Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another School Shooting

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Another School Shooting Empty Another School Shooting 1/10/2013, 3:31 pm

Taft High School in Taft California. 2 injured, one refused treatment the other airlifted and suspect taken into custody. Suspect apparently used a shotgun.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/10/taft-high-school-shooting_n_2449261.html

2Another School Shooting Empty Re: Another School Shooting 1/10/2013, 4:17 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Glad it wasn't a massacre. Taft is in southwestern Kern County, where myself and poster Riceme grew up. I grew up in Bakersfield, about 30 miles northeast of Taft, and the County Seat for Kern County. My high school (West High) played Taft in football and always beat the heck out of them.

Taft is near McKittrick, which has one of the most prolific oil fields in the nation (the Midway-Sunset Field, among some others). Kern County produces more oil than any county in the nation, and if it were a State, it would be the 4th-highest producing oil-state in America.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

3Another School Shooting Empty Re: Another School Shooting 1/10/2013, 5:46 pm

NaNook

NaNook

A shotgun? Was it a semi-auto, pump, DB, or single shot? Maybe a Drilling?

The news is creating copycats along with all of the vocal anti-gun people.

The media attention provides the blood on the hands for some of you people. Enjoy.......

4Another School Shooting Empty Re: Another School Shooting 1/10/2013, 6:42 pm

2seaoat

The media attention provides the blood on the hands for some of you people. Enjoy....

That may be true....or your thoughts may be wrong....maybe gun safety issues do need to be discussed. I am happy that this was not an assault weapon where he crossed over and began killing randomly, and I am especially thankful for the courage of the staff in bringing this to a resolution without more loss of life. We need to have mature conversations on how we handle gun safety. Overreaction can create more of a problem, but sensible people who care about gun safety can make some common sense changes which can reduce violence with guns. A response time of 60 seconds did not save the severely injured student, and an unarmed teacher brought this incident to a resolution.....so I am not against having a locked gun locker in the school with trained people, but damn 60 second response times are hard to beat, and a calm and professional staff saved the day.

5Another School Shooting Empty Re: Another School Shooting 1/10/2013, 8:58 pm

no stress

no stress

60 second response time? I'll believe that when I see the incident print out sheet from dispatch. Usually the call taker takes longer than that gathering information for the CAD.

6Another School Shooting Empty Re: Another School Shooting 1/10/2013, 9:28 pm

2seaoat wrote:The media attention provides the blood on the hands for some of you people. Enjoy....

That may be true....or your thoughts may be wrong....maybe gun safety issues do need to be discussed. I am happy that this was not an assault weapon where he crossed over and began killing randomly, and I am especially thankful for the courage of the staff in bringing this to a resolution without more loss of life. We need to have mature conversations on how we handle gun safety. Overreaction can create more of a problem, but sensible people who care about gun safety can make some common sense changes which can reduce violence with guns. A response time of 60 seconds did not save the severely injured student, and an unarmed teacher brought this incident to a resolution.....so I am not against having a locked gun locker in the school with trained people, but damn 60 second response times are hard to beat, and a calm and professional staff saved the day.

So how would a LOCKED GUN in a LOCKER have prevented this situation today? Hmmmm? It wouldn't have at all. If you want guns in school, they will only be effective as a deterrent when they are in a holster attached to someone's body and ready for use.

Had the kid bought a KSG (Keltec shotgun), it would have been worse than Newtown.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum