Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Right on time! Another school shooting...

+5
EmeraldGhost
PkrBum
2seaoat
Telstar
Deus X
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Deus X

Deus X

At least 10 dead in Santa Fe High School; shooter had multiple guns, bombs

At least 10 people died Friday morning in gunfire at Santa Fe High school, law enforcement officials confirmed, while at least a dozen others were injured, according to area hospitals.

Police arrested a student suspect and detained a second person, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said via Twitter.

The dead are expected to include students and staff, according to a senior law enforcement official who was not authorized to speak about the investigation.

The assailant was armed with an AR-15 style rifle, a pistol, a shotgun and pipe bombs, the official said.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Shots-fired-at-Santa-Fe-High-School-12925050.php

Is this a great country or what?

Telstar

Telstar

Just another day in N R America.

2seaoat

Time to pass product liability laws which apply to gun manufacturers, and kick the shills for the NRA out of congress. Also, all guns need to registered, and a $20 per year license fee which goes to victims of gun violence in America. I think that PK said that Seaoat is trying to make it very expensive to own a gun.......yes it is very expensive for BP to pollute our natural resources, and the NRA to introduce for profit an inherently dangerous item which is killing close to 100 Americans a day. Sorry PK when you are BP....not much sympathy for your illogical arguments.

PkrBum

PkrBum

An illogical argument is going all statist nuts crying for govt solutions to a very tiny percentage of a problem while ignoring the vast majority of gun violence that takes place in known places by known demographics already legally prohibited from possessing a gun. Buy a clue... and a night light.

This kid was likely already an issue and probably pharmaceutically deranged.

Telstar

Telstar

Tribute to a Bob.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

So what's proposed from the left? A nationwide ban on .38 special revolvers and hunting shotguns? Rolling Eyes

PkrBum

PkrBum

That part will be skimmed over... or directly lied about. AR15's are scary... but a shotgun is more effective at short range.

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

EmeraldGhost wrote:So what's proposed from the left?   A nationwide ban on .38 special revolvers and hunting shotguns?  Rolling Eyes

The shooter had an AR-15 and several pipe bombs. What is proposed is a ban on weapons of war and a more thorough background check on people who might be a threat because of mental health history. And I propose that gun shows be abolished outright. My daughter bought a gun at a gun show, where she signed in. Not long thereafter, I received a call (for her) from the NRA, which suggests to me that they use records from gun shows to radicalize gun owners. There is no other way they could have obtained her name.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Floridatexan wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:So what's proposed from the left?   A nationwide ban on .38 special revolvers and hunting shotguns?  Rolling Eyes

The shooter had an AR-15 and several pipe bombs.  What is proposed is a ban on weapons of war and a more thorough background check on people who might be a threat because of mental health history.  And I propose that gun shows be abolished outright.  My daughter bought a gun at a gun show, where she signed in.  Not long thereafter, I received a call (for her) from the NRA, which suggests to me that they use records from gun shows to radicalize gun owners.  There is no other way they could have obtained her name.

See? The leftist media are still reporting fakenews. Saying that he had an ar15 ot "assault weapon". What ever the fuck that is outside of the govt or highly exclusive permit. It's all political fodder at this point.

Deus X

Deus X

EmeraldGhost wrote:So what's proposed from the left?   A nationwide ban on .38 special revolvers and hunting shotguns?  

What's the proposed solution from the Right? Oh, yeah, we already know: 100 mass shootings in five months is perfectly acceptable as long as gun manufacturers are protected and the congenitally stupid can buy all the guns they want.

Last edited by Deus X on 5/19/2018, 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Telstar

Telstar

Meanwhile back in NRAmerica

BREAKING: 1 dead, 1 injured in shooting near high school graduation, police say

Updated May 18, 2018
By Zachary Hansen, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter...More
One person has died and another has been shot in a parking lot across the street from Mt. Zion High School, police said. The two people shot were not students.

There was a graduation ceremony happening across the street at the Clayton County Performing Arts Center, Channel 2 Action News said. The shooting happened after the graduation concluded.

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/breaking-multiple-people-shot-mount-zion-high-school-police-say/fKmGV5rP6tZA1QthMTtyCN/

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Deus X wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:So what's proposed from the left?   A nationwide ban on .38 special revolvers and hunting shotguns?  

What's the proposed solution from the Right? Oh, yeah, we already know: 100 mass shootings in five months is perfectly acceptable as long as gun manufacturers are protected and the congenitally stupid can buy all the guns they want.

Is Toyota liable if someone drives their Prius down a sidewalk & kills 50 people?  Or how about a Home Depot rental truck .... is Home Depot liable?   What if I stab my neighbor with a steak knife or go out to my shed and get my machete and hack him up .... are the blade makers liable?

I asked what the left's solution would be ... you really think making gun manufacturers liable for however a gun they manufactured might be used at some point in the future?   If I murder someone with my 1873 Winchester ... is Winchester still liable after 100+ years?   How about with my old Mississippi rifle?  (which I actually don't have anymore, sold it to a friend who is still in the hobby) Who would you sue for that?  (black powder weapons are exempt from most Federal firearms regulations, you know)

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Do not vote for these people. Identify them and spread the word that they're in the NRA's pocket.

Right on time! Another school shooting... MW-FV544_gun_ri_20171003131402_NS

Impeach these bastids:

Right on time! Another school shooting... Gettyimages-578136232-e1525108884204

Prohibit the "National" Rifle Association from accepting foreign donations.

Identify NRA advertising as "hate speech", which it obviously is.

It's helpful to realize that the NRA does not represent the majority of gun owners (including me). Reinforce this message.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Deus X wrote:

Is Toyota liable if someone drives their Prius down a sidewalk & kills 50 people?  Or how about a Home Depot rental truck .... is Home Depot liable?   What if I stab my neighbor with a steak knife or go out to my shed and get my machete and hack him up  .... are the blade makers liable?

I asked what the left's solution would be ... you really think making gun manufacturers liable for however a gun they manufactured might be used at some point in the future?   If I murder someone with my 1873 Winchester ... is Winchester still liable after 100+ years?   How about with my old Mississippi rifle?  (which I actually don't have anymore, sold it to a friend who is still in the hobby)   Who would you sue for that?   (black powder weapons are exempt from most Federal firearms regulations, you know)

Stop being reasonable. It is not the correct agenda.

PkrBum

PkrBum

I would go along with stronger law to ensure that people make their weapons more secure if there are children or anyone that should be prohibited from access. Felons should also have a one strike law. I'd go along with restricting mental cases if the due process is quick and uses outside objectives.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Emerald Ghost wrote:Is Toyota liable if someone drives their Prius down a sidewalk & kills 50 people?  Or how about a Home Depot rental truck .... is Home Depot liable?   What if I stab my neighbor with a steak knife or go out to my shed and get my machete and hack him up .... are the blade makers liable?

I asked what the left's solution would be ... you really think making gun manufacturers liable for however a gun they manufactured might be used at some point in the future?   If I murder someone with my 1873 Winchester ... is Winchester still liable after 100+ years?   How about with my old Mississippi rifle?  (which I actually don't have anymore, sold it to a friend who is still in the hobby) Who would you sue for that?  (black powder weapons are exempt from most Federal firearms regulations, you know)

There's a reason black powder weapons are exempt...they take forever to load. I gave one of these to my husband over 40 years ago...a Hawkins 50-caliber in kit form. We even etched the barrel and stock. It's only been fired a few times. That was when the NRA may have stood for something "rational".

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum

PkrBum

Guns don't do anything by themselves... just like countless other devices.

There are certain inherent risks to freedom. That doesn't have to include vulnerable innocents.

The sooner these events are graphically eliminated the sooner they stop.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Guns don't do anything by themselves... just like countless other devices.

There are certain inherent risks to freedom. That doesn't have to include vulnerable innocents.

The sooner these events are graphically eliminated the sooner they stop.

What the hell are you saying? Do you even know? Read a little history:

Here is how the NRA made sure background checks will never prevent gun violence

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/nra-made-sure-background-checks-will-never-prevent-gun-violence/?comments=disqus

PkrBum

PkrBum

In almost every case there has been incompetence by the bureaucracy. That's not a gun's fault.

http://www.socialmedicine.info/index.php/socialmedicine/article/view/852/1649

Deus X

Deus X

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Is Toyota liable if someone drives their Prius down a sidewalk & kills 50 people?  Or how about a Home Depot rental truck .... is Home Depot liable?   What if I stab my neighbor with a steak knife or go out to my shed and get my machete and hack him up  .... are the blade makers liable?

I asked what the left's solution would be ... you really think making gun manufacturers liable for however a gun they manufactured might be used at some point in the future?   If I murder someone with my 1873 Winchester ... is Winchester still liable after 100+ years?   How about with my old Mississippi rifle?  (which I actually don't have anymore, sold it to a friend who is still in the hobby)   Who would you sue for that?   (black powder weapons are exempt from most Federal firearms regulations, you know)

I don't recall auto manufacturers lobbying Congress to get a law like the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act passed to protect them from liability suits. As a matter of fact, a bunch of laws were passed forcing auto manufacturers to make safer cars.

We, unlike every other developed nation, have a serious problem with mass shootings in this country and you gun nuts retreat into your caves babbling hypothetical crap like your response above. You're all shitty, selfish citizens who put your dumb-ass, childish "hobby" above the safety of others.

"Ooh, ooh, Billy, let's go play guns!" Grow the fuck up.

Last edited by Deus X on 5/19/2018, 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Deus X

Deus X

It’s the Guns

The outrage after Parkland set off a moral reckoning and awakening—there’s a simple explanation for school shootings.

Americans of high-school age are 82 times more likely to die from a gun homicide than 15- to 19-year-olds in the rest of the developed world.

This stark discrepancy is often treated as a baffling fact, requiring some counterintuitive explanation. After today’s massacre in Texas, the state’s lieutenant governor, Dan Patrick, suggested that the problem may be that high schools have too many doors. “Had there been one single entrance possibly for every student, maybe [the shooter] would have been stopped.”

At other moments, we’re told that the problem is that we need to do a better job guessing which troubled teens may prove murderous at some point in the future, or dealing with the excesses of masculinity, or possibly the crisis of meaning and identity in the secularizing modern world. As always, though, there is a simpler and more powerful explanation of why there has been no similar school shooting in Germany since 2009; or in Canada since 2016; none in the United Kingdom since 1996—while conversely, more young Americans have died in school shootings in 2018 than in all the nation’s combat operations all over the world.

The answer is almost insultingly simple and has the virtue only of being true: It’s the guns.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/05/its-the-guns/560771/

Eighty-two times more likely! This is an American disgrace.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Deus X wrote:

I don't recall auto manufacturers lobbying Congress to get a law like the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act passed to protect them from liability suits. ....

I don't recall a series of politically motivated harassment lawsuits against auto companies by leftists who, failing to be able to legislatively ban cars, decided to try & take down the auto industry via the courts.  If they were doing that to the auto industry, Congress might well pass a law.

The passage of mandatory background checks pretty much legally insulates most dealers from being sued for selling to an unauthorized person anyway.

Still waiting to hear what the left proposes to stop school shootings. I've not heard even one realistic proposal yet that would accomplish anything of consequence. (by "realistic" .... I mean something that has an actual chance of passage and implementation by the government)

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Deus X wrote:

I don't recall auto manufacturers lobbying Congress to get a law like the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act passed to protect them from liability suits. ....

I don't recall a series of politically motivated harassment lawsuits against auto companies by leftists who, failing to be able to legislatively ban cars, decided to try & take down the auto industry via the courts.  If they were doing that to the auto industry, Congress might well pass a law.

The passage of mandatory background checks pretty much legally insulates most dealers from being sued for selling to an unauthorized person anyway.

Still waiting to hear what the left proposes to stop school shootings.  I've not heard even one realistic proposal yet that would accomplish anything of consequence.  (by "realistic" .... I mean something that has an actual chance of passage and implementation by the government)

Guns are not cars; that's a stupid analogy. Guns are also not dead children. Put a sock in it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum