Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It is alleged that Jeff Sessions was asked by President Trump to leave as he wanted to talk with Comey in Private

+3
PkrBum
del.capslock
2seaoat
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

In my mind, this is critical. Chief of Staff and the AG are asked to leave so the President can have a private conversation. The Press needs to corner Sessions. My biggest problem is that if Session recused himself, he should not have been talking with Trump about the investigation. So what did Sessions do immediately after this private meeting? Did Sessions know before the President asked for this private meeting and did he ask Comey as head of Justice what they discussed.

Comey will be attacked on these memos because he did not disclose what in my mind was a CLEAR attempt to obstruct Justice. I have heard it argued that he wanted the Russian investigation to be finished in a non political manner, and that there would have been a chit storm in February if he resigned and accused the President of obstruction of Justice. We will see.

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote: My biggest problem is that if Session recused himself, he should not have been talking with Trump about the investigation.

The meeting with Sessions and other high Administration officials, including Pence WAS NOT ABOUT THE RUSSIA INVESTIGATION, therefore Sessions did nothing improper.

"Mr. Comey had been in the Oval Office that day with other senior national security officials for a terrorism threat briefing. When the meeting ended, Mr. Trump told those present — including Mr. Pence and Attorney General Jeff Sessions — to leave the room except for Mr. Comey."
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html?_r=0

Put in some effort before you post bullshit. You're sitting at a computer hooked to the internet, ferchrissakes!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

PkrBum

PkrBum

Gosh... it's a real whodunit. Any word on the white house silverware?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Gosh... it's a real whodunit. Any word on the white house silverware?

Any word on the whereabouts of your last brain cell?

2seaoat

therefore Sessions did nothing improper.

I can only smile. Concepts take higher level thought. You missed the issue, but it is good to know that Sessions did nothing improper. The content of the prior meeting is irrelevant.

Vikingwoman

Heh heh heh

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Oh, please...alleged...all defendants know the meaning of that word, as do their lawyers. Who said that Sessions was absent from those meetings...and please acknowledge that, at the very least, Sessions was a card-carrying member of the Trump election apparatus...I am so tired of these LAME EXCUSES.

2seaoat

I will type this slowly as it appears just about everybody missed the point of this thread. Comey as the head of the FBI reports to Jeff Sessions the Attorney General. Regardless of whatever meeting that Comey and Sessions were at, the President asked that everybody leave so he could speak with Sessions subordinate. They leave. The question in this thread is did Sessions contact Comey, and ask the director what did he want? I doubt it because it is a tell that President Trump did not invite the head of the Justice Department who ultimately has the discretion to prosecute. President Trump did not ask the man who makes the decision. He asks the FBI director, which intuitively if Comey is correct that the President was asking him to back off, this same conversation had to happen between Sessions and the President. If you remember how mad Trump was that the AG recused himself. If this was a straight the general is a nice guy, why was the AG not invited in with Comey. The obvious answer is Sessions has been an active part of this alleged Russian connection from the get go and he passed the Trump loyalty test. This has to go deeper. I think Sessions is up to his neck in this.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I will type this slowly as it appears just about everybody missed the point of this thread.  Comey as the head of the FBI reports to Jeff Sessions the Attorney General.  Regardless of whatever meeting that Comey and Sessions were at, the President asked that everybody leave so he could speak with Sessions subordinate.  They leave.  The question in this thread is did Sessions contact Comey, and ask the director what did he want?  I doubt it because it is a tell that President Trump did not invite the head of the Justice Department who ultimately has the discretion to prosecute.  President Trump did not ask the man who makes the decision.  He asks the FBI director, which intuitively if Comey is correct that the President was asking him to back off, this same conversation had to happen between Sessions and the President.  If you remember how mad Trump was that the AG recused himself.   If this was a straight the general is a nice guy, why was the AG not invited in with Comey.  The obvious answer is Sessions has been an active part of this alleged Russian connection from the get go and he passed the Trump loyalty test.  This has to go deeper.  I think Sessions is up to his neck in this.

Of course he is, as are all of them. Sessions has already violated his oath of recusal by participating in the Comey firing. Trump's loyal minions should all know by now that they're subject to being thrown under the bus at any moment. That should keep them in line, right?

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:  The question in this thread is did Sessions contact Comey, and ask the director what did he want?  

If that is the question in the thread, why is the title of the thread:

"It is alleged that Jeff Sessions was asked by President Trump to leave as he wanted to talk with Comey in Private"

People missed the point because your writing is so confusing. You start out with:

"Chief of Staff and the AG are asked to leave so the President can have a private conversation."

Then you skip to demanding that the press corner Sessions. Then something about YOU--it's always all about you, isn't it?--having a problem with Sessions recusing himself but talking to Trump. Then you skip to what Sessions did AFTER the meeting--rank speculation, by the way. And after that you pose a ridiculous question that has nothing to do with the title of the thread:

"Did Sessions know before the President asked for this private meeting and did he ask Comey as head of Justice what they discussed."

If people missed the point, it's because you didn't make it very well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:In my mind, this is critical.  Chief of Staff and the AG are asked to leave so the President can have a private conversation.  The Press needs to corner Sessions.  My biggest problem is that if Session recused himself, he should not have been talking with Trump about the investigation.  So what did Sessions do immediately after this private meeting?  Did Sessions know before the President asked for this private meeting and did he ask Comey as head of Justice what they discussed.

Comey will be attacked on these memos because he did not disclose what in my mind was a CLEAR attempt to obstruct Justice.  I have heard it argued that he wanted the Russian investigation to be finished in a non political manner, and that there would have been a chit storm in February if he resigned and accused the President of obstruction of Justice.  We will see.

Of course, Sessions knew what they were going to talk about. Do you think Sessions is the AG because he was the most qualified? He is the AG because he is loyal to Trump and was picked by Trump in case all of this ever came out. Don't you think Trump asked Sessions for his loyalty before he gave him the job? It is Comey's word against Trump except Comey was smart enough to document,document, document.

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Gosh... it's a real whodunit. Any word on the white house silverware?

Any word on the whereabouts of your last brain cell?

lol! lol! lol!

Your mango Mussolini will be wearing a matching jumpsuit this time next year.

PkrBum

PkrBum

I'm still willing to bet... socks and bofer excluded of course.

Sal

Sal

This thread pretends that Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III is an unknown quantity.

He is not.

The answers to your questions are obvious.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum