Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FIVE YEARS AGO… Al Gore Predicted the North Pole Will Be Ice Free in 5 Years...OOPS!

+4
talknstang
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
Markle
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Markle

Markle

Uh ohh...the local Global Warming crowd are going to have to scramble to explain this one.  He started making this forecast in 2007.

From the video:
Former Vice President Al Gore references computer modeling to suggest that the north polar ice cap may lose virtually all of its ice within the next seven years. “Some of the models suggest that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during some of the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years,” says Gore.

Oops...did anyone here mention that it SNOWED in Cairo for the first time in 100 years?

FIVE YEARS AGO… Al Gore Predicted the North Pole Will Be Ice Free in 5 Years...OOPS! Camelinthesnow

It's weather... though there will be another glacial maximum in a few tens of thousands of years... if that helps any.

2seaoat

Dr Mazlowski makes the prediction in seven years there is a 75% probability that the ice cap will be gone based on HIS data. Not five years and 100% certainty. You show snow in Egypt, and that falls completely within the extremes of weather during a climate change. Get your facts right, and then pretend that climate is not getting goofy. What is the big deal of controlling pollution and carbon levels like we controlled sulfur dioxide......it made a huge difference, and we can produce electricity from renewable generation which is growing as we speak.........but the polluters need a shill. Thankfully the fish have recovered in the Northeast lakes and streams once we decided to take tons of sulfur dioxide out of emissions......and once we take the carbon out.......and have windmills, solar, natural gas, and the new nuclear we can hope the genie is not already out of the bottle.

FIVE YEARS AGO… Al Gore Predicted the North Pole Will Be Ice Free in 5 Years...OOPS! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcsH6eKlVwoSTWpnU1EuP6A4-d56p7pmEPSf5PVan7WWMWvWfC

Give it time. Sooner or later the supposedly enlightened progressive liberals will change their stance once again.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0EQlIzPowM

Very Happy 

Damaged Eagle wrote:FIVE YEARS AGO… Al Gore Predicted the North Pole Will Be Ice Free in 5 Years...OOPS! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcsH6eKlVwoSTWpnU1EuP6A4-d56p7pmEPSf5PVan7WWMWvWfC

Give it time. Sooner or later the supposedly enlightened progressive liberals will change their stance once again.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy 

The argument to stave off the next ice age would make better sense... or the magnetosphere flipping.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Plants love CO2 so plant more plants...problem solved.

talknstang

i think he made that prediction while heavily medicated for his glaucoma

cool1

cool1

Nature will run its course no matter what people say--- Laughing 

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

2seaoat wrote:Dr Mazlowski makes the prediction in seven years there is a 75% probability that the ice cap will be gone based on HIS data.   Not five years and 100% certainty.   You show snow in Egypt, and that falls completely within the extremes of weather during a climate change.   Get your facts right, and then pretend that climate is not getting goofy.   What is the big deal of controlling pollution and carbon levels like we controlled sulfur dioxide......it made a huge difference, and we can produce electricity from renewable generation which is growing as we speak.........but the polluters need a shill.  Thankfully the fish have recovered in the Northeast lakes and streams once we decided to take tons of sulfur dioxide out of emissions......and once we take the carbon out.......and have windmills, solar, natural gas, and the new nuclear we can hope the genie is not already out of the bottle.

I agree with your statement 100%. Having exposed Herr Markle's crapola on global warming, he no doubt is setting up a file to record all your statements so he can pull one up and use it against you when he has nothing with which to intelligently respond. LOL

2seaoat

He needs to tell the truth. Gore was quoting the scientist. It was not his prediction, and the prediction the scientist made was not what he said Gore said. Lies are easy if nobody challenges the same.

PkrBum wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy 

The argument to stave off the next ice age would make better sense... or the magnetosphere flipping.

FIVE YEARS AGO… Al Gore Predicted the North Pole Will Be Ice Free in 5 Years...OOPS! 2Q==

Actually the simple argument to reduce pollution and recycle as much as we can, instead of adding further controversy to the issue, makes a lot more sense... but don't tell Seaoat that I said so.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M

Very Happy

The north pole being unfrozen is not unusual or unprecedented... this link shows pics from 1962. Oooo... scary.

http://notrickszone.com/2013/06/23/the-arctic-unmelts-joe-bastardi-shows-north-pole-was-unfrozen-in-the-summer-of-1962/

Markle wrote:Uh ohh...the local Global Warming crowd are going to have to scramble to explain this one.  He started making this forecast in 2007.

From the video:
Former Vice President Al Gore references computer modeling to suggest that the north polar ice cap may lose virtually all of its ice within the next seven years. “Some of the models suggest that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during some of the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years,” says Gore.

Oops...did anyone here mention that it SNOWED in Cairo for the first time in 100 years?

FIVE YEARS AGO… Al Gore Predicted the North Pole Will Be Ice Free in 5 Years...OOPS! Camelinthesnow

and that in Jerusalem there was 8 inches of snow???

PkrBum wrote:The north pole being unfrozen is not unusual or unprecedented... this link shows pics from 1962. Oooo... scary.

http://notrickszone.com/2013/06/23/the-arctic-unmelts-joe-bastardi-shows-north-pole-was-unfrozen-in-the-summer-of-1962/

sssshhsssssssssss you cant unfreeze the political minds of zombies grrr Wink 

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Dr Mazlowski makes the prediction in seven years there is a 75% probability that the ice cap will be gone based on HIS data.   Not five years and 100% certainty.   You show snow in Egypt, and that falls completely within the extremes of weather during a climate change.   Get your facts right, and then pretend that climate is not getting goofy.   What is the big deal of controlling pollution and carbon levels like we controlled sulfur dioxide......it made a huge difference, and we can produce electricity from renewable generation which is growing as we speak.........but the polluters need a shill.  Thankfully the fish have recovered in the Northeast lakes and streams once we decided to take tons of sulfur dioxide out of emissions......and once we take the carbon out.......and have windmills, solar, natural gas, and the new nuclear we can hope the genie is not already out of the bottle.
FIVE YEARS AGO… Al Gore Predicted the North Pole Will Be Ice Free in 5 Years...OOPS! HystericallyLaughingmanandboy

Who could make this stuff up?  The Global Warming zealots keep moving the goal posts and can't figure why no one takes them seriously.

First the sky was falling because of GLOBAL WARMING...then when that went down the tubes due to the FACTS and massive SCANDALS, they went with CLIMATE CHANGE.  Well, that's a safe bet, the CLIMATE has been changing for BILLIONS OF YEARS.  Maybe 2seaoat has something though...now he's calling it...GOOFY CLIMATE.  Something we've had for BILLIONS OF YEARS too.

2seaoat, PLEASE share with us all how much the PERCENTAGE of CO2 has increased in our atmosphere in say the past 150 years.  That should be simple for you.

While you're demonstrating your superior knowledge, please share with us what every green plant on earth emits AT NIGHT.

Was it all the coal power plants and SUV's during the Middle Ages which caused Global Warming?  You know when the Vikings established colonies in Greenland where they planted crops and raised herds of animals.  That allowed the Viking ships to provision their ships on their way to North America.

Now take us one step further.  What makes you Global Warming disciples so incredibly arrogant that you believe man, man alone, can change the Earths climate?  Aside from a nuclear holocaust, I can't see that happening.  That is tantamount to a single ant, on a giant tree floating down the Mississippi River changing the direction the tree is drifting.

Share with us what sense it makes that we "capture" the CO2 from a power plant, then somehow bury it...while everything green on earth is producing CO2?  Should we cut down millions of trees then pave the area so more grass and trees don't grow back?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

As long as the go to people on climate change are Gore and Limbaugh, a politician and a glorified disk jockey, I give up on trying to separate truth from bullshit.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:As long as the go to people on climate change are Gore and Limbaugh,  a politician and a glorified disk jockey,  I give up on trying to separate truth from bullshit.

So, once again, you've got nothing.  Typical.

Aside from you, who has mentioned Rush Limbaugh?

2seaoat

http://www.edf.org/human-activity-causing-global-warming

This sure makes sense, and most scientist agree, but heck.....you think cutting down trees and pouring more carbon pollution into our atmosphere is a good thing.....I think I will side on caution and not risk my grandchildren's future on something we can actually reduce and make our world cleaner and safer. I support the expansion of wind, solar, natural gas, and new nuclear.

2seaoat

Mr. Markle,

The link said this:
Though natural amounts of CO2 have varied from 180 to 300 parts per million (ppm), today's CO2 levels are around 400 ppm. That's 40% more than the highest natural levels over the past 800,000 years.

I think the scientist are saying you are full of chit. The fuse is getting short if we do not effect change.  bom 

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Mr. Markle,

The link said this:
Though natural amounts of CO2 have varied from 180 to 300 parts per million (ppm), today's CO2 levels are around 400 ppm. That's 40% more than the highest natural levels over the past 800,000 years.

I think the scientist are saying you are full of chit.  The fuse is getting short if we do not effect change.   bom 

Once again, typical of the Progressives and Global Warming disciples, you opted to answer a question WHICH WAS NOT ASKED.

For your convenience...now try again.

2seaoat, PLEASE share with us all how much the PERCENTAGE of CO2 has increased in our atmosphere in say the past 150 years.  That should be simple for you.

While you're demonstrating your superior knowledge, please share with us what every green plant on earth emits AT NIGHT.

Was it all the coal power plants and SUV's during the Middle Ages which caused Global Warming?  You know when the Vikings established colonies in Greenland where they planted crops and raised herds of animals.  That allowed the Viking ships to provision their ships on their way to North America.

Now take us one step further.  What makes you Global Warming disciples so incredibly arrogant that you believe man, man alone, can change the Earths climate?  Aside from a nuclear holocaust, I can't see that happening.  That is tantamount to a single ant, on a giant tree floating down the Mississippi River changing the direction the tree is drifting.

Share with us what sense it makes that we "capture" the CO2 from a power plant, then somehow bury it...while everything green on earth is producing CO2?  Should we cut down millions of trees then pave the area so more grass and trees don't grow back?

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:http://www.edf.org/human-activity-causing-global-warming

This sure makes sense, and most scientist agree, but heck.....you think cutting down trees and pouring more carbon pollution into our atmosphere is a good thing.....I think I will side on caution and not risk my grandchildren's future on something we can actually reduce and make our world cleaner and safer.  I support the expansion of wind, solar, natural gas, and new nuclear.

Why care about your grandchildren about something you can do NOTHING about and ignore that which you can.  Yeah, that makes sense...in some parallel universe.

So put out the fire in your fireplace and don't think about China building one new, ultra-sophisticated clean burning COAL power plant a month.

Doesn't India also have a huge population with expanding needs for power?  What is the fuel used for the majority of power generation in India?  How about South Africa?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:

This sure makes sense, and most scientist agree, but heck.....you think cutting down trees and pouring more carbon pollution into our atmosphere is a good thing.....I think I will side on caution and not risk my grandchildren's future on something we can actually reduce and make our world cleaner and safer.  I support the expansion of wind, solar, natural gas, and new nuclear.

Why care about your grandchildren about something you can do NOTHING about and ignore that which you can.  Yeah, that makes sense...in some parallel universe.

So put out the fire in your fireplace and don't think about China building one new, ultra-sophisticated clean burning COAL power plant a month.
Doesn't India also have a huge population with expanding needs for power?  What is the fuel used for the majority of power generation in India?  How about South Africa?

I am no global warming alarmist, but there is no such thing as an "...ultra-sophisticated clean-burning coal power plant..." All you need to do is see a photo of China's smog to know this truth.

FIVE YEARS AGO… Al Gore Predicted the North Pole Will Be Ice Free in 5 Years...OOPS! China%20smog%202013%20FL8%20biz%20distr

Chinese airliner pilots can no longer see the runways while on final aproach at Chinese airports, and must do instrument approaches down to approach minimums before the runway appears. That is BAD smog.

The U.S. is exporting more coal than it has in decades. Nice to have a commodity to export for a change. But, we are simply exporting the pollution our coal causes to China and India. Their problem, not ours...

I couldn't help myself with this one. It is so much fun to deconstruct Markles "facts."
 Razz

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:

I am no global warming alarmist, but there is no such thing as an "...ultra-sophisticated clean-burning coal power plant..." All you need to do is see a photo of China's smog to know this truth.

FIVE YEARS AGO… Al Gore Predicted the North Pole Will Be Ice Free in 5 Years...OOPS! China%20smog%202013%20FL8%20biz%20distr

Chinese airliner pilots can no longer see the runways while on final aproach at Chinese airports, and must do instrument approaches down to approach minimums before the runway appears. That is BAD smog.

The U.S. is exporting more coal than it has in decades. Nice to have a commodity to export for a change. But, we are simply exporting the pollution our coal causes to China and India. Their problem, not ours...

I couldn't help myself with this one. It is so much fun to deconstruct Markles "facts."
 :PAnd I

As you know, there are very clean burning, very sophisticated coal power plants.

As you SHOULD KNOW but obviously do not, the majority of smog in Chinese cities comes from their manufacturing plants.

So...in your school of "thought"...the air in China stays in China, the air in India and stays in India.  How exactly does that work with the climate and weather?  Are there invisible walls surrounding these countries going up miles into the air?  Must be a well kept secret.

Unlike you and the other DESPERATE PROGRESSIVES, I don't resort to childish personal attacks.  I don't have to but it is obvious why you do.

Keep up the good work!

2seaoat

Sorry Mr. Markle......man has decimated the rain forests at the same time we have poured carbon into the atmosphere. As to your percentage question, it is moot and the link showing the 800k year history of carbon tells the whole story. Science is not on your side. Z's photos tell you about the clean coal burning power generation in China and India........Texas and Iowa are generating 20% of their energy with wind.....and we need to immediately reward clean energy and make dirty energy pay a tax.........You are right about one thing.....with India and China it may be too late for man.......we must take the lead. I used to laugh at global warming as a geology minor in college. I no longer laugh. The science is here. The deforestation is the critical tipping point in my opinion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum