Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I would like to praise Boards for getting out of his mom's basement in this crappy economy...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-27/why-are-half-all-25-year-olds-still-living-their-parents-federal-reserve-answers

Why Are Half Of All 25-Year-Olds Living With Their Parents? The Federal Reserve Answers

Back in 1999, a quarter of all 25-year-olds lived with their parents. By 2013 this number has doubled, and currently half of young adults live in their parents home.

While the troubling implications for the economy from this startling increase are self-evident, and have been extensively discussed both here and elsewhere (and are among the key factors pushing both the US and global economy into secular stagnation), a just as important question is why are increasingly more young adults still living at home.

More facts of failure on the Obama economy

2seaoat

More facts of failure on the Obama economy

Blame the tow truck driver after some idiot drove the economy into the ditch....brilliant.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

This is true about Millenials. My daughter finally moved out into her own place in East Hill about a month ago.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:This is true about Millenials. My daughter finally moved out into her own place in East Hill about a month ago.

I've been observing millenials who belong to friends and relatives for about 5 years now. 
I see so many failed ones.  But then I encounter others who somehow knew how to break the mold.  And those,  even though their numbers are small,  are some of the most impressive human beings of any generation I've ever had the privelege of getting to know.  There's just not enough of those.  I hope there's enough to carry American civilization forward.  Probably are. 

But what I really wanted to reply to is where your daughter is living.
I haven't traveled America as much as some people,  but I've experienced most of the major places across the country, including very urban,  very rural and in between. 
I can say this flatly.  I have experienced no other place in America I would rather live in than in the East Hill neighborhood of Pensacola.
And it's not because that local realtor put a sign in about every other yard saying "I Love Living In East Hill".  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Tell your daughter she's really living in Lakeview.
Before World War 2,  that's what it was called.  That's why that old decrepit east/west main drag running through it is called "Lakeview Avenue".
Since the neighborhood straddles a bayou and not a lake and there is no lake anywhere in Pensacola proper,  nobody has ever been able to tell me how it got that name.  But it's just another wonderful oddity of the place.  Maybe back then they were so ignorant they thought Bayou Texar was a lake.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum