Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why are we spending BILLIONS to magnificently landscape our Interstate Highway Intersections?

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
knothead
Markle
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Why are we spending BILLIONS to magnificently landscape our Interstate Highway Intersections?

Drove to Jacksonville yesterday and back today. Massive infrastructure construction in Jacksonville. I-10 smooth as a baby's behind both directions.

I was curious about the low speed of the tractor trailers. I much prefer to drive late at night and it has been a while since I've made such a trip. I've trailed empty flatbeds at close to 90 for hours. Coming off I-75 onto I-10 trucks in the past were doing over 80.

Not yesterday or this afternoon. Not a single truck was going over 71. Does anyone know why? Are the big companies with GPS watching their drivers closer?

Markle

Markle

Progressives don't know either.

We just spend money as though it grows on trees, can't figure out why we're $18.3 TRILLION in debt and we're spending billions to plant trees on highways.

Why?

knothead

knothead

Are the big companies with GPS watching their drivers closer?

Absolutely Mr. Markle, todays' technology allows monitoring of their employees driving modes and their jobs depend on compliance it's just that simple. It also applies to railroads: Example: A locomotive engineer who exceeds the speed limit over three mph for more than four minutes without taking action to reduce speed automatically red flags in the cyber system and then automatically sends an alert to the applicable supervisor who then sends a warning notification to the employee with the warning placed in their personal file. An employee who receives three warnings in a thirty day period automatically serves thirty days without pay . . . . I'm confident that similar protocols are in effect in the trucking industry but cannot verify that . . . .

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Progressives don't know either.

We just spend money as though it grows on trees, can't figure out why we're $18.3 TRILLION in debt and we're spending billions to plant trees on highways.

Why?

Since YOU seem so worried about our national debt, why don't YOU give up YOUR rights to the Social Security and Medicare benefits that YOU currently qualify for? It would make a great statement, and might even get you on the 6 O'clock News. Action speaks louder than words, right?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:Progressives don't know either.

Why?

Since YOU seem so worried about our national debt, why don't YOU give up YOUR rights to the Social Security and Medicare benefits that YOU currently qualify for? It would make a great statement, and might even get you on the 6 O'clock News. Action speaks louder than words, right?

I'll make you a deal.  Simply repay to me all I paid into Social Security and Medicare since I started paying in the early 60's, plus a reasonable rate of interest, compounded all those years, and you've got a deal!

More obvious to me than all others, don't forget, being self employed, I paid in double.  Since 1984, that would be 14% then 15% of my income and I never paid less than the maximum.

Employees pay that same rate, they're just led to believe that the employer pays half. Amazing what people swallow when they desperately WANT to swallow what their being fed.

Have we got a deal?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Have we got a deal?

No dice. You don't get your tax money back; that was already spent paying current beneficiaries.

I take it you just want what is coming to you, and screw the future generations who will pay for your benefits. A viable solution to the debt-crisis indeed!
Exclamation

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The "stimulus" money built a sidewalk up down my street.  I never thought it necessary but what the hell,  there is some benefit to a sidewalk.

But just as I was beginning to make sense of the sidewalk,  the stimulus money built another sidewalk on the other side of the street.
Are we so lame that we can't cross a street to use a goddamn sidewalk on the other side for chrissakes?
Lord have mercy it boggles the mind to think about how much money must have been pissed away on thousands of miles of duplicate sidewalks.  At the SAME TIME the actual "infrastructure" is collapsing and falling apart.
That's how government operates you government loving a-holes.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:The "stimulus" money built a sidewalk up down my street.  I never thought it necessary but what the hell,  there is some benefit to a sidewalk.

But just as I was beginning to make sense of the sidewalk,  the stimulus money built another sidewalk on the other side of the street.
Are we so lame that we can't cross a street to use a goddamn sidewalk on the other side for chrissakes?
Lord have mercy it boggles the mind to think about how much money must have been pissed away on thousands of miles of duplicate sidewalks.  At the SAME TIME the actual "infrastructure" is collapsing and falling apart.

You live on a busy street.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:The "stimulus" money built a sidewalk up down my street.  I never thought it necessary but what the hell,  there is some benefit to a sidewalk.

You live on a busy street.

It's a semi-busy street running through a neighborhood.  About like Langley running through Scenic Heights.  It's not 5th Ave or Broadway or even Palafox or 9th Ave.
Hell I'm an old geezer and I live on this frigging street.  I'm one of the ones who would make use of the sidewalk.  If I don't need a duplicate sidewalk then who does need it.  How many friggin sidewalks can I walk on at the same time. My legs aren't long enough.

I'd rather see that money spent on rebuilding so many of the 100 year old bridges that are close to collapsing.  But I guess that's cause I'm just so thoughtless and ignorant and don't understand that government always knows what's best for us.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote: Have we got a deal?

No dice. You don't get your tax money back; that was already spent paying current beneficiaries.

I take it you just want what is coming to you, and screw the future generations who will pay for your benefits. A viable solution to the debt-crisis indeed! Exclamation

Bernie Madoff is proud! That's what he told his investors too!

What you are describing is the perfect Ponzi Scam. Glad you can admit that's what we have.

Remember, it is Progressives who fight, tooth and nail against any improvements to the system.

So you have fixed it so the system is certain to fail. Your only solution is...MORE MONEY.

So yeah, give me MY money, plus a reasonable rate of interest compounded annually and I'll be on my way. You should do the same!

Markle

Markle

I have yet to see anyone here give a logical, good reason as to why a nation getting deeper and deeper in debt every day is spending BILLION to cut down trees and shrubs and replace them with...different trees and shrubs.

In addition to the new trees and shrubs, they need far more maintenance including watering of all these new plants.

That's much like a homeowner dropping further and further behind no his mortgage payments and rather begin catching them up, you choose to put in a luxurious new pool.

2seaoat

I have yet to see anyone here give a logical, good reason as to why a nation getting deeper and deeper in debt every day is spending BILLION to cut down trees and shrubs and replace them with...different trees and shrubs.

In addition to the new trees and shrubs, they need far more maintenance including watering of all these new plants.

We agree.  In Illinois, the tollway system collects revenues.  They spend money to help political connections.  Last year the Ronald Reagan portion of 88 which is a tollway started to ride like a washboard.   They had redone 27 miles of the road in 2012 and installed these expensive three steel cable restraint the entire length of the 27 miles which was suppose to stop sleeping drivers from losing control and going into the other lane.   Well, in about a year people were hitting these cables almost daily which had crews out fixing them.  This spring they decide to resurface the same 27 miles as 2012 and sent out crews who cut out 27 miles of expensive steel cable.

Now I have done some development work and have ran heavy equipment and began watching over a hundred pieces of equipment and men start moving dirt in the median.....pushing it around.   They did reinforce the shoulder with rock down two feet and paved the shoulder, but all these pieces of equipment moving dirt in the median makes no sense.....this has to be a fifty million dollar project, and I cannot see the purpose.   Worse now is every bridge abatement in the median rather than going with the water filled barrels.....they are building fifty feet long concrete deflection barriers and they put the two water filled barrels on each end, but they are leaving the other end unprotected, which means a sleeping driver when they wake up will try to control their car, and where the bridge was completely protected, now there is a chance a driver will hit the wrong end of a deflection barrier which is solid concrete and not protected.  It is insanity, and because it is a toll authority it is nearly impossible to get accountability.

dumpcare

Markle wrote:I have yet to see anyone here give a logical, good reason as to why a nation getting deeper and deeper in debt every day is spending BILLION to cut down trees and shrubs and replace them with...different trees and shrubs.

That's much like a homeowner dropping further and further behind no his mortgage payments and rather begin catching them up, you choose to put in a luxurious new pool.

The only person that can answer your original question would be your sick imitation of howdy doody and that would be Rick Scott. Each state is responsible for the care of interstate highways that run through your state.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:

The only person that can answer your original question would be your sick imitation of howdy doody and that would be Rick Scott. Each state is responsible for the care of interstate highways that run through your state.

See,  when we remove the republican vs democrat and liberal vs conservative facade from all this,  it always gets down to politicians in general.  And it doesn't matter which symbol they have on em,  elephants or donkeys.
And that's not a slam on elephants and donkeys. Human politicians produce a lot more dung than they do.

dumpcare

Well it had to get down to the politician's Bob they control the federal highway system.

I guess Erkle thought some kind hearted people just took it upon themselves to plant some tree's along interstate 10, sort of like "Like a good neighbor Allstate is there" or maybe that's State Farm lol.

It boils down to Scott's approval of beautifying the interstate highway's through Florida, but nooooooo Erkle doesn't like that.

Reminds me of the time I was stationed in Texas at an LBJ supporting base. As you drove in you had a beautiful guard gate and rows of real nice flower's growing up one side and down the other. Well I was there just about a year and in that year someone planted mj seeds at night up and down the street on both sides between the flower's. Needless to say before anyone discovered they were about 3ft tall. I do believe I know who did that, nope not me but a couple guys I ran around with from California. Funniest damn thing you saw as you drove off base or on.

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:
Markle wrote:I have yet to see anyone here give a logical, good reason as to why a nation getting deeper and deeper in debt every day is spending BILLION to cut down trees and shrubs and replace them with...different trees and shrubs.

As you know, the MONEY comes from the federal government.

dumpcare

Here's your question in case your forgot:

Just who do you think makes the decision's on the landscape along our highways in Florida? Doesn't matter who provided the money our state Gov made the decision to put that money towards landscaping. Since the buck stops at your raging lunatic of a governor he had to sign of in some form or fashion.

READ YOUR QUESTION.

You didn't say who is providing Federal funds so our dimwit of a governor can landscape I 10, now did you?

You wanted a specific answer and you got one you did not like.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Amen,  ppaca.  For markle and millions of other brainwashees,  it always has to be all the fault of "semi-retired hussein" and nobody else.

We could also point out to him that "semi-retired hussein" didn't order the construction of that worthless duplicate sidewalk on my street either.
That was decided by local politicians.  And local politics in this place isn't exactly known to be democrat.  lol

Where are the eco-terrorists?

What about the carbon footprint to transform that natural habitat and mow little animals? Humans suck.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And by the way,  I bet merkle was beside himself watching "semi-hussein" visit the Kenyans in Kenya.

Nah it was a pretty moving thing to watch,  actually.  These people stuck in this shithole armpit of the world and then actually witnessed one of their own become the President of the United States.  And now he comes back to his roots for them to see him in person.

And I gotta say this too.  That little quip he made about the "luggage" is maybe the most clever humor I have EVER heard come out of the mouth of any politician.  Especially in the context of who his audience was.

2seaoat

The President is a great man.  He has totally reversed some of my initial reservations which made me vote against him twice.  I was not happy about the cash for clunkers and adding more government workers rather than private sector jobs, but in hindsight he has stayed the course and done an amazing job.  I thought I was going to lose everything in 2009, and although I lost more than some make in a lifetime, this man has got this country moving forward.  If we had do overs....I would have voted for him both times.......actually I wish I could reverse both of my votes for President Bush......I think this country and I would be much better off.

Only an idiot would've voted for bush2 the second time... or obama either time.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:Only an idiot would've voted for bush2 the second time... or obama either time.

Then Ann Coulter was right,  I do have an IQ lower than a toaster.  lol

I voted for him the first time.  I was voting against McCain because he was just too much of a hawk on the heels of "bush's brain" (cheney and the other neocons who controlled him) for me to want a continuance of the same thing we'd had to stomach for 7 years.

By the way,  for seaoat.  My comments in my last post have nothing to do with my opinion of obama's governing.  But I will say this.  Even though I'm not fond of Obama's governing,  I still believe I made the better choice voting against McCain.  It scares me to think what would have happened to us with a superpower military at his command.  And that little fairy from south carolina as his advisor. The whole thing reminds me of Joe McCarthy with that little fairy Roy Cohn advising him.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Trump got it all wrong about McCain.  McCain definitely was a war hero.  And comparing the captured to the not captured is just Trump crap.  

That's not the problem with McCain.  The actual problem with McCain is if you put him in charge,  then you're giving the reigns of power to someone whose torture put him into a lifelong state of PTSD.  If you analyze his statements and positions over time,  his mind was so altered by that torture that it made him want to get even for it over his entire political career.  I think for him, every foreign foe is somebody who will torture us if we don't knock them out first.  He's not even fully conscious of what he's doing.  But it's like that torture left an indelible mark on his thinking processes.
I sure don't want that to be commander-in-chief.

But now the little fairy in south carolina.  He don't have any excuse.  They didn't torture any military lawyers.
Thank god the latest poll in the presidential race has him coming out near the bottom. And it's republicans being polled.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum