Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supreme Court hands Trump, Republican seditionists the ultimate loss

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joan McCarter
Daily Kos Staff
Friday December 11, 2020 · 5:42 PM CST

The U.S. Supreme Court has refused to take part in Donald Trump and the Republican Party of the United State's coup attempt despite a final round of frivolous unicorn poop and pixie dust briefs from, including and I am not making this up, "New California State" and "New Nevada State." (Alternately, "New Nevada Sate" because spelling is optional in the new civil war.)

Texas filed its reply brief, responding to the blistering briefs from the four states—Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin—whose citizens' votes Texas (and 17 other states and 126 Republican House members) wanted to have wiped out. They did so with nonsense: "Texas ask this Court to recognize that Defendant States' maladministration of the 2020 election makes it impossible to know which candidate garnered the majority of lawful votes." They also added a big ol' dollop of racism just so the Court would know what they meant by "lawful votes" in arguing that "a few urban centers" stole the election and that if the Court doesn't act those "few urban centers will manufacture an unlawful and insuperable vote margin," ruining elections forever. Also, lots of gibberish and already litigated, disproven, and dismissed allegations.

The Court was not convinced.

The order, dropped Friday evening, was succinct and unsigned.

The State of Texas’s motion for leave to file a bill of complaint is denied for lack of standing under Article III of the Constitution. Texas has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another State conducts its elections. All other pending motions are dismissed as moot.

Justices Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas voiced objection to denying the filing, but nothing more.

Statement of Justice Alito, with whom Justice Thomas joins: In my view, we do not have discretion to deny the filing of a bill of complaint in a case that falls within our original jurisdiction. See Arizona v. California, 589 U. S. ___ (Feb. 24, 2020) (Thomas, J., dissenting). I would therefore grant the motion to file the bill of complaint but would not grant other relief, and I express no view on any other issue.

The civil war and coup attempt will have to continue without the Court’s blessing. This does put all those Republican senators who keep insisting that they can't recognize Joe Biden as president-elect because there was still litigation ongoing on the spot. With Trump having 40 more days to make their lives miserable, what are they going to say now?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/12/11/2001353/-Supreme-Court-hands-Trump-Republican-seditionists-the-ultimate-loss?pm_source=story_sidebar&pm_medium=web&pm_campaign=most-shared#comment_79587552

zsomething likes this post

PkrBum

PkrBum

Sedition? Lmao... challenging election results (which dems do constantly) is sedition... but overturning and undermining a duly elected potus for 4 continuous years is A OK. You're a joke. But the good news is that you've set the precedent. Now just enjoy the same tactics.

Hunter and James are in deep water... and what's their asset to barter? Only access to Joe.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/12/09/justice-department-interest-hunter-biden-taxes-444139

Telstar

Telstar

Benghazi,Benghazi,Benghazi!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Here Are The Names Of 126 Members Of The House Who Refuse To Accept That Biden Won

These 126 House Republicans threw their support behind a Texas attempt to overturn the election results in key battleground states.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/skbaer/list-republican-house-members-overturn-election?fbclid=IwAR38mV1sNR75Fl7CmTQLCPOpfYcM-5ouFTIjiC3VHWMBJG3CqujX0N-eJic

Telstar and zsomething like this post

PkrBum

PkrBum

Here are the names of all Democrats, including in the house, Senate, and judiciary, that refused to accept the '16 election:

www.usefulidiots.com

RealLindaL

Pkr knows damned well there is no possible comparison on the face of this earth to the idiotic, childish stonewalling being perpetrated by this poor excuse for a human being we call Trump -- who's doing it ALL, I repeat ALL, for the SOLE purpose of raking in cash from his ignorant, sycophantic followers, to hell with what's happening in front of his very eyes to what was once a fine and proud nation, where today the Arizona electoral college vote had to be taken in an "undisclosed location," and the Michigan capitol building closed to the general public, all because of "credible threats of violence."  

Welcome to Trump's "law and order" world.  Are you kidding me??  

THIS MAN RUINS EVERYTHING HE TOUCHES.  HE IS IS PURE, UNADULTERATED POISON, THE EXACT LIKES OF WHICH OUR NATION HAS NEVER SEEN IN PUBLIC OFFICE AND HOPEFULLY NEVER WILL AGAIN.

Thank heaven Trump will soon be consigned to the most ignominious trash heap of history, and those stupid fools who idolized and/or bowed to him, refusing to call him out at every evil turn, will join him there for the duration.  GOOD F-ING RIDDANCE.

Floridatexan, Telstar and zsomething like this post

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:Pkr knows damned well there is no possible comparison on the face of this earth to the idiotic, childish stonewalling being perpetrated by this poor excuse for a human being we call Trump -- who's doing it ALL, I repeat ALL, for the SOLE purpose of raking in cash from his ignorant, sycophantic followers, to hell with what's happening in front of his very eyes to what was once a fine and proud nation, where today the Arizona electoral college vote had to be taken in an "undisclosed location," and the Michigan capitol building closed to the general public, all because of "credible threats of violence."  

THIS MAN RUINS EVERYTHING HE TOUCHES.  HE IS IS PURE, UNADULTERATED POISON, THE EXACT LIKES OF WHICH OUR NATION HAS NEVER SEEN IN PUBLIC OFFICE AND HOPEFULLY NEVER WILL AGAIN.

Thank heaven Trump will soon be consigned to the most ignominious trash heap of history, and those stupid fools who idolized and/or bowed to him, refusing to call him out at every evil turn, will join him there for the duration.  GOOD F-ING RIDDANCE.

Supreme Court hands Trump, Republican seditionists the ultimate loss Picgif20

zsomething

RealLindaL wrote:Pkr knows damned well there is no possible comparison on the face of this earth to the idiotic, childish stonewalling being perpetrated by this poor excuse for a human being we call Trump -- who's doing it ALL, I repeat ALL, for the SOLE purpose of raking in cash from his ignorant, sycophantic followers, to hell with what's happening in front of his very eyes to what was once a fine and proud nation, where today the Arizona electoral college vote had to be taken in an "undisclosed location," and the Michigan capitol building closed to the general public, all because of "credible threats of violence."  

Amazing, ain't he? Sits on his thumb for four years while America does a full-cast replay of the first several episodes of this ( https://www.sfgate.com/movies/article/The-World-at-War-review-WWII-documentary-series-2461421.php ), does nothing but defend it, but as soon as somebody normal's coming into office, then he starts yammering about dictators. I don't know who brainwashed that little putz, but they sure got their money's worth.

I don't think he even believes half the stuff he says. He just hates us and wants to pretend to be that stupid because he knows it's infuriating. Really, he's got nothing else to do.

Anyway, Trump's still stirring up his morons for fun and profit. His brownshirts are still ganging up to beat up Jewish people in the streets and burn Black Lives Matter signs ( https://thegailygrind.com/2020/12/13/gang-of-pro-trump-proud-boys-in-d-c-savagely-beat-couple-punch-woman-in-face-watch/ ), and Trump doesn't care because all these folks are to him is a source of revenue... just another grifting scam, more stupidity he can exploit.

I just finished reading Sarah Kendzior's book ( https://www.amazon.com/Hiding-Plain-Sight-Invention-Erosion/dp/1250210712/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=sarah+kendzior&qid=1608045465&s=books&sr=1-1 ) and she details how Trump's been running this pattern his whole life, and the Republican party's been pushing to get their base softened up to accept a dictator. They love to talk about the Constitution, but when something very basic to it -- such as letting people vote -- comes into question, they're ready to torch the whole thing when it doesn't work in their favor.

Trump's defenders are the last people in the world who have any claim to patriotism anymore. For all the destruction he caused and the damage to this country's world standing, he did do one thing -- he finally got the conservatives to take the disguise off and show just how motivated they are by stupidity, lies, and bigotry. Our resident pest is just one case in point.

Telstar and RealLindaL like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum