Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mitt Romney's Real Agenda

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mitt Romney's Real Agenda Empty Mitt Romney's Real Agenda 10/3/2012, 8:38 am

knothead

knothead

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/mitt-romneys-real-agenda-20120928

For those open minded enough to hear both sides of the story this article depicts what the GOP has done and what how we could reasonably expect a Romney administration to function and govern . . . . very interesting.

2Mitt Romney's Real Agenda Empty Re: Mitt Romney's Real Agenda 10/3/2012, 9:10 am

Nothing like an indepth piece from a San Francisco based Progressive blogger who also writes for Rolling Stone, that notoriously "bipartisan", hard hitting, intellectually stimulating (for stoners) rag. Thanks for the laugh!

lol! lol! lol!

3Mitt Romney's Real Agenda Empty Re: Mitt Romney's Real Agenda 10/3/2012, 9:24 am

2seaoat

All this republican sees in this election is a candidate who believes that greed works.....that a five trillion dollar tax cut for the wealthy will work......I bought into this broken economic model for 30 years because I was selfish and self centered baby boomer who was all about me......until I saw what has happened to my fellow Americans. It is time for patriots. It is time for the truth. The tax cuts went too far. We need to put revenue back on the table, and the takeover of the Republican Party by this crazy faction is traitorous........plain and simple traitors who are shills for other interests other than America.

4Mitt Romney's Real Agenda Empty Re: Mitt Romney's Real Agenda 10/3/2012, 9:40 am

2seaoat wrote:All this republican sees in this election is a candidate who believes that greed works.....that a five trillion dollar tax cut for the wealthy will work......I bought into this broken economic model for 30 years because I was selfish and self centered baby boomer who was all about me......until I saw what has happened to my fellow Americans. It is time for patriots. It is time for the truth. The tax cuts went too far. We need to put revenue back on the table, and the takeover of the Republican Party by this crazy faction is traitorous........plain and simple traitors who are shills for other interests other than America.

So now that you "got yours" it's time for others to pay the price? Is that evil Romney not going to help you? How is Oblamer different? He is not....

5Mitt Romney's Real Agenda Empty Re: Mitt Romney's Real Agenda 10/3/2012, 9:43 am

nochain wrote:Nothing like an indepth piece from a San Francisco based Progressive blogger who also writes for Rolling Stone, that notoriously "bipartisan", hard hitting, intellectually stimulating (for stoners) rag. Thanks for the laugh!

lol! lol! lol!

When needing hard hitting...factual information about politics...policies and the state of the nation...there are people that turn to Rolling Stone and/or a blogger that supplies San Francisco political views!...

6Mitt Romney's Real Agenda Empty Re: Mitt Romney's Real Agenda 10/3/2012, 9:50 am

2seaoat

I am willing to pay more taxes. I have hardly paid anything the last 10 years and my wife and I just shake our heads from what we used to pay. If I pay a thousand dollars more a year taxes, and real attempts are finally made to shrink government......I am all in......it is time for economic patriots. This campaign is all smoke and mirrors......Romney is going to steal America.....and folks have this figured out....so now the campaign goes where John McCain would not go in 2008......they will go to the black man in the White House......Newt has given them the road map......but when you take this route.....McCain had it right....you have already lost.

7Mitt Romney's Real Agenda Empty Re: Mitt Romney's Real Agenda 10/3/2012, 9:59 am

2seaoat wrote:I am willing to pay more taxes. I have hardly paid anything the last 10 years and my wife and I just shake our heads from what we used to pay. If I pay a thousand dollars more a year taxes, and real attempts are finally made to shrink government......I am all in......it is time for economic patriots. This campaign is all smoke and mirrors......Romney is going to steal America.....and folks have this figured out....so now the campaign goes where John McCain would not go in 2008......they will go to the black man in the White House......Newt has given them the road map......but when you take this route.....McCain had it right....you have already lost.

'seabuscuit'...or whatever....THERE IS NOTHING STOPPING YOU and others from paying ALL the taxes that you want so quit whining about how you are 'willing to pay more taxes'....shut up and do so...

8Mitt Romney's Real Agenda Empty Re: Mitt Romney's Real Agenda 10/3/2012, 10:07 am

2seaoat

Exactly how does that solve the deficit? The tax cuts went too far? This country has traitors in our midst. They are actively trying to destroy this country. They appeal to the dim lights and think they can fool the entire population. The civil war was lost, but a 150 years later people are trying to destroy the union and this nation. Paying individual taxes makes as much sense as people volunteering to form a new army to protect America....you know.....lets get some folks together and go to Libya and protect our diplomats....yea that's the ticket. You either think a five trillion dollar tax cut for the wealthy is a good idea or you do not. What say you? Do you think too much money is being collected for taxes? Where do we make cuts? However, some people do not want that discussion.....they are native born terrorists who want to destroy this country and take the wealth......it is clear where the battle lines have been drawn.

9Mitt Romney's Real Agenda Empty Re: Mitt Romney's Real Agenda 10/3/2012, 10:25 am

2seaoat wrote:You either think a five trillion dollar tax cut for the wealthy is a good idea or you do not. n.

That figure does not just apply to the "wealthy" - it includes individuals who make less and also corporations. While it does appear to favor the wealthy perhaps that is because they make more money. Fair? I don't know. I feel a major overhaul of the horrendous tax code and a flat tax for individuals and businesses is the way to go, perhaps even a "luxury" VAT for items like yachts, noncommercial aircraft and the like. I am not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination but I do not begrudge those who earned their wealth. Besides, Romney has a shell of a proposal, by no means will an end product look like the proposal. And then it would have to go through the machinations of Congress and the Senate. No one can predict the future look of a final Romney plan. What is BHOs plan since he has not made anything happen in almost 4 years?

10Mitt Romney's Real Agenda Empty Re: Mitt Romney's Real Agenda 10/3/2012, 10:27 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

newswatcher wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I am willing to pay more taxes. I have hardly paid anything the last 10 years and my wife and I just shake our heads from what we used to pay. If I pay a thousand dollars more a year taxes, and real attempts are finally made to shrink government......I am all in......it is time for economic patriots. This campaign is all smoke and mirrors......Romney is going to steal America.....and folks have this figured out....so now the campaign goes where John McCain would not go in 2008......they will go to the black man in the White House......Newt has given them the road map......but when you take this route.....McCain had it right....you have already lost.

'seabuscuit'...or whatever....THERE IS NOTHING STOPPING YOU and others from paying ALL the taxes that you want so quit whining about how you are 'willing to pay more taxes'....shut up and do so...

Why don't YOU shut up?

11Mitt Romney's Real Agenda Empty Re: Mitt Romney's Real Agenda 10/3/2012, 10:29 am

Margin Call

Margin Call

nochain wrote: What is BHOs plan since he has not made anything happen in almost 4 years?

Sigh.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget

12Mitt Romney's Real Agenda Empty Re: Mitt Romney's Real Agenda 10/3/2012, 10:32 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I am constantly amazed by those who can't seem to grasp that Romney's money wasn't "earned" the old-fashioned way but was accummulated through accounting tricks and capital gains loopholes...not to mention offshoring jobs to China and elsewhere while destroying jobs in the USA.

And could someone please explain how it's a positive thing that the Republican candidate for POTUS has his money stashed offshore? How in the world could that be justifiable under and set of circumstances? Just how dense are "you people"?

13Mitt Romney's Real Agenda Empty Re: Mitt Romney's Real Agenda 10/3/2012, 10:37 am

Margin Call

Margin Call

nochain wrote:Nothing like an indepth piece from a San Francisco based Progressive blogger who also writes for Rolling Stone, that notoriously "bipartisan", hard hitting, intellectually stimulating (for stoners) rag. Thanks for the laugh!

lol! lol! lol!

Did you read the article? The author lays out the Republican agenda very clearly.

BTW, Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi is the finest journalist I've ever seen exposing the corruption between D.C. and Wall Street.

14Mitt Romney's Real Agenda Empty Re: Mitt Romney's Real Agenda 10/3/2012, 11:06 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

nochain wrote:
2seaoat wrote:You either think a five trillion dollar tax cut for the wealthy is a good idea or you do not. n.

That figure does not just apply to the "wealthy" - it includes individuals who make less and also corporations. While it does appear to favor the wealthy perhaps that is because they make more money. Fair? I don't know. I feel a major overhaul of the horrendous tax code and a flat tax for individuals and businesses is the way to go, perhaps even a "luxury" VAT for items like yachts, noncommercial aircraft and the like. I am not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination but I do not begrudge those who earned their wealth. Besides, Romney has a shell of a proposal, by no means will an end product look like the proposal. And then it would have to go through the machinations of Congress and the Senate. No one can predict the future look of a final Romney plan. What is BHOs plan since he has not made anything happen in almost 4 years?

It is completely mystifying to me that you could even consider Romney's economic plan to be substantially different from that of W, or that you believe the consequences of "trickle down" will somehow yield a different result than Bush's, or any other Republican who followed Reagan's "trickle down", or in the words of GHWB, "voodoo economics". Why should our tax structure favor the wealthy over the ordinary working Joe? Our country has been robbed in plain daylight, and all you can think of is doing the same thing over again to produce a different result...the definition of insanity.

15Mitt Romney's Real Agenda Empty Re: Mitt Romney's Real Agenda 10/3/2012, 11:26 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

knothead wrote:http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/mitt-romneys-real-agenda-20120928

For those open minded enough to hear both sides of the story this article depicts what the GOP has done and what how we could reasonably expect a Romney administration to function and govern . . . . very interesting.

If the Republican plan for creating jobs is so terrific why did GWB have such a dismal job creation record? Another reason the recovery has been so weak is because Republicans have been cutting government jobs in yet another attempt (they say) to reduce the size of government. In other recent recessions the administration has used government hiring as a way to spur the economy. This time they did the opposite and then point to Obama as the reason for slow job growth creation. UGH.
FEWER JOBS

Republicans in Congress have repeatedly put ideology before creating jobs. For more than a year, they've refused to put President Obama's jobs bill up for a vote, even though projections show it would create nearly 2 million jobs without adding a penny to the deficit. The reason? The $447 billion bill would be entirely paid for through a surtax on millionaires.

In addition, the Republicans' signature initiative last year – the debt-ceiling standoff – was a jobs-killer, applying the brakes to the economic recovery. From February through April 2011, the economy had been adding 200,000 jobs a month. But during the uncertainty created by the congressional impasse, job creation was cut in half for every month the standoffcontinued. And according to the Economic Policy Institute, the immediate spending cuts required by the debt-ceiling compromise are likely to shrink the economy by $43 billion this year, killing nearly 323,000 jobs.

What Ryan markets as his "Path to Prosperity" would make things even worse: The draconian cuts in his latest budget, according to the EPI, would put an additional drag on the economy, destroying another 4.1 million jobs by 2014.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/mitt-romneys-real-agenda-20120928#ixzz28FWlEqrs

Mitt Romney's Real Agenda Graph-10

http://www.blareshare.com/politics/us-unemployment-rate-if-republican-government-had-not-cut-jobs/

16Mitt Romney's Real Agenda Empty Re: Mitt Romney's Real Agenda 10/3/2012, 11:36 am

http://www.policymic.com/articles/11219/mitt-romney-foreign-policy-team-17-of-24-advisors-are-bush-neocons) Nuff said..

17Mitt Romney's Real Agenda Empty Re: Mitt Romney's Real Agenda 10/3/2012, 12:03 pm

knothead

knothead

I am pleased that the thread served its intended purpose . . . . a discussion that provoked some thought about Mr. Romney. Whether you are a protagonist or an antagonist regarding the RR ticket I believe this was a very telling article laying out Romney's "plan". It's easy to demonize the messenger but pray tell where its projections are off base . . . . . they are not. Romney and Ryan will be a worse disaster than any of us can imagine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum