Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can seaoat and others, who keep telling us Republicans represent racism, explain this?

+2
gatorfan
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

gatorfan

Salinsky wrote:Can seaoat and others,  who keep telling us Republicans represent racism,  explain this? - Page 2 Screen20

It always makes things more convenient when you take things out of context or use slanted (biased) "poll" questions.

Obama had no foreign policy experience either. Stalemate.

"I would have problems with somebody who embraced all the doctrines associated with Islam," Carson said. "If they are not willing to reject sharia and all the portions of it that are talked about in the Quran -- if they are not willing to reject that, and subject that to American values and the Constitution, then of course, I would."

“I think the likelihood of Hitler being able to accomplish his goals would have been greatly diminished if the people had been armed,” Carson said.
Blitzer pushed a bit more: “Because they had a powerful military machine, as you know, the Nazis.”
“I understand that,” Carson said. “I’m telling you that there is a reason that these dictatorial people take the guns first.”

"You know Obamacare is really I think the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery," Carson, who is African American, said Friday in remarks at the Values Voter Summit in Washington. "And it is in a way, it is slavery in a way, because it is making all of us subservient to the government, and it was never about health care. It was about control."

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:
"I would have problems with somebody who embraced all the doctrines associated with Islam," Carson said. "If they are not willing to reject sharia and all the portions of it that are talked about in the Quran -- if they are not willing to reject that, and subject that to American values and the Constitution, then of course, I would."

“I think the likelihood of Hitler being able to accomplish his goals would have been greatly diminished if the people had been armed,” Carson said.
Blitzer pushed a bit more: “Because they had a powerful military machine, as you know, the Nazis.”
“I understand that,” Carson said. “I’m telling you that there is a reason that these dictatorial people take the guns first.”

"You know Obamacare is really I think the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery," Carson, who is African American, said Friday in remarks at the Values Voter Summit in Washington. "And it is in a way, it is slavery in a way, because it is making all of us subservient to the government, and it was never about health care. It was about control."

I know, right?

The man is complete lunatic with no understanding of history.

Thanks for the illustrations.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: only a fool would think that the election of Dr. Carson would prove that racism is dead...

Racism will never be "dead".   Racism and all other forms of bigotry are as inherent to humans as breathing.

But everything evolves over time.  And that includes racism.  And the evidence for that can be found in those polls.
You just don't want to accept it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Something weird has happened with this forum software.
Whenever I type a reply to a post it now puts it in bold fonts like Sal uses except I'm not telling it to do that.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

“No matter how you care to define it, I do not identify with the local group. Planet, species, race, nation, state, religion, party, union, club, association, neighborhood improvement committee; I have no interest in any of it. I love and treasure individuals as I meet them, I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to.”

--  George Carlin

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.salon.com/topic/ben_carson_2016/

http://www.salon.com/2015/10/07/ben_carson_is_just_this_vile_5_repugnant_statement_hes_made_since_the_oregon_mass_shooting/

If this man actually believes what he's saying, he's nuts. If he doesn't believe what he's saying, he's also nuts. So where does that leave you?

2seaoat

Dr. Carson is simply a feel good I am not a racist reaction to polls, wait until actual votes.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Dr. Carson is simply a feel good I am not a racist reaction to polls, wait until actual votes.

The evidence for that could be Herman Cain.  He won the Iowa primary too.

But then again,  so far at least we haven't found out that Carson tried to have intercourse with every woman he met.  Like Cain and Bill Cosby.  lol
So maybe Carson will still have legs after Iowa.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:Do you know what this is like and what you're like,  Sal and seaot.

You're like the bible thumpers who convince themselves the world is 6000 years old.
And then when confronted with the evidence that the world is not 6000 years old,  you keep trying to spin it in ways to keep convincing yourself and others that you're still right about it.

lol

According to you and your comrades, since semi-retired President Obama is a Christian, he also believes that the world is 6,000 years old.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
According to you and your comrades, since semi-retired President Obama is a Christian, he also believes that the world is 6,000 years old.

If my semi-retired messiah believes the world is 6000 years old,  then that's good enough for me.  So I take it all back.
But I do wonder why my messiah is only semi-retired.  He oughta try full retirement like me.  I took to it like a maggot on rotten food.  Beats all the stress of the workplace.

2seaoat

Not all Christians believe the earth is 6,000 years old. I believe as a geology minor that the earth is much much older. I also believe that God is infinite in time and space and that the concept of creation is illogical, yet the bible gives us tools to understand the same without an arbitrary time line.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Not all Christians believe the earth is 6,000 years old.  I believe as a geology minor that the earth is much much older.  I also believe that God is infinite in time and space and that the concept of creation is illogical, yet the bible gives us tools to understand the same without an arbitrary time line.

You must be one of those seven day inventors like Ben Carson. 
I'm with the Donald.  I don't know about that.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

"According to you and your comrades, since semi-retired President Obama is a Christian, he also believes that the world is 6,000 years old."

Aren't you a Christian, Markle? That's what you always claim. Do you subscribe to "creationist theory"? Or is it just the President?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The next time you hear Carson speak, close your eyes and listen. This "soft-spoken" candidate wasn't always so non-violent:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/25/ben-carson-teen-hammers-republicans-donald-trump

"...On NBC, Carson continued: “I am soft-spoken. I do have a tendency to be relaxed. I wasn’t always like that. There was a time when I was, you know, very volatile. But, you know, I changed.

“As a teenager, I would go after people with rocks, and bricks, and baseball bats, and hammers. And, of course, many people know the story when I was 14 and I tried to stab someone. And, you know, fortunately … my life has been changed. And I’m a very different person now.”

Carson, the author of a number of bestselling books, has often told the story of his wayward youth and the time he attempted to stab a friend. The person he threatened with a hammer was his mother..."

Disgusting overt racism. If his message was the same as obama his background would be cute and colorful.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Disgusting overt racism. If his message was the same as obama his background would be cute and colorful.

I agree.

His childhood lunacy is irrelevant.

It's his current lunacy that should be the disqualifier.

2seaoat

I agree.

His childhood lunacy is irrelevant.

It's his current lunacy that should be the disqualifier.

Agree. Now the burden is on PK to show President Obama running in either campaign where he said things only a lunatic would say. Dr. Carson has said some very strange things which make no sense. PK you have your opportunity to prove why we are racist by showing clearly lunatic sayings of President Obama during his campaigns.

“I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits —either now or in the future, I will not sign it if it adds one dime to the deficit, now or in the future, period.”

"If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period."

"If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan."

“You’re not going to have anybody getting in between you and your doctor in your decision making.”

“In an Obama administration, we’ll lower premiums by up to $2,500 for a typical family per year.”

“Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase.”

“[W]hatever ideas exist in terms of bending the cost curve and starting to reduce costs for families, businesses, and government, those elements are in this bill.”

“I will protect Medicare.”

“I will sign a universal health care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American.”

“So this law means more choice, more competition, lower costs for millions of Americans.”

“Governor Romney,I'm glad that you recognize that Al Qaida is a threat,because a few months ago when you were asked what's the biggest geopolitical threat facing America, you said Russia, not Al Qaida; you said Russia,in the 1980s,they're now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because,you know,the Cold War's been over for 20 years.” Barack Obama, October 22, 2012

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir

“If four Americans get killed, it’s not optimal.”

“We have communicated in no uncertain terms with every player in the region that that's a red line for us and that there would be enormous consequences if we start seeing movement on the chemical weapons front or the use of chemical weapons.” Barack Obama, August 21, 2012

“if you’ve been successful,you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think,well,it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something: there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. If you were successful,somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business,you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.” Barack Obama, July 13, 2012

“I am in this race to tell the corporate lobbyists that their days of setting the agenda in Washington are over,” Obama said in a 2007

“[T]here’s no denying that many blacks share the same anxieties as many whites about the wave of illegal immigration flooding our Southern border—a sense that what’s happening now is fundamentally different from what has gone on before,” then-Senator Obama wrote in his 2006 autobiography,“The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream.”

”Not all these fears are irrational,”

“The number of immigrants added to the labor force every year is of a magnitude not seen in this country for over a century,” Obama noted. “If this huge influx of mostly low-skill workers provides some benefits to the economy as a whole —especially by keeping our workforce young,in contrast to an increasingly geriatric Europe and Japan—it also threatens to depress further the wages of blue-collar Americans and put strains on an already overburdened safety net.”

“Native-born Americans suspect that it is they,and not the immigrant,who are being forced to adapt” to social changes caused by migration."

“And if I’m honest with myself,I must admit that I’m not entirely immune to such nativist sentiments,” Obama wrote. “When I see Mexican flags waved at pro-immigration demonstrations,I sometimes feel a flush of patriotic resentment. When I’m forced to use a translator to communicate with the guy fixing my car,I feel a certain frustration."

" Four years ago, I promised to end the war in Iraq -- and we did. I said we’d wind down the war in Afghanistan -- and we are. And while a new tower rises above the New York skyline, al Qaeda is on the path to defeat, and Osama bin Laden is dead.”

“We’ve got choices about war and peace,” Obama said. “I ended the war in Iraq, as I promised. We are transitioning out of Afghanistan. We have gone after the terrorists who actually attacked us 9/11 and decimated al Qaeda.”

“We’ve decimated al Qaeda’s top leadership in the border regions around Pakistan, but in Yemen, in Libya, in other of these places – increasingly in places like Syria – what you see is these elements that don’t have the same capacity that a bin Laden or core al Qaeda had, but can still cause a lot of damage, and we’ve got to make sure that we remain vigilant and are focused on preventing them from doing us any harm.”

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum