Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mike Pence’s role in the Flynn’s scandal ‘is flashing like a red beacon’: Maddow

+5
del.capslock
Sal
Floridatexan
2seaoat
Telstar
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Telstar

Telstar

Over and over, Rachel Maddow has questioned how it is possible that Vice President Mike Pence couldn’t have known that Gen. Mike Flynn was lying about his Russia conversation.

In a March 9 interview with Bret Baier on Fox News, Pence swore that the story about Flynn lobbying for Turkey was news to him. “[H]earing that story — today is the first [he’s] hearing of it,” he told Baier, who asked him the question twice, just to be sure.

“That cannot be true,” Maddow remarked.

Thursday, Maddow came back to her examination of Pence, as PoliticusUSA noted. Pence was the head of the Trump transition team after Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ) was booted from the job. Presumably, Flynn was vetted by that transition team, which would have brought up these concerns.

“As leader of the transition, he was notified in writing by members of Congress about Flynn’s apparent financial ties to the government of Turkey,” Maddow outlined, referring back to a letter sent by Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD). “The transition was also apparently notified twice by Flynn’s own lawyers about his financial relationship with the government of Turkey, but nevertheless, Vice President Mike Pence says he has no idea about any of that.”

Maddow pointed out that Pence claims he knew nothing despite being notified multiple times.

“Mike Pence’s role in the Mike Flynn scandal is flashing like a red beacon for anyone who sees him as the normal Republican in this setting,” she continued.

As the dominoes continue to fall around the Trump White House for one Russian tie after another, Pence comes out looking clean. Except, of course, there’s evidence her received warning after warning about those strange Russian ties and the mounting problems caused by Flynn’s presence in Trump’s inner circle.

Watch the full video from Maddow below:

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/rachel-maddow-mike-pences-role-in-flynns-scandal-is-flashing-like-a-red-beacon/

2seaoat

Rachel Maddow helped elect President Trump trying to improve her ratings, and now going after Pence is a big nothing Burger.....who cares if he did not read letters about suspicions of Flynn. She has this annoying habit of focusing on minutia which is totally irrelevant, while getting people hyped up about nothing makes me very suspicious that she is a trojan horse. She is being played by the Republicans where she cries wolf......wolf........wolf, until people quit paying attention to what is important. I have never been happier turning MSNBC off. They and Fox are just rating prostitutes. I do not trust Rachel Maddow. I think she has her own agendas which have very little to do with what is best for the average American, and the result of her slanted approach is that she has alienated traditional blue collar democrats.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:Rachel Maddow helped elect President Trump trying to improve her ratings, and now going after Pence is a big nothing Burger.....who cares if he did not read letters about suspicions of Flynn.  She has this annoying habit of focusing on minutia which is totally irrelevant, while getting people hyped up about nothing makes me very suspicious that she is a trojan horse.   She is being played by the Republicans where she cries wolf......wolf........wolf, until people quit paying attention to what is important.  I have never been happier turning MSNBC off.  They and Fox are just rating prostitutes.  I do not trust Rachel Maddow.  I think she has her own agendas which have very little to do with what is best for the average American, and the result of her slanted approach is that she has alienated traditional blue collar democrats.

Good for you. Keep that in mind when Pence steps down.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Rachel Maddow helped elect President Trump trying to improve her ratings, and now going after Pence is a big nothing Burger.....who cares if he did not read letters about suspicions of Flynn.  She has this annoying habit of focusing on minutia which is totally irrelevant, while getting people hyped up about nothing makes me very suspicious that she is a trojan horse.   She is being played by the Republicans where she cries wolf......wolf........wolf, until people quit paying attention to what is important.  I have never been happier turning MSNBC off.  They and Fox are just rating prostitutes.  I do not trust Rachel Maddow.  I think she has her own agendas which have very little to do with what is best for the average American, and the result of her slanted approach is that she has alienated traditional blue collar democrats.

I could not disagree more...Maddow is an intellectual type, which may alienate some, but her reports have always been well researched and cogent. The idea that she helped elect Trump is ludicrous...right-wing propaganda is what elected Trump...and the inability of some GOP voters to internalize and process his ridiculous claims and proposals.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Pence was Manafort's stooge:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/3/22/1646138/-Manafort-made-Pence-the-VP-they-talked-regularly-during-the-transition

2seaoat

Maddow is an intellectual type, which may alienate some,

I live for intellectual high level discussions.  However, I would rather watch a vice news episode where real journalism focuses on an issue and gives facts and identifies important under reported issues.   Rachel's whole spew is to make fun of idiots, which has gotten so old as she fails to report on substance and what those idiot's policies are doing.   Rather, like this story, she arrogantly thinks she hits a home run showing that Pence either lied or is an idiot......but in what context.   The fact that Flynn was a registered agent of Turkey and everybody knew this fact and Pence claims he did not......WTF relevance does this have to the new internet bill, tax cuts to the wealthy, cuts in essential programs, and a blank check to the oil extraction industries.  I watched her religiously and got caught up in the hubris and arrogance of intellectualism.  Yes, I know I am probably smarter than the average person, and yes Rachel is smarter than the average person, but her show had become a ridicule fest, and it gave a false sense of what is important to people as she repeatedly ridiculed Trump without talking about policy differences in the candidates.  She was a massive fail in the 2016 election.  I will not watch her again.  I think this Utube touches some of what I am trying to describe.  MSNBC contributed to the hubris and arrogance which gave President Trump the election.

Sal

Sal

I don't watch much of any cable news anymore.

It's just too much of the same.

My problem with Maddow has always been more one of style rather than substance.

I find most of her segments to be informative and rigorously researched.

What I can't stand is how she feels the need to explain into the finest minutia every aspect of a story, even the blatantly obvious and self-evident aspects.

She seems to think she is the intellectual superior to most of her audience, and she may well be, but I find myself yelling at the TV, "Get to the point, woman!".

The one big mistake I've seen her make was to hype those two pages of Trump's tax returns that he obviously wanted spotlighted.

She got played on that one, bigly.

I would disagree that she contributed in anyway to Trump's ascendance.

Trump won on lies told to rubes with a big assist from Comey and the Russians.

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:I live for intellectual high level discussions...

You'd never know it from the ellipsis-separated stream-of-consciousness word salad you fling onto the page.

Divide your damn text into paragraphs instead a nearly unreadable, fat, black block. Use the goddamn return key once in while.

Check out any serious journal or newspaper and imitate how they do it. Jesus, just check out how others do it right here. Use the preview button and edit your work.

If you can't express your ideas coherently on the written page, you might as well keep them to yourself.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

2seaoat

I feel very comfortable with what I write here, but I must say you are right that in the constant rush to answer threads in real time, I get lazy. It has spilled over to my business letters, where I have to check what I have written and correct the same. I am glad it irritates you, but I will not change my written style because this is an informal environment. I appreciate grammar and spelling corrections, but a run on paragraph on this forum.....pleassssseee......

... you did not even know what this was, and I am sure I am piszing you off on my comments about.....gee guess.

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:
...     you did not even know  what this was, and I am sure I am piszing you off on my comments about.....gee guess.

Huh?

The defense rests, your honor.

2seaoat

Huh?

You do that after the prosecutors have shown the money trail and closed their case in chief. Did the FBI contact you?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Fine...blame Maddow for being too precise or...whatever. But here's a whole list of people you can put in line before her:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:Huh?

You do that after the prosecutors have shown the money trail and closed their case in chief.  Did the FBI contact you?

Are you off your meds or something? Maybe a little age-related cognitive impairment?

The HUH referred to the final sentence of your previous post:   "you did not even know  what this was, and I am sure I am piszing you off on my comments about.....gee guess."

I have no idea what that collection of words means or is referring to--not unlike most of your posts. Look, if you can't express yourself coherently you cannot make an effective argument.

I have no idea what prosecutors or which money trail you're talking about.

2seaoat

I have no idea what prosecutors or which money trail you're talking about.

A simple, no the FBI has not contacted me YET, would suffice.

del.capslock

del.capslock

Floridatexan wrote:
Fine...blame Maddow for being too precise or...whatever.  

Poor Rachel...  she's got the most beautiful neck this side of a giraffe but she's just too friggin' smart--she ain't never gonna git a man!

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:I have no idea what prosecutors or which money trail you're talking about.

A simple, no the FBI has not contacted me YET, would suffice.

So you CAN write a coherent sentence but you're just too lazy to do so.

Wonderful, that's a good start.

2seaoat

Poor Rachel... she's got the most beautiful neck this side of a giraffe but she's just too friggin' smart--she ain't never gonna git a man!

Too funny....like you are attracted to a woman. Trying to convince us you are supportive of Rachel. I guess that puffing comes with your alleged profession. Oh, I forgot. Those that can do, those that can't......teach.

RealLindaL

del.capslock wrote:Poor Rachel...  she's got the most beautiful neck this side of a giraffe but she's just too friggin' smart--she ain't never gonna git a man!

Surely you jest. Rachel is openly gay and has a long-time partner to whom she may be married by now, for all I know. She has no need to worry about being too smart for the average male.

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:
Too funny....like you are attracted to a woman.  Trying to convince us you are supportive of Rachel.  I guess that puffing comes with your alleged profession.  Oh, I forgot.  Those that can do, those that can't......teach.

Your posts sound like Trump's tweets. Perhaps you both suffer from a similar personality disorder.

del.capslock

del.capslock

RealLindaL wrote:
Surely you jest. Rachel is openly gay and has a long-time partner to whom she may be married by now, for all I know.  She has no need to worry about being too smart for the average male.

RACHEL'S GAY!! What a revoltin' development this is. I'm shocked, SHOCKED.

2seaoat

I'm shocked, SHOCKED.

The same way you were when you learned about managing brokers. That shock hurdle is a low one.

2seaoat

Perhaps you both suffer from a similar personality disorder.

Yep, he has an uncanny capability of smelling bull chit, but I guess those in the real estate industry have flung it around for so long that it comes with the territory. My personality disorders focus on being unforgiving of fascist traitors.

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:
The same way you were when you learned about managing brokers.  That shock hurdle is a low one.

WTF are you talking about? Honestly, I have no idea what you're going on about.

Really, you seem to be having an issue with relevance and coherence. Maybe get the evening meds adjusted, huh?

RealLindaL

Seaoat, don't worry, this person is far too articulate to be our old nemesis, Markle. No, he's just your average, run-of-the-mill, forum jerk in relatively well-spoken clothing. Based on a couple of his posts, I'd personally considered he might have something of value to contribute here, but his mindless personal attacks -- which he seems incapable of controlling -- have quickly convinced me he's not worth our time. Maybe he'll do us a favor and take a long walk off a short pier, the sooner the better.

And if he's anyone in disguise, it's btraven.

2seaoat

I am very good with word patterns and a person's writing habits. Nope, I got a PM before I disclosed who he was. That person also picked up on the word patterns. Nobody else uses those patterns. Nailed. A bit pathetic, but nonetheless obvious. A pure checker player. I thought a couple days ago when I noticed the patterns, he would continue the charade of a pretending to be a non crazy who had empathy. He just could not stand the traitor threads. Knock knock.....who is there......the FBI.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum