Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Golfer Phil Mickelson Nailed by SEC for Insider Trading

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/19/news/companies/phil-mickelson-sec-insider-trading/index.html

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hmmm... that's disappointing to hear. He wasn't exactly nailed however... he just had to return the ill gained profit.

knothead

knothead

I guess the same standards do not apply to pro golfers as they do in MLB, Pete Rose gambled on his sport . . . can anyone clarify?

knothead wrote:I guess the same standards do not apply to pro golfers as they do in MLB, Pete Rose gambled on his sport . . . can anyone clarify?

I haven't seen anywhere that he bet on the pga... or himself on tour.

I don't think it'd be illegal to bet in private stakes matches... if that's what he bet on. I would need 2:1 strokes... lol.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Insider trading not betting on games.

Knot was referring to the part that the guy who gave him the insider tip was owed a large amount of money from phil for gambling debts. Betting on golf is alot of fun... but I can't imagine the debt was from golf... even handicapped.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:Knot was referring to the part that the guy who gave him the insider tip was owed a large amount of money from phil for gambling debts. Betting on golf is alot of fun... but I can't imagine the debt was from golf... even handicapped.

He owed the bookie over 900K . . . . that's some serious gambling in my world.

knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Knot was referring to the part that the guy who gave him the insider tip was owed a large amount of money from phil for gambling debts. Betting on golf is alot of fun... but I can't imagine the debt was from golf... even handicapped.

No doubt about that. I just don't think that the rose comparison was justified. 900k is a matter of degrees.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote:

You have to wonder why he took that risk. He is worth millions and makes more money in endorsements than he does playing golf. You have to wonder if this has to hurt his endorsing. Also. the article does not mention jail time. If he was a commoner; especially a commoner with skin color other than Caucasian, there would likely be prison time as well as a fine.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

900k in gambling debts and rampant rumors about his wife, and you would think sponsors would take a second look, but he made more from sponsoring than his golf.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum