Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A proposition...

+15
gatorfan
Wordslinger
2seaoat
Sal
RottiesRule
Damaged Eagle
RealLindaL
knothead
Joanimaroni
Markle
Telstar
Vikingwoman
othershoe1030
ZVUGKTUBM
boards of FL
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Future of the forum

A proposition... - Page 4 I_vote_lcap48%A proposition... - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 48% [ 16 ]
A proposition... - Page 4 I_vote_lcap52%A proposition... - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 52% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 33

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 14]

76A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 3:23 pm

Telstar

Telstar

I know this is probably a dumb question but how and why does Boards have the power to banish anyone? It seems to me that if Boards really does have the power to ban anyone it's very considerate of him to put it to a member vote. Why is it that the member in question does not just turn the tables and banish boards? If Boards has that power because he created, supports and maintains this group than good for Boards, he deserves it. On the other hand if someone is banned why moan and groan about it? They should simply create their own forum page and invite those that enjoy reading their spam/posts to contribute to it, complaining about being banned only points out how powerless and impotent the banee is. I know that I could never create and maintain a forum like this so Boards if you are the real power behind this forum I thank you publicly for providing and maintaining it and allowing me to be informed and heard.

77A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 3:30 pm

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Congratulations... you have just imprisoned the anti-war journalists... sent german-americans and japanese-americans to interment camps... roughed up and tear gassed anti-war activists... sent the national guard onto college campuses.

Oh, please spare us the over-the-top hyperbole.

I admit it's taken to the extreme... but it clearly follows the same line of reason and rational. Boards used the reasoning that markle's position here on the forum about planned parenthood caused harm and cost people their jobs.

Was that true?

Thank you for your decent and measured response this go-round.   Smile    As for what Boards meant by the harm done against Planned Parenthood, I think you're missing the big picture, as several others did at the time.  It's not so much what's said or not said on one teeny tiny forum in the midst of the maelstrom, it's the totality of the rampant narrow attitudes and judgmentalism against an organization that does one helluva lot of good for one helluva lot of women (and employs both women and men).  All the "just one post" or "just one forum" entries  serve to increase the overall darkness instead of lighting a candle.  

It's the reason why we hopefully all decry the "N" word whenever it pops up.  One use leads to another and another, and takes us in the wrong direction as a society.

So yes, it hurts.   Every voice matters when all is said and done.  And if Boards didn't stick up for PP  here, then where?

78A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 3:41 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:It's not. WE (all of us) have a relationship. We came here to continue that relationship under the guise of open dialogue.

I agree. Boards did set a couple of rules after the fact. One was that absolute sexism and sexist-profanity would not be allowed. Those should be simple enough to follow.

What we do not need is targeted censorship.

I could agree on other issues, namely not allowing socks, and not allowing endless posting of new threads one after another. There should be a limit on the number of new topics a poster can make in a given period, like one new thread every two hours, but unlimited posting on any existing thread. This will prevent posters from clogging up the politics forum with spam threads, as some have done in the past.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

79A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 5:19 pm

RottiesRule

I voted for Boards.
When I get a chance to view the Forum, I prefer thoughtful honest dialogue. Markle seems to inundate the Forum with cut and paste topics that no one responds to and it is tedious. He also never seems to accept when he is proven wrong or apologized.
While I don't condone censorship, I would prefer a Boards version over Markles.
Just my .02.

80A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 5:38 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

RottiesRule wrote:I voted for Boards.
When I get a chance to view the Forum, I prefer thoughtful honest dialogue. Markle seems to inundate the Forum with cut and paste topics that no one responds to and it is tedious. He also never seems to accept when he is proven wrong or apologized.
While I don't condone censorship, I would prefer a Boards version over Markles.
Just my .02.

You should not have voted because you are not a regular member here.

While I am not a champion of poster Markle, I do have the ability to recognize cheap shots from the sidelines.

81A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 6:18 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

When you look at this, it really is not a fair vote, because anyone can beam in here, vote, as Rottie just did. Or, they can make up a sock and vote. Or they can have a friend join and vote.

I think I know who Rottie is--a regular over at Eric's forum, but she does not post here on a regular basis. She was a regular on the old PNJ forum, so she would know poster Markle from there. But, we are dealing with the present now, not the past.

I have not voted yet, but if people are going to be allowed to beam in here from no where and have a vote that counts, my vote is unequivocally, out of fairness, going to poster Markle. And you will note that I am one of his regular opponents here.

82A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 6:45 pm

RottiesRule

Wow, Z, I didn't expext such vitriol for a simple vote.
I've been a member of this Forum since inception.
Do I post reguarly? No. Along with real life getting in the way, the Forum was taking a nasty turn a year or so ago and I didn't enjoy it anymore.
I could have voted anonymously, but wanted to be upfront.
I'm sorry you feel so strongly about my vote, but you are entitled to your opinion as am I.

83A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 6:47 pm

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:The constitution doesn't exist to protect free speech that everyone agrees with... that doesn't demonstrate any enlightenment or tolerance at all... much less liberty or freedom. It's there to ensure our right to dissent and free expression.

No one is suggesting censorship or restraint of free speech.   Markle is not going to be put in jail and is perfectly free to spew his destructive venom; Boards just doesn't want to see it done on his forum, and I don't blame him for a minute.  

If I had a neighbor like Markle he could rant and rave and picket and demonstrate all he wanted, but that doesn't mean I'd have to invite him into my living room.

And no, this forum is NOT my personal living room, but it IS (or at least should be) a place where people can meet for the free exchange of ideas along with some level of social cyber-contact, and if the discussion in the room keeps getting polluted and roughed up and overwhelmed by an unreasonable, ultra-biased hard-head, am I wrong for wishing him gone to some other room?*  But most especially, is Boards wrong, who surely feels a sense of proprietary responsibility for what goes on in his created space here?  I think not.  I think he has a right not to want to tacitly sponsor mind-numbingly negative B.S. day in and day out.

Remember, Boards could pull the plug on this entire forum at any time, and he should get some credit for not having shut it down despite probably devoutly wishing he could do so on more than one occasion.    

*(And you'll note I'm at least not suggesting that Markle "move to another country if you don't like this one," as is the typical conservative response to strong complaint. So much for eschewing censorship whenever that frequent exhortation rears its ugly head.  Ask yourselves honestly how often you've used it.  And yeah, I digress.)

As for putting Markle on ignore, that may help some individual posters but it doesn't change things for Boards, who no longer wishes to sponsor a space with Markle in it.  And that's what this is all about.

If it is not censorship, on a forum first started, by him, where he said anything goes, what is it?  When he loses, he changes his own rules.

Please show us all where I have spewed any "destructive venom".  At the same time, look for all the hate, vitriol and profanity directed at me.

As for "your" living room, a real forum belongs to everyone. So this is as much MY living room as your own, or BoardsofFL.

Last edited by Markle on 4/10/2016, 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

84A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 6:49 pm

RottiesRule

Z- Exactly how frequently should one post in order to have a vote?
If the majority agrees with you, feel free to disqualify my vote.
I just preferred Boards offerings more than Markles, so I voted.
NBD

85A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 7:01 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RottiesRule wrote:Z- Exactly how frequently should one post in order to have a vote?
If the majority agrees with you, feel free to disqualify my vote.
I just preferred Boards offerings more than Markles, so I voted.
NBD

You are entitled to vote...it would be unfair if a member was banned from voting.

86A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 7:11 pm

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Didn't realize he prayed for you, what a nice gesture. Why do you care if he includes members in his prayers, for goodness sakes what is wrong with you?

If you didn't realize it, maybe you don't read Markle's posts yourself.  He said this week that he prays for all of us daily, "even those who hate me."

Nothing is wrong with me, Joani, and you'll note elsewhere on this thread I have clarified that I myself don't wish to be included in his prayers, as I consider him a hypocrite.  He, of course, can do as he wishes in that regard, and others may welcome his prayers, but don't ask me to feel any gratitude for his "nice gesture" towards me one minute and his insults the next.

Actually I don't read all of his posts. I tend to avoid most of the political BS  or let it roll, including your comment that I must be brainwashed by Fox News...a station I do not watch.

If you do not believe in prayers then his prayers are just useless words. Let it go rather than trying to humiliate and call him names.

I believe members should be able to post their view points even if they are not in step with Boards. To stifle those posts is censorship. Suppose all of your posts were deleted or you were banned for having a different opinion on basketball than me or Seaoat. Or your restaurant reviews were disliked. Would that be censorship?

The statement by Markle that he prays for everyone here daily is not in the Politics section, but in the General Discussion section under your very own April 7 thread entitled "Seaoat."

I apologize for the brainwashed statement.  Obviously I was very frustrated and/or disappointed at the time, but that's no excuse, and the very last thing I want is to sink to the level of a Markle.  Shame on me.

I am not trying to "humiliate" your friend Markle; he, on the other hand, attempts to do that to others every single day here, though, if you don't usually follow the political posts, you might not realize just who is the truly insulting one among us who loves to see others brought low and squirming. Is that a Christian value?  Must be one I never heard of.

And terming him a hypocrite is not calling him names but characterizing his  behavior.  What else would you call someone who purports to pray for all of us while slamming some of us with darkness every day?

As for your extremely hypothetical, rather non-applicable "what if" question, Joani, I doubt I would consider it censorship.  I would probably just realize I wasn't wanted here and go find a forum more amenable to my football and restaurant opinions.   (But I mean now, really....)

Forgive me if anything here is already out of date, so to speak; I've been with visiting friends all afternoon and haven't had a chance to catch up on this thread's conversation.      BBL,     LL

87A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 7:13 pm

RottiesRule

Thank you Joanie.
I was curious as to when I last posted a reply. It was 2014, so perhaps Z
is correct in his thinking. I haven't weighed in on any issues in a long time,
so I shouldn't have jumped in on such an important one.
Apologies to all who feel that way.

88A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 7:14 pm

It's rigged anyway. A guy that nullifies a fair and open vote that removes him from his seat... and ignores the fact that we already voted resoundingly to negate his banning of markle... is NOT going to allow a fair vote this time. It's not his nature.

89A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 7:24 pm

Markle

Markle

Telstar wrote:I know this is probably a dumb question but how and why does Boards have the power to banish anyone? It seems to me that if Boards really does have the power to ban anyone it's very considerate of him to put it to a member vote. Why is it that the member in question does not just turn the tables and banish boards? If Boards has that power because he created, supports and maintains this group than good for Boards, he deserves it. On the other hand if someone is banned why moan and groan about it? They should simply create their own forum page and invite those that enjoy reading their spam/posts to contribute to it, complaining about being banned only points out how powerless and impotent the banee is. I know that I could never create and maintain a forum like this so Boards if you are the real power behind this forum I thank you publicly for providing and maintaining it and allowing me to be informed and heard.

Anyone can "create" and maintain a forum.  They're boiler plate, you simply go to a website, fill out the information and off you go.  BoardsofFL was lucky that his in Pensacola at the same time the Pensacola Newspaper folded their forum.

Here is the site from which BoardsofFL established "his" forum.

https://www.forumotion.com/

90A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 7:32 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Didn't realize he prayed for you, what a nice gesture. Why do you care if he includes members in his prayers, for goodness sakes what is wrong with you?

If you didn't realize it, maybe you don't read Markle's posts yourself.  He said this week that he prays for all of us daily, "even those who hate me."

Nothing is wrong with me, Joani, and you'll note elsewhere on this thread I have clarified that I myself don't wish to be included in his prayers, as I consider him a hypocrite.  He, of course, can do as he wishes in that regard, and others may welcome his prayers, but don't ask me to feel any gratitude for his "nice gesture" towards me one minute and his insults the next.

Actually I don't read all of his posts. I tend to avoid most of the political BS  or let it roll, including your comment that I must be brainwashed by Fox News...a station I do not watch.

If you do not believe in prayers then his prayers are just useless words. Let it go rather than trying to humiliate and call him names.

I believe members should be able to post their view points even if they are not in step with Boards. To stifle those posts is censorship. Suppose all of your posts were deleted or you were banned for having a different opinion on basketball than me or Seaoat. Or your restaurant reviews were disliked. Would that be censorship?

The statement by Markle that he prays for everyone here daily is not in the Politics section, but in the General Discussion section under your very own April 7 thread entitled "Seaoat."

I apologize for the brainwashed statement.  Obviously I was very frustrated and/or disappointed at the time, but that's no excuse, and the very last thing I want is to sink to the level of a Markle.  Shame on me.

I am not trying to "humiliate" your friend Markle; he, on the other hand, attempts to do that to others every single day here, though, if you don't usually follow the political posts, you might not realize just who is the truly insulting one among us who loves to see others brought low and squirming. Is that a Christian value?  Must be one I never heard of.

And terming him a hypocrite is not calling him names but characterizing his  behavior.  What else would you call someone who purports to pray for all of us while slamming some of us with darkness every day?

As for your extremely hypothetical, rather non-applicable "what if" question, Joani, I doubt I would consider it censorship.  I would probably just realize I wasn't wanted here and go find a forum more amenable to my football and restaurant opinions.   (But I mean now, really....)

Forgive me if anything here is already out of date, so to speak; I've been with visiting friends all afternoon and haven't had a chance to catch up on this thread's conversation.      BBL,     LL

Thank you for the clarification, I was led to believe he singled you out for prayers.

91A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 7:55 pm

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

I do pray for you too daily RealLindaL, as I do for all he forum posters as well as all our leaders including President Obama, the VP, Hillary and all the rest.  I pray for your, and their health, safety and welfare.  How is that a bad thing.

I do wish you would not USE the Holy Bible as a weapon. You and other Progressives use the Bible as a weapon thinking that somehow Jesus was a Pacifist.  Because of that gross misunderstanding, Progressives use it to imply that we, as Christians, should roll over and not fight back. He was NOT a pacifist.  Do some research, it will help you. I will help you:

Psalm 144 NIV
/ Bible Versions / New International VersionToggle Dropdown / Psalms / Psalm 144

Of David.
1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. 2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me. 3 LORD, what are human beings that you care for them, mere mortals that you think of them? 4 They are like a breath; their days are like a fleeting shadow. 5 Part your heavens, LORD, and come down; touch the mountains, so that they smoke. 6 Send forth lightning and scatter the enemy; shoot your arrows and rout them. 7 Reach down your hand from on high; deliver me and rescue me from the mighty waters, from the hands of foreigners 8 whose mouths are full of lies, whose right hands are deceitful. 9 I will sing a new song to you, my God; on the ten-stringed lyre I will make music to you, 10 to the One who gives victory to kings, who delivers his servant David. From the deadly sword 11 deliver me; rescue me from the hands of foreigners whose mouths are full of lies, whose right hands are deceitful. 12 Then our sons in their youth will be like well-nurtured plants, and our daughters will be like pillars carved to adorn a palace. 13 Our barns will be filled with every kind of provision. Our sheep will increase by thousands, by tens of thousands in our fields; 14 our oxen will draw heavy loads.There will be no breaching of walls, no going into captivity, no cry of distress in our streets. 15 Blessed is the people of whom this is true; blessed is the people whose God is the LORD.

92A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 8:19 pm

Sal

Sal

Hello, folks.

Just checking in.

Boards is under no obligation to host a propagandist who posts material with the potential to do real harm to benevolent organizations, despite the fact that the propagandist has been warned repeatedly to desist.

If you choose to continue to enable this cancer to public discourse, then you will get exactly what you deserve.

Good luck!

93A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 9:04 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Salinsky wrote:Hello, folks.

Just checking in.

Boards is under no obligation to host a propagandist who posts material with the potential to do real harm to benevolent organizations, despite the fact that the propagandist has been warned repeatedly to desist.

If you choose to continue to enable this cancer to public discourse, then you will get exactly what you deserve.

Good luck!

Rolling Eyes

94A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 9:11 pm

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:

Just checking in.

Good luck!

Rolling Eyes

The usual substantive retort by the forum's mean girl.

Some things never change.

Fuck off.

95A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 9:20 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Salinsky wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Just checking in.

Good luck!

Rolling Eyes

Fuck off.

Mean girl.....ouch!
Very Happy

96A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 9:25 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Salinsky wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Just checking in.

Good luck!

Rolling Eyes

Fuck off.

Mean girl.....ouch!
Very Happy

Lol... he calls you mean while telling a lady to fuck off. Brilliant..!!

97A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 10:03 pm

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
Salinsky wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Just checking in.

Good luck!

Rolling Eyes

Fuck off.

Mean girl.....ouch!  
Very Happy

I was being nice.

Book me.

98A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 10:05 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Salinsky wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Just checking in.

Good luck!

Rolling Eyes

Fuck off.

Mean girl.....ouch!  
Very Happy

Lol... he calls you mean while telling a lady to fuck off. Brilliant..!!

Yah, bro ...

.... intellectually consistency ...

... I understand it's a new concept fer ya.

99A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 10:15 pm

2seaoat

I noticed Bob and I have not weighed in on this topic.....sometimes a little perspective and context goes a long way.....I enjoy this forum. I have been posting on the PNJ and here for twelve years. That is the time from grade school to high school graduation. As a child time was very slow, and each child you shared time with seemed to be a permanent part of your life as you advanced in school and shared time with people. Now life seems to be blazing away at high speed......time is precious and important, and after sharing time with folks here for 12 years, I am simply sad that these type of conflicts exist. I do not worry anymore about things I cannot control, and I will continue to post and hope that everybody will stay involved.

100A proposition... - Page 4 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/10/2016, 10:19 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I noticed Bob and I have not weighed in on this topic.....sometimes a little perspective and context goes a long way.....I enjoy this forum.  I have been posting on the PNJ and here for twelve years.  That is the time from grade school to high school graduation.  As a child time was very slow, and each child you shared time with seemed to be a permanent part of your life as you advanced in school and shared time with people.  Now life seems to be blazing away at high speed......time is precious and important, and after sharing time with folks here for 12 years, I am simply sad that these type of conflicts exist.  I do not worry anymore about things I cannot control, and I will continue to post and hope that everybody will stay involved.

Bob did weigh in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum