Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oscars

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oscars Empty Oscars 1/27/2016, 7:23 am

Telstar

Telstar

Sorry that Depp in Black Mass was snubbed by Oscar this year. Looks like DiCaprio and Brie Larson are heavy favorites for actor and actress. Best Picture is wide open with The Revenant, Spotlight and The Big Short all gaining ground toward the top prize. The Revenant director Alejandro G. Iñárritu is up for his second win in 2 years and it's cinematographer, Emmanuel Lubezki is looking for a threepeat.

2Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 2/2/2016, 2:44 pm

Telstar

Telstar

The Revenant is brutal at the start and at the end but other than the bear attack it's slow going in between.

3Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 2/25/2016, 5:42 am

Telstar

Telstar

Expect the Revenant to clean up on Sunday. Stallone will win for Creed.

4Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 4/16/2016, 12:37 pm

Vikingwoman

Telstar wrote:The Revenant is brutal at the start and at the end but other than the bear attack it's slow going in between.

I saw the Revenant last night and wondered how he survived that bear attack w/o dying of infection. My son said in real life DiCaprios character backed up to a tree that had maggots and had them eat the infection. They didn't add that part because the director wanted the movie to be shot during winter and here are no maggots then.

5Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 4/17/2016, 1:10 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Vikingwoman wrote:
Telstar wrote:The Revenant is brutal at the start and at the end but other than the bear attack it's slow going in between.

I saw the Revenant last night and wondered how he survived that bear attack w/o dying of infection. My son said in real life DiCaprios character backed up to a tree that had maggots and had them eat the infection. They didn't add that part because the director wanted the movie to be shot during winter and here are no maggots then.

Thanks for that info Vikingwoman. I didn't read the book. Loved the Drudge headline "Leonardo DiCaprio raped by bear." LOL. Still enjoyed it more than Spotlight. I think Spotlight only took 2 awards. Couldn't get into The Big Short, the big snooze. The Martian was okay but not so much compared to Interstellar. Mad Max won the most awards but didn't find it to be all that better than the original movie. Brooklyn was a nice old time move and Saoirse Ronan should be around for a long time.

6Oscars Empty Re: Oscars 4/20/2016, 12:00 am

Vikingwoman

I was particularly repulsed by him gutting the horse and getting inside naked? I don't see how he didn't freeze to death anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum