Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why do so many Catholic Priest pedaphiles disregard God's fury?

+4
Vikingwoman
Sal
Joanimaroni
Wordslinger
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Just saw the new award winning film "Spotlight," which tells the story of how Cardinal Law in Boston attempted to shield 87 child abusing priests who disregarded their vows of celibacy, to victimize innocent children over a span of two decades -- and as things turned out, the Boston story was only the tip of the iceberg. Great movie.

Q: Every one of these child rapists knew they were defiling themselves and risking God's judgement and fury over their actions. Or, as I suspect, is the underlying truth about their lack of concern about God's fury and heavenly punishment, because they, one and all, believed that the religion they supposedly served was total bullshit?

It occurs to me that both our government and our religions are corrupt.

It's time for change.

Doubt with Phillip Seymour Hoffman (RIP) and Meryl Streep is a very good movie. Meryl is one tough nun who suspects Hoffman, a priest and headmaster at the school, of improper behavior.

Priests are not God - just men with sexual hangups in the case of the Boston matter. For the few that are warped, many are good men doing good work in the Church.

God remains God.

Moving on....

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SheWrites wrote:Doubt with Phillip Seymour Hoffman (RIP) and Meryl Streep is a very good movie.  Meryl is one tough nun who suspects Hoffman, a priest and headmaster at the school,  of improper behavior.  

Priests are not God - just men with sexual hangups in the case of the Boston matter.  For the few that are warped, many are good men doing good work in the Church.  

God remains God.  

Moving on....

It occurs in many churches and synagogues.

Joanimaroni wrote:
SheWrites wrote:Doubt with Phillip Seymour Hoffman (RIP) and Meryl Streep is a very good movie.  Meryl is one tough nun who suspects Hoffman, a priest and headmaster at the school,  of improper behavior.  

Priests are not God - just men with sexual hangups in the case of the Boston matter.  For the few that are warped, many are good men doing good work in the Church.  

God remains God.  

Moving on....

It occurs in many churches and synagogues.

Yes.

Sal

Sal

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

God remains God.  

Moving on....

Q: In YOUR opinion, do priests who sexually abuse children actually BELIEVE in the Christian God and Christian commandments?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Salinsky wrote:

Thanks Sal! Brilliant satire.
Of course, what makes great satire is that it must contain a little truth ...

Wordslinger wrote:

God remains God.  

Moving on....

Q:  In YOUR opinion, do priests who sexually abuse children actually BELIEVE in the Christian God and Christian commandments?

Even the demons believe. Shocked

Vikingwoman

Pedophilia is more than just a sexual hangup. It is a sexual orientation towards children,ie, they're only attracted to children. The fact that there are so many priests that indulge in this tells you the type of person who becomes a priest. Being denied sexual relations w/ an adult does not move them toward children. They were pedophiles to begin with and chose religion as a cover. Just another example of how religion denies innate urges and is bad for society as a whole.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

SheWrites wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

God remains God.  

Moving on....

Q:  In YOUR opinion, do priests who sexually abuse children actually BELIEVE in the Christian God and Christian commandments?

Even the demons believe.  Shocked

Let's see, your religious affiliations include demons and catholic priests who commit heinous crimes that offend God, but still they do believe in him or her, right? And this God you refer to, he or she's supposed to be omnipotent, right? Do these evil demons and evil priests feel immune then from their God's wrath? Or are they looking forward to His or Hers'punishment? Explain please, since you proclaim as an expert in these matters ...

Wordslinger wrote:
SheWrites wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

God remains God.  

Moving on....

Even the demons believe.  Shocked

Let's see, your religious affiliations include demons and catholic priests who commit heinous crimes that offend God, but still they do believe in him or her, right?  And this God you refer to, he or she's supposed to be omnipotent, right?  Do these evil demons and evil priests feel immune then from their God's wrath?  Or are they looking forward to His or Hers'punishment?  Explain please, since you proclaim as an expert in these matters ...

Never proclaimed to be an expert, Wordslinger. You asked if the priests who do this actually BELIEVE in the Christian God and the Christian commandments. I replied, "even the demons believe."

I have no way to determine the punishment or if they feel immunity. All I know is children have been abused by someone they trusted.

Man is man. Put on robes and you're just a man in robes. All are equal. Pastor or priest - just plain ol' men.

2seaoat

This behavior is not limited to the church. Denny Haesert's sentencing hearing is next week and the sister of one of his victims will testify, and there are rumors that the victim he was paying off may testify. Denny believed what he was doing in politics was good. He and others have the innate ability to separate their behavior from the horror it is.....it is a type of self denial. I do not think those priests every lost their faith, nor did Denny ever believe that he was not doing good things in politics......Dreams is so right......it is an attraction where normal adult sexuality is ineffective in stimulating the offender. I have a friend who runs a not for profit which performs risk assessments on peds and they show videos when they have monitors on their genitals, and a condition of their release on probation or parole is that they are not stimulated by young children....sadly.....folks who are clearly attracted to children are being released onto the streets everyday because their first offense was minor, but as certain as the sun will rise......they strike again......often with life changing tragedies for families. A priest, politician, or cop does not get to the underlying issues by a job description or belief system.....rather it is what causes sexual arousal in these individuals. The Church, the tobbacco industry, and BP finally learn that hiding wrongs only compounds their problems.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Perhaps because I believe strongly in civilized ethics and moral conduct -- with no self-forgiveness for crimes against children or other innocents -- I am an atheist, remember? We atheists can't rely on saying we're sorry and having our guilt erased. Conduct like the thousands of catholic priests who have been abusing children in this country and elsewhere for decades, convinces me that these so-called men-of-god don't believe at all.  I think they suspect it's bullshit and choose to live their lives deeply involved in a scam.  In my own short life, I've never met a so-called man of God who convinced me he really believed in an imaginary friend.

People who would abuse a child for sexual purposes are among the worst kinds of human beings.  They are extremely lucky their Church shields them from the law -- in most prisons, a prisoner convicted of having molested children receives the harshest forms of abuse. Many have been murdered in prison.

Forgiveness really is Christian -- what a sham!

It's only fair.... fuck those priests and their leaders who let them prey on the innocent!!

boards of FL

boards of FL

Here's what I don't understand. The general christian belief is that the only way to salvation is through Jesus. You have to accept him into your heart, etc. etc.

So think of all of the Jews who suffered and died horribly in the holocaust. The christian view there is that they are all burning in hell for eternity. Too bad for them. They chose the wrong mythological tradition.

And Hitler, on the other hand, if we assume that before passing he quickly said "Oh, yeah. And I accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior" is up there toasting with god in an eternal paradise.

It makes so much sense! Cough cough.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

boards of FL wrote:Here's what I don't understand.  The general christian belief is that the only way to salvation is through Jesus.  You have to accept him into your heart, etc. etc.  

So think of all of the Jews who suffered and died horribly in the holocaust.  The christian view there is that they are all burning in hell for eternity.  Too bad for them.  They chose the wrong mythological tradition.  

And Hitler, on the other hand, if we assume that before passing he quickly said "Oh, yeah.  And I accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior" is up there toasting with god in an eternal paradise.

It makes so much sense!  Cough cough.

Boards, I don't know how to tell you this, but we are likely to be called demons (or even the Devil) by Pat Boone. Just sayin' . . . .

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:Here's what I don't understand.  The general christian belief is that the only way to salvation is through Jesus.  You have to accept him into your heart, etc. etc.  

So think of all of the Jews who suffered and died horribly in the holocaust.  The christian view there is that they are all burning in hell for eternity.  Too bad for them.  They chose the wrong mythological tradition.  

And Hitler, on the other hand, if we assume that before passing he quickly said "Oh, yeah.  And I accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior" is up there toasting with god in an eternal paradise.

Hitler was born Catholic and later became an atheist....he committed suicide. I doubt he is in heaven.

Where did you get the idea all Jews are burning in hell? Jesus was a Jew.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:

Hitler was born Catholic and later became an atheist....he committed suicide. I doubt he is in heaven.

1. Jewish people do not accept Jesus Christ as their lord and savior.

2. Christianity tells us that the only path to salvation is by accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior.

Therefore...

Joani, do you agree with these premises?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

1.  Jewish people do not accept Jesus Christ as their lord and savior.

2.  Christianity tells us that the only path to salvation is by accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior.

Therefore...

Joani, do you agree with these premises?....

No.....Christ offered himself as a sacrifice for everyone. That's always been a Christian belief. 

I believe it is how you live your life.

Vikingwoman

All Hitler has to do in the catholic religion is ask God for forgiveness and he's ok. LOL!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Vikingwoman wrote:All Hitler has to do in the catholic religion is ask God for forgiveness and he's ok. LOL!

As I've always been made to understand it, that holds true for Protestant Christiniaty as well.
All one need do is "accept Jesus Christ as one's Lord and Saviour" and he/she is forgiven and goes to heaven. And that includes Hitler, Stalin, Kim Jung Un, Ted Bundy, Jack the Ripper, Dick Cheney and all the other serial killers.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

1.  Jewish people do not accept Jesus Christ as their lord and savior.

2.  Christianity tells us that the only path to salvation is by accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior.

Therefore...

Joani, do you agree with these premises?....

No.....Christ offered himself as a sacrifice for everyone. That's always been a Christian belief. 

I believe it is how you live your life.

Well then your beliefs are counter to those of the bible and Christianity.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Romans 10:9

2seaoat

Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Matthew 6 the textual nexus of the Protestant reformation disagrees with this idea of a human having to say or do anything verbally. It is the nexus to the truth of the bible. However, the concept of God is to be defined, it is not defined by hypocrites who stand up and pray the loudest but by a silent connection each of us have to that concept of God, and that connection is NOT defined by man made religion....or denomination......If you understand Matthew 6 you have the true nexus of being a Christian, and not a hypocrite. Hitler, or a priest who has harmed children may or may not become one with God, but it certainly is not determined by the hypocrisy of a verbal declaration or prayer, rather it goes to the essence of that connection each human has with the concept of God.......and that reward is God's to give, not some predetermined man created verbal path, but one of silence and one based on actual conduct......it is clear that not all textual references in the bible are significant, but equally clear that some are perfected.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Matthew 6 the textual nexus of the Protestant reformation disagrees with this idea of a human having to say or do anything verbally.  It is the nexus to the truth of the bible.   However, the concept of God is to be defined, it is not defined by hypocrites who stand up and pray the loudest but by a silent connection each of us have to that concept of God, and that connection is NOT defined by man made religion....or denomination......If you understand Matthew 6 you have the true nexus of being a Christian, and not a hypocrite.  Hitler, or a priest who has harmed children may or may not become one with God, but it certainly is not determined by the hypocrisy of a verbal declaration or prayer, rather it goes to the essence of that connection each human has with the concept of God.......and that reward is God's to give, not some predetermined man created verbal path, but one of silence and one based on actual conduct......it is clear that not all textual references in the bible are significant, but equally clear that some are perfected.

All that disputes is the need for a "verbal" prayer.

Aside from that, the Bible says the worst monsters in history could have been saved and gone to heaven simply by "accepting Jesus as their Lord and Saviour".

boards of FL

boards of FL

Fair enough.  You don't have to say that Jesus Christ is your lord savior, you simply have to believe it.  I don't agree with you though I'll concede this for the sake of moving on.

Therefore, the Jews who died in the holocaust, Ghandi, every person from every other religion, etc, are all burning in hell for eternity because they do not believe that human sacrifice is the path to eternal salvation.

If this sounds absolutely horrible, that's because it is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum