Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Five Best American Movies... ever

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Sal

Sal
Pulp Fiction is the only movie I ever saw in the theater where the audience gave a standing ovation at the end.

Kinda stupid to stand and applaud a movie screen IMO, but something of a remarkable scene nonetheless.

Telstar

Telstar
Sal wrote:Pulp Fiction is the only movie I ever saw in the theater where the audience gave a standing ovation at the end.

Kinda stupid to stand and applaud a movie screen IMO, but something of a remarkable scene nonetheless.




I still favor Gump a little over Fiction but I've seen Ed Wood more often than both of them.

del.capslock

del.capslock
Sal wrote:Scorsese deserves to be in the conversation.

Taxi Driver and Raging Bull are two of my favorites.

Yeah, in the top ten for sure.  Damn! Scorsese makes good movies.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

del.capslock

del.capslock
Telstar wrote:I still favor Gump a little over Fiction...

Oh, please! Gump? Over Pulp Fiction?

Gump over Valley of the Dolls or Howard the Duck, maybe.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

Telstar

Telstar
del.capslock wrote:
Telstar wrote:I still favor Gump a little over Fiction...

Oh, please! Gump? Over Pulp Fiction?

Gump over Valley of the Dolls or Howard the Duck, maybe.




Nope, Gump over Fiction, and Ed Wood over both.

Telstar

Telstar
Telstar wrote:
del.capslock wrote:
Telstar wrote:I still favor Gump a little over Fiction...

Oh, please! Gump? Over Pulp Fiction?

Gump over Valley of the Dolls or Howard the Duck, maybe.




Nope, Gump over Fiction, and Ed Wood over both.




del.capslock

del.capslock
For you Godfather fans:

http://deadline.com/2017/04/pacino-copolla-godfather-cast-tribeca-film-festival-1202079761/

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/al-pacino-drank-diane-keaton-godfather-wedding-scene-article-1.3119290

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

Telstar

Telstar
del.capslock wrote:For you Godfather fans:

http://deadline.com/2017/04/pacino-copolla-godfather-cast-tribeca-film-festival-1202079761/

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/al-pacino-drank-diane-keaton-godfather-wedding-scene-article-1.3119290




Almost like being there except without the gun and cannolis.


bigdog


I'm going to leave Citizen Kane out because it always wins these polls and I thought it was just okay.

!.  To Kill a Mockingbird (no explaining needed, it's just the F'n best.)
2.  Apocalypse Now (because it changed my view of war forever)
3.  Schindler's List (the amazing power of one man to change so many lives)
4.  Tender Mercies (Robert Duvall's best performance and a great story)
5.   Class Action (one of Gene Hackman's best performances.-the dance at the end makes me cry and I don't cry in movies-ever)

This is cheating, but 5 and a half through at least 10 or 12 would be a list of all Mel Brooks movies. I only laughed so hard I fell out of my seat at one movie during my lifetime and it was Young Frankenstein.
Ummmm, Big Knockers

Telstar

Telstar
bigdog wrote:I'm going to leave Citizen Kane out because it always wins these polls and I thought it was just okay.

!.  To Kill a Mockingbird (no explaining needed, it's just the F'n best.)
2.  Apocalypse Now (because it changed my view of war forever)
3.  Schindler's List (the amazing power of one man to change so many lives)
4.  Tender Mercies (Robert Duvall's best performance and a great story)
5.   Class Action (one of Gene Hackman's best performances.-the dance at the end makes me cry and I don't cry in movies-ever)

This is cheating, but 5 and a half through at least 10 or 12 would be a list of all Mel Brooks movies. I only laughed so hard I  fell out of my seat at one movie during my lifetime and it was Young Frankenstein.
Ummmm, Big Knockers



Kane is letter perfect. The only thing I hate about it is it's mushroom 45's favorite movie. I think he imagines he's like Kane but I hope it doesn't take him so long to drop the glass ball.

Telstar

Telstar
Bump above spammer.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum