Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oscars

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oscars Empty Oscars 2/28/2016, 9:49 pm

2seaoat

I used to watch them and care about who was nominated, but the last ten years, I could care less. I just turned in and will see if why I quit watching is still true.

2Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 2/28/2016, 10:12 pm

Haven't watched since the year Philip Seymour Hoffman and Joaquin Phoenix were up for best actor. Hoffman won for Capote - completely and totally deserved. But man did Phoenix pull off Johnny Cash to a T.

3Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 2/28/2016, 10:25 pm

2seaoat

But man did Phoenix pull off Johnny Cash to a T.

He was brilliant. Actually, I am enjoying tonight. There have been a couple great skits dealing with the exclusion of black artists this year. Mad Max has gotten a couple of technical awards for costumes and sets. I thought Hardy did a good job in that movie and was really should have been nominated as best actor instead of Leo.

4Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 2/28/2016, 10:28 pm

2seaoat

Mad Max just got its third technical Oscar for make up. I just did not see this coming.

5Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 2/28/2016, 10:39 pm

2seaoat

The revenant just got a technical award for cinematography.....have to agree with this one.

6Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 2/28/2016, 10:43 pm

2seaoat

Wow Mad max just got its fourth technical award for film editing....I have seen the movie on HBO and thought it was ok.....Hardy did a great job.....but it just did not seem that technically better than the earlier versions......I would never have imagined this movie would get four awards.

7Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 2/28/2016, 10:51 pm

2seaoat

Sound editing.....another Mad Max....I think that is the fifth technical award for Mad Max. shocked. I won over star wars.......

8Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 2/28/2016, 10:53 pm

2seaoat

Sound mixing.....wtf......mad max.....I have lost count.....sixth or seventh technical award, and I was not impressed watching it on tv. Maybe in the theater I would have had another opinion.

9Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 2/28/2016, 11:06 pm

Sal

Sal

Mad Max was an absolute spectacle.

It is richly deserving of every award it gets.

10Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 2/28/2016, 11:11 pm

2seaoat

Mad Max was an absolute spectacle.

It is richly deserving of every award it gets.

Did you watch it at the theater? I saw it on TV on HBO and honestly, I thought the original was much better. I did however like Tom Hardy, but I guess something was lost on the small screen. I saw the original in the theater.

11Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 2/28/2016, 11:20 pm

2seaoat

The Kohl commercials have been great.

12Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 2/28/2016, 11:32 pm

2seaoat

Tom Hardy got ignored again.

13Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 2/28/2016, 11:42 pm

Sal

Sal

I saw the first Mad Max Hollywood movie at 15.

It blew my mind.

When the new Mad Max came out, I told my son to wait to see it with me in the theater over summer vacation, but it's original run wasn't long enough.

As soon as it was available, we watched on our 75" tv with sorround sound.

It blew my mind again, and went to see it in a second run theater to experience the full effect.

Some things, only Hollywood can do.

14Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 2/29/2016, 12:15 am

2seaoat

This has been an enjoyable evening of watching incredible talent.  Lady Gaga was just off the chart.  I keep getting blown away by this artist's talents.  An incredibly moving performance

15Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 2/29/2016, 12:39 am

2seaoat

The revenant best director. It was a good movie.

16Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 2/29/2016, 1:01 am

2seaoat

Wow.....spotlight got best picture. I have not seen it and will make that a priority with the big short.

17Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 2/29/2016, 1:37 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:This has been an enjoyable evening of watching incredible talent. Lady Gaga was just off the chart. I keep getting blown away by this artist's talents. An incredibly moving performance

I have been a big fan of hers for many years. At first, I was hesitant to admit I liked her so much because of all her antics.

I watched a movie on Netflix instead of the Oscars. I can't recall the last time I watched one but apparently their ratings went down the drain. Over the years it
seemed those movies up for many awards were ones I did not enjoy or walked out and other where thoroughly enjoyable and fun.

I agree, part of awards show problems are technical awards, taking time and being totally boring to everyone but some of the folks sitting in the audience.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum