Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you could temporarily be any other person in the world at any time in history, who would you be?

+5
Telstar
Vikingwoman
RealLindaL
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Celebrating July the 3rd.  A little mellower version of July the 4th.  

To celebrate it,  I've chosen the song written by Katharine Lee Bates and church organist and choirmaster Samuel A. Ward.
I've chosen this song because it was originally entitled "Pikes Peak".  I walked on the top of Pikes Peak for the first time about 10 days ago.  What an unbelievable sight to behold.  

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Pikes Peak is the most visited mountain in North America and the 2nd most visited in the world behind Mt. Fuji in Japan.
It was named after Zebulon Pike but he never actually set foot on the mountain.
It is the western border of the Great Plains. In the valley at it's base sits the Garden of the Gods.

If you could temporarily be any other person in the world at any time in history,  who would you be? - Page 2 Pikes_peak

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I would want to be a jet fighter pilot. Yes, I still have a little bit of that still in me. I was born with the aviation-bug, and in retirement, I still follow military aviation very closely.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

I don't know that I'd want to be any other person.

I'm pretty damn happy in my own skin.

Vikingwoman

SheWrites wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Aristotle was a sexual turn on......who knew you were a kinky lady.   She was a sweet class act who really never wanted all the hoopla of politics.  Her daughter is a sweetheart and it breaks my heart the tragedy she has had to bear.

There had to be a reason Jackie O put up w/ John Kennedy and all his dalliances? Hillary has taken a lot of heat for staying w/ Bill but Jackie is regarded as a saint. No doubt she married Onassis for his money. How else could you look at a frog everyday?

Rolling Eyes Amazing that I pick a strong woman, educated, did well in her field of literature, a philanthropist and the both of you want to focus on the two men in her life.  

Rolling Eyes

What did Jackie O actually accomplish besides redecorating the White House? She wasn't even qualified to be an editor but got because of her name. She wasn't a philanthropist either. When she died she was leaving some money to charity but her estate was 5 million short after taxes so that never happened. So other than being an attractive wife of an assassinated President who wore Chanel suits and married an old rich guy what did she do?

2seaoat

Dreams.....have to agree, I had seen where she was considered the original stepford wife like an ornament in a political campaign, and her choice of Aristotle confirmed the same.......and I can guarantee you if Trump was not running, She Writes would vote for anybody but Hillary Clinton. Yet, despite her stepford wife syndrome.....she really was a sweet, kind, intelligent woman who was born into this world too early to meet her full potential. Hillary Clinton has never baked cookies or played that role.....she has accomplished much for little girls.....Jackie......not so much as her family had been up to their neck in Boston politics where a woman was a decoration on her husband's political career......I think she write is just being ridiculous to suggest otherwise. Very Happy

2seaoat wrote:Dreams.....have to agree, I had seen where she was considered the original stepford wife like an ornament in a political campaign, and her choice of Aristotle confirmed the same.......and I can guarantee you if Trump was not running, She Writes would vote for anybody but Hillary Clinton.   Yet, despite her stepford wife syndrome.....she really was a sweet, kind, intelligent woman who was born into this world too early to meet her full potential.  Hillary Clinton has never baked cookies or played that role.....she has accomplished much for little girls.....Jackie......not so much as her family had been up to their neck in Boston politics where a woman was a decoration on her husband's political career......I think she write is just being ridiculous to suggest otherwise. Very Happy

Please don't assume my political leaning nor who I will or will not vote. You are not omniscient.

Bored much?

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:Dreams.....have to agree, I had seen where she was considered the original stepford wife like an ornament in a political campaign, and her choice of Aristotle confirmed the same.......and I can guarantee you if Trump was not running, She Writes would vote for anybody but Hillary Clinton.   Yet, despite her stepford wife syndrome.....she really was a sweet, kind, intelligent woman who was born into this world too early to meet her full potential.  Hillary Clinton has never baked cookies or played that role.....she has accomplished much for little girls.....Jackie......not so much as her family had been up to their neck in Boston politics where a woman was a decoration on her husband's political career......I think she write is just being ridiculous to suggest otherwise. Very Happy

Oh and btw, when her husband was assassinated she didn't try to help him. She bolted out of the car via the trunk and left his ass there bleeding w/ a head wound.

Sal

Sal

Vikingwoman wrote:

Oh and btw, when her husband was assassinated she didn't try to help him. She bolted out of the car via the trunk and left his ass there bleeding w/ a head wound.

Now, that's unfair.

He didn't just have a head wound.

His head literally exploded.

She was covered in blood and brain matter.

No one has the right to second guess another person's reaction to such a devastating shock.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:I don't know that I'd want to be any other person.

That's why I added the word "temporarily".
I wouldn't want to live on top of Pikes Peak either. But being there temporarily was a great experience.
Most elaborate tourist gift shop of any place on earth including disney with only the exception of Panama City Beach, and on top of a mountain, who'da thunkit.

Vikingwoman

Uh uh. He was still alive w/ a chunk of his head blown off. She ran.

RealLindaL

Salinsky wrote:I don't know that I'd want to be any other person.

Well, I'm glad you said it first, Sal, because I haven't been able to come up with anyone else I'd rather be, either -- even if only for a short time.  

Now, that said, I wouldn't mind having someone else's slim and lovely figure.  But if I got it, no way would I ever be givin' it back.     Smile

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

I wouldn't want to live on top of Pikes Peak either.  But being there temporarily was a great experience.  
Most elaborate tourist gift shop of any place on earth including disney with only the exception of Panama City Beach,  and on top of a mountain,  who'da thunkit.  

O.K., then I'll go with Leonardo da Vinci.

RealLindaL

Salinsky wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:

Now, that's unfair.

He didn't just have a head wound.

His head literally exploded.

She was covered in blood and brain matter.

No one has the right to second guess another person's reaction to such a devastating shock.

Have to agree with Sal on this one, whether or not JFK's head actually "exploded".   Further, my memory is that Secret Service (or someone) was yelling at the shocked Jackie, extending a hand and urging her to get the hell out of there.  

I do agree with Viking that Jackie's overall life's accomplishments seemed pretty minimal at best.  Each to her own choice, however.

Last edited by RealLindaL on 7/3/2016, 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

Please don't assume my political leaning

This forum like footprints in the sand or snow does not require much assumption from the things we have all written......

2seaoat wrote:Please don't assume my political leaning

This forum like footprints in the sand or snow does not require much assumption from the things we have all written......

Who am I voting for, Seaoat?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:

I can't argue with that choice. The real life Jonathan Goldsmith.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

A footprint doesn't reveal what's inside a mind.  Just shoe size.

2seaoat

Who am I voting for, Seaoat?

Your new grandchild.....as each of us should.

RealLindaL

Bob wrote:

A footprint doesn't reveal what's inside a mind.  Just shoe size.

lol!

RealLindaL

Salinsky wrote:
Bob wrote:

I wouldn't want to live on top of Pikes Peak either.  But being there temporarily was a great experience.  
Most elaborate tourist gift shop of any place on earth including disney with only the exception of Panama City Beach,  and on top of a mountain,  who'da thunkit.  

OH, OK, then, I'll pick Joan Baez during the Folk Scare Era, if only so I could pick up her folk guitar fingering/picking technique, then bring it back to me.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If you're picking Joan Biaz, I have to pick Ray Davies just one more time.
This one very fitting for a sunny afternoon. And to remind them who whipped whose butt on July 4th.

2seaoat

Duh....double duh.....footprints in the snow or sand are directional like politics, but I am glad we have a couple of CSI scholars who think you can glance at a snow path or sand path and determine the weight, shoe size, and politics of the person......a path in the snow and sand like politics is directional telling you generally the direction from where you have come, and where you are going.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Now this one is downright unusual.  Just shows you how enough adrenaline can block out pain.  
I know, this aint the David Lee Roth we remember but we aint beauty contestants anymore either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum