Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A proposition...

+15
gatorfan
Wordslinger
2seaoat
Sal
RottiesRule
Damaged Eagle
RealLindaL
knothead
Joanimaroni
Markle
Telstar
Vikingwoman
othershoe1030
ZVUGKTUBM
boards of FL
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Future of the forum

A proposition... - Page 7 I_vote_lcap48%A proposition... - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 48% [ 16 ]
A proposition... - Page 7 I_vote_lcap52%A proposition... - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 52% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 33

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 14]

151A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 10:59 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I think the phrase "posting in good faith" pretty much covers the problem I have with Markle. In my opinion he does not post in good faith; he posts to irritate, undermine and distract. He does not contribute to the discussion but enjoys throwing out shiny objects to derail any substantive conversations.

Considering how the forum is set up I don't see that Markle has a "right" to be here. He's like a pyromaniac at a lumber convention. Different points of view should and are welcome on a forum on politics but when arguments are not based in reality or points are totally irrelevant or mistakes cannot be acknowledged the posts become nothing more than pools of verbal quicksand that suck the vitality out of any constructive/interesting discourse.

152A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 12:09 pm

RealLindaL

othershoe1030 wrote:I think the phrase "posting in good faith" pretty much covers the problem I have with Markle. In my opinion he does not post in good faith; he posts to irritate, undermine and distract. He does not contribute to the discussion but enjoys throwing out shiny objects to derail any substantive conversations.

Considering how the forum is set up I don't see that Markle has a "right" to be here. He's like a pyromaniac at a lumber convention. Different points of view should and are welcome on a forum on politics but when arguments are not based in reality or points are totally irrelevant or mistakes cannot be acknowledged the posts become nothing more than pools of verbal quicksand that suck the vitality out of any constructive/interesting discourse.

And that says it ALL. Great job, othershoe.

153A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 12:21 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

othershoe1030 wrote:Different points of view should and are welcome on a forum on politics but when arguments are not based in reality or points are totally irrelevant or mistakes cannot be acknowledged the posts become nothing more than pools of verbal quicksand that suck the vitality out of any constructive/interesting discourse.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

154A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 12:39 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Thank you Linda and Boards. This proposition/vote has helped clarify my thoughts re this poster. If it has helped others I am glad for that.

155A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 12:46 pm

Yep a forum full of people with the same point of view....that really parallels the real world....not so much. Sheesh!

Defacto segregation from many who call themselves Democrats. Talk about hypocrisy!

Just ensure an announcement is made when Markle gets banned. I will self-ban as well.

156A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 12:55 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

What? wrote:Yep a forum full of people with the same point of view....that really parallels the real world....not so much. Sheesh!

Defacto segregation from many who call themselves Democrats. Talk about hypocrisy!

Not at all. If you want to tout the merits of Cruz or Trump or the flat tax or a gun in every closet etc. then have at it. Post something persuasive. We need to hear other points of view if for no other reason than to try and understand your thought process. Just go for it. It would be boring to just have total agreement.

Discussions should stimulate critical thinking and thoughtful comments with hopefully some humor thrown in but name calling and other similar antics do not facilitate the process.

157A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 1:10 pm

Y'all can rationalize and justify it anyway you like... but it is what it is... censorship plain and simple. It's been done this way countless times throughout the ages... from churches to kingdoms to dictators to hitler. There were always "good" reasons.

Y'all can go ahead and drop the pretense of tolerance and enlightenment... this illustrates perfectly it's a falsehood.

https://www.aclu.org/what-censorship

Someday it'll be the leftists that are enslaved by their own ethics... I bet the proletariat thght exactly as you do.

158A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 1:14 pm

Sal

Sal

Should Markle be banned, it will not be due to his viewpoints.

It will be due to his actions.

Y'all can whine and cry about censorship all you like, but the fact that his will be the first permanent banning of a poster in the history of this forum makes the truth about the matter abundantly clear.

159A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 1:16 pm

RealLindaL

othershoe1030 wrote:
What? wrote:Yep a forum full of people with the same point of view....that really parallels the real world....not so much. Sheesh!

Not at all. If you want to tout the merits of Cruz or Trump or the flat tax or a gun in every closet etc. then have at it. Post something persuasive. We need to hear other points of view if for no other reason than to try and understand your thought process. Just go for it. It would be boring to just have total agreement.

Discussions should stimulate critical thinking and thoughtful comments with hopefully some humor thrown in but name calling and other similar antics do not facilitate the process.

Another great post by othershoe!  And it reiterates what I and others have tried to say, but no one is listening.  It's NOT about squelching other viewpoints, much less banning all conservative thought.  On the contrary!  It's about banning one very offensive, spamming poster who ruins things for everyone else.  Everyone!

What I just don't get is why his fellow conservatives are so desperate to keep him here, when all he does is diminish the value of their own contributions, hardening minds instead of opening them, and otherwise lowering the level of conversation.  This has nothing to do with freedom of speech.  It has everything to do with wanting a valid, meaningful exchange of ideas and opinions with a reasonable level of factual truth and courtesy.  Period.

160A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 1:16 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Y'all can rationalize and justify it anyway you like... but it is what it is... censorship plain and simple. It's been done this way countless times throughout the ages... from churches to  kingdoms to dictators to hitler. There were always "good" reasons.

Y'all can go ahead and drop the pretense of tolerance and enlightenment... this illustrates perfectly it's a falsehood.

https://www.aclu.org/what-censorship

Someday it'll be the leftists that are enslaved by their own ethics... I bet the proletariat thght exactly as you do.

I don't expect you to be able to differentiate between a spam filter and censorship. You can't even clarify your own comments in detail...ever.

161A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 1:17 pm

RealLindaL

Salinsky wrote:Should Markle be banned, it will not be due to his viewpoints.

Y'all can whine and cry about censorship all you like, but the fact that his will be the first permanent banning of a poster in the history of this forum makes the truth about the matter abundantly clear.

This was posted while I was writing my last response to othershoe above, and all I can say to Sal is: AMEN.

162A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 1:23 pm

Vikingwoman

Just ensure an announcement is made when Markle gets banned. I will self-ban as well.

Hey, DE is looking for posters to discuss "mutually consenting adults" w/ family members. Maybe he will let you in on his forum where great minds think alike?

163A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 1:33 pm

Sal

Sal

Vikingwoman wrote:

Hey, DE is looking for posters to discuss "mutually consenting adults" w/ family members. Maybe he will let you in on his forum where great minds think alike?

A proposition... - Page 7 Black-guys-laughing

164A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 1:36 pm

Since it's not the first permanent banning or the first person run off... what does that make clear to you now?

165A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 1:42 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:

Since it's not the first permanent banning or the first person run off... what does that make clear to you now?

Who else was permanently banned?

Was Chrissy?

If so, that was richly deserved and long overdue.

Anyone else?

I know T was put into timeout a couple of times for bad behavior.

The rest, if I remember correctly, were in your words "run off", a correct translation of which would be, "could not compete in the arena of ideas, got a bad case of butthurt, and took their ball and went home".

You know a lot about being "run off", don'tcha random internet guy?

166A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 1:50 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

RealLindaL wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Another great post by othershoe!  And it reiterates what I and others have tried to say, but no one is listening.  It's NOT about squelching other viewpoints, much less banning all conservative thought.  On the contrary!  It's about banning one very offensive, spamming poster who ruins things for everyone else.  Everyone!

What I just don't get is why his fellow conservatives are so desperate to keep him here, when all he does is diminish the value of their own contributions, hardening minds instead of opening them, and otherwise lowering the level of conversation.  This has nothing to do with freedom of speech.  It has everything to do with wanting a valid, meaningful exchange of ideas and opinions with a reasonable level of factual truth and courtesy.  Period.

That's a good point about why other conservatives want to keep him around. I hadn't thought of that.

167A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 1:53 pm

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:

This was posted while I was writing my last response to othershoe above, and all I can say to Sal is:  AMEN.

Sal thanks for clarifying that for me. I can think of at least three people that were banned and maybe two returned. Why bother banning anyone unless it's permanent. Isn't it more than likely that banned members will only find a way back and resume causing trouble? On the other hand is Markle's transgressions so awful that he deserves to be the first member banned permanently? confused

168A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 1:54 pm

gatorfan

Salinsky wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Salinsky wrote:.

The rest, if I remember correctly, were in your words "run off", a correct translation of which would be, "could not compete in the arena of ideas, got a bad case of butthurt, and took their ball and went home".[/font]

Too funny, BoF "ran himself off" after an extreme case of butthurt and as BoF's simpering toady so did you. But since both of you are childish to the point of being mere infants in a world of adults, poof you are back! With caveats!!!

Imagine that! Geez I've not laughed this much in years reading these pitiful little posts.

169A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 2:01 pm

Sal

Sal

Telstar wrote:On the other hand is Markle's transgressions so awful that he deserves to be the first member banned permanently? confused

I guess that's for Boards to decide.

Apparently, Markle has been given multiple warnings to change his tactics.

170A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 2:04 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Salinsky wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Was Chrissy?

Anyone else?

The rest, if I remember correctly, were in your words "run off", a correct translation of which would be, "could not compete in the arena of ideas, got a bad case of butthurt, and took their ball and went home".

It's been a while Sal but I think Chrissy finally decided to leave on her own.

171A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 2:09 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Telstar wrote:
Salinsky wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Was Chrissy?

Anyone else?

It's been a while Sal but I think Chrissy finally decided to leave on her own.

No Christy and Viking were both banned along with a couple of other posters.

172A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 2:09 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
Salinsky wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

The rest, if I remember correctly, were in your words "run off", a correct translation of which would be, "could not compete in the arena of ideas, got a bad case of butthurt, and took their ball and went home".[/font]

Too funny, BoF "ran himself off" after an extreme case of butthurt and as BoF's simpering toady so did you. But since both of you are childish to the point of being mere infants in a world of adults, poof you are back! With caveats!!!

Imagine that! Geez I've not laughed this much in years reading these pitiful little posts.

You and Flippy "ran off" as well. Isn't that right, Hambone?

173A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 2:17 pm

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
Salinsky wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

You and Flippy "ran off" as well.  Isn't that right, Hambone?

Who knows?

If you can't play the game by the same set of rules as everyone else then don't sit at the table child.

174A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 2:24 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Salinsky wrote:
Telstar wrote:On the other hand is Markle's transgressions so awful that he deserves to be the first member banned permanently? confused

I guess that's for Boards to decide.

Apparently, Markle has been given multiple warnings to change his tactics.

Thanks Sal. I just wanted your opinion. Of course your right about it being for Boards to decide.

175A proposition... - Page 7 Empty Re: A proposition... 4/12/2016, 2:33 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:Wow...you really are filled with hate...over...nothing.

Notice how there is no refutation of anything I have said.  Notice how - as Sal has already pointed out - no one is coming to the defense of anything that you have said - and, oddly enough, that even includes yourself.  You're not even coming to your own defense.

The writing is on the wall.  You can say that I'm hate filled all you like.  I think you need to look in the mirror.

No one wants to confront you.  They're afraid they'll become the next target of your hate and all you've produced nothing I've posted which can be legitimally refuted, except for one thread where you really went off the rails.

A month's long hate and grudge of JOBS?

Show some people you're grown up.

I'm just going to jump in right here because I'm completely sick of you people telling Boards to grow up. YOU GROW UP. There's a reason you were banned, and the jobs reports was just the straw, "buddy". Your constant lying is toxic here, as it was at the PNJ. This is Boards' forum and he is in charge. If you don't like it, leave. Don't let the door...don't forget your horse.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum