

The 20 B-2s in service were built at a cost of $2.1 billion each, with many parts one-of-a-kind. Contributing to the high cost of an overhaul is the meticulous care that must be taken in restoring the bomber's dark gray coating, known as "advanced high-frequency material," which is the key to keeping it nearly invisible to radar.

Even so, the overhaul costs are a sore point with some military industry critics who have long called the B-2 a gold-plated boondoggle.

"It's the ultimate hangar queen," said Winslow T. Wheeler, an analyst at the Center for Defense Information, a Pentagon watchdog group.

The bomber, he said, is not useful for waging the kind of warfare being fought today against low-tech enemies. "It's irrelevant in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan," he said.

Training and teachers... Is?pPxtH0HmowDp6R4UYHqF_bsH4OcoLuV3FGW5UjLy5Eg

I didn't say I agreed with the military spending waste any more than the college/university spending waste.

Wait!!!!!... They both rely heavily on government support don't they?

Me thinks you're barking up the wrong tree.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAlzg0S51GY

Laughing

.....PINHEAD

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum