Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PANDUMBIC

+5
zsomething
othershoe1030
RealLindaL
Telstar
Floridatexan
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 20]

101PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 6/27/2020, 4:02 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:In Google search type in any 3 digit number and "new cases". There's a corresponding headline/article for every one. Then try 4 digits. It's no coincidence. It's manipulation. Another interesting thing is that the testing results don't include asymptomatic numbers. There's not any correlation to the protests either. This isn't science. In a year or so some real application of science is (or should be) going to be an embarrassment.

Comrades are easy.

Just for the heck of it, (and taking a break from my painting project) I decided to try your idea that the data are being manipulated.

At random I entered "294 new cases" in my search engine and came up with some interesting results that disprove your claim.

New cases have been tracked and reported over the past several months. The Internet casts a global net for data and reports. Given these two factors it is easy to see how on some date at some location somewhere on the globe there might be reports of a given number of new cases. Here's what I found when I searched for 294 new cases:

https://dubaiofw.com/1798-total-cases-uae/
On April 5, UAE reported 294 new cases, bringing total cases to 1,799

https://www.myjoyonline.com/news/national/ghana-records-294-new-covid-19-cases-two-more-deaths-and-90-recoveries/

Ghana’s Covid-19 case count has increased by 294 to 9,462, the Ghana Health Service has said.

On its Covid-19 webpage, the Service indicated that two more persons have died whereas 90 have recovered from the disease.

Total cases to that date: 9,462

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/health-care/article/21136903/covid19-update-294-new-cases
COVID-19 update: 294 new cases
State releases guidance to allow visitors at long-term care facilities

AUTHORS Staff Reports

The Tennessee Department of Health has reported a total of 27,869 cases of COVID-19 across the state, up 294 cases from the number on Tuesday, continuing an upward trend of infections across the state a month and a half into its reopening. Of those cases, 18,516 have recovered, 1,990 have been hospitalized and 436 people have died — up 503, 16 and one, respectively, from the numbers 24 hours earlier.

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-confirms-294-new-covid-19-cases-lowest-number-reported-in-nearly-six-weeks-1.4932893

Published Sunday, May 10, 2020 10:30AM EDT
Last Updated Sunday, May 10, 2020 1:22PM EDT
The number of new COVID-19 cases dipped below 300 on Saturday for the first time in more than a month.
The province says 294 cases of the virus were confirmed on Saturday, down from 346 reported on Friday.
It is the lowest number of new cases since March 31 when 260 new cases of the virus were confirmed.

Searching for: 853 new cases:

https://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20200518/coronavirus-11-new-volusia-cases-four-in-flagler-853-statewide

By Nikki Ross

Posted May 18, 2020 at 11:12 AM
Updated May 18, 2020 at 4:23 PM

On Monday Florida added 853 new coronavirus cases, including 11 in Volusia County and four in Flagler County, according to the state Department of Health.

There were 853 new coronavirus cases announced Monday, including 11 in Volusia County and four in Flagler County, according to the Florida Department of Health.

The total number of cases statewide is now 46,442; of those cases, 45,208 are Florida residents and 1,234 are non-residents, per the Department of Health.

https://indyweek.com/news/northcarolina/north-carolina-largest-spike-in-cases-reopening-phase-two/

North Carolina reported its largest-single day spike in coronavirus cases this weekend and officials are closely monitoring trends to determine if its safe to enter the second phase reopening the economy this weekend.

"We'll ease restrictions and move to Phase 2 only if we're headed in the right direction with our data," said Governor Roy Cooper Monday.

As of Monday, the state has reported 19,203 confirmed cases of the virus and 661 deaths. About 500 people are currently hospitalized with the virus.

The state saw the biggest jump in cases Saturday, with 853 new cases reported. This is, in part, because the state has ramped up testing for the virus—adding 275 testing sites (link) and conducting about 7,500 screenings a day.

https://mothership.sg/2020/04/covid-19-new-cases-foreign-workers/

853 out of 897 new cases in S’pore on April 24 are foreign workers in dormitories
Most of these cases have a mild illness and are being monitored.

Belmont Lay|   April 24, 11:52 PM

https://nypost.com/2020/03/16/iran-reaches-853-coronavirus-deaths-and-over-1000-new-cases-official/

DUBAI — Iran’s death toll from the new coronavirus has reached 853, with 129 new deaths in the past 24 hours, a health ministry official tweeted Monday, adding that a total of 14,991 people have been infected across Iran.

“In the past 24 hours we had 1,053 confirmed new cases of coronavirus and 129 new deaths,” Alireza Vahabzadeh tweeted.

searching for 195 new cases:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coronavirus-live-updates-missouri-sees-195-new-cases-kansas-reports-235-additional-cases/ar-BB15lNUf

CORONAVIRUS LIVE UPDATES: Missouri sees 195 new cases; Kansas reports 235 additional cases

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/06/16/massachusetts-reports-195-new-coronavirus-cases-and-18-more-deaths/

Massachusetts Reports 195 New Coronavirus Cases And 18 More Deaths
June 16, 2020 at 4:09 pmFiled Under:Boston News, Coronavirus

I think this shows a pattern. It proves that in some place, a number of new cases on some day or other can be found. It is no surprise then that when a search is done that a boat load of "headlines" come up in the results.

As for a random search using 4-digit numbers I was not so lucky and would challenge you to produce a documented sample of results for said 4-digit number. I really do not think there are many such results to be found, certainly not on the scale of the more likely three-digit numbers.

As to your comment about the demonstrations, I've heard public health officials positing the notion that besides the fact that most of them were wearing face masks, which is known to cut down on transmission of the virus, the events were held outdoors, which may be a bigger factor in cutting transmission than was previously thought.

Floridatexan and Telstar like this post

102PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 6/27/2020, 4:38 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

zsomething wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Here's a prediction. I've been thinking this for some time now. The news about the spread of the virus gets worse and worse every day. It is more difficult to ignore, has an impact on more families.

Individual One has his medical history shrouded in mystery. He can claim anything he wants about it. My prediction is that, in order to avoid facing a catastrophic loss in November (like the world has never seen!) he is going to resign from office using some medical excuse, let Pence or some other flunky head the ticket and complain/whine for the rest of his sorry life that: If I had been healthy enough I would have won the election! It was rigged! The Republicans didn't know how to run the campaign! I was the best president ever.

I'm just saying that he so hates the thought of being seen as a loser that he would rather resign than face the outcome of a landslide referendum on his miserable administration. He'd rather resign than have to go through the humiliation of greeting the Bidens at the white house on January 20th and sit through the swearing in ceremony and sit still while Joe gives his speech. I just have trouble trying to picture that. He is lacking so terribly in anything approaching social graces! I just can't imagine him suffering through that day. Of course he could run, lose and then resign?

It's possible.  I'm just not sure his ego would let him just quit.  He's so sure that people love him and think he's great (perfect in fact - even Hannity rolled his eyes at this 'un! https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1276328928123195392 ) that I'm not sure he'll believe the polls.  His followers always claim "the polls thought Hillary would win, too!", so they're gambling on long odds.  "Lightning struck that tree before, so I'm betting on it to get hit again!"   There's no reasoning with 'em.

What I think Trump will do is get beaten, then he'll claim it was due to "voter fraud," and his cult of followers will believe him.  Then he'll do what he was planning to do when he thought he was going to get beaten by Hillary -- he'll start a network that's even crazier than FOX and OAN, just for his cult members.  And they'll sit over there and get crazier and crazier and crazier.

Right-wingers are already fleeing to echo-chambers on the internet, little safe-spaces where they won't get fact-checked or refuted and can use the N-word and some of their other favorite slurs.  What that does is twofold:  it's (A) a white flag waving to show they surrender in the war of ideas, and (B) a great way to give up on recruiting, because nobody'll be going to those sites unless they're already like-minded.   They're just becoming even more of a cult...  and Trump's a crazy idiot, but he recognizes fools who can be exploited.  I think he'll cash in on what's left of his cult once he's voted out.  And they won't see him as a "loser" because they'd rather see the Dems as "cheaters."  

I mean, hell, look at 'em -- they still think the real crime around Flynn was holding him accountable.  The real bad guys, to them, are the people who investigated him... not him for doing corrupt things in the first place.  Their critical thinking skills are just flat-out gone.  They've got an empty toolbox.

Well, all your points are quite possible, especially the part about how he thinks so much of himself and how wonderful he and his followers are. Also, he can remember with fondness, how wrong the polls were that showed him likely to lose.

These are definitely potent news days and an exciting time to be observing current events and American history.  If he has time after all his court dates post-office, I too think it is likely he'll manage to get his orange-ness on some sort of media for sure.

Telstar, RealLindaL and zsomething like this post

103PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 6/29/2020, 9:10 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

https://www.livescience.com/amp/cdc-combined-covid-19-diagnostic-and-antibody-tests.html

104PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 6/29/2020, 10:05 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:https://www.livescience.com/amp/cdc-combined-covid-19-diagnostic-and-antibody-tests.html

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is conflating the results of two different types of coronavirus tests, distorting several important metrics and providing the country with an inaccurate picture of the state of the pandemic. We’ve learned that the CDC is making, at best, a debilitating mistake: combining test results that diagnose current coronavirus infections with test results that measure whether someone has ever had the virus. The upshot is that the government’s disease-fighting agency is overstating the country’s ability to test people who are sick with COVID-19.

I wonder if they were told to conflate the two groups of data? It makes no sense whatsoever to report it this way unless the intent is more confusion and chaos?

The article is over a mont old so I would think by this point they have sorted things out. This was the only article I saw that mentioned this stupid mistake.

zsomething likes this post

105PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 6/29/2020, 10:18 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

As I linked earlier in this thread... there was also a CDC directive that overstated covid deaths on the certificates. Then there was undercounting on the nursing home deaths in NY, MI, NJ... etc. This has been a political football.

106PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 7/1/2020, 4:18 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:As I linked earlier in this thread... there was also a CDC directive that overstated covid deaths on the certificates. Then there was undercounting on the nursing home deaths in NY, MI, NJ... etc. This has been a political football.

All the attention and fooling around with the way the CDC reports tests or deaths, or whatever doesn't change the fact that Americans can't go to Europe on vacation this summer.  We are doing such a spectacular job of spreading the sickness, rather than containing it that we aren't allowed to mingle with citizens in countries that actually followed known and proven methods of slowing the spread.

No amount of pointing to botched reports changes the fact that we are spinning out of control. The reason this is happening is that there is no national plan, no leadership and no understanding of scientific practices among a certain segment of our society.

The fake news, Fox, Christian radio etc. have their listeners believing that this is all a hoax. Fictional patients in ICU beds I guess?

Floridatexan and zsomething like this post

107PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 7/4/2020, 12:19 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Hydroxychloroquine saved coronavirus patients' lives, Michigan study shows

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/5368661002

Among those who received hydroxychloroquine as part of early treatment, 13% died, compared with 26% of those who did not receive the drug.

108PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 7/6/2020, 10:30 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

https://slate.com/technology/2020/07/school-reopening-medical-case.html

109PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 7/6/2020, 6:02 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:https://slate.com/technology/2020/07/school-reopening-medical-case.html

You really should read the comments. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Telstar and zsomething like this post

110PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 7/18/2020, 7:29 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/499085-cdc-acknowledges-mixing-up-coronavirus-testing-data#click=https://t.co/MpWlqWzgO6

111PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 7/20/2020, 11:43 am

zsomething

Even Republicans are starting to figure out that their base is falling victim to their reactionary herd mentality, a.k.a. "anything liberals do is BAD no matter how much sense it actually makes and thus we'll oppose it."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/letters-editor-since-did-being-100013801.html

Letters to the Editor: Since when did being a Republican require stupidity on masks?

Los Angeles Times Opinion•July 19, 2020

To the editor: Columnist Virginia Heffernan's criticism of the right's mask-refusal policies was well-written and erudite, but a little long-winded for me. I was hoping for something a little more pithy, like:

You microcephalous idiots, what's wrong with you? Don't you read anything? Masks protect you, but more importantly they protect your neighbors. If everyone wears one, ultimately you are protected, especially from the un-symptomatic carrier.

Non-mask wearers only exhibit their ignorance. If you don't wear a mask, you are selfish as well as stupid.

I write this as a right-wing, conservative Republican.

Megan Wagner, Newport Beach

To the editor: It's an article of faith with many conservatives that climate science has been politicized by the leftist educational establishment in order to scare people into voting left.

Evidence comes in the form of actual climate scientists (typically older ones) who concur on climate change and agree that much of it is anthropogenic, but complain it's been wildly exaggerated and resent being told what they may teach and publish in order to keep their jobs.

Unfortunately, many on the right have made the leap from that to the notion that all science is now political, including health science — hence the vaccine deniers, the mask scoffers and the idea that leftists are using the "communist" pandemic to destroy the American economy.

Many Republican leaders, led by the president himself, evidently believe this. The result is that they've been effectively killing off their own voting base.

The moral of the story is that you can't fight the left with stupidity; it's counterproductive.

Patrick M. Dempsey, Granada Hills

To the editor: Wearing a bandage to protect an open sore against infection is a hoax. It is best to let that open sore ooze and fester.

So, don't be caught wearing a bandage in America; someone might think you care.

Ben Shaw, Chino

To the editor: For those who refuse to wear a mask because doing so makes it harder to breathe and is uncomfortable, try a ventilator.

Anne Riswold, Los Osos

Now that liberals are buying a bunch of guns, it's only a matter of time before the right-wing starts hating those, too. Smile

Floridatexan, Telstar and RealLindaL like this post

112PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 7/20/2020, 2:57 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PANDUMBIC - Page 5 108727364_10220424780803422_1017428207374894923_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=1480c5&_nc_ohc=Mem7phNpkCcAX9gXiin&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1

Telstar, RealLindaL and zsomething like this post

113PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 7/31/2020, 10:01 am

zsomething

I know these guys are gonna turn on us at some point, but until they do, they're turning out some great ads. Smile

114PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 8/3/2020, 10:26 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

115PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 8/3/2020, 4:00 pm

zsomething

Under Trump, the America has gone from being the world's leader to being a punchline/object of pity, even in the countries that Trump considers "shitholes."

Honestly, if you're truly patriotic at all, at fucking ALL, you gotta do everything you can to get this moron out of there. He's destroying a reputation that took us a couple hundred years to build. We'll never get it all back, because now we're forever going to be the country who had enough stupid, nasty people to elect such an imbecile.

What an embarrassment. Seriously, we have to be ashamed of at least 35% of our population.

116PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 8/3/2020, 4:18 pm

Telstar

Telstar

They thin he's some kind of a god and not what he really is, a load. Twisted Evil

Floridatexan and zsomething like this post

117PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 8/3/2020, 4:28 pm

zsomething

118PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 8/4/2020, 11:24 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Nothing but lies and more lies.

119PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 8/11/2020, 1:44 pm

zsomething

This is freakin' hilarious to me.

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1292984224518209537

The guy still yelling his tough-guy shit while he's being carried like a toddler with his feet dangling is just too freakin' much.

I get cracked up by guys in big shorts and ball caps trying to pick fights, anyway. Nobody's gonna find your old ass intimidating while you're dressed up like Charlie Brown. I've seen a LOT of fights, big-ol'-shorts-guy always ends up on the ground getting boot-partied. He's lucky he had his humiliated son to carry him out of there. His son looks used to it.

120PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 8/13/2020, 8:49 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PANDUMBIC - Page 5 117195065_10223545686818065_31854747834223754_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=iL76l1HKmvoAX_Zn3B1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1

121PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 8/17/2020, 1:55 pm

zsomething

Trump is a drug dealer.

Okay, so he bought up millions of doses of hydroxychloroquine and, to create a demand and make money off of it, told his idiot cultists it was a miracle cure.

Now, Mike Lindell, that creepy My Pillow guy, has invested a bunch of money in a company that makes a drug called Oleandrin, and so Trump is doing his buddy a solid by claiming that Oleandrin's a miracle cure for COVID, too. Based on absolutely nothing except the desire to make his pal a few bucks.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-reportedly-pushing-unproven-coronavirus-015618012.html

President Donald Trump is eyeing another unproven coronavirus "cure," at the recommendation of Housing and Urban Development Sec. Ben Carson, Axios reported Sunday.

Oleandrin — a botanical extract from the oleander plant — was suggested to the president by Carson in a meeting in the Oval Office in July, according to the Axios report.

MyPillow founder and CEO Mike Lindell, who's known to be well-connected with the president, also expressed support for the experimental extract. Lindell also has a financial stake in the company developing the oleandrin product, Phoenix Biotechnology.

Lindell told Axios that Trump "basically said: …'The FDA should be approving it,'" regarding oleandrin as a potential treatment for the coronavirus.

With the help of Lindell, Andrew Whitney, an executive at Phoenix Biotechnology, personally met with the president to discuss the medical effects of oleandrin, The Washington Post reported earlier this month.

In an interview with Axios, Whitney said he stood by his claim that oleandrin "cured" COVID-19 in a span of two days, and he is actively pushing for the botanical extract to make it to shelves — even as a dietary supplement instead of an approved coronavirus treatment to speed up its distribution.

"Now, there are all sorts of lawyers who would tell me I can't say things like that, because you know you need to have years of studies, and you need to have this, that, and the other, and so forth," Whitney told Axios. "But as an American with a right of free expression, I'm telling you, I've seen it with my own eyes."

Basically, if you're a buddy of Trump's, and you've got a lot of money sunk into eye of newt, Trump's gonna tell everybody that eye of newt will cure everything. He doesn't give a shit about the science, or if it actually helps anyone or not, because that doesn't matter -- if it sells, Mike Pillow will make even MORE money. Like his weird creepy ass even needs it.

The corruption in this administration is so obvious a child could spot it... but Trump's supporters refuse to admit it. They're still trying to find some molehill that Obama might've done, while they're in the shadow of the fucking Matterhorn.

Floridatexan likes this post

122PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 8/17/2020, 2:41 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

zsomething wrote:Trump is a drug dealer.

Okay, so he bought up millions of doses of hydroxychloroquine and, to create a demand and make money off of it, told his idiot cultists it was a miracle cure.

Now, Mike Lindell, that creepy My Pillow guy, has invested a bunch of money in a company that makes a drug called Oleandrin, and so Trump is doing his buddy a solid by claiming that Oleandrin's a miracle cure for COVID, too.   Based on absolutely nothing except the desire to make his pal a few bucks.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-reportedly-pushing-unproven-coronavirus-015618012.html

President Donald Trump is eyeing another unproven coronavirus "cure," at the recommendation of Housing and Urban Development Sec. Ben Carson, Axios reported Sunday.

Oleandrin — a botanical extract from the oleander plant — was suggested to the president by Carson in a meeting in the Oval Office in July, according to the Axios report.

MyPillow founder and CEO Mike Lindell, who's known to be well-connected with the president, also expressed support for the experimental extract. Lindell also has a financial stake in the company developing the oleandrin product, Phoenix Biotechnology.

Lindell told Axios that Trump "basically said: …'The FDA should be approving it,'" regarding oleandrin as a potential treatment for the coronavirus.

With the help of Lindell, Andrew Whitney, an executive at Phoenix Biotechnology, personally met with the president to discuss the medical effects of oleandrin, The Washington Post reported earlier this month.

In an interview with Axios, Whitney said he stood by his claim that oleandrin "cured" COVID-19 in a span of two days, and he is actively pushing for the botanical extract to make it to shelves — even as a dietary supplement instead of an approved coronavirus treatment to speed up its distribution.

"Now, there are all sorts of lawyers who would tell me I can't say things like that, because you know you need to have years of studies, and you need to have this, that, and the other, and so forth," Whitney told Axios. "But as an American with a right of free expression, I'm telling you, I've seen it with my own eyes."

Basically, if you're a buddy of Trump's, and you've got a lot of money sunk into eye of newt, Trump's gonna tell everybody that eye of newt will cure everything.  He doesn't give a shit about the science, or if it actually helps anyone or not, because that doesn't matter -- if it sells, Mike Pillow will make even MORE money.  Like his weird creepy ass even needs it.

The corruption in this administration is so obvious a child could spot it... but Trump's supporters refuse to admit it.   They're still trying to find some molehill that Obama might've done, while they're in the shadow of the fucking Matterhorn.

Oleander is a highly poisonous plant, very toxic even in small doses, including smoke from burning.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3089829/

123PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 8/17/2020, 3:45 pm

zsomething

Floridatexan wrote:

Oleander is a highly poisonous plant, very toxic even in small doses, including smoke from burning.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3089829/

Yep. I remember they had a lot of it growing on Pensacola Beach when I was a kid, these big bushes of it that we passed when we'd walk to the sound side, and my mom was always telling me not to touch it.

124PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 8/23/2020, 7:33 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Here it comes:

Trump considers fast-tracking UK Covid-19 vaccine before US election

FDA could use emergency authorisation rules despite fears over high-profile resignations due to safety concerns

"The Trump administration is considering bypassing normal US regulatory standards to fast-track an experimental coronavirus vaccine from the UK for use in America ahead of the presidential election, according to three people briefed on the plan.

One option being explored to speed up the availability of a vaccine would involve the US Food and Drug Administration awarding “emergency use authorisation” (EUA) in October to a vaccine being developed in a partnership between AstraZeneca and Oxford university, based on the results from a relatively small UK study if it is successful, the people said.

The AstraZeneca study has enrolled 10,000 volunteers, whereas the US government’s scientific agencies have said that a vaccine would need to be studied in 30,000 people to pass the threshold for authorisation. AstraZeneca is also conducting a larger study with 30,000 volunteers, although the results from that will come after the smaller trial.

Making a vaccine available before the election could allow US president Donald Trump to claim he has turned the tide on a virus that has killed more than 170,000 Americans following widespread criticism of his handling of the pandemic. In his convention speech on Thursday night, Joe Biden, Mr Trump’s Democratic opponent, said that the US response to the virus was the “worst performance of any nation”.

However, if the Trump administration does rush through emergency authorisation ahead of the election by skirting normal government guidelines, it could dent already shaky public confidence in the safety of vaccines ahead of one of the largest mass-immunisation programmes in US history..."

https://www.ft.com/content/b053f55b-2a8b-436c-8154-0e93dcdb3c1a

"major therapeutic breakthrough"..."not political"...YEAH, RIGHT.

I hope everyone is planning to boycott the stupid RNC.

125PANDUMBIC - Page 5 Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 8/26/2020, 10:31 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/department-justice-requesting-data-governors-states-issued-covid-19-orders-may-have-resulted

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum