Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PANDUMBIC

+5
zsomething
othershoe1030
RealLindaL
Telstar
Floridatexan
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 20]

1PANDUMBIC Empty PANDUMBIC 3/11/2020, 2:28 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/11/2020, 11:23 pm

Telstar

Telstar

He looks like hell. Has he been tested yet? Hoping for a speedy recovery for Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson. Tough luck for the NBA and the NCAA. I'll be having dinner at an old friends house in New Rochelle on Friday, wish me luck.

Last edited by Telstar on 3/12/2020, 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total

3PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/12/2020, 12:57 am

RealLindaL

Couldn't pay me enough money to go to New Rochelle, even if I didn't have to travel by plane.  You'll need more than luck!

And yeah, orangeade face not only looked like hell tonight but sounded like it as well.  This morning he said he was considering getting tested -- but did he? And if he did, will we know the results if positive?

I note he couldn't even read the teleprompter accurately, making it seem that shipments of goods and cargo from Europe will also be banned (which they won't).  But the stupid idiot can't get anything straight even when he's not ill, so who knows?

Last edited by RealLindaL on 3/13/2020, 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected test result question to positive.)

4PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/12/2020, 3:08 am

Telstar

Telstar

I  think we may soon find we all live less than 45 minutes from New Rochelle but we just don't know it yet.

5PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/12/2020, 4:46 pm

RealLindaL

Yeah. Cute.

6PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/12/2020, 9:51 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Don't blame me. Blame your local boy Matt (gas mask) Gaetz. Twisted Evil

7PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/13/2020, 12:50 am

RealLindaL

Who's blaming you??

8PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/13/2020, 1:01 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

It is startling, even after all the drama he's dragged the country through in the last few years, just how the handling of this latest episode of Donald Goes to Washington just sets off his whole gig.

There's the incompetence and stupidity; the arrogant disregard for experts and science, the short term goal of the hour being pursued over anything faintly resembling a long term plan. And then, of course there's the ever so un-cleaver resort to his Barnum and Baily routine: soon it will go away just like a miracle!

Well, the financial markets are not buying it this time. But all the Republicans I live around must be secretly believing Dr. Fauci because ALL the hand sanitizer is sold out in all the stores as is rubbing alcohol and there's also been a run on toilet paper. So, they can tell the tv host that they think it is just another "Democrat" (I really hate it when they use the wrong word there!!) hoax, but we can look at the empty store shelves and see the results of what they really believe. When it comes to protecting their family, they are not so likely to disregard the advice of the CDC or WHO.

Oh, and when the March Madness games were called off and Disney closed their theme parks, they knew something was amiss!

I think a normal accomplished business person like Rex Tillerson, someone like that, could have pulled off the businessman-to-president move, but Donald just, to quote Rex. is a F-ing moron. (and suffering from a personality disorder doesn't help either)

9PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/13/2020, 4:01 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:Who's blaming you??

Nobody, I'm just being "cute." Try to relax and find something to get your mind off things. I'm checking out the new Twilight Zone series from last year, hosted by Jordan Peele. The episodes run good and bad but "The Wunderkind" is a great one. Nothing much supernatural or science fiction about it. Loosely based on the original series episode about the little boy who had the magic power of wishing people he didn't like into the cornfields. This little boy doesn't have magic but does have executive power granted upon him by the idiots who support him. The guy that helps elevate him into his lofty position faces a cruel twist ending fate in the tradition of the original series. Matt Gaetz should take note. It's being streamed on CBS all access but you can probably find the DVD's at the library.

10PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/13/2020, 10:04 am

zsomething

Telstar wrote:

Nobody, I'm just being "cute." Try to relax and find something to get your mind off things. I'm checking out the new Twilight Zone series from last year, hosted by Jordan Peele. The episodes run good and bad but "The Wunderkind" is a great one. Nothing much supernatural or science fiction about it. Loosely based on the original series episode about the little boy who had the magic power of wishing people he didn't like into the cornfields. This little boy doesn't have magic but does have executive power granted upon him by the idiots who support him. The guy that helps elevate him into his lofty position faces a cruel twist ending fate in the tradition of the original series. Matt Gaetz should take note. It's being streamed on CBS all access but you can probably find the DVD's at the library.

So far I've only watched "The Comedian" episode of the new Twilight Zone. It was well-made but the plot was pathetically easy to guess. I knew what the ending of that one was gonna be about ten minutes in. But, it was entertaining enough, anyway -- definitely wasn't so bad that I wouldn't give the other episodes a chance (hell, I better not, since I bought a DVD of the dadgum thing! Smile ). Jordan Peele's good, so I expect it'll pick up in other episodes.

11PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/13/2020, 12:46 pm

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:
Telstar wrote:

So far I've only watched "The Comedian" episode of the new Twilight Zone.  It was well-made but the plot was pathetically easy to guess.   I knew what the ending of that one was gonna be about ten minutes in.  But, it was entertaining enough, anyway -- definitely wasn't so bad that I wouldn't give the other episodes a chance (hell, I better not, since I bought a DVD of the dadgum thing! Smile ).   Jordan Peele's good, so I expect it'll pick up in other episodes.

There's a remake of "Nightmare at 20,000 ft" that's pretty lame. The teddy bear gremlin from the Shatner version only makes a token appearance. "Replay" is a time-reverse episode that addresses racism. "A Traveler" is a semi-remake of "The Gift" from the original series. "Six Degrees of Freedom" is a Mars mission episode. I had trouble staying awake through "The Blue Scorpion" but it may appeal to gun lovers. Other than "The Wunderkind" episode, the ones I would recommend are "Not All Men," it reminded me of "The Monsters Are Due On Maple St." from the original series, but it's much more violent. Ginnifer Goodwin gives what I consider an Emmy worthy performance in "Point of Origin." The last episode is "Blurryman." it ties all the episodes together. A nice way to end season one with elements from the original season one conclusion with Keenan Wynn called "A World Of His Own." When I saw where it was going, I was hoping that at the conclusion of the episode, the Blurryman would turn, look into the camera and say FU to all the complainers about this new series. At least the FU would really tie it into the language of this updated series.

12PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/13/2020, 6:06 pm

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote: Try to relax and find something to get your mind off things.

You sure have turned into an arrogant jerk. Must think you're the king of the forum or something, since you're so often just posting to yourself. WTF happened to you???

13PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/13/2020, 11:13 pm

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote: Try to relax and find something to get your mind off things.

You sure have turned into an arrogant jerk.  Must think you're the king of the forum or something, since you're so often just posting to yourself.  WTF happened to you???

Please excuse me for all my shortcomings, Queen Linda. lol!

14PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/14/2020, 10:38 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

‘It will go away’: A timeline of Trump playing down the coronavirus threat

By
Aaron Blake

March 12, 2020 at 12:03 p.m. CDT

President Trump gambled very early and very often on the idea that the coronavirus wouldn’t turn out to be nearly as severe as some health officials have warned it could get.

The thrust of Trump’s statements about the virus has been almost relentlessly optimistic, which is a marked contrast to those of some health officials who prefer that people be overly prepared rather than underestimate the threat. Trump has frequently suggested that the United States is winning the battle against the virus, and he has regularly promoted the idea that it could suddenly disappear.

“It goes away,” Trump said alongside the leader of Ireland. “It’s going away. We want it to go away with very, very few deaths.”

Despite those comments, today cases are rising quickly, major institutions such as the NBA are shutting down and there are increasing complaints about the availability of testing.

Below is a timeline of Trump’s comments playing down the threat posed by the virus.

Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control.”

Jan. 24: “It will all work out well.”

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump
China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!

4:18 PM - Jan 24, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
32.8K people are talking about this

Jan. 29: “Just received a briefing on the Coronavirus in China from all of our GREAT agencies, who are also working closely with China. We will continue to monitor the ongoing developments. We have the best experts anywhere in the world, and they are on top of it 24/7!”

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five. And those people are all recuperating successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s going to have a very good ending for it. So that I can assure you.”

Feb. 2: “Well, we pretty much shut it down coming in from China. … We can’t have thousands of people coming in who may have this problem, the coronavirus. So we’re gonna see what happens, but we did shut it down, yes.”

Feb. 7: “Nothing is easy, but [Chinese President Xi Jinping] … will be successful, especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker, and then gone.”

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump
· Feb 7, 2020
Just had a long and very good conversation by phone with President Xi of China. He is strong, sharp and powerfully focused on leading the counterattack on the Coronavirus. He feels they are doing very well, even building hospitals in a matter of only days. Nothing is easy, but...

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump
....he will be successful, especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker, and then gone. Great discipline is taking place in China, as President Xi strongly leads what will be a very successful operation. We are working closely with China to help!

5:31 AM - Feb 7, 2020
13.6K people are talking about this

Feb. 10: “I think the virus is going to be — it’s going to be fine.”

Feb. 14: “We have a very small number of people in the country, right now, with it. It’s like around 12. Many of them are getting better. Some are fully recovered already. So we’re in very good shape.”

Feb. 19: “I think it’s going to work out fine. I think when we get into April, in the warmer weather, that has a very negative effect on that and that type of a virus. So let’s see what happens, but I think it’s going to work out fine.”

Feb. 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. … Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

Sign up for our Coronavirus Updates newsletter to track the outbreak. All stories linked within the newsletter are free to access.

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump
The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!

4:42 PM - Feb 24, 2020
56.4K people are talking about this

Feb. 25: “You may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re all getting better. … As far as what we’re doing with the new virus, I think that we’re doing a great job.”

Feb. 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus, including the very early closing of our borders to certain areas of the world.”

Feb. 26: “Because of all we’ve done, the risk to the American people remains very low. … When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero. That’s a pretty good job we’ve done."

Feb. 26:

Q: This is spreading — or is going to spread, maybe, within communities. That’s the expectation.
A: It may. It may.
Q: Does that worry you?
A: No. ... No, because we’re ready for it. It is what it is. We’re ready for it. We’re really prepared. ... We hope it doesn’t spread. There’s a chance that it won’t spread too, and there’s a chance that it will, and then it’s a question of at what level.
Feb. 27: “Only a very small number in U.S., & China numbers look to be going down. All countries working well together!”

Feb. 28: “I think it’s really going well. We did something very fortunate: we closed up to certain areas of the world very, very early — far earlier than we were supposed to. I took a lot of heat for doing it. It turned out to be the right move, and we only have 15 people and they are getting better, and hopefully they’re all better. There’s one who is quite sick, but maybe he’s gonna be fine. … We’re prepared for the worst, but we think we’re going to be very fortunate."

Feb. 28: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

Feb. 29: “We’re the number-one travel destination anywhere in the world, yet we have far fewer cases of the disease than even countries with much less travel or a much smaller population.”

March 4: “Some people will have this at a very light level and won’t even go to a doctor or hospital, and they’ll get better. There are many people like that.”

March 5: “With approximately 100,000 CoronaVirus cases worldwide, and 3,280 deaths, the United States, because of quick action on closing our borders, has, as of now, only 129 cases (40 Americans brought in) and 11 deaths.”

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump
With approximately 100,000 CoronaVirus cases worldwide, and 3,280 deaths, the United States, because of quick action on closing our borders, has, as of now, only 129 cases (40 Americans brought in) and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!

11:34 AM - Mar 5, 2020
53.6K people are talking about this

March 6: “We did an interview on Fox last night, a town hall. I think it was very good. And I said, ‘Calm. You have to be calm. It’ll go away.' ”

March 7: “It came out of China, and we heard about it. And made a good move: We closed it down; we stopped it. Otherwise — the head of CDC said last night that you would have thousands of more problems if we didn’t shut it down very early. That was a very early shutdown, which is something we got right."

March 8: Retweets a story about Surgeon General Jerome Adams playing down the risk of coronavirus for Trump personally.

The Daily Beast
✔
@thedailybeast
Surgeon General Jerome Adams used his comments to downplay the risk of coronavirus to the president https://trib.al/BkZPHz3

Surgeon General to Jake Tapper: Trump Is ‘Healthier’ Than I Am
The surgeon general used his comments to downplay the risk of coronavirus to the president.

thedailybeast.com
12:39 PM - Mar 8, 2020
5,685 people are talking about this

March 9: “The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant. Surgeon General, ‘The risk is low to the average American.’ ”

March 9: “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!”

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump
So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!

9:47 AM - Mar 9, 2020
158K people are talking about this

March 10: “As you know, it’s about 600 cases, it’s about 26 deaths, within our country. And had we not acted quickly, that number would have been substantially more.”

March 10: “And it hit the world. And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”

March 11: “I think we’re going to get through it very well.”

March 12: “It’s going to go away. ... The United States, because of what I did and what the administration did with China, we have 32 deaths at this point … when you look at the kind of numbers that you’re seeing coming out of other countries, it’s pretty amazing when you think of it.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/12/trump-coronavirus-timeline/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most#comments-wrapper

15PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/18/2020, 7:48 am

Telstar

Telstar

TRUMPLAGUE

16PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/19/2020, 8:12 am

Telstar

Telstar

Time to close the beaches.

PANDUMBIC Pensac11

17PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/19/2020, 2:03 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

China's communist regime narrative... sound familiar?

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-03/18/c_138892581.htm

18PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/19/2020, 6:11 pm

Telstar

Telstar

TRUMPLAGUE

19PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/20/2020, 11:16 am

polecat

polecat

"no one saw this coming" says the moron who fired the pandemic response team, went golfing, called it a hoax, went golfing again, said he had a "hunch" it wasn't all that deadly, went golfing again, and bragged that 15 cases would soon be down do zero. but cool story, asshole. - Jeff Tiedrich

PANDUMBIC 90246210

PANDUMBIC Annota10

20PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/26/2020, 2:00 pm

Telstar

Telstar

21PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/28/2020, 10:31 am

Telstar

Telstar

22PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/30/2020, 4:46 pm

Telstar

Telstar

PANDUMBIC Q5usuf10

23PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/30/2020, 6:57 pm

zsomething

The thing that's really pissing me off at the moment is that he's accusing hospital personnel who are working themselves to death and risking their lives with a lack of equipment of being thieves.

"How come they used to need 10,000 masks and now they need 100,000? Are they going out the back door, or what?"

They need more masks BECAUSE NOW THEY'RE FUCKING USING THEM, ya imbecilic motherfuck! They're at war now! They're trying to keep from dying so they can save more lives... because if the people who know what they're doing in curing people die off, we're DONE. Get them the damn equipment they need and don't second-guess them and for DAMN sure don't accuse them of being THIEVES.

Shit. If we ever go to war, is Trump going to whine about "The Army suddenly wants a hundred times more bullets and bombs than they were using last month when we were at peace. How can that be? They're a bunch of thieves, I think!" FUCK, that's just.... AARRRGGGH. I can't stand it.

And then this shit about not supplying states unless their governors flatter him. I realize the man is mentally ill, but in the next few months we could lose more Americans than died in the last several wars all put together, and this fucking fool still can't see that anything is more important than his infantile ego and need for flattery.

How ANYONE still supports this guy or makes excuses for him is mind-boggling. My state's heading toward being one of the next hot-spots for the disease because Tate fucking Reeves is focused more on protecting Trump than he is at facing the pandemic. We have the WORST leadership possible at the worst possible time.

Trump's interrupting press conferences to give his jackass
"My Pillow" buddy free advertising, and already almost as many people who died on 9-11 have drowned in their own snot. And we're not allowed to find that fucking stupid or offensive?

And how are conservatives trying to deal with the problem? Ridiculous primitive magic spells and voodoo witchcraft hollering.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1244344119545208834

Those are grown-up adults talking to other supposed grown-up adults and we're supposed to have any faith in this species? Shit. I wish it could be funny, I really fucking do.

24PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/30/2020, 10:09 pm

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:

Trump's interrupting press conferences to give his jackass
"My Pillow" buddy free advertising, and already almost as many people who died on 9-11 have drowned in their own snot.   And we're not allowed to find that fucking stupid or offensive?

And how are conservatives trying to deal with the problem?  Ridiculous primitive magic spells and voodoo witchcraft hollering.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1244344119545208834

Those are grown-up adults talking to other supposed grown-up adults and we're supposed to have any faith in this species?  Shit.  I wish it could be funny, I really fucking do.

I lost the brother of a good friend today. This jerk knows what he can do with his smelly, shitty pillows.

PANDUMBIC My_pil10

25PANDUMBIC Empty Re: PANDUMBIC 3/31/2020, 1:35 am

RealLindaL

zsomething wrote:And then this shit about not supplying states unless their governors flatter him.  I realize the man is mentally ill, but in the next few months we could lose more Americans than died in the last several wars all put together, and this fucking fool still can't see that anything is more important than his infantile ego and need for flattery.

Too, too spot on true. Words like "horrific" and "appalling" used to mean something. Now there are simply no words.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 20]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum