Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why do so many Catholic Priest pedaphiles disregard God's fury?

+4
Vikingwoman
Sal
Joanimaroni
Wordslinger
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Vikingwoman

Boards is part of the millennials and coming generations that will cast out the myths and superstitions of old and render beliefs in science and fact based theories. It is called PROGRESSIVE!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

It takes more than lip service to obtain your salvation..as for Hitler only God knows and certainly not Vikingwoman. Hitler committed suicide...he blew his brains out. According to Catholic teaching he would have gone to hell.

Vikingwoman

Yah! And innocent babies who weren't baptized went to purgatory too. How's that for bullshit?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:Yah! And innocent babies who weren't baptized went to purgatory too. How's that for bullshit?
Who told you that?

Vikingwoman

That's the catholic teachings. Purgatory is in between heaven and hell and that's where all babies go who die w/o being baptized. Catholic school taught us that.

Vikingwoman

Joanimaroni wrote:It takes more than lip service to obtain your salvation..as for Hitler only God knows and certainly not Vikingwoman. Hitler committed suicide...he blew his brains out. According to Catholic teaching he would have gone to hell.

You know as much as I know and there is no evidence you are right. You haven't died yet.

Telstar

Telstar

Hate the thought of Vincent van Gogh, Robin Williams, Phil Ochs and Hitler all ending up in the same hell hole.

The "hereafter" is beyond comprehension to me. Jesus told the thief on the cross that he would be with him in paradise after the thief asked Jesus to remember him.

A simple request. The man could not go about doing good things. He was at his death, asked to be remembered by Jesus, and Jesus assured him he would be with him.

Doesn't seem like a lot of information to dissect. People make it difficult. It's all pretty simple.

Jesus died for all sin. Even Hitler's? Even Bundy's? He didn't speak of exceptions.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

SheWrites wrote:The "hereafter" is beyond comprehension to me.  Jesus told the thief on the cross that he would be with him in paradise after the thief asked Jesus to remember him.  

A simple request.  The man could not go about doing good things.  He was at his death, asked to be remembered by Jesus, and Jesus assured him he would be with him.

Doesn't seem like a lot of information to dissect.  People make it difficult.  It's all pretty simple.  

Jesus died for all sin.  Even Hitler's?  Even Bundy's?  He didn't speak of exceptions.  

You act like this Jesus guy had a choice. He didn't. And in my book, and the book of thousands like me, he's still dead. Once again, this thread is about whether pedophile priests actually believe in God or not.

In my opinion, it's virtually impossible for a man who allegedly devotes himself to serving a God, and following all the rules, to molest and rape a child, time and time again.

Maybe you see it differently ... I've read where the idea of expunging your sins by accepting Jesus was created as a sales piece the early Catholics were using to build the Church. For the same reason, the gospel of Thomas and Judas was excluded from the "new" religion being organized. Reality.

Wordslinger wrote:
SheWrites wrote:The "hereafter" is beyond comprehension to me.  Jesus told the thief on the cross that he would be with him in paradise after the thief asked Jesus to remember him.  

A simple request.  The man could not go about doing good things.  He was at his death, asked to be remembered by Jesus, and Jesus assured him he would be with him.

Doesn't seem like a lot of information to dissect.  People make it difficult.  It's all pretty simple.  

Jesus died for all sin.  Even Hitler's?  Even Bundy's?  He didn't speak of exceptions.  

You act like this Jesus guy had a choice.  He didn't.  And in my book, and the book of thousands like me, he's still dead.  Once again, this thread is about whether pedophile priests actually believe in God or not.

In my opinion, it's virtually impossible for a man who allegedly devotes himself to serving a God, and following all the rules, to molest and rape a child, time and time again.

Maybe you see it differently ... I've read where the idea of expunging your sins by accepting Jesus was created as a sales piece the early Catholics were using to build the Church.  For the same reason, the gospel of Thomas and Judas was excluded from the "new" religion being organized.  Reality.

Why even consider God in the equation of these men who abused children? You say there is no God so what does it matter to you? They were wrong and used their place in life to lure children to trust them and then committed heinous crimes. Does anyone believe a person to be a saint without the ability to do wrong?

You can't prove or disprove God through the actions of man.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:That's the catholic teachings. Purgatory is in between heaven and hell and that's where all babies go who die w/o being baptized. Catholic school taught us that.

Perhaps you should have paid more attention in class.

And Jesus ssid..... ‘let the children come to me, do not hinder them’, 

boards of FL

boards of FL

So how about this quote. What have you all to say about this?

Leviticus 20:13

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Here is another bible classic. What have you all to say about this?

Deuteronomy 21:10-14

10 “When you go out to war against your enemies, and the Lord your God gives them into your hand and you take them captive, 11 and you see among the captives a beautiful woman, and you desire to take her to be your wife, 12 and you bring her home to your house, she shall shave her head and pare her nails. 13 And she shall take off the clothes in which she was captured and shall remain in your house and lament her father and her mother a full month. After that you may go in to her and be her husband, and she shall be your wife. 14 But if you no longer delight in her, you shall let her go where she wants. But you shall not sell her for money, nor shall you treat her as a slave, since you have humiliated her.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Deuteronomy 22:13-14

“If any man takes a wife, and goes in to her, and detests her, and charges her with shameful conduct, and brings a bad name on her, and says, ‘I took this woman, and when I came to her I found she was not a virgin,’ … and evidences of virginity are not found for the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones …

Telstar

Telstar

boards of FL wrote:So how about this quote.  What have you all to say about this?

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Old Testament. The New Testament kind of dates a lot of the Old Testament. Like talking movies date a lot of old silent movies.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Telstar wrote:
boards of FL wrote:So how about this quote.  What have you all to say about this?

Old Testament. The New Testament kind of dates a lot of the Old Testament. Like talking movies date a lot of old silent movies.

This is a common argument and it doesn't work.  It is the old testament that prophesized Jesus.  If we throw out the old testament, we also throw out all of its prophecies - Jesus included.  Without the old testament, Jesus is just a dude claiming to be god who started a cult that persisted.  And Jesus did in fact tell us, in the new testament, that we should uphold every word of the old testament.  

Matthew 5:17

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Doesn't it seem odd that god would inherit the precise mindset of a barbaric male from the iron age? It seems to me that a creator of the universe should transcend the morality of the pre-scientific era in which he chose to reveal himself to humanity?

Doesn't it seem odd that god would inherit the same ignorant beliefs of cosmology that were held by the people of the iron age? Shouldn't god have known that the earth in fact travels around the sun, and not vice versa? Shouldn't god have known about dinosaurs? But he didn't. He coincidentally possessed the same level of knowledge of people of the iron age, and no more.

It almost seems as if the bible is but one mythological text among a sea of mythological texts, all of which are pure fiction that inherit the level of knowledge possessed in the eras that they were written. Doesn't it?

Telstar

Telstar

The Bible is the word of the Lord but then again it was written down by men and men make mistakes.

(side bar) Y'all are messin' with my head with these profile pics. I thought Bob got religion but it's Telstar.

Laughing

boards of FL

boards of FL

Telstar wrote:The Bible is the word of the Lord but then again it was written down by men and men make mistakes.

Which is more likely:  

1) Men from the Iron Age were contacted by a supernatural being who created the universe and - coincidentally - possessed the same level of understanding of that universe as the very men of the Iron Age whom he contacted; but, unfortunately, those men are fallible and made a lot of transcribing errors, thus rendering all of the bad parts of the bible that didn't age well as simply being typos.  When god said, "And before thou cameth massive lizard-like beasts who roamed the earth for hundreds of millions of years!" were the transcribers simply not listening?  When god said "Kill all gay people", did they simply mis-hear him there?  What about when god talks - at length - about how to conduct slave ownership, were the transcribers simply misunderstanding what was being told?  And when the all powerful god could clearly see that errors were made, and that centuries of confusion resulted, it never occurred to this god to come back and say "Hey, everyone!  Listen, you misheard me there! I was really saying that you should abolish slavery!  I was really saying that women are equal to men, and are not to be treated as property.  When you thought I said that you should surely put gay people to death, what I really said was gay people are fabulous, and I just love them to death!"

or...

2)  The bible is but one mythological text among a sea of mythological texts, all of which are wrong.  All of which have been replaced by a higher level of evolved morality and a greater understanding of the world that we live in.  

Why would an all powerful, all knowing, all good god have to rely and nearly illiterate goat herders to write down his laws when he could simply appear before us - today, in the scientific era - and plainly tell us what he wants?   Why would such a god never appear anywhere ever accept for an ancient non-scientific era?  Why would we never have seen any evidence whatsoever of the supernatural if it does in fact exist?  If Jesus existed, wouldn't we see some mention of him in some extra-biblical texts that were written during the time frame in which he was alleged to have lived?  Why is it that the only accounts were written decades later?

It seems quite obvious where all lines of evidence are pointing...

Vikingwoman

Joanimaroni wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:That's the catholic teachings. Purgatory is in between heaven and hell and that's where all babies go who die w/o being baptized. Catholic school taught us that.

Perhaps you should have paid more attention in class.

And Jesus ssid..... ‘let the children come to me, do not hinder them’, 

Yeah the children that were baptized. I did pay very much attention to this in class although I was only in second grade. I remember being quite traumatized to learn that was what happened to babies who died before they were baptized. Imagine telling that to little kids. We were constantly terrorized as to what God would do to us.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It was two things which got me to thinking about the biblical god and start to question it.

One was "Passover".  I never could wrap my mind around a "creator" who would punish adults by murdering their children.  

And the other was the whole idea of hell.  I never could wrap my mind around "the creator of the universe" creating human beings and then when they die making them go to a place where they have to feel themselves being on fire forever (eternity).
Even if I believed any such insanity as that,  it wouldn't make me want to worship the creator.  It would make me want to kill the creator and send him/it to hell.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:(side bar) Y'all are messin' with my head with these profile pics.  I thought Bob got religion but it's Telstar.  

Laughing

As slick willy would say, "I feel your pain" because it's messin with my head too.
I'm so used to having that as my avatar that when I see it I think it's me. lol

Maybe Telstar and I should swap avatars.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:It was two things which got me to thinking about the biblical god and start to question it.

Only two??

Vikingwoman

Poor Job. Didn't he have to go through some shit just to show he was loyal to God. How do ya'll like that God? LOL!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum