Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

O.J.: Made in America

+2
RealLindaL
Sal
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 2:16 am

RealLindaL

And actually, as previously stated, I didn't say Glenn Beck knew whether or not OJ was guilty.  I said Glenn had recently reported that a friend of OJ's thought OJ was going to confess to the murders.   And I said I wasn't holding my breath, which I'm definitely not after reading more about this.  Turns out the "friend" was Ron Shipp, and here's one report -- what he apparently told Vanity Fair in an interview after this was reported elsewhere (warning: page is slow loading, at least it was for me):

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/06/ron-shipp-oj-simpson-trial

Apparently Shipp claims no knowledge of any plan by OJ to confess, but only "hopes" he will someday.   Per the Vanity Fair interview:

I just think that one of these days, I’m hoping he has whatever his mom taught him spiritually, and he’ll say, “This is what I did. Forgive me.”

27O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 10:33 am

2seaoat

Viking is 100% right here.

No. I had reasonable doubt when watching the evidence, and I still have reasonable doubt. The alternative theory which I posted the link where OJ is covering for his son is viable, but I honestly was waiting for the prosecution to remove my doubt, and they never did it......but I am not surprised at all that some would think they met their burden......last time I checked, the jury agreed. NOT GUILTY. The rest is simple speculation......100% at least you are consistent.

28O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 10:56 am

2seaoat

Where was the bloody clothing? Where was the murder weapon? Where was the blood in OJ's house? Where was the quantity of blood which the scene required in the vehicle? Why were the blood samples not booked right away? Mark Furman.....really you trusted him, and it was those detectives who did not book the blood right away? why? But if it was just slow.....but there were missing blood samples, why? Furman had a stellar reputation when dealing with minorities, so why would a jury question his credibility? snooping around lone wolf style without a warrant after repeatedly referring to blacks as niggers....why would anyone have reasonable doubt on this witness? all alone without authority, and presto he finds a bloody glove? really, no reasonable doubt.....I guess a racist cop has been shown to be a hero to some......but not to that jury who had reasonable doubt.......oh and that bloody glove.....you think if you were going to center your case on a racist cop who jumped off the reservation and went without warrant or authority and found a glove which did not fit, but he was a black celebrity and all this evidence in real time over SIX MONTHS of bumbling proved that he was 100% guilty.......kinda like commissioner May was 100% guilty driving in his neighborhood......how about a big NOT.

Please show me this evidence which can overcome what I just posted, I am all ears and the prosecution lost me long before the glove.....they muddled the DNA, and almost all the other evidence smelled of planted evidence by corrupt cops.......now if OJ did it, prosecutors have to build a case in chief which is able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.....they failed in real time, and now the Monday morning QBs and sports writers with their new series, mean nothing if incompetence presented the case.

29O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 11:12 am

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Where was the bloody clothing?  Where was the murder weapon?  Where was the blood in OJ's house?   Where was the quantity of blood which the scene required in the vehicle?  Why were the blood samples not booked right away?  Mark Furman.....really you trusted him, and it was those detectives who did not book the blood right away?   why?  But if it was just slow.....but there were missing blood samples, why?  Furman had a stellar reputation when dealing with minorities, so why would a jury question his credibility?  snooping around lone wolf style without a warrant after repeatedly referring to blacks as niggers....why would anyone have reasonable doubt on this witness?  all alone without authority, and presto he finds a bloody glove?   really, no reasonable doubt.....I guess a racist cop has been shown to be a hero to some......but not to that jury who had reasonable doubt.......oh and that bloody glove.....you think if you were going to center your case on a racist cop who jumped off the reservation and went without warrant or authority and found a glove which did not fit, but he was a black celebrity and all this evidence in real time over SIX MONTHS of bumbling proved that he was 100% guilty.......kinda like commissioner May was 100% guilty driving in his neighborhood......how about a big NOT.

Please show me this evidence which can overcome what I just posted, I am all ears and the prosecution lost me long before the glove.....they muddled the DNA, and almost all the other evidence smelled of planted evidence by corrupt cops.......now if OJ did it, prosecutors have to build a case in chief which is able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.....they failed in real time, and now the Monday morning QBs and sports writers with their new series, mean nothing if incompetence presented the case.

As I've often told Markle, dissection of bullshit is a fool's errand.

And, you've just left a steaming pile.

Have fun playing in it.

30O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 11:19 am

2seaoat

If he was found guilty with competent prosecution, I would agree, but it appears the bull chit is the speculation of Monday QBs who have yet more theories which do not change the truth.......he was found not guilty. He will NEVER face double prosecution......sorry but you need to find some hard candy.

31O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 11:22 am

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:If he was found guilty with competent prosecution, I would agree, but it appears the bull chit is the speculation of Monday QBs who have yet more theories which do not change the truth.......he was found not guilty.  He will NEVER face double prosecution......sorry but you need to find some hard candy.

Who cares?

He's in prison, weighs 350 lbs, and is losing his marbles at an alarming rate.

Karma is a bitch.

32O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 11:26 am

2seaoat

Who cares?

He's in prison, weighs 350 lbs, and is losing his marbles at an alarming rate.

Karma is a bitch.

You care...you started the thread, and of course he would gain weight not running in airports to get his rental car..........

33O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 11:33 am

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:
You care...you started the thread, and of course he would gain weight not running in airports to get his rental car..........

Maybe, I should clarify.

I don't care that he won't be prosecuted again under the principle of double jeopardy.

That's the system.

This thread was regarding an excellent documentary regarding the saga.

You are the one who started with the blizzard of bullshit.

And, I don't care about THAT either.

Oh, and ... case in chief ...

Hahahahahaha ...

34O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 12:04 pm

2seaoat

One more OJ series, article, or documentary......as you say hahahahahahaha.

That failed case in chief remains.........hahahahahahah

35O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 12:29 pm

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:

That failed case in chief remains.....

Yes Seaoat, that's a fact.

As you might say, "double duh".

But, the scope of the story is so much more than that, and that is what the documentary illustrates so beautifully.

You know, you could actually watch the series (it's no doubt available on the internetz) and perhaps add something substantive to the discussion.

Or, you can always continue to troll in ignorance.

You seem quite adept at that lately.

36O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 12:45 pm

2seaoat

Yep, I listened to the author, a sports guy in interview, and the one thing I picked up was his uncertainty that OJ did it. I have listened to folks who said it was OJ's son, over and over again, one theory or another, but I answer all the replays..........I saw the game, and it is over. double duh......nothing changes by one more two bit authors giving their summary.....the trial is over, and the speculation will continue ad nausam, but the reasonable doubt where it mattered will not change. Sorry, some were in love with the mini series.....I want to puke, now you are selling another one which is better, and think after listening to the author speak about what he did, I am going to rush to view this masterpiece(most are saying it is incredibly well done), but I watched the trial in detail probably seeing close to half the trial in every detail, and sorry the state just F'd up and when that happens nothing can fix that F up......sorry......and one more expose.....a big yawn. You can tell me all about how wonderful a meal which was prepared and this wonderful food show which documents the same, but when the wait staff could not deliver the meal, that video is kinda silly, and having ate what was delivered, I do not need to see a video about the meal.....I ate it in real time......and it was awful.

37O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 1:08 pm

Sal

Sal

Man, you can be thicker than a brick.

What I'm trying to tell you is that the series is about more than the trial.

Much more.

They start with the Watts riots, detail the Rodney King verdict and its repercussions, and then chronicle how O.J. seemed to have transcended race until suddenly he didn't.

Hell, they didn't even get to the trial until the third episode, and then went into detail about everything that happened after the trial.

That's what made it so interesting.

But, by all means, continue to troll in ignorance.

It has become your M.O.

38O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 1:16 pm

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:.....kinda like commissioner May was 100% guilty driving in his neighborhood......how about a big NOT..

Yep, Sal, and adding to that steaming pile is sea's continuing insistence that I judged Lumon May "guilty driving in his neighborhood."  NO.  I NEVER SAID ANYTHING OF THE SORT.  What I judged him guilty of was bullying conduct unbecoming an elected official in my county.  PERIOD.   And I will stand by that judgment 'til the cows come home, whether he likes it or not.  

OJ was guilty and has practically told us so himself in innumerable ways -- things that any person with half a brain could understand.   But Sal's right; further argument is a fool's errand.   Sea will fight for the underdog no matter how sullied and nasty -- not to mention guilty -- that dog very obviously is.

Sea appears to have some deep-seated resentment of authority, and if I were forced to speculate I'd guess an overbearing, unreasonable, perhaps even abusive father figure somewhere in his life.  Just a guess, in an effort to understand his predictable implacability in the face of truth and logic.

39O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 1:24 pm

2seaoat

Sorry Sal I listened to the author talk about the precursor and the Watts riots and all the racial implications. It is all Bull chit to me, because nobody but experienced folks want to focus on the real failures of this case, not the soap opera it has become, so excuse me if I do not hop on the newest Paris Hilton rant or one more smoke screen for the failure.....folks want to point to black people on the jury doing an injustice by letting OJ go with a not guilty.....because that is the raw meat of racial America, but there is one universal truth......the state F'd up......the rest is just more soap opera to me, but I am disgusted that those who want to make this a racial pay back who think the nullification had anything to do with race.....it had to do with a clumsy incompetent 26 week case which any living jury would have rejected despite their race......get over it......it is done.

40O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 1:41 pm

2seaoat

Sea appears to have some deep-seated resentment of authority, and if I were forced to speculate I'd guess an overbearing, unreasonable, perhaps even abusive father figure somewhere in his life. Just a guess, in an effort to understand his predictable implacability in the face of truth and logic.

My father died when I was 10 and he was a gentle intelligent man who I would have given anything for him to have lived to fulfill your imaginary role. No, I am a constitutional scholar. At one point, I was going to teach the same in colleges before I made a career change. I have total respect for the document we call our constitution, and I understand our founding fathers concern about warrants and the tyranny of a standing army stopping citizens without authority and arresting or searching them. I understand our founding fathers faith in a fair trial of our peers, to protect us from standing armies and government abuses. Our founding fathers must have had father issues, or maybe they did not wear the blinders of a loyalist to the British Crown which you play that role very well on this forum. You see I have real world experiences of governmental abuse where people have been hurt by over reaching and lying authority. You live your life insulated on the beach where if you could find five black residents, or five hispanic residents I would be surprised. You chose to live in the plastic bubble, and I chose to fight on the front lines where you get down and dirty and you realize that not ALL authority is bad, but that some most certainly is. I have not said one word about OJ Simpson being innocent. I just stick to the belief that the state failed beyond a reasonable doubt to convict a defendant because of bumbling incompetence.......you from your bubble just saw one more black man being uppity.......get mad at me, but attacking OJ who was found not guilty, attacking commissioner May, and being a cheerleader for military air shows because they are good recruiting tools.....gee, as much as I love your intelligence, I think sometimes you are delusional on how your arguments appear......I am not delusional.....I am a prick who does not give a rat's tail to upset the status quo when it is the right thing to do. I know that the obnoxious persona I have created on this forum is just that, and I make no apologies for the same, because it makes folks in plastic bubbles to deal with contradictions. You are a good person. You are intelligent. and nothing I hope for you would be better than in your senior years to become enlightened.....not that my path is the right one, but the recognition of the bubble would be a good first step.

41O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 1:56 pm

Sal

Sal

Seatroll says the O.J. saga has nothing to do with race.

Hahahahahahaha ....

42O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 2:10 pm

2seaoat

The soap opera and hollywood have made it all about race, but knowledgeable people realize the trial was more about incompetent prosecution which bumbled presentation of evidence which created a reasonable doubt. In racial America the nullification became racial.........I argue the nullification was a threshold of intelligence.....this thread proves the same.

43O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 2:24 pm

Sal

Sal

Knowledgeable people know that over half the jurors had decided to acquit in retaliation for the Rodney King verdict before the trial was halfway through.

Knowledgeable people know that after an eight month trial, the jury deliberated for less than four hours, shocking even the defense team who had booked vacations.

But again, this documentary was about the entirety of the O.J. saga, not just the trial.

The case in chief regarding this thread has been made.

You made it yourself.

And, the verdict is you're full of shit.

44O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 2:35 pm

Vikingwoman

I don't know how you can be a constitutional scholar when you don't have the frigging common sense. As I said before the evidence in this case was unbelievable and you'll never have a case w/ as much evidence. For Oatie to fall for that planting evidence shit w/ all those people involved tells you he doesn't have the ability to discern any evidence when it comes to race. He simply is as blinded by seeing race as is any hardcore racist. In fact, it has become such a detriment in his perceptions he lives in an alternate reality.

45O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 2:43 pm

Vikingwoman

Salinsky wrote:Knowledgeable people know that over half the jurors had decided to acquit in retaliation for the Rodney King verdict before the trial was halfway through.

Knowledgeable people know that after an eight month trial, the jury deliberated for less than four hours, shocking even the defense team who had booked vacations.

But again, this documentary was about the entirety of the O.J. saga, not just the trial.

The case in chief regarding this thread has been made.

You made it yourself.

And, the verdict is you're full of shit.

Hell, one of the jurors even said that on TV! Not only is he full of shit but he borders on a shocking stupidity in face of all the evidence. I have a whole different outlook on his faculties.

46O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 2:53 pm

Vikingwoman

RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:.....kinda like commissioner May was 100% guilty driving in his neighborhood......how about a big NOT..

Yep, Sal, and adding to that steaming pile is sea's continuing insistence that I judged Lumon May "guilty driving in his neighborhood."  NO.  I NEVER SAID ANYTHING OF THE SORT.  What I judged him guilty of was bullying conduct unbecoming an elected official in my county.  PERIOD.   And I will stand by that judgment 'til the cows come home, whether he likes it or not.  

OJ was guilty and has practically told us so himself in innumerable ways -- things that any person with half a brain could understand.   But Sal's right; further argument is a fool's errand.   Sea will fight for the underdog no matter how sullied and nasty -- not to mention guilty -- that dog very obviously is.

Sea appears to have some deep-seated resentment of authority, and if I were forced to speculate I'd guess an overbearing, unreasonable, perhaps even abusive father figure somewhere in his life.  Just a guess, in an effort to understand his predictable implacability in the face of truth and logic.

Normally, I would argue w/ Oatie over this case but I can't even minimally bring myself to start. That's how profoundly shocked I am at his stance. Even OJ's closet friend and advocate Robert Kardashian finally admitted he was guilty.

47O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 3:03 pm

2seaoat

Sorry folks but understand how a jury works.........if 11 of 12 thought that OJ was an alien and not bound by our earthly laws, that one remaining juror could have hung the jury............there was no hung jury.....it was unanimous......not guilty.......please take this tired logic somewhere else. I do not know or care about speculation, I care about a totally botched prosecution......so botched that whites, males, females, and hispanics voted unanimously that the state failed to meet their burden. I agree.

48O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 3:32 pm

Sal

Sal

Vikingwoman wrote: Even OJ's closet friend and advocate Robert Kardashian finally admitted he was guilty.

Yes, and Robert Shapiro immediately following the verdict admitted that O.J.'s defense team played the race card "from the bottom of the deck".

But, Seatroll is not fooled.

He knows that race was not a factor because the jurors were black.

49O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 3:50 pm

2seaoat

Ten of the jurors were women.....were they fooled. nine of the jurors were black......were they fooled. Three of the jurors were white or hispanic were they fooled. Or did a jury give a unanimous not guilty, not because of a defense, but because of a botched prosecution. If one juror hung the jury, I would listen to this nonsense, but the entire jury nullified the state's case......I said after three weeks of the trial that the prosecution was botched and I had NEVER seen what was going on in Hollywood in any court in this country. Incompetence folks.........first and foremost.....the rest is background noise.

50O.J.: Made in America - Page 2 Empty Re: O.J.: Made in America 6/22/2016, 3:59 pm

2seaoat

If the defense did nothing, the jury would have nullified. 26 weeks of sitting through rookie cumulative evidence where a judge would not take control of the courtroom and allowed over and over again non relevant facts to take weeks of trial time, not by the weight of the evidence, but by the play to the camera. I doubt Sal watched four hours of the original trial and even recognized the utter incompetence......and now a documentary which introduces this trial to younger people is all powerful.....nope.....the trial filled that role, and there have been literally hundreds of articles, movies, and books which review the trial......but for folks who understand how a trial works.......it was utter incompetence which caused a nullification by the jury, and those of us who actually watched and could see the incompetence, the review of the same is just more hollywood for me......pure hollywood. race, sex, and the cult of personality, but the law and evidence......that was flushed down the toilet by incompetence.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum