Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

America first? Photos emerge of Trump-Pence 2020 campaign flags being made in China

+3
gatorfan
zsomething
Floridatexan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

And US flags, which are stacked on the floor.

America first? Photos emerge of Trump-Pence 2020 campaign flags being made in China AP_18207143753725

In classic con man fashion, the candidate and president who has sworn to bring manufacturing back to the United States isn’t making any attempt to start with his own campaign. In fact, as evidenced by these photos, the Trump campaign is actively getting their gear made in China. From the Associated Press description of the photo above:

A Chinese worker sews flags and banners for the U.S. President Donald Trump's 2020 presidential re-election campaign to be exported to the United States of America at a factory in Fuyang city, east China's Anhui province, 13 July 2018. The red, white and blue banners for U.S. President Donald Trump's second-term campaign are ready to ship, emblazoned with the words "Keep America Great!" But they are made in eastern China and soon could be hit by punitive tariffs of Trump's own making as he ratchets up a rancorous trade dispute with Beijing. At the Jiahao Flag Co Ltd in Anhui province, women operate sewing machines to hem the edges of "Trump 2020" flags the size of beach towels, while others fold and bundle them for delivery.

America first? Photos emerge of Trump-Pence 2020 campaign flags being made in China DjCJ2HLXgAAEGiW

"Workers make flags for U.S. President Donald Trump's Keep America Great! 2020 re-election campaign at Jiahao flag factory in Fuyang, Anhui province, China." (Aly Son/Reuters)

[...]

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/7/26/1783629/-America-first-Photos-emerge-of-Trump-Pence-2020-campaign-flags-being-made-in-China?detail=emaildkre

zsomething

No wonder Trump demands his followers just obey what he says and not believe what they see. If they did, he'd look terrible.

What's amazing is, Trump's been called out on this proclaiming-American-made-while-manufacturing-his-goods-elsewhere for years, and yet he still keeps doing it. He's got very sincere contempt for his cultists... he knows they'll blindly obey him so he doesn't even try to not be a hypocrite. Integrity isn't worth the money he'd save, because his fanbase doesn't care about it anyway.

gatorfan

Of course your biased "dailykos" article doesn't mention who ordered the flags. And their stuffy reference to flags on the floor shows their unbridled hypocrisy. Here we have liberal protesters burning flags, but that must be OK, right?

America first? Photos emerge of Trump-Pence 2020 campaign flags being made in China 3AE789DA00000578-0-image-a-9_1480586374721

America first? Photos emerge of Trump-Pence 2020 campaign flags being made in China Flag-burning

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

Floridatexan wrote:And US flags, which are stacked on the floor.

In classic con man fashion, the candidate and president who has sworn to bring manufacturing back to the United States isn’t making any attempt to start with his own campaign. In fact, as evidenced by these photos, the Trump campaign is actively getting their gear made in China. From the Associated Press description of the photo above:

A Chinese worker sews flags and banners for the U.S. President Donald Trump's 2020 presidential re-election campaign to be exported to the United States of America at a factory in Fuyang city, east China's Anhui province, 13 July 2018. The red, white and blue banners for U.S. President Donald Trump's second-term campaign are ready to ship, emblazoned with the words "Keep America Great!" But they are made in eastern China and soon could be hit by punitive tariffs of Trump's own making as he ratchets up a rancorous trade dispute with Beijing. At the Jiahao Flag Co Ltd in Anhui province, women operate sewing machines to hem the edges of "Trump 2020" flags the size of beach towels, while others fold and bundle them for delivery.

"Workers make flags for U.S. President Donald Trump's Keep America Great! 2020 re-election campaign at Jiahao flag factory in Fuyang, Anhui province, China." (Aly Son/Reuters)

[...]

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/7/26/1783629/-America-first-Photos-emerge-of-Trump-Pence-2020-campaign-flags-being-made-in-China?detail=emaildkre

These flags have probably not been ordered by anybody. Rather they are making them for prospective sale when the reelection campaign starts ramping up.  

This same company made flags & banners for the Hillary Clinton campaign as well.  They'll probably make them for the 2020 Democrat contenders as well. It's what they do.

Tens of millions will be supporting President Trump's reelection.  Pretty smart of this Chinese company to see that far ahead.  They're making them now because they know it's going to be a hot hot item.

This is like the whole nonsense about the MAGA caps.  The hats the campaign was selling were in fact Made in America.  Check Snopes if you don't believe me.  But there were lots of Chinese companies making hats and shipping them over here for sale in stores and various online vendors.   The demand was just so HUGE!

Last edited by ConservaLady on 7/27/2018, 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

This same company made flags & banners for the Hillary Clinton campaign as well. They'll probably make them for the 2020 Democrat contenders as well. It's what they do.

Please substantiate that claim. I believe you're lying. We already know the *resident is lying.

Floridatexan wrote:
This same company made flags & banners for the Hillary Clinton campaign as well.  They'll probably make them for the 2020 Democrat contenders as well. It's what they do.

Please substantiate that claim.  I believe you're lying.  We already know the *resident is lying.

While you're using a Kos link... lol.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Floridatexan wrote:

Please substantiate that claim.  I believe you're lying.  We already know the *resident is lying.

I too would be very surprised if any of Hillary's campaign materials were produced anywhere but in an American (Union) shop. Dems are quite proud of the "union made" symbol on their items.

Rather than tossing out the smoke screen of Daily Kos, PkrBum, how about some tangible proof?

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

othershoe1030 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I too would be very surprised if any of Hillary's campaign materials were produced anywhere but in an American (Union) shop. Dems are quite proud of the "union made" symbol on their items.

Rather than tossing out the smoke screen of Daily Kos, PkrBum, how about some tangible proof?

Li Jiang owns a factory that began to make flags after China became part of the World Trade Organization, according to an interview with Li on NPR's "The Indicator." The factory made products for both the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Trump campaign in 2016.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/05/politics/china-trade-trump-2020-flags/index.html

Do your own research people.  I shouldn't have to do everything for you.

("Lying" is a liberal thing, btw.)

MAGA !!!!

Telstar

Telstar

MAGA Mueller Ain't Going Away.

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

Telstar wrote:MAGA Mueller Ain't Going Away.

Mueller's got nothing on Trump. Because there's nothing there.

Deus X

Deus X

America first? Photos emerge of Trump-Pence 2020 campaign flags being made in China 6M38cGR

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

Deus X wrote:America first? Photos emerge of Trump-Pence 2020 campaign flags being made in China 6M38cGR

Does your mother know you're posting pictures of yourself on the internet?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

ConservaLady wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Li Jiang owns a factory that began to make flags after China became part of the World Trade Organization, according to an interview with Li on NPR's "The Indicator." The factory made products for both the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Trump campaign in 2016.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/05/politics/china-trade-trump-2020-flags/index.html

Do your own research people.  I shouldn't have to do everything for you.

("Lying" is a liberal thing, btw.)

MAGA !!!!

Typical right wing tactic that has worn so thin but apparently still used in many circles and used liberally by the President. Accuse the target of the moment of doing exactly what you are so blatantly doing on an ongoing basis.

America first? Photos emerge of Trump-Pence 2020 campaign flags being made in China ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi1.wp.com%2Fcdn.bipartisanreport.com%2Fwordpress%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F11%2FDonald-Trump-lies-chart

http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/11/05/

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/seattles-own-click-bait-news-site-serves-up-red-meat-for-liberals/

One of the websites that ended up on a widely shared list of fake news purveyors is run out of a house in Seattle.

Fake news is all the rage. It races across the internet and back while the truth is still pulling on its boots.

Websites that traffic in made-up stories or hyperpartisan slant suddenly have such reach that outgoing President Obama called on Americans this week to be wary of a rising “dust cloud of nonsense.”

One of the motes in this cloud, or at least drifting nearby, is run out of a house in Seattle’s Denny Blaine neighborhood. The founder of a site called Bipartisan Report — self-proclaimed as “the Internet’s largest newspaper” — agreed to talk to me about how click-bait news sites are changing media and American politics.

“We’re a legitimate news-media company,” says Justin Brotman, 34, son of the Costco co-founder Jeff Brotman. “We’re being attacked as ‘fake’ because traditional media is freaked out we can make more money than you, out of our basements.”

Bipartisan Report runs two or three dozen stories a day, most with truth-stretching headlines crafted to feed red meat to a liberal audience. Examples just from the past few days:

“BREAKING: 41 Attorney Generals Across America Move To SHUT DOWN Trump Foundation.”

“JUST IN: Republicans Announce ‘Muslim Burqa Ban’, The Insanity Has Begun.”

“BREAKING: Famous Lawyer Gloria Allred Drops MAJOR Trump Sexual Assault Announcement.”

All of these stories are tethered to something true, but exaggerate it or misconstrue it to the point of unrecognizability. Yes, there are questions about the Trump Foundation’s future, but no, 41 AGs did not move to shut it down. Yes, there is a legislator in the state of Georgia who did propose a bill to bar veils in public, but he was the only one (and he pulled the bill). As for Gloria Allred, she is a lawyer who represents some women who say they were groped by Donald Trump, but there was no breaking announcement about that month-old story this week.

“We fall into the click-baity category,” Brotman says.

Eleven writers craft the stories to gin up maximum liberal passion and outrage, as well as shares on Facebook and online clicks.

Brotman started the site in 2012 as a left-wing imitation of Fox News.

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

othershoe1030 wrote:

Typical right wing tactic that has worn so thin but apparently still used in many circles and used liberally by the President. Accuse the target of the moment of doing exactly what you are so blatantly doing on an ongoing basis.

It just kills you I blew the whole premise of this thread right out of the water with one link from a CNN article, doesn't it?

I bet it also just kills you that Donald Trump is President, Hillary Clinton is not, that President Trump will be re-elected, that he has appointed two well-qualified conservative Supreme Court Justices and will likely appoint two or three more, and that the economy is just roaring!

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

PkrBum wrote:

One of the websites that ended up on a widely shared list of fake news purveyors is run out of a house in Seattle.

Fake news is all the rage. It races across the internet and back while the truth is still pulling on its boots.

Websites that traffic in made-up stories or hyperpartisan slant suddenly have such reach that outgoing President Obama called on Americans this week to be wary of a rising “dust cloud of nonsense.”

The loony liberal leftist Democrats are in full panic mode!

You can see it right here on this little forum, as well as on all the national tv and internet news sights. It's kind of sad, in a way.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/seattles-own-click-bait-news-site-serves-up-red-meat-for-liberals/

One of the motes in this cloud, or at least drifting nearby, is run out of a house in Seattle’s Denny Blaine neighborhood. The founder of a site called Bipartisan Report — self-proclaimed as “the Internet’s largest newspaper” — agreed to talk to me about how click-bait news sites are changing media and American politics.

“We’re a legitimate news-media company,” says Justin Brotman, 34, son of the Costco co-founder Jeff Brotman. “We’re being attacked as ‘fake’ because traditional media is freaked out we can make more money than you, out of our basements.”

Bipartisan Report runs two or three dozen stories a day, most with truth-stretching headlines crafted to feed red meat to a liberal audience. Examples just from the past few days:

“BREAKING: 41 Attorney Generals Across America Move To SHUT DOWN Trump Foundation.”

“JUST IN: Republicans Announce ‘Muslim Burqa Ban’, The Insanity Has Begun.”

“BREAKING: Famous Lawyer Gloria Allred Drops MAJOR Trump Sexual Assault Announcement.”

All of these stories are tethered to something true, but exaggerate it or misconstrue it to the point of unrecognizability. Yes, there are questions about the Trump Foundation’s future, but no, 41 AGs did not move to shut it down. Yes, there is a legislator in the state of Georgia who did propose a bill to bar veils in public, but he was the only one (and he pulled the bill). As for Gloria Allred, she is a lawyer who represents some women who say they were groped by Donald Trump, but there was no breaking announcement about that month-old story this week.

“We fall into the click-baity category,” Brotman says.

Eleven writers craft the stories to gin up maximum liberal passion and outrage, as well as shares on Facebook and online clicks.

Brotman started the site in 2012 as a left-wing imitation of Fox News.

Well, the discussion continues re the facts shown from one news source over another. I must admit that I did not research the source of the chart I posted, my bad. I was relying on my own experience of hearing the president make things up out of thin air on a daily basis. This led me to think that the stats shown in the chart were most likely a real reflection of what he's said.
However, I will say this that even an unreliable site will sometimes get the data right. It is like the blind chicken getting some feed now and then. I have said this before. I think it is irresponsible to discount out of hand any information due solely on its source. For example the right leaning posters trashing instantly anything put out by Daily Kos or one of the other outlets they dislike. Likewise something from News Max or Fox, Infowars (not really) should at least be considered as just possibly having real merit...not always but the slim possibility does exist.

The problem is that there will always be some readers who refuse to believe any data especially something that cannot be completely and objectively evaluated.

Some trust must be put in the group offering the information. Reliable news organizations strive to maintain their reputations. They do not want to publish inaccurate information. When mistakes are made they are corrected. I would encourage people to rely on the proven outlets and continue to gather any information they can to validate what they are reading and hearing.

I know you probably won't like this source either but we need to start somewhere. This is a look at a different set of people and statements but I think it is interesting.

America first? Photos emerge of Trump-Pence 2020 campaign flags being made in China Blog_who_lies_more

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Before anyone gets upset about the Politifact chart above I would like to show this link showing them calling Hillary out on one of her statements, showing they are not all that one-sided.

https://www.politifact.com/pennsylvania/statements/2016/aug/01/hillary-clinton/hillary-clinton-went-overboard-calling-out-donald-/

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

ConservaLady wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

It just kills you I blew the whole premise of this thread right out of the water with one link from a CNN article, doesn't it?

Well, it is good to know that several years ago Hillary's campaign made a mistake and had some banners made up in China. It does not kill me to be made aware of that. The premise of this thread is not demolished, however since it was that Trump puts America first and the banners were just one example.  

I would hope that in the future no Democrat would make the same mistake. Dems do like to support union made items for their campaign gear. I personally remember some non-union buttons having been ordered for a recent dem. campaign and the person who ordered them was chastised for having done so.
Keep us posted if you find any evidence of non-American made campaign materials, okay?

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

othershoe1030 wrote:
ConservaLady wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Well, it is good to know that several years ago Hillary's campaign made a mistake and had some banners made up in China. It does not kill me to be made aware of that. The premise of this thread is not demolished, however since it was that Trump puts America first and the banners were just one example.  

I would hope that in the future no Democrat would make the same mistake. Dems do like to support union made items for their campaign gear. I personally remember some non-union buttons having been ordered for a recent dem. campaign and the person who ordered them was chastised for having done so.
Keep us posted if you find any evidence of non-American made campaign materials, okay?

Did you miss the part about the fact the Trump campaign did not order these banners to be made?  This Chinese company is making these banners of their own accord for prospective sale.

Maybe if Trump gets our unfair trade arrangements with China fixed some US companies will be able to make and sell such things competitively.  That's what he's trying to do in case you haven't been paying attention.  Then this Chinese company will be stuck with a bunch of campaign banners they can't sell competitively.

I don't mind if looney liberals have this mindless need to hate on Trump, it's the lying they do in the process of that I have a bit of a problem with and will call them out on.   (case in point:  the whole premise of this thread)

China just established a $15 living wage for humanitarian and social justice goals into the future utopia.

ya right... your ideology doesn't turn out that good

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum