Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This latest police shooting is tough to figure out.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/21/us/police-killing-of-corey-jones-a-black-drummer-in-florida-is-investigated.html?_r=0

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I think the operative terms are unmarked and plain clothes...any cop making a stop in those conditions with a gun pulled should expect to get shot.....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But unless the cop is mentally ill or wants to see all black people dead,  I can't imagine he would shoot this person for no reason. 

And then on the other hand,  I can see no reason why the person described to be who he is in that article would ever pull a gun on a cop.

And then there's the box for the gun in there.

And what is the cops's story? 

But don't miss the clue about there being some intense cop-hating stuff circulating locally.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob I could hold up a plastic sheriff badge from the toy store yell cop and rob you blind if I were wearing shorts and tennis shoes...there's something wrong with plain clothes/unmarked stops...They need to be banned...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I just heard the NBC Radio hourly newscast and as of now the cops are still not revealing anything about what the cop's side of the story is.
I don't know what that indicates,  that it looks bad for him or it looks good for him.

This is why we need to get dashcams and body cams on every cop in the country.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:I just heard the NBC Radio hourly newscast and as of now the cops are still not revealing anything about what the cop's side of the story is.
I don't know what that indicates,  that it looks bad for him or it looks good for him.

BINGO BOB....

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Bob wrote:I just heard the NBC Radio hourly newscast and as of now the cops are still not revealing anything about what the cop's side of the story is.

BINGO BOB....

Agreed... this is my argument for restricting and holding the politicians accountable for campaign reform too. Everybody wants to limit the private sector/citizens... but it's the govt that must be transparent and accountable... not we the people.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is the latest police account from the local newspaper.
"Stepp" is Palm Beach Gardens Police Chief Stephen Stepp.

The confrontation occurred at about 3:15 a.m. Sunday, Stepp said. According to band mates and family, Jones was driving back to Boynton Beach from a gig in Jupiter with his band, Future Prezidents, on Interstate 95 when his car broke down at PGA Boulevard.

Raja, working a burglary detail, was parked in a lot near the area, Stepp said.
Thinking the car was abandoned, Raja drove up to investigate, Stepp said. At the same time, Stepp said, Jones, holding the gun, confronted Raja. Stepp said the gun was found on the ground at the scene and its box was in Jones' car.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/fl-palm-beach-gardens-shooting-plain-clothes-20151020-story.html

Since the cop was in plain clothes and in an unmarked car I can speculate about what happened.
The victim had only bought the gun 3 days earlier.  He may have been paranoid and thought he needed a gun for protection.  I would too if I had to live in that hellhole down there.
So he breaks down at 3 AM and at some point an unmarked car comes onto the scene with somebody in plain clothes coming out of it.
Thinking the cop was a bad guy,  the victim had his gun in hand thinking he needed it to protect himself.
The cop saw this and took it as a threat and shot him dead. 

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Bob I could hold up a plastic sheriff badge from the toy store yell cop and rob you blind if I were wearing shorts and tennis shoes...there's something wrong with plain clothes/unmarked stops...They need to be banned...

Yeah boy, there certainly has been a wave of such behavior.

How many times have you been pulled over by an unmarked car with the officers in plainclothes?

If you have been, you must have been in deep, deep doo, doo!

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I think the operative terms are unmarked and plain clothes...any cop making a stop in those conditions with a gun pulled should expect to get shot.....

Could well be the most foolish statement ever on this forum.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I think the operative terms are unmarked and plain clothes...any cop making a stop in those conditions with a gun pulled should expect to get shot.....

Could well be the most foolish statement ever on this forum.

Joe nobody dressed like he's going to the beach walks up to my passenger window with a gun pointed at me he's asking for a gunfight. We hang people that don't wear uniforms in a real war. Not much difference. How am I supposed to know it's not a murderer wanting to steal my car and kill me? I would say the fool would be you. Just when do you think you should exercise your right of self defense..after you have a couple of bullets in your head ?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

About 30 years ago,  I was driving south on Collins Ave.  As I got beside the parking lot on the side of the Eden Roc (one of Miami Beach's most prestigious hotels),  I looked to my left and saw someone breaking into a car.  It was broad daylight and the car was about 10 feet from the most heavily traveled main drag of Miami Beach.
It was the first and only time I've ever watched someone break into a car.

In later years I saw news reports of how tourists driving away from the Miami Airport in rental cars were being made the victims of fake accidents.
The thugs were ramming into the rental cars and then robbing the occupants.

All that was in an era well before South Florida became the cesspool of crime  it is today.

I'm the furthest thing from a gun nut you can imagine.  I don't even like guns.
But I would never go into that hellhole of South Florida ever again without having a loaded gun in my vehicle,  and that's regardless of what any laws say.
In fact,  I wouldn't go there again even WITH a loaded gun.  I'd just soon drive through South Chicago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum