Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bill Cosby tried to ban this beautiful young girl from TV

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/janis-ian-says-bill-cosby-tried-to-ban-her-from-tv/ar-AAdJmn4

We listened to Bill Cosby make these horrible generalizations about black people but his fear and prejudice was not limited to his own race where he became the hero for every bigot......he attacked a young beautiful poet who he thought was a lesbian........evil is present around us at all times and each of us make choices and sometimes that can be a lonely journey, but this poet was a gift who almost was squashed by evil.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It's all a matter of personal taste,  but I never really thought he was all that funny.  That fat albert thing was sorta creative,  but to me it never lived up to the unbelievable amount of acclaim surrounding it.
And no it has nothing to do with racism.  I also thought Richard Pryor was a comedic genius and one of the all-time greats.

2seaoat

I really liked him in I Spy.......he was pretty good and perhaps closer to the person he was.......the father figure on the Cosby Show  is a bit repulsive in hindsight.  You probably know better than others how judgmental people can be, but to try to ban a person from TV because he perceives her to be a lesbian.....Johnny Carson, Frank Sinatra, and other courageous folks who said FU and stood against evil......but Cosby....he was always working an angle....and advantage......the part I simply do not understand is what fun is there having sex with an unconscious person.....do not get it, cannot imagine how that would be exciting or tantalizing.....never understood the allure of blow up dolls either.......I guess to each their own......well not exactly when you are raping somebody.

Sal

Sal

Bill Cosby tried to ban this beautiful young girl from TV Rs_634x850-150724131710-634-new-york-magazine-cosby-women

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat,

Just a few minutes ago on CNN, one of Cosby's attorneys, a black female, was asked if she'd ever heard of another case where the accused was innocent even though 30+ women had claimed to be victims of sexual abuse.

Her response was to ignore the question and compare what was happening to Cosby to the days of the "lynch mobs".

Wouldn't you call that a form of "dog whistling" in reverse? Or are caucasians the only people who are capable of dog whistling.

2seaoat

No, I think there has been a rush to judgment.  I have only heard second hand stories.  I have not listened to one interview with an alleged victim, and yet I have rushed to the conclusion that Crosby is a POS.   I am part of the mob......all on second hand information.  I think the attorney is correct that Cosby has EVERYBODY coming at him, and we have yet to hear from him.  My question is has there been any DNA evidence to confirm the alleged rapes with objective evidence?  I personally have been guilty of going with the flow of the Mob which I normally do not do, but thirty women all having an experience where they were drugged and believed they had been raped.....yea....maybe the lawyer is wrong, but I jumped on the bandwagon without a whole lot of facts.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:No, I think there has been a rush to judgment.  I have only heard second hand stories.  I have not listened to one interview with an alleged victim, and yet I have rushed to the conclusion that Crosby is a POS.   I am part of the mob......all on second hand information.  I think the attorney is correct that Cosby has EVERYBODY coming at him, and we have yet to hear from him.  My question is has there been any DNA evidence to confirm the alleged rapes with objective evidence?  I personally have been guilty of going with the flow of the Mob which I normally do not do, but thirty women all having an experience where they were drugged and believed they had been raped.....yea....maybe the lawyer is wrong, but I jumped on the bandwagon without a whole lot of facts.

He admitted in a court deposition that he drugged women to get them to submit to sex. How much more evidence do you need?
The only reason there is no DNA evidence is not because the victims won't cooperate. It's because Cosby has not been charged with any crime so they have no authority to sample his DNA.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So, yes, when his black female attorney compared his situation to blacks being subjected to "hanging parties", that is definitely by your own definition in prior posts, "dog whistling".

It's no different than Hucklebee "dog whistling" that stuff about comparing Obama to Hitler and the gas chambers.

One is "dog whistling" to the same portion of the black population which supported O.J. in attempt to get them to support Cosby too.

The other is "dog whistling" to the Obama-hating voter base.

2seaoat

He admitted in a court deposition that he drugged women to get them to submit to sex. How much more evidence do you need?

Not exactly Bob, and some of my reservations are the mob making chit up

"When you got the Quaaludes, was it in your mind that you were going to use these Quaaludes for young women that you wanted to have sex with?" Troiani asked.
"Yes," Cosby replied.

"Did you ever give any of those young women the Quaaludes without their knowledge?" Troiani asked.
Cosby's attorney objected and told him not to answer the question.

So Bob you patently lied, or admit you too have been caught up in the mob.  He admitted he obtained the drugs with the intent, he has NEVER admitted he has used the drugs.  Do you understand why we need to be careful in our rush to judgment.  I still believe he actually did give these women drugs, but we do not need to make chit up.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:It's all a matter of personal taste,  but I never really thought he was all that funny.  That fat albert thing was sorta creative,  but to me it never lived up to the unbelievable amount of acclaim surrounding it.
And no it has nothing to do with racism.  I also thought Richard Pryor was a comedic genius and one of the all-time greats.

Richard Pryor was great....loved his stand up and his movies. I think Chris Rock is even better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum