Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Z

+9
Sal
ZVUGKTUBM
Telstar
Vikingwoman
RealLindaL
2seaoat
PkrBum
Joanimaroni
dumpcare
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

51Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/23/2017, 1:52 am

RealLindaL

Deepest and sincerest best wishes to our ailing forum members.   You guys are all needed here in one piece as we battle (or battle over!) the nightmare in the White House, so please hang in there and keep fighting the good fight.  

Sea, do let us know as soon as you can following your surgery next week, how you're doing.  Sorry to hear one of the new tumors is not able to be radiated.  Rats.

I echo Sea's expressed appreciation for Z-man's daughter's updates.  It means a lot to us all.  Just wish we could help...

52Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/23/2017, 3:19 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Thanks for your continued thoughts, everyone. I'm sorry to hear about your surgery issues, 2seaoat. Dad has talked about you for years with a marked sense of admiration in his voice. And, Joanimaroni, I smiled at your comment about the Cadbury eggs. My dad loves those. In fact, the night he had to go to the ER in the ambulance, my mom found one on my dad's lap. I'm guessing he was about to give himself a treat. I truly feel like you all know my dad, and that is comforting. You know things about him that only close friends and family know, particularly his affinity for chocolate Wink . I also know that a few of you have been talking to my dad via PM for some time, and I appreciate your understanding of what my dad is facing. I wish you could get a chance to meet him, as he's a really cool guy (although I'm guessing you've already figured that out). My dad and I have always talked politics together since I was old enough to vote, and I've missed our discussions. Since I was a kid, we've connected on an intellectual level, whether through working on science projects together or my helping him build computers. My dad always has a positive attitude (motto: "Don't tell me how I CAN'T do something. Tell me how I CAN"), and I'm hoping that he's continuing to tap into that now, as he seemed a little down a few days ago.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. On to an update. Dad was supposed to be transferred yesterday at 3:00, which then moved to 6:00, which then moved to after 10:00. For some reason, they couldn't get EMS over to get him to the other facility. My mom just got there to visit, so I will get some more news soon. As far as I know, he is in the same condition as before.

Thank you again, everyone.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

53Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/23/2017, 3:28 pm

Telstar

Telstar

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Thanks for your continued thoughts, everyone. I'm sorry to hear about your surgery issues, 2seaoat. Dad has talked about you for years with a marked sense of admiration in his voice. And, Joanimaroni, I smiled at your comment about the Cadbury eggs. My dad loves those. In fact, the night he had to go to the ER in the ambulance, my mom found one on my dad's lap. I'm guessing he was about to give himself a treat. I truly feel like you all know my dad, and that is comforting. You know things about him that only close friends and family know, particularly his affinity for chocolate Wink . I also know that a few of you have been talking to my dad via PM for some time, and I appreciate your understanding of what my dad is facing. I wish you could get a chance to meet him, as he's a really cool guy (although I'm guessing you've already figured that out). My dad and I have always talked politics together since I was old enough to vote, and I've missed our discussions. Since I was a kid, we've connected on an intellectual level, whether through working on science projects together or my helping him build computers. My dad always has a positive attitude (motto: "Don't tell me how I CAN'T do something. Tell me how I CAN"), and I'm hoping that he's continuing to tap into that now, as he seemed a little down a few days ago.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. On to an update. Dad was supposed to be transferred yesterday at 3:00, which then moved to 6:00, which then moved to  after 10:00. For some reason, they couldn't get EMS over to get him to the other facility. My mom just got there to visit, so I will get some more news soon. As far as I know, he is in the same condition as before.

Thank you again, everyone.

Thank you for the update. We miss your dad and wish him well.

54Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/23/2017, 4:02 pm

2seaoat

Your dad has helped me in some of my health issues with PMs over the years and his suggestions have been very helpful. He is in a tough time now. I have had my upper lung lobe removed with a tumor in 08 and have had two lung operations in the last 19 months to deal with four marble size tumors which restrict my breathing and lead to pneumonia. It gets more and more difficult to recover from the same but spring is near and once he gets into the sunshine, it does an incredible thing to my lungs. I hope he can get outside, and they can get him on a limited exercise routine......he knows the science and knows he cannot give up......he must try to get around even though that is incredibly difficult. I hope they have the blood pressure issues under control and over the years he has shared the cardiac issues in the family, so keeping the blood pressure low is critical. Any updates are important to all of us and we continue to have your father in our prayers, and he has more than once let us know how proud he is of you........thank you for the updates.

55Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/23/2017, 4:27 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Your dad has helped me in some of my health issues with PMs over the years and his suggestions have been very helpful.  He is in a tough time now.  I have had my upper lung lobe removed with a tumor in 08 and have had two lung operations in the last 19 months to deal with four marble size tumors which restrict my breathing and lead to pneumonia.   It gets more and more difficult to recover from the same but spring is near and once he gets into the sunshine, it does an incredible thing to my lungs.   I hope he can get outside, and they can get him on a limited exercise routine......he knows the science and knows he cannot give up......he must try to get around even though that is incredibly difficult.  I hope they have the blood pressure issues under control and over the years he has shared the cardiac issues in the family, so keeping the blood pressure low is critical.   Any updates are important to all of us and we continue to have your father in our prayers, and he has more than once let us know how proud he is of you........thank you for the updates.

Absolutely....he speaks of you often and he is very proud of you.

56Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/23/2017, 5:07 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Your dad has helped me in some of my health issues with PMs over the years and his suggestions have been very helpful.  He is in a tough time now.  I have had my upper lung lobe removed with a tumor in 08 and have had two lung operations in the last 19 months to deal with four marble size tumors which restrict my breathing and lead to pneumonia.   It gets more and more difficult to recover from the same but spring is near and once he gets into the sunshine, it does an incredible thing to my lungs.   I hope he can get outside, and they can get him on a limited exercise routine......he knows the science and knows he cannot give up......he must try to get around even though that is incredibly difficult.  I hope they have the blood pressure issues under control and over the years he has shared the cardiac issues in the family, so keeping the blood pressure low is critical.   Any updates are important to all of us and we continue to have your father in our prayers, and he has more than once let us know how proud he is of you........thank you for the updates.

Thank you. That really warms my heart. I'm definitely one of those "I just want to make my daddy proud" kind of girls, so that is important to me.

I do have some positive news to share. My mom sent me a picture dad smiling at the new facility. A real smile. He's talking and 100% himself, which is really reassuring, as his breathing issues over the last week have sometimes impaired his ability to communicate with us, both physically and mentally. She said she is happy with the new facility, and he seems much more comfortable and in a better mood. He also got to eat real food for the first time in a week, which I'm sure lifted his spirits. We are trying to take everything one day at a time, which is hard, but necessary. So, any good news is a welcome relief for the time being.

As always, I'll continue to update as I hear more. Very Happy

57Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/23/2017, 5:33 pm

dumpcare

Thanks for the update, glad he's doing better. I know what would make him really smile, a big cadbury egg or chocolate bar.

58Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/23/2017, 6:15 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wonderful news!

59Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/23/2017, 6:43 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

ppaca wrote:Thanks for the update, glad he's doing better. I know what would make him really smile, a big cadbury egg or chocolate bar.

Haha. That really did just make me LOL Laughing

60Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/23/2017, 7:07 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

I'm so glad to hear this latest update. Sounds like marked improvement. Wtg Bud..!!

61Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/23/2017, 9:08 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I just left my dad, and he told me to tell you guys "Now I'm just working on a plan so I can get out of here."

He has a positive attitude and feels like he is being cared for better at this new facility.

62Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/23/2017, 11:25 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I just left my dad, and he told me to tell you guys "Now I'm just working on a plan so I can get out of here."

He has a positive attitude and feels like he is being cared for better at this new facility.

You are a great daughter and I know he's proud of you (he should be!) Thanks for keeping us up to date. I'm so happy to hear he's doing better.

63Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/24/2017, 2:38 am

RealLindaL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I just left my dad, and he told me to tell you guys "Now I'm just working on a plan so I can get out of here."

That's really great to hear! Thanks so much for the update.

64Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/24/2017, 1:23 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Boy, a lot has happened since I last updated you all. My mom and I left the hospital for a while to get some dinner and take care of some chores, and when we got back (less than 3 hours later), Dad wasn't doing well. It was such a 180 from what we had just seen before. This got us nervous and scared, as we were hopeful things were getting better. My poor mom stayed at the hospital with him until after 1 in the morning because she was so worried for him. This wasn't a new setback, as he was experiencing the same thing at the ICU, but it still was a bit of a shock. Emotional rollercoaster ride is an understatement.

Anyway, fast forward to about 15 minutes ago. I call to check on him, and they say he's doing fine now compared to last night. Back to his normal self, albeit the "new normal" for now.

Thank you all for allowing me to share with you. I'm updating you as frequently as I am Dad's own siblings. Since you all are his friends, I feel it is important to do so. I love you

65Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/24/2017, 1:32 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Give your dad our best.....prayers continue.

Hoping for improvement each day.

66Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/24/2017, 2:13 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

I'll even say a prayer for him. I'm so glad that y'all are there for him... it must be an awful feeling for him to be cooped up and out of his home. Keep fighting Zman..!!

67Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/24/2017, 6:44 pm

RealLindaL

Roller coaster ride is right! Can only imagine what you're all going through. Hope your dad's docs are keeping you well informed on what to expect....communications are so often lacking in these situations. I'm sure you won't be afraid to be a squeaky wheel if need be!

68Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/26/2017, 11:44 am

2seaoat

Sorry to be a nuisance, but any updates? I worry with pneumonia that the longer you are in a health care facility the more difficult it becomes to recover fully. I hope he is resting and getting plenty of air. It would be great for him to get home and it is incredibly important to keep a positive attitude in the battle.

69Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/27/2017, 1:07 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Hi, friends. Sorry for the delayed updates. Dad has had some up and downs this weekend. I get the impression that these sorts of places are tougher to be in on the weekends. Seems that the skeleton crew isn't as attentive. On Friday, dad was up in a chair and talking for most of the day. He told me to tell you all that he is very determined to get his strength back to get back home. However, that night, he experienced some breathing problems again that seem to have set him back all weekend. It is my hope that this week will bring a little more comprehensive care so he can get over this setback.

I will try to update again tomorrow if anything changes. Thank you all.

70Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/27/2017, 1:57 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Hi, friends. Sorry for the delayed updates. Dad has had some up and downs this weekend. I get the impression that these sorts of places are tougher to be in on the weekends. Seems that the skeleton crew isn't as attentive. On Friday, dad was up in a chair and talking for most of the day. He told me to tell you all that he is very determined to get his strength back to get back home. However, that night, he experienced some breathing problems again that seem to have set him back all weekend. It is my hope that this week will bring a little more comprehensive care so he can get over this setback.

I will try to update again tomorrow if anything changes. Thank you all.

I am so sorry he had a set back....reassure your dad we are all wishing the best for his recovery. My prayers continue for your dad.

71Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/27/2017, 2:00 am

RealLindaL

Thank you, Z's daughter, for thinking of us and taking time for the update. Will hope along with you for improvement with the coming week. Would tell you to be strong but you very obviously don't need to hear that from anyone -- you already are!!

72Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/27/2017, 5:32 am

Vikingwoman

Still sending those positive vibes,Z. I see the effects are working. You are gong to recover well. Just hang in there.

73Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/27/2017, 8:53 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Hi, friends. Dad's condition took a bad turn this morning. To try to sum up a longer story, he had been experiencing tachycardia yesterday into this morning (his heart rate was up to 180), when his heart suddenly stopped. He had no pulse, so the head nurse, who was luckily in the room checking on him at the time, called a code and they began administering CPR. They brought him back, but had to put him on a ventilator. He did not loose consciousness and was aware today, able to blink and nod in response to our questions. Still, he is uncomfortable. He has always expressed that he has never wanted to be on a ventilator, but a split decision had to be made. I literally was on the phone with my mom talking about it when the nurse called me to tell me the news. He has been transferred into the ICU at the hospital he is at where he will get the critical care he needs.

Thank you all for your support.

74Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/27/2017, 9:22 pm

Sal

Sal

Fuck!!

75Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z 2/27/2017, 9:34 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:Fuck!!

Ditto.

76Z - Page 3 Empty Re: Z