Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is what I have listened to for 10 years on the PNJ and here

+3
Floridatexan
Wordslinger
2seaoat
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-campaign-chair-kathy-miller-resigns-after-%e2%80%98no-racism%e2%80%99-before-obama-remarks/ar-BBwvcEK?li=BBnbfcL

I am told that racism is over, and Mr. Markle reminds us regularly that racism is because of President Obama. Mind numbing. Donald Trump pulls these scared hateful people with this bubble world view and they want to make America great again........because.....President Obama brought us racism.

It's a fact, jack. We didn't have this racial divide until The O was inaugurated and he told the GOP "to get on the back of the bus" (referring to the bus segregation that existed at one time in this nation). Those were his words. His divisiveness is toxic and Charlotte is his fault as well as BLM and all the other chaos. Of course, he wants chaos. He is the divider in chief. That was the fundamental change he was striving for and he got it. You're mind is clustered behind your pain med glasses of white guilt that I know you have because it is displayed in every post about race.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Tellthetruth wrote:It's a fact, jack. We didn't have this racial divide until The O was inaugurated and he told the GOP "to get on the back of the bus" (referring to the bus segregation that existed at one time in this nation). Those were his words. His divisiveness is toxic and Charlotte is his fault as well as BLM and all the other chaos. Of course, he wants chaos. He is the divider in chief. That was the fundamental change he was striving for and he got it. You're mind is clustered behind your pain med glasses of white guilt that I know you have because it is displayed in every post about race.

Peedawg, as a white racist it's perfectly clear why you claim racism didn't exist before Obama.

Try reviewing the following items in real American history:

. By 1650 white Europeans were slaughtering Native Americans in the first demonstrations of racism in North America.

. Slavery --- 1630-1865
. Jim Crow
. Convict Leasing 1876 - 1940
. Black Americans not afforded voting rights until 1964
. Lynching and other brutalizations of black Americans from the nation's beginnings until today -- Terence Crutcher was murdered because he was black.
. Integration of blacks into professional sports did not occur until after WWII
Etc.

It would seem that everyone but you in this forum knows these historical facts preceded the Obama presidency. Your racist bullshit in this forum is well noted.

Does the USAF know your white racist viewpoints?

"Black Americans not afforded voting rights until 1964"

That's not correct.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:"Black Americans not afforded voting rights until 1964"

That's not correct.

You're right: Here's the correct date and act:

Search Results
Image result for civil rights act of 1965
The Voting Rights Act, signed into law by President Lyndon Johnson (1908-73) on August 6, 1965, aimed to overcome legal barriers at the state and local levels that prevented African Americans from exercising their right to vote under the 15th Amendment (1870) to the Constitution of the United States.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Having the right to vote and being able to exercise that right are horses of a different color (no pun).

http://www.history.com/topics/black-history/voting-rights-act

"...After the U.S. Civil War (1861-65), the 15th Amendment, ratified in 1870, prohibited states from denying a male citizen the right to vote based on “race, color or previous condition of servitude.” Nevertheless, in the ensuing decades, various discriminatory practices were used to prevent African Americans, particularly those in the South, from exercising their right to vote.

During the civil rights movement of the 1950s and 1960s, voting rights activists in the South were subjected to various forms of mistreatment and violence. One event that outraged many Americans occurred on March 7, 1965, when peaceful participants in a voting rights march from Selma, Alabama, to the state capital in Montgomery were met by Alabama state troopers who attacked them with nightsticks, tear gas and whips after they refused to turn back. Some protesters were severely beaten, and others ran for their lives. The incident was captured on national television.

In the wake of the brutal incident, Johnson called for comprehensive voting rights legislation. In a speech to a joint session of Congress on March 15, 1965, the president outlined the devious ways in which election officials denied African-American citizens the vote. Blacks attempting to vote often were told by election officials that they had gotten the date, time or polling place wrong, that they possessed insufficient literacy skills or that they had filled out an application incorrectly. Blacks, whose population suffered a high rate of illiteracy due to centuries of oppression and poverty, often would be forced to take literacy tests, which they inevitably failed. Johnson also told Congress that voting officials, primarily in Southern states, had been known to force black voters to “recite the entire Constitution or explain the most complex provisions of state laws,” a task most white voters would have been hard-pressed to accomplish. In some cases, even blacks with college degrees were turned away from the polls..."

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Wordslinger wrote:Lynching and other brutalizations of black Americans from the nation's beginnings until today

I wonder how many blacks were lynched in PeeDog's hometown of Milton back in the day?

I have personally witnessed a long line of Klansmen file out of the old Mason Lodge at the corner of Canal Street and Hwy 90, and walk westward down the middle of Hwy 90. The Milton Police stopped all traffic from entering the highway so there would be no disruption of this display of racism. The year was 1976.

My room mate was with me. He was a graduate of the very liberal UC Berkely in California. He started to roll the window down to cast an expletive toward the white-robed Klansmen, but I didn't want my car attacked, so I quieted him down.

I bet there were many prominent Santa Rosans who were members of the Klan back then.

Milton was the perfect setting for this display--a backwater town that has only marginally improved since then.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

This woman could be called "the bubble lady" because in this short clip she recites many many many of the stereotypes held so dear to the hearts of stupid white people. It is really breathtakingly ignorant and totally ill informed.

At least Someone in the Trump campaign organization recognized the stupidity and unhelpful (from his campaigns point of view) statements and required her to resign. However, I'm sure most Trump supporters would agree completely with her comments. As they say, it is called a gaff when a politician accidentally tells the truth. oops.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/22/trump-ohio-campaign-chair-no-racism-before-obama?CMP=share_btn_link

If America is trying to oppress blacks then it's doing a terrible job. We have a black potus... a black ag... tons of wealthy movie stars and athletes... including gazillionaire Oprah. The opportunity is there.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:If America is trying to oppress blacks then it's doing a terrible job. We have a black potus... a black ag... tons of wealthy movie stars and athletes... including gazillionaire Oprah. The opportunity is there.

It is doubtful if you could have picked a less representative group of occupations to try and make the point that black Americans are successful. One president, one AG, movie stars and professional athletes. What do these job openings represent compared to the general population 0.00001%? I have not done the math but people should get my point.

One only has to look at the history of financial discrimination to know that the deck has been stacked against people of color. Home loans, bank loans, etc.

Sal

Sal

othershoe1030 wrote:
One only has to look at the history of financial discrimination to know that the deck has been stacked against people of color. Home loans, bank loans, etc.

I wish people like Pkr would take the time to read this ....

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

I think I've read this article before. I have also read and would recommend the book mentioned, "The Warmth of Other Suns" about the migration out of the deep South of five people from different areas. They mainly road the trains to Chicago, LA or up the East Coast.

Because of the Jim Crow laws passengers had to move from one train car to another so as to segregate once the train crossed the line into Dixie even though all the tickets were the same price. Truly astonishing in the mid 20th century and some wonder why black Americans have not accomplished things or accumulated wealth. White privilege is taken for granted.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

It's simple, there is no case for reparations.

If anyone thinks this would cure ANYTHING, their Happy Meal is a few fries short.

Discussing it is a waste.

True, my ancestors probably were slaves or slave owners. I have never gone back that far into my ancestry.

So am as close to having owned or been a slave as anyone in this country.

Foolish thread.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

If anyone thinks this would cure ANYTHING, their Happy Meal is a few fries short.

True, my ancestors probably were slaves or slave owners. I have never gone back that far into my ancestry.

So am as close to having owned or been a slave as anyone in this country.

Foolish thread.

Willful ignorance and an unwillingness to learn.

Shameful.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

True, my ancestors probably were slaves or slave owners.  I have never gone back that far into my ancestry.

So I am as close to having owned or been a slave as anyone in this country.  

Foolish thread.

Willful ignorance and an unwillingness to learn.

Shameful.

Thanks for admitting there is nothing I posted with you can disagree.

This is what I have listened to for 10 years on the PNJ and here So-whats-your-point-meme_zpsw5tk9s5x

Sal

Sal

What is obvious is that you did not read the article to which I linked, but felt the need to comment on it.

You are an arrogant ignoramus.

Not a good combination.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:What is obvious is that you did not read the article to which I linked, but felt the need to comment on it.

Not a good combination.

Right, I have not read the article. That's because it is impossible to make a case for reparations in any way shape or form.

It would have a massively destructive force on all Americans.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:What is obvious is that you did not read the article to which I linked, but felt the need to comment on it.

Not a good combination.

Right, I have not read the article.  That's because it is impossible to make a case for reparations in any way shape or form.

It would have a massively destructive force on all Americans.

As a fellow American, I'm for reparations -- stop building another useless aircraft carrier and start making up for some of the horrors this country has foisted on African-Americans. As white Americans, we need to make an obvious effort to accept black Americans as equals -- as people. It would also be a good time to discuss exiling racist-fascists. With a few million dollars' incentive, Somalia or Yemen might take them.
LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum