Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No visitor logs for us! ...or tax returns, of course

+6
PkrBum
Joanimaroni
del.capslock
2seaoat
Telstar
othershoe1030
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote: Gawd... lol.

Wow, what a brilliant, intelligent and cogent contribution to the conversation! GAWD, wish I'd thought of that!!!

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Please cite one or two examples of when and how Obama's policy harmed anyone or anything.

China and Russian knew every person who was visiting the White House.  How that information was used to help their strategic position with the United States is not in my scope of knowledge.  However, I can say with certainty if they did not have that information for a year, that immediate policy would not necessarily be delivered to them with a ribbon on top, and they would have to use traditional intelligence gathering tools..

In other words, you can't name a single example of how this policy likely helped the enemy, but you can speculate from now until the cows come home -- as anyone can about just about any single presidential policy.  As for Russia or China or anyone else's being forced to use "traditional intelligence gathering tools" to determine who's visiting the White House -- really?  And you think they aren't using those tools anyway?  I think you're probably the naive one here.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Please cite one or two examples of when and how Obama's policy harmed anyone or anything.

Providing real time intelligence to our global enemies with the belief that this transparency is good for democracy......please beam me up scotty.

Providing a real time list of people who have walked through the doors of the White House in plain view -- unless there are some tunnels we don't know about -- is HARDLY any secret "intelligence."  Give me a friggin' break and beam me up, too.

You may be sick of MSNBC's concentration on the Russia connection, but personally I'm far more inclined to opine it's the American PEOPLE that Trump wants to hide his visitor list from, NOT China, Russia, et al.

Again, maybe time will tell who was the naive party here.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

del.capslock wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Hello. This is the fist time I've seen your posts. Welcome to the forum. Just ignore rude-ness and carry on!

Oh, please, othershoe. Not one conservative on this forum can write a complete damn sentence. It's always a bunch of gibberish sprinkled with elipses.

It's disrespectful and insulting to the reader to do that and should be called out at every opportunity. Did you read all his posts? He comes on a forum and then doesn't have enough respect for the other participants to take the time to gather his thoughts and write coherent commentary. He's the rude one, I was just responding in kind.

No, I did not read this person's posts. If there is a point to be made it can be made without name calling. That's all I'm saying.

If people have strayed onto this forum for some reason and are thinking about joining in, seeing a new poster (if this person is really a new poster and not a sock) insulted and called names is not exactly encouraging. I will read his other posts just for fun.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:
del.capslock wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Hello. This is the fist time I've seen your posts. Welcome to the forum. Just ignore rude-ness and carry on!

Oh, please, othershoe. Not one conservative on this forum can write a complete damn sentence. It's always a bunch of gibberish sprinkled with elipses.

It's disrespectful and insulting to the reader to do that and should be called out at every opportunity. Did you read all his posts? He comes on a forum and then doesn't have enough respect for the other participants to take the time to gather his thoughts and write coherent commentary. He's the rude one, I was just responding in kind.

No, I did not read this person's posts. If there is a point to be made it can be made without name calling. That's all I'm saying.

If people have strayed onto this forum for some reason and are thinking about joining in, seeing a new poster (if this person is really a new poster and not a sock) insulted and called names is not exactly encouraging. I will read his other posts just for fun.

Don't get your hopes up!

PkrBum

PkrBum

The deception is cowardice. It's either a sock or someone that knows the whole history... someone we would know... that there is context to their opinions. I don't really get the purpose... beyond trolling.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Meanwhile I caught what was almost an aside comment on one of the morning political shows (Sunday). It seems, that for some reason the financial disclosure forms for WH employees are also included in the posting of visitor logs?! That may well be the real reason or another reason for pulling the list from the Internet.

This tidbit was mentioned in the last two paragraphs of this NYT's article.

The White House also said Friday that it was ending the contract for open.whitehouse.gov, the government disclosure site that contains the visitor log data as well as financial disclosure and salary information for White House employees.

The information is available elsewhere, the White House said, calling the site a waste of taxpayer money. Ending it would save $70,000 by 2020, it said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/14/us/politics/visitor-log-white-house-trump.html?_r=0

del.capslock

del.capslock

othershoe1030 wrote:  

Somehow a post made by pkrbum in post #16 in this thread is attributed to me, othershoe.

I did not say
Blocking traffic (disruption) causes others harm. If your message can't be made peaceably... stuff.

Something's screwed up with the attributions in this thread. I don't know why PkrBitch's comments are attributed to othershoe. There's a couple other comments higher up that are little weird.

On another note, the Trump administration doesn't want the visitor logs released because they include not just a list of all the visitors but also staffers financial and salary info.

This is from an article in The Hill:

"The White House also announced it’s terminating Open.Gov, which the Obama White House used to post visitor logs, staff salary information and financial disclosures. Officials argued the site is duplicative and closing it could save $700,000 over the next three years."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/328857-trump-administration-wont-release-white-house-visitor-logs

Apparently the administration is sensitive to the fact that the Executive branch has been handed over to the richest, greediest and most rapacious--as well as the tiniest--segment of our society, the 0.1%

I wonder why.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

2seaoat

The White House to Treasury Building tunnel is a 761-foot (232 m) subterranean structure in ... It was originally constructed in 1941.

However, I am naive to think the President may want to speak to people in private without announcing every meeting. This is simple common sense. If transparency is so good, build your bathroom with all glass windows. Some things need to be done in private. The logs will be disclosed, but just not in real time.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:The White House to Treasury Building tunnel is a 761-foot (232 m) subterranean structure in ... It was originally constructed in 1941.

However, I am naive to think the President may want to speak to people in private without announcing every meeting.  This is simple common sense.  If transparency is so good, build your bathroom with all glass windows.  Some things need to be done in private.  The logs will be disclosed, but just not in real time.

Or the president may have gay prostitutes/ fake reporters over for frequent sleepovers like W did. No need for we the people to know about when the 1% in our White House decides to trickle down on U.S. during one of their private golden showers.

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar wrote:
2seaoat wrote:The White House to Treasury Building tunnel is a 761-foot (232 m) subterranean structure in ... It was originally constructed in 1941.

However, I am naive to think the President may want to speak to people in private without announcing every meeting.  This is simple common sense.  If transparency is so good, build your bathroom with all glass windows.  Some things need to be done in private.  The logs will be disclosed, but just not in real time.

Or the president may have Jeff Gannon like gay prostitutes/ fake reporters over for frequent sleepovers like W did. No need for we the people to know about when the 1% in our White House decides to trickle down on U.S. during one of their private golden showers.

Donald Trump Wants An Army Of Jeff Gannon Shills In The White House Press Briefing Room

The Trump administration’s reported proposal to move the White House press briefing to a large room that can accommodate pro-Trump sycophants and propagandists is brazen and destructive. But it’s also not entirely new -- the Bush administration adopted a similar strategy in 2004, granting press briefing access to a shill working for a right-wing outlet who they could rely on for softball questions.

That shill’s name was Jeff Gannon. Actually, that shill’s name was James Guckert. But that’s getting ahead of ourselves.

Gannon parlayed a two-day, $50 broadcast journalism workshop at the right-wing Leadership Institute into a job reporting from the White House briefing room for Talon News. Talon News was a shell organization run by a GOP political operative that used articles written by right-wing activists to drive traffic to another conservative website run by the operative.

Thanks to the access the White House press office provided, Gannon had a platform to draw plaudits from Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh, get his work published by the American Enterprise Institute, and even attend White House Christmas parties.

The White House got something in return: Gannon became the lifeline for Bush’s press secretary at the time, Scott McClellan.

Here’s how it would work: Other journalists would be grilling McClellan over the Bush administration’s activities. McClellan would call on Gannon for a question. And Gannon would bail McClellan out, frequently with a leading question ladened with false assumptions.

In August 2004, for example, after taking several questions from a reporter about whether American forces had killed any innocent people in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and another seeking President Bush’s opinion of the disgraced Ahmad Chalabi, McClellen turned to Gannon. And Gannon came through: He asked McClellan about a new “piece of evidence showing the direct terror ties between Iraq and Al Qaeda” and followed up by asking “how damaging” a New York Times story had been “to our war on terror.”

In June 2004, McClellan escaped from a series of tough questions about Bush’s foreign policy record by calling on Gannon, who offered up the following question: “Why hasn't the administration made more of the U.N. inspectors' report that says Saddam Hussein was dismantling his missile and WMD [weapons of mass destruction] sites before and during the war? And doesn't that, combined with the now-proven Al Qaeda link between Iraq -- between Saddam Hussein and the terrorist organization -- unequivocally make the case for going to war in Iraq?”

The list goes on and on.

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/01/18/donald-trump-wants-army-jeff-gannon-shills-white-house-press-briefing-room/215043

Last edited by Telstar on 4/16/2017, 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

del.capslock

del.capslock

Telstar wrote:Or the president may have gay prostitutes/ fake reporters over for frequent sleepovers like W did. No need for we the people to know about when the 1% in our White House decides to trickle down on U.S. during one of their private golden showers.

I'm very disappointed in you, Telstar.

You make it sound like gay prostitutes and golden showers are a bad thing.  

Telstar

Telstar

del.capslock wrote:
Telstar wrote:Or the president may have gay prostitutes/ fake reporters over for frequent sleepovers like W did. No need for we the people to know about when the 1% in our White House decides to trickle down on U.S. during one of their private golden showers.

I'm very disappointed in you, Telstar.

You make it sound like gay prostitutes and golden showers are a bad thing.  

Not a bad thing but history seems to point out it's a republican thang'.

del.capslock

del.capslock

Telstar wrote:

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/01/18/donald-trump-wants-army-jeff-gannon-shills-white-house-press-briefing-room/215043

Nice catch, Telstar

Telstar

Telstar

del.capslock wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Nice catch, Telstar

Pleeease, I'm used to ducking soft balls unlike republicans who enjoy catching them with their mouths.

del.capslock

del.capslock

Telstar wrote:

Pleeease, I'm used to ducking soft balls unlike republicans who enjoy catching them with their mouths.

Now that was just RUDE! Gonna be hard to get that image out of my head.

Many much out loud laughings

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

del.capslock wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:  

Somehow a post made by pkrbum in post #16 in this thread is attributed to me, othershoe.

I did not say
Blocking traffic (disruption) causes others harm. If your message can't be made peaceably... stuff.

Something's screwed up with the attributions in this thread. I don't know why PkrBitch's comments are attributed to othershoe. There's a couple other comments higher up that are little weird.

On another note, the Trump administration doesn't want the visitor logs released because they include not just a list of all the visitors but also staffers financial and salary info.

This is from an article in The Hill:

"The White House also announced it’s terminating Open.Gov, which the Obama White House used to post visitor logs, staff salary information and financial disclosures. Officials argued the site is duplicative and closing it could save $700,000 over the next three years."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/328857-trump-administration-wont-release-white-house-visitor-logs

Apparently the administration is sensitive to the fact that the Executive branch has been handed over to the richest, greediest and most rapacious--as well as the tiniest--segment of our society, the 0.1%

I wonder why.

Somehow between the NYT's and the Hill a digit was dropped or added depending on how you look at it. So either closing the website that discloses the visitors list and the staffer's financial data will save either 70K or 700K. Who knows?

The information is available elsewhere, the White House said, calling the site a waste of taxpayer money. Ending it would save $70,000 by 2020, it said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/14/us/politics/visitor-log-white-house-trump.html?_r=0

RealLindaL

$70K or $700K over three years, whatever; it's hard to take seriously the White House's claim to care about cost savings of this magnitude, when the Trumpster is going stark raving nuts with his continuing millions in travel expenditures between DC and Palm Beach.

No, what they care about is hiding things from you and me.

2seaoat

Spice is holding a press conference now, and he has made it clear the White House will be in full compliance with the records act. I agree. This transparency argument is incredibly stupid.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:$70K or $700K over three years, whatever; it's hard to take seriously the White House's claim to care about cost savings of this magnitude, when the Trumpster is going stark raving nuts with his continuing millions in travel expenditures between DC and Palm Beach.

No, what they care about is hiding things from you and me.

So I guess if the Russian puppet wants to invite mafia kingpin Joey No Socks or a right wing male prostitute reporter over to our house for sleep overs there is no need for we the people to know about it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum