Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Democrats sit-in for gun safety -- the politics of fraud!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

What's evident about the congressional fiasco on gun control, and the weak-kneed sit-in of frustrated, demonstrating democrats, faced by resolute uncompromising republicans, is the sheer inadequacy and dysfunctionalism of our congressional establishment, on both sides.

All that was proved is that the democrats are locked into continuing their failing policies of being irrationally weak when faced with opposition, and the republicans with another demonstration of my-way-or-the-highway.

The passionate supporters of Trump and Sanders are in lock-step about hating Washington's dysfunctionalism. No wonder.

The following article presents what's really wrong in a brilliant, hard hitting style.

It's clear nobody won the latest round of gun control vs. NRA puppets. But we all know who the losers are: Us. Again.

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/37616-democrats-politics-of-fraud-produces-no-more-gun-safety

Sal

Sal

That was piece was really ignorant about the way our government functions and/or malfunctions.

The Democrats in Congress are in the minority when it comes to the issue of gun safety due to the stranglehold of the NRA.

But, public opinion is strongly in favor of the measures they are proposing.

Forcing the Republicans to refuse to vote or vote against these popular measures is smart politics because it will heighten their vulnerability to electoral defeat.

Of course, when the Democrats gain enough power to enact such legislation, they will obviously have the power to enact even stronger measures.

I'm pro stalemate. The less the govt can expand it's controls and diminish the rights of lawful citizens the better. When we see bipartisanship we should know we're getting screwed. Like the iraq and astan wars and trade deals and the patriot act and the ndaa. We need them cooperating like we need a hole in our head.

Salinsky wrote:

Like public opinion matters at all when leftists cram something like obamacaid down our throats. What a fucking hypocrite.

You assholes just want what you thing you want and don't give a damn what means are used to achieve it.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Like public opinion matters at all

Public opinion tends to matter quite a lot in elections, Dilbert.

gatorfan

Salinsky wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Like public opinion matters at all

Public opinion tends to matter quite a lot in elections, Dilbert.

Not anymore. Catering to big money interests and re-election are at the top of the "important stuff" list to the current crop of boneheads in Congress.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Salinsky wrote:That was piece was really ignorant about the way our government functions and/or malfunctions.

The Democrats in Congress are in the minority when it comes to the issue of gun safety due to the stranglehold of the NRA.

Forcing the Republicans to refuse to vote or vote against these popular measures is smart politics because it will heighten their vulnerability to electoral defeat.

Of course, when the Democrats gain enough power to enact such legislation, they will obviously have the power to enact even stronger measures.

We agree the democrats are the minority, but the issues they were pushing yesterday would achieve almost nothing in defraying terrorists from legally buying an AR. I'm dying to see the democrats take a hard stand on anything ... they apparently have no spine. They could learn from their opponents on this issue!

Sal

Sal

Wordslinger wrote:]We agree the democrats are the minority, but the issues they were pushing yesterday would achieve almost nothing in defraying terrorists from legally buying an AR.  I'm dying to see the democrats take a hard stand on anything ... they apparently have no spine.  They could learn from their opponents on this issue!

The goal is to break the stranglehold the NRA has on Congress.

The proposed measures enjoy overwhelming public support.

It is smart politics to force the Republicans to go on record by voting against or refusing to vote on even the weakest legislation.

All avenues forward are blocked unless the Democrats can obtain more power.

If they can obtain more power, you will see better legislation.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Salinsky wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:]We agree the democrats are the minority, but the issues they were pushing yesterday would achieve almost nothing in defraying terrorists from legally buying an AR.  I'm dying to see the democrats take a hard stand on anything ... they apparently have no spine.  They could learn from their opponents on this issue!

The goal is to break the stranglehold the NRA has on Congress.

The proposed measures enjoy overwhelming public support.

It is smart politics to force the Republicans to go on record by voting against or refusing to vote on even the weakest legislation.

All avenues forward are blocked unless the Democrats can obtain more power.

If they can obtain more power, you will see better legislation.

Your points are valid. However, I don't trust the democratic establishment anymore than the republican one. The survey sent to me by Debbie Wasserman Shultz asking my opinions on which issues are most important, omits any mention of campaign finance reform.

More than a few dozen other issues were there for me to rate.

I don't trust Hillary or shultz or the democratic establishment. They are as corrupt because of illegal campaign financing as the republicans.

Guantanimo is still open. We are still fighting wars we have no intention of winning in the MidEast and elsewhere. We are still funding a corrupt MIC and Pentagon, and Hillary is very much a war hawk. Single payer healthcare is the best choice for America and Hillary swears she can fix Obamacare which is nothing but a slot machine paying off insurers and drug manufacturers.

Why the hell should we trust the democratic or republican establishment? They got us where we are!

Sal

Sal

Wordslinger wrote:Your points are valid.  However, I don't trust the democratic establishment anymore than the republican one.  The survey sent to me by Debbie Wasserman Shultz asking my opinions on which issues are most important, omits any mention of campaign finance reform.

I don't trust Hillary or shultz or the democratic establishment.  They are as corrupt because of illegal campaign financing as the republicans.  

Guantanimo is still open.  We are still fighting wars we have no intention of winning in the MidEast and elsewhere.  We are still funding a corrupt MIC and Pentagon, and Hillary is very much a war hawk.  Single payer healthcare is the best choice for America and Hillary swears she can fix Obamacare which is nothing but a slot machine paying off insurers and drug manufacturers.

Why the hell should we trust the democratic or republican establishment?  They got us where we are!

All I can suggest is that you keep an open mind and actually listen to what Clinton is saying.

The primary is over, and this is when everyone predicted she would be pivoting hard to the center.

Hasn't happened.

She's tracking further to the left.

Take heart.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Salinsky wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Your points are valid.  However, I don't trust the democratic establishment anymore than the republican one.  The survey sent to me by Debbie Wasserman Shultz asking my opinions on which issues are most important, omits any mention of campaign finance reform.

I don't trust Hillary or shultz or the democratic establishment.  They are as corrupt because of illegal campaign financing as the republicans.  

Guantanimo is still open.  We are still fighting wars we have no intention of winning in the MidEast and elsewhere.  We are still funding a corrupt MIC and Pentagon, and Hillary is very much a war hawk.  Single payer healthcare is the best choice for America and Hillary swears she can fix Obamacare which is nothing but a slot machine paying off insurers and drug manufacturers.

Why the hell should we trust the democratic or republican establishment?  They got us where we are!

All I can suggest is that you keep an open mind and actually listen to what Clinton is saying.

The primary is over, and this is when everyone predicted she would be pivoting hard to the center.

Hasn't happened.

She's tracking further to the left.

Take heart.

I'd like to do that, the problem is, I see her a superb, long term member of the elite and the establishment. As I said, I don't care whether the establishment is democrat or republian -- either side is dominated by corrupt campaign financing. Ut us they who drove the bus to where we are in America today -- chaos, racist hatred, elitist oligarchy, fighting nameless, unending wars we never intend to win.

Sal, I'd really like to have faith in Hillary -- but I don't.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum