Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why do so many Catholic Priest pedaphiles disregard God's fury?

+4
Vikingwoman
Sal
Joanimaroni
Wordslinger
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:
Bob wrote:It was two things which got me to thinking about the biblical god and start to question it.

Only two??

I can answer that with the same words which,  ironically, are also the first three words of the Holy Bible...   In The Beginning.

In the beginning,  those were the first two things that really got me to questioning it all.  Yes there were many more things after that.

But it was mainly realizing for the first time what the "Passover" was that clinched it.  I could never accept that the creator of the universe would murder children to punish adults.  That is about THE MOST insane thing I still have ever heard of in my life.  Period.

Last edited by Bob on 4/20/2016, 1:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

Telstar

Telstar

Bob wrote:
SheWrites wrote:(side bar) Y'all are messin' with my head with these profile pics.  I thought Bob got religion but it's Telstar.  

Laughing

As slick willy would say,  "I feel your pain" because it's messin with my head too.
I'm so used to having that as my avatar that when I see it I think it's me.  lol

Maybe Telstar and I should swap avatars.

All yours Bob. Cool

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think I have the solution, telstar, give me a second to create it and I'll post it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

John Wayne is old hat. Sal and bds are too young to even know who he is.
Plus he was nothing but a draft dodger like Dick Cheney.

Here's a better one...

Why do so many Catholic Priest pedaphiles disregard God's fury? - Page 3 Trmpt10

Telstar

Telstar

Bob wrote:John Wayne is old hat.  Sal and bds are too young to even know who he is.
Plus he was nothing but a draft dodger like Dick Cheney.

Here's a better one...

Why do so many Catholic Priest pedaphiles disregard God's fury? - Page 3 Trmpt10

Nice but I'll stay with Duke. He made some good movies, The Searchers, Liberty Valance and Quiet Man come to mind.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Personally I liked True Grit.

Telstar

Telstar

Bob wrote:Personally I liked True Grit.

Not one of my favorites. Liked the remake more.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:That's the catholic teachings. Purgatory is in between heaven and hell and that's where all babies go who die w/o being baptized. Catholic school taught us that.

Perhaps you should have paid more attention in class.

And Jesus ssid..... ‘let the children come to me, do not hinder them’, 

Yeah the children that were baptized. I did pay very much attention to this in class although I was only in second grade. I remember being quite traumatized to learn that was what happened to babies who died before they were baptized. Imagine telling that to little kids. We were constantly terrorized as to what God would do to us.

It was never stated babies go to purgatory.....never.  it referenced Limbo.

Vikingwoman

That's right it was limbo between heaven and hell. My bad. Too long since I listened to that shit. Now isn't that nice poor babies who have no control over whether they get baptized or not have to go to limbo. And you believe that crap?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Telstar wrote:

Just a point:  I met Wayne half a dozen times back in 1953.  My Dad was his make-up artist on a film Dick Powell was directing.  

On set Wayne was an affable and generally quiet guy.  His political and racial views were those of a  man who honored John Birch, and who admired the KKK.  

On the film being shot a few hundred local Navajos were dressed as Mongolians.  Wayne had nothing to do with any of them.

Wayne's on-screen war films featured an actor who had received a military deferment, and who only wore a uniform in order to act for his country.

The Best John Waynes were on the screen.

Telstar

Telstar

Movie sounds like The Conqueror. Directed by Dick Powell, 1956.

2seaoat

https://pages.shanti.virginia.edu/Wild_Wild_Cold_War/files/2011/11/John_Wayne_Playboy_Int2.pdf

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wordslinger wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Just a point:  I met Wayne half a dozen times back in 1953.  My Dad was his make-up artist on a film Dick Powell was directing.  

On set Wayne was an affable and generally quiet guy.  His political and racial views were those of a  man who honored John Birch, and who admired the KKK.  

On the film being shot a few hundred local Navajos were dressed as Mongolians.  Wayne had nothing to do with any of them.

Wayne's on-screen war films featured an actor who had received a military deferment, and who only wore a uniform in order to act for his country.

Telstar,  just for your information.
You may not be aware of this,  but Wordslinger was a scriptwriter for several different network television series in the past,  all of which are familiar to those of us who are old enough to remember them.
In other words,  when he talks hollywood,  he's the real deal.
Just so you'll know.

Telstar

Telstar

Bob wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Telstar,  just for your information.
You may not be aware of this,  but Wordslinger was a scriptwriter for several different network television series in the past,  all of which are familiar to those of us who are old enough to remember them.
In other words,  when he talks hollywood,  he's the real deal.
Just so you'll know.

Great, I hope he shares more stories about the classic years of Hollywood.

Vikingwoman

What television series?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Here is another Bible classic.  This one comes to us from Jesus himself.  Here he is offering instruction on how one should beat their slaves and the limits of that action.  I must say, Jesus was truly ahead of his era.  So much compassion.

Exodus 21:20

If a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod and he dies at his hand, he shall be punished.

But he did add one caveat...

Exodus 21:21

But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be avenged, for the slave is his money.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum