Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GOP poised to win 47 states in the general election.

+3
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/265355-economist-gop-may-win-47-states-in-general-election

Supply-side economist Arthur Laffer is predicting Republicans will win the White House in a landslide this year, regardless of the nominee.

“I would be surprised if the Republicans don’t take 45, 46, 47 states out of the 50,” Laffer told host John Catsimatidis on “The Cats Roundtable” on New York’s AM-970 on Sunday.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm nobody and this guy is famous so he must be right.  And the way I figure it,  Trump winning 47 states is about the same odds as that billion dollar Powerball.  So I'm heading to Circle K right now to get a ticket before they run out.  lol

p.s.  somebody calculated that the 1 in 290,000,000 chance of winning,  is ten times longer odds than being struck by lighting WHILE YOU'RE DROWNING.  I shit you not,  heard that on the news.  lol

So you're saying there's a chance?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:So you're saying there's a chance?

Absolutely.  I would say the chance is about equal to teo posting to say he's changed his mind about queers.  lol

2seaoat

Numerous leading economists have rejected the rationale of the Laffer Curve. When asked whether a “cut in federal income tax rates in the US right now would raise taxable income enough so that the annual total tax revenue would be higher within five years than without the tax cut,” 96% of economists surveyed by the University of Chicago in 2012 disagreed. In response to this survey question, Richard Thaler of the University of Chicago said, “That’s a Laffer.”

A republican landslide in 2016.....that is another Laffer.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

https://newrepublic.com/article/64873/feast-the-wingnuts

Feast of the Wingnuts

BY JONATHAN CHAIT

September 9, 2007

How economic crackpots devoured American politics.

This piece is adapted from Jonathan Chait's book, The Big Con: The True Story of How Washington Got Hoodwinked and Hijacked by Crackpot Economics, which will be published on September 12 by Houghton Mifflin.

"American politics has been hijacked by a tiny coterie of right-wing economic extremists, some of them ideological zealots, others merely greedy, a few of them possibly insane. The scope of their triumph is breathtaking. Over the course of the last three decades, they have moved from the right-wing fringe to the commanding heights of the national agenda. Notions that would have been laughed at a generation ago--that cutting taxes for the very rich is the best response to any and every economic circumstance or that it is perfectly appropriate to turn the most rapacious and self-interested elements of the business lobby into essentially an arm of the federal government--are now so pervasive, they barely attract any notice.

The result has been a slowmotion disaster. Income inequality has approached levels normally associated with Third World oligarchies, not healthy Western democracies. The federal government has grown so encrusted with business lobbyists that it can no longer meet the great public challenges of our time. Not even many conservative voters or intellectuals find the result congenial. Government is no smaller--it is simply more debt-ridden and more beholden to wealthy elites.

It was not always this way. A generation ago, Republican economics was relentlessly sober. Republicans concerned themselves with such ills as deficits, inflation, and excessive spending. They did not care very much about cutting taxes, and (as in the case of such GOP presidents as Herbert Hoover and Gerald Ford) they were quite willing to raise taxes in order to balance the budget. While many of them were wealthy and close to business, the leaders of business themselves had a strong sense of social responsibility that transcended their class interests. By temperament, such men were cautious rather than utopian.

Over the last three decades, however, such Republicans have passed almost completely from the scene, at least in Washington, to be replaced by, essentially, a cult..."

(this is a long article...read the rest for context)

Note: Boards, included in the "cult" is Milton Friedman.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

GOP poised to win 47 states in the general election. Hillar10

That binge drinks on the job.....?

I hear she's a pill head too. She apparently receives calls in the evenings that she has no memory of the next day.

Not to mention seizures, narcolepsy, and incontinence. But hey... that's the best shot the leftists have.

Yea team..!!

Sal

Sal

Dayum, the Hillary administration is gonna be even more fun than anticipated.

2seaoat

Especially with PK calling her at night to give us updates. You want to tell us about those private tennis lessons?

Markle

Markle

Law Enforcement Officials, Medical Professionals: There’s Something Seriously Wrong With Hillary Clinton’s Health

by ALEX SWOYER6 Jan 2016Washington, DC

Democrat frontrunner Hillary Clinton’s disappearance from the debate stage last month left people speculating that the former First Lady took a long bathroom break, but now a law-enforcement source with inside connections is alleging that Clinton was missing from the stage due to health issues stemming from a previous brain injury.

These long-lasting symptoms stemming from a concussion and blood clot, according to a neurologist, suggest Clinton is suffering from post-concussion syndrome, which can severely impact her cognitive abilities.

All that said, however, Clinton’s campaign maintained to Breitbart News that she is in good health and can serve as President of the United States.

“Strong source just told me something I suspected. Hillary’s debate ‘bathroom break’ wasn’t that, but flare up of problems from brain injury,” wrote John Cardillo on Twitter.

Cardillo, who previously worked as an officer who provided VIP security details for the New York Police Department (NYPD), told Breitbart News that he knows of two additional sources who have commented about Clinton’s health problems, which have even impacted her ability to walk to her car after delivering a speech.

“I got this from both a [federal agent] … and I also got it from a New York [NYPD] guy who worked security at a Hillary event in New York City,” Cardillo told Breitbart News, adding:

These are two people that aren’t just personal friends. I worked with one and then post law-enforcement worked with another on some related things. So, these aren’t anonymous people. These are good friends. Both of them told me the same thing, that after her speeches, whether she did a talk or a policy speech, she had to sit behind – she would come off the podium backstage – and have to sit and rest before making it back to the car because she was so fatigued, dizzy and disoriented.

Read more:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/06/law-enforcement-officials-medical-professionals-theres-something-seriously-wrong-hillary-clintons-health/

Progressives, please attack the facts, not the source.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Go Bernie, Go!!

2seaoat wrote:Especially with PK calling her at night to give us updates. You want to tell us about those private tennis lessons?

She makes really bad line calls, cheats on the score, and berates her partners.

2seaoat

She makes really bad line calls, cheats on the score, and berates her partners.

So you agree it would be wrong to berate Bill....... Very Happy

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:Go Bernie, Go!!

GOP poised to win 47 states in the general election. TinFoilManandAngryCat2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum