Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illegal Immigration

+9
TEOTWAWKI
dumpcare
Sal
Vikingwoman
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
Wordslinger
2seaoat
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Illegal Immigration - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Immigration 8/25/2015, 2:41 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

polecat wrote:from 2006

As Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano observes, “Show me a 50-foot wall, and I’ll show you a 51-foot ladder.”

Fences (walls) are not a 100% solution, but they have their place as a tool in border enforcement ... but they need to ask the Chief Patrol Agent in each Border Patrol Sector specifically what they need where instead of having ignorant politicians in Washington DC deciding for them.

27Illegal Immigration - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Immigration 8/25/2015, 2:46 pm

2seaoat

Documented and undocumented immigration is good for our economy. It makes as much sense turning the lack of documentation into a major crime as turning a 10mph over the speed limit into a felony. This is simply about xenophobic racism and nothing else. I have no problem on tightening our borders and tracking folks who are visiting on a visa. However, this hateful elevation of folks seeking work into felons and dangerous people is just so much xenophobic hate. This country is great because we had open immigration until the twenties when the Nazi movements across the world started to think some humans were less than others and how did that work out. Enough. Pass the Senate bill which strengthens our borders, and gives a path to citizenship to folks who want to work. Criminals need to be in jail, but undocumented folks are not criminals because of their status.....that BS hate has to stop.

28Illegal Immigration - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Immigration 8/25/2015, 2:57 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:Documented and undocumented immigration is good for our economy.  It makes as much sense turning the lack of documentation into a major crime as turning a 10mph over the speed limit into a felony.  This is simply about xenophobic racism and nothing else.  I have no problem on tightening our borders and tracking folks who are visiting on a visa.  However, this hateful elevation of folks seeking work into felons and dangerous people is just so much xenophobic hate.  This country is great because we had open immigration until the twenties when the Nazi movements across the world started to think some humans were less than others and how did that work out.  Enough.  Pass the Senate bill which strengthens our borders, and gives a path to citizenship to folks who want to work.  Criminals need to be in jail, but undocumented folks are not criminals because of their status.....that BS hate has to stop.

Undocumented aliens and visa violators who have committed no other crime need to be administratively deported.

Criminal cases should only be made in egregious/aggravated cases.

29Illegal Immigration - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Immigration 8/25/2015, 3:12 pm

2seaoat

Undocumented aliens and visa violators who have committed no other crime need to be administratively deported.

Criminal cases should only be made in egregious/aggravated cases.

why?

30Illegal Immigration - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Immigration 8/25/2015, 3:27 pm

polecat

polecat

[quote="EmeraldGhost"

What does that mean, administratively deported?

You are going home as soon as the crops are in?

31Illegal Immigration - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Immigration 8/25/2015, 3:34 pm

2seaoat

I have this picture of EG in a boat in the gulf. it has a gash in its side in the front and a gash in its side in the back. He thinks the water coming in the front is more dangerous than the water from the back because it is brown tinted. He is desperately bailing out the brown water, as the blue water fills the boat and sinks it. I think we need to fix the gashes in the boat, and then worry about the water in the boat. Pass the senate bill into law, and quit feeding hate.

32Illegal Immigration - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Immigration 8/25/2015, 5:00 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I know illegal immigrants.   They are great hard working family people.  I have known an illegal who was a criminal who exposed himself to his daughter's friend.   Was his immigration status what made him evil.......nope, there are bad people in every population.   I saw how great Reagan's leadership was with Social Security reform and immigration reform.   The Senate Bill was great for America.  I am not afraid of brown or black people.   I do not get scared when talking to my Muslim friends.  A Muslim surgeon at Northwestern extended my life last summer and I am glad his family came to America and their son excelled.  I am sorry that dullards who are low hanging fruit feel threatened by people of color.   I cannot be the Wizard of Oz and give out courage.....so the cowards will whine, but the folks who are here are and will reach for the American dream just like each of our families.  The xenophobes are just small sad people.

After reading this,  may I ask you a sincere question,  seaoat?

Since all the people entering this country illegally are honest, hard working people who become model citizens,  don't you think the best policy we could adopt is just to do away with the borders?  Why would we want borders when all that does is make it more difficult for all the model citizens to come here?

33Illegal Immigration - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Immigration 8/25/2015, 5:24 pm

Mexican Cartels Human Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7588408

In the current immigration debate much is said about the increasing difficulties that undocumented immigrants face due to the recent security measures taken in the Mexico-U.S border,but little attention is devoted to the role that the empowerment of Mexican drug cartels has played in reshaping the human smuggling dynamics in the last years. Until 2009,at least 47 independent cartels dedicated to human smuggling and human trafficking operated in Mexico. However,with the emergence of Los Zetas as an independent cartel in 2010 and the empowerment of the Cartel Del Golfo (CDG) in the last five years,the smaller cartels have been absorbed or destroyed,producing a dramatic change in the dynamics of human trafficking and human smuggling in the country.

Mexican drug cartels have identified a lucrative niche of opportunity in the geostrategic position of Mexico as "bridge country" for migration flows towards the U.S.,and are now actively exploiting it. These organizations have vigorously seized the human smuggling activities in the southern and northern borders of Mexico,and have transformed them into diverse forms of trafficking and exploitation. Every year thousands of Central Americans fall prey to drug cartels while crossing the southern border of Mexico. The victims are frequently extorted,assaulted,and trafficked for forced labor and sexual exploitation within the country and in the United States. Some of the immigrants are forced to beg for money on the streets,while others are found in this position after being extorted and deprived from their resources to cross the border. In this dramatic scenario,the increase in trafficking of immigrant children who are captured by the cartels for sexual exploitation,forced labor or used as child soldiers in the drug wars in the country becomes particularly worrisome.

34Illegal Immigration - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Immigration 8/25/2015, 5:55 pm

2seaoat

End the drug war.......duh. Make our cities safer, our border safer, and save billions taking people off the government teat. Why are we not hearing this debate in the Republican Party.....little squeaks from Paul, but rumor is he is quitting the Presidential Race to save his Senate seat.

35Illegal Immigration - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Immigration 8/25/2015, 6:02 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

polecat wrote:[quote="EmeraldGhost"

What does that mean, administratively deported?

You are going home as soon as the crops are in?

Deportation, Voluntary Return, and Expedited Removal are administrative processes under the Immigration and Nationality Act. The immigration courts are run by the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR - a DOJ agency) and are staffed with Immigration Judges who are technically Administrative Law Judges (not too much unlike those who do Social Security cases)  It is a function of the executive branch of government.   The Federal judiciary does not normally have a role.   This is how 99% of aliens are (and have always been) deported or otherwise removed from this country. (btw - there is about to be a huge shortage of Immigration Judges ... so any attorneys out there looking for a job might want to look into it) Judicial orders of deportation generally only occur in cases where an alien is being criminally prosecuted and convicted for some other crime.

I'm not talking out of my *ss here.  I was a qualified subject matter expert on the topic up to about 5 years ago when I was able to quit the rat-race. (now I travel, fish, ride my Harley .... and blab on the internet when it's too hot & I'm in town  Very Happy   )

To criminally prosecute each & every illegal alien for 8 USC 1325, 1326, or some other applicable criminal provision of the United States Code would be a nightmare.  Have you any idea how the Federal criminal courts operate?  It's not like your local traffic court.

36Illegal Immigration - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Immigration 8/26/2015, 10:12 am

gatorfan

It's amusing to watch the MSM hammer GOP wanna be candidates on every little thing about immigration when this administration (and most previous ones) has done nothing about the issue except ignore it as best they can.

There is no single best answer. IMO if an illegal is already here and has a job with no police record then give them a legitimate (and workable) path to become a legal citizen. If a young person is here illegally because their parents brought them here as children then do the same. If an illegal is here and has a child then the child is a citizen - bottom line.

37Illegal Immigration - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Immigration 8/26/2015, 10:15 am

2seaoat

There is no single best answer. IMO if an illegal is already here and has a job with no police record then give them a legitimate (and workable) path to become a legal citizen. If a young person is here illegally because their parents brought them here as children then do the same. If an illegal is here and has a child then the child is a citizen - bottom line.

Agree

38Illegal Immigration - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Immigration 8/26/2015, 12:45 pm

polecat

polecat

[quote="gatorfan"]It's amusing to watch the MSM hammer GOP wanna be candidates on every little thing about immigration

Do you include fox in the MSM?

It really shouldn’t come as a shock that when Cruz went on The Kelly File last night on Fox News, he made an absolute fool out of himself. It started with Megyn Kelly asking him if he would deport American citizens born to illegal immigrants, like Donald Trump said he would do.

“Do American citizen children of two illegal immigrants get deported under a President Cruz?,” Kelly asked.

After saying he didn’t want to “play her game” – because apparently asking a serious policy question that has major implications on the lives of millions of Americans (as well as our Constitution) is unreasonable to Cruz – he finally tried to blame her question on the “liberal” mainstream media.

No, seriously…

“I get that’s the question you want to ask,” Cruz responded. “That’s also the question every mainstream media liberal journalist wants to ask.”

39Illegal Immigration - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Immigration 8/26/2015, 2:44 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:There is no single best answer. IMO if an illegal is already here and has a job with no police record then give them a legitimate (and workable) path to become a legal citizen. If a young person is here illegally because their parents brought them here as children then do the same. If an illegal is here and has a child then the child is a citizen - bottom line.

Agree

Ummmm, excuse me .... but just how does this remedy the problem of millions of foreign citizens (both criminals & non-criminals) illegally crossing our borders or overstaying their visas every year?

40Illegal Immigration - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Immigration 8/26/2015, 9:07 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/07/24/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum