Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FOX’S CHRIS WALLACE TO ROBERT GIBBS: OBAMA ‘HAS TIME FOR WHOOPI GOLDBERG, BUT HE DOESN’T HAVE TIME FOR WORLD LEADERS?’

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

VectorMan

VectorMan

Senior Obama campaign adviser Robert Gibbs on Sunday defended the president‘s plan to appear on ABC’s “The View” while skipping any private meetings with world leaders gathered in New York this week for the United Nations General Assembly.

Appearing on “Fox News Sunday,“ Gibbs told host Chris Wallace he has ”no problem” with Obama’s decision to swap one-on-one meetings with his foreign counterparts for a joint appearance with first lady Michelle Obama on the daytime talk show. The Associated Press described such sessions as “where much of the U.N. works gets done” and said Obama was leaving Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to handle more of them.

“You say that he’s got schedules, that foreign leaders have schedules,” Wallace said. “He has time for Whoopi Goldberg but he doesn’t have time for world leaders?”

Gibbs, the former White House press secretary, insisted Obama would be “actively involved” in the U.N. proceedings, to which Wallace said Obama was “giving a speech.”

“Chris, they have telephones in the White House,” Gibbs said. “Last week, he talked to the president of Egypt. He talked to the leader in Libya. We don’t need a meeting in Washington just to confer with leaders. We’ve got a strong — ”

“But he does need the time to be on ‘The View’?” Wallace interjected.

Attempting to flip the conversation, Gibbs said he was sure that if the president was doing an interview with him on Fox, Wallace would “have no problem with that.”

“Well, he hasn’t, but that’s not the point,” Wallace countered. Asking whether Gibbs truly has no problem with Obama’s plan, Gibbs replied in the affirmative.

“Chris, you’re the president of the United States every minute of every day,” Gibbs said. “This isn’t just about one meeting on one particular day in New York. The president is actively involved and engaged in the most dangerous place in the world every single day of the week.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/foxs-chris-wallace-to-robert-gibbs-obama-has-time-for-whoopi-goldberg-but-he-doesnt-have-time-for-world-leaders/

Bebe wants us to go to war. I don't blame Obama for not meeting w/ him.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Dreamsglore wrote:Bebe wants us to go to war. I don't blame Obama for not meeting w/ him.

Absolutely.... Netanyahu is dangerous to world peace. He is a loose cannon, and I hope Obama does everything in his power to prevent a unilateral and preemptive assault on Iran.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Fox News is not representing American interests.....I think they are bought and paid for......war with Iran is a done deal if they have their way.....it is obvious. Now with Citizens United, any foreign country can buy an election, and buy our military to fight their battles. America may have a strong and long standing alliance with Israel, but we have different interests, and we need to start looking for what is best for America. The full court pressure is on America to jump when dictated to......in another day and age this would be the issue...

2seaoat wrote:Fox News is not representing American interests.....I think they are bought and paid for......war with Iran is a done deal if they have their way.....it is obvious. Now with Citizens United, any foreign country can buy an election, and buy our military to fight their battles. America may have a strong and long standing alliance with Israel, but we have different interests, and we need to start looking for what is best for America. The full court pressure is on America to jump when dictated to......in another day and age this would be the issue...

Looks like Iran is ready to rumble....

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/23/us-iran-nuclear-israel-preemptive-idUSBRE88M09C20120923

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Bebe wants us to go to war. I don't blame Obama for not meeting w/ him.

Absolutely.... Netanyahu is dangerous to world peace. He is a loose cannon, and I hope Obama does everything in his power to prevent a unilateral and preemptive assault on Iran.

Your current POTUS is already a danger to world peace. Just look at his masterful job of encouraging the Muslim Brotherhood over the last year and see how the ME is on fire.....

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Your current POTUS is already a danger to world peace. Just look at his masterful job of encouraging the Muslim Brotherhood over the last year and see how the ME is on fire.....

Republican bullshit as usual.

Dreamsglore wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Republican bullshit as usual.

No, facts....most things that Democrats like to ignore. Remember, he was supposed to make us more respected around the world. We're about as respected as a benjo ditch in Okinawa right about now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum