Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We tried a new pizza place in Navarre

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

If you take 87 north to where the they are building the new four lane, there is a restaurant on the east side of the road.  We stopped there and had ribs which were pretty good and saw people coming in and getting pizza.  They seemed to love it, so we ordered pick up as I have not left the house since yesterday about noon.  It was not good.  Not even close to good.  I am amazed what people consider as good pizza in the Panhandle.  It is a Pizza wasteland, with the exception of NY in Pensacola.  I would give up pizza if I had to eat this chit.  It is called ye old brewery and it should stick to other offerings.

RealLindaL

Thanks for the warning.

zsomething

I don't eat take-out pizza as often since I found out how easy it is to make it at home. I kinda got addicted to this super-easy pizza dough recipe.

All you need is:

1 cup Greek yogurt (gotta be the Greek kind, and unflavored unless you want to get weird)
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour (has to be self-rising, or you can doctor all-purpose flour with around 2 teaspoons baking soda and a pinch of salt)

Mix that together and knead it around 5 or 10 minutes, then roll it out. If it's too sticky, add a little more flour.

Brush it with olive oil, add toppings (I use the pizza sauce in a jar but you can get fancier), put it in a preheated 450 degree oven for 12 minutes, and... that's it. I've made this probably a hundred times and it's turned out great every time. Give it a try.

2seaoat

The best pizza has cheese blends, unique seasoned sausage, special crusts, and sauce which ties everything together. I have a friend who is an executive with home run pizza, and he insists to bring his frozen pizza to our poker games which I just cannot stand. There was a pizza place in Mausten Wisconsin which was so popular, that they began selling a frozen version of their pizza. It was incredible, but we have two places who make pretty good pizza and rarely do we have a frozen pizza.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum