Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It appears that President Trump met with Sessions and Rosenstein and asked for a memo

+3
del.capslock
Floridatexan
2seaoat
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

The President is being reported as "white hot" about the Russian investigation and the "slightly nauseous" comment as the dumbest press spokesperson in America history tried to sell the idea that the memo was the basis of removing the FBI director who was heading the Russian Investigation. This is as bad as it gets. Russians in the White House and no US press, and no tax returns to examine his financial connections, and this person sends out Dumbo to argue it was the handling of the Clinton emails. You cannot make this nightmare up.

2seaoat

It is being reported that the FBI director thought that after President Trump argued that President Obama had wire tapped him, that the director had questioned his sanity. I think that should be the central focus. President Trump is not concerned with the law, the constitution, or any conflict of interest. I thought most of this Russian thing was hyperbole, but President Trump's clumsy attempt to remove the director and forestall investigations tells me he was an active participant, and that impeachment may be the least of his problems as these investigations move forward.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:It is being reported that the FBI director thought that after President Trump argued that President Obama had wire tapped him, that the director had questioned his sanity.   I think that should be the central focus.  President Trump is not concerned with the law, the constitution, or any conflict of interest.  I thought most of this Russian thing was hyperbole, but President Trump's clumsy attempt to remove the director and forestall investigations tells me he was an active participant, and that impeachment may be the least of his problems as these investigations move forward.

You can include Sessions in that...his supposed recusal was meaningless.

2seaoat

I will be watching the live hearing involving the acting FBI director. I think we will get a better feeling if the Russian investigation is going to be independent and moving forward. President Trump and all people involved in this stonewalling have to be held responsible. The first article in the articles of impeachment for Richard Nixon dealt with his knowing interference and obstruction of the investigation. President Trump is actively interfering with the investigation and sends stupid spokespersons out to try to cover the actual facts.

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:I will be watching the live hearing involving the acting FBI director.

Thanks for keeping us all up-to-date on your TV schedule. We've been breathless with anticipation.

Will you now start keeping us posted on the state of your bowels, like every other crazy grandpa?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:It is being reported that the FBI director thought that after President Trump argued that President Obama had wire tapped him, that the director had questioned his sanity.   I think that should be the central focus.  President Trump is not concerned with the law, the constitution, or any conflict of interest.  I thought most of this Russian thing was hyperbole, but President Trump's clumsy attempt to remove the director and forestall investigations tells me he was an active participant, and that impeachment may be the least of his problems as these investigations move forward.

You can include Sessions in that...his supposed recusal was meaningless.  

Sessions had to be involved with the dismissal.

His absence would have been tacit admission that Comey's removal was directly connected to the Russian investigation.

del.capslock

del.capslock

Sal wrote:
His absence would have been tacit admission that Comey's removal was directly connected to the Russian investigation.

Good point!

Vikingwoman

You thought this was hyperbole? I can't believe you didn't figure this out from the beginning. You do see what's happening here,don't you? Flynn's fixing to sing on Trump to save himself and Trump's trying to stop it. Did you really think Flynn promised lifting the sanctions w/o Trump telling him too? How would have Flynn done it w/o Trump agreeing? Comey was fired because he would not swear his loyalty to Trump. Trump thought since he kept him in the job that's what he would do. As I have said from the beginning Trump was complicit in the Russian hackings and all the dominoes are falling now.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Hillary would've fired him too... and you'd all have loved it... dutifully.

del.capslock

del.capslock

Vikingwoman wrote:

Flynn's fixing to sing on Trump to save himself and Trump's trying to stop it. Did you really think Flynn promised lifting the sanctions w/o Trump telling him too? How would have Flynn done it w/o Trump agreeing? Comey was fired because he would not swear his loyalty to Trump. Trump thought since he kept him in the job that's what he would do. As I have said from the beginning Trump was complicit in the Russian hackings and all the dominoes are falling now.

I think you've nailed it here.

This administration isn't even four months old and it's already coming apart at the seams. It's like watching Watergate at hyperspeed.

zsomething

Yep. Trump is loonietoons. A lot of the country is still in denial about it, because it seems so absurd, but the guy is completely nucking futz.

He's gotten away with it for years because it didn't matter that much then. If his mania caused a disaster, then he'd just go bankrupt again, and it wouldn't matter much to anybody but him. But now this squirrelbait has been given the whole country to play with, and his lunacy is starting to matter.

Trump is a perfect storm of foul-up. He got malignant narcissistic personality disorder like few have ever seen, there's likely some sociopathia in there, too, and he was raised by an authoritarian father who was so hard on his kids that Trump's brother, Fred Jr., drank himself to death around age 40. Why did Trump's dad browbeat Fred Jr. so hard? Because he wanted to be a commercial airline pilot, instead of the "killer" his dad demanded. So, his dad encouraged his brothers to scorn him and ask, "What's the difference between what you do and being a bus driver?"

You take somebody who's already crazy, get them raised by a complete jerk, and then put them in a position where nobody in his orbit ever dares say "no" to him (Trump has no real friends, just employees and sycophants) and you end up with a monster. He lies all the time because he's always gotten away with it his whole life. Nobody's ever questioned it before. All he ever hears is praise. The few times he hasn't, he's made the person into an enemy for life. That's why he still attacks Rosie O'Donal all the time -- he can't let an insult go.

Now that he's actually answerable to people and isn't getting the blanket approval he craves, he's losing control, and his insanity's becoming more evident. He's surprised that he's not just getting away with things the way he used to. There's also the possibility that senile dementia is creeping in, which would only make a bad situation worse.

When it comes time to impeach him, they'll have their pick of reasons. Financial corruption, collusion with enemy governments, or just because he's mentally unstable and unfit to lead. And Republicans, eager to get this mess off their plate and look like they have some integrity, will probably join in the impeachment process. Then they can get Pence... who's a mess of a whole different kind (theocratic), but who'll at least seem sane and reasonable by comparison. They'll try to use him as a re-set button.

Really, I think they're just letting Trump run out his leash and wear the country out more, so when Crazy Donnie's ratings get low enough, the populace will accept Pastor Pence as a more refreshing alternative. They're letting Trump's voters watch the circus act so they can feel they got their money's worth out of it, and then they'll spring the trap door, cancel The Donald Trump Comedy Hour, and start praising themselves for being "the party with enough integrity to take out one of their own when he proves incompetent." There's a lot of marketing in politics. They'll want to brand themselves as Real Serious Grown-Ups so it'll seem okay when Pence starts legislating based on Deuteronomy or whatever.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Hillary would've fired him too... and you'd all have loved it... dutifully.

There are reports that Clinton was itching to fire his ass, but after consultation with her advisors decided that it would be too politically explosive and because ...

... well, because she's not a brazenly stupid child.

del.capslock

del.capslock

zsomething wrote:  They'll want to brand themselves as Real Serious Grown-Ups so it'll seem okay when Pence starts legislating based on Deuteronomy or whatever.

I think you mean Leviticus. That's the one with all the burnt offerings and the unclean women.

The ironic thing is that the Dems, if they're smart--not a sure thing--should want Trump to stay in office for his full term because it's such a clusterfuck. If the impeachment noise goes too far, they may have to be the ones who put on the brakes. (Metaphors by Mixmaster, Cliches by DeCarload, sorry)

PkrBum

PkrBum

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Hillary would've fired him too... and you'd all have loved it... dutifully.

There are reports that Clinton was itching to fire his ass, but after consultation with her advisors decided that it would be too politically explosive and because ...

... well, because she's not a brazenly stupid child.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum