Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NBC to Donald Trump: You're fired

+2
2seaoat
boards of FL
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Razz Razz Razz These threads for the last few days prove so much the progressive mind.

A joy to see it all.

Situational ethics to the hilt.

Christians are on the same level as ISIS.

The real agenda continues to spring forth...

You can continue to blame the GOP...that's not even in the game anymore. The real agenda unfolds...

This place is priceless.

boards of FL

boards of FL

SheWrites wrote:Razz Razz Razz These threads for the last few days prove so much the progressive mind.

A joy to see it all.  

You can continue to blame the GOP...that's not even in the game anymore.  The real agenda unfolds...

This place is priceless.

So rather than reply directly to my post, you're going to throw your hands up and just say "Progressives! Ha!"

Looks like my work here is done.

Vikingwoman

SheWrites wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
SheWrites wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
SheWrites wrote:However, do y'all not see the double standard?  A liar with a lack of integrity maintains his position on NBC News.  Donald Trump shares his OPINION as he campaigns for the White House (I laugh at the thought of him as President) and he is fired.  Wrong opinion, Donald...you will be eliminated.

Brian Williams isn't maintaining his position on NBC News.  He lost his anchor position.   But beyond that, broadly referring to Mexicans as rapists and drug dealers is considerably different than exaggerating your journalistic exploits, particularly from a PR standpoint.  

I don't consider it to be that outrageous or hypocritical to suspend and then demote a guy who exaggerates his journalistic exploits while also firing a guy who broadly refers to Mexicans as rapists and drug dealers.

He remains employed by NBC.  
http://www.wsj.com/articles/brian-williams-to-remain-at-nbc-but-in-diminished-role-at-msnbc-1434654020

He remains employed by NBC but he does not "maintain his position at NBC", which is the example you used to try and show that NBC is being hypocritical.

He is not the anchor of the evening news. He has a new position.  HE IS BEING PAID BY NBC.

Donald Trump was fired.

One man lies and has no integrity and maintains employment with NBC.

NBC's basis is popular thought.  According to them it is OK to lie.  According to them it is not OK to share your personal opinion.

Comparison of employee to employee and one gets fired.

How difficult is this to understand?

If you go by VW's post...then it's all situational ethics to her.  Where's a foundation????

I wasn't speaking to Trump getting fired from NBC but rather to his using the race card as a Presidential candidate. As for his NBC firing, you seem to think lying as to your journalistic exploits and denigrating a whole race of people are equal. They are not. One is much more egregious.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

SheWrites wrote:Razz Razz Razz These threads for the last few days prove so much the progressive mind.

A joy to see it all.  

You can continue to blame the GOP...that's not even in the game anymore.  The real agenda unfolds...

This place is priceless.

What agenda? The belief that people are entitled to equal treatment under the law and a shot at that "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" enshrined in the Declaration of Independence?

I have a real problem with people who call themselves Christians when their actual behavior speaks to a different reality.

boards of FL wrote:

A joy to see it all.  

This place is priceless.

So rather than reply directly to my post, you're going to throw your hands up and just say "Progressives!  Ha!"

Looks like my work here is done.

You always assume. Not throwing my hands up. Just busy today and can't get back to all I want to reply.

You know how in conversation, face to face, one might have interjections and then carry on with convo?

Yeah...that.

In my corner for now. Hey look coach...no blood!

Sal

Sal

On the other hand, it's been quite refreshing to see all of the other candidates running to be the GOP's nominee promptly condemn Trump's vile and racist comments.

Wait ...

... you say that didn't happen.

hmmm ....

nadalfan

Sal wrote:On the other hand, it's been quite refreshing to see all of the other candidates running to be the GOP's nominee promptly condemn Trump's vile and racist comments.

Wait ...

... you say that didn't happen.

hmmm ....

yep...very telling...even Bush, whose wife and in laws are Mexican, has kept silent. Pretty disgusting

nadalfan

Correction:
Cruz believes Trump speaks the truth

and Bush said,

"[Bush] took a handful of questions, beginning with one in Spanish about Donald Trump’s recent comments describing Mexican immigrants as rapists, murderers and drug dealers. Trump spends his life fighting with people, Bush answered in Spanish. And he doesn’t, Bush said, represent the values of the Republican Party.

…But when Bush was asked the same question about Trump’s remarks in English, he seemed put out at having to repeat himself, then gave a milder version of his original answer: ‘I don’t agree with him. I think he’s wrong. It’s pretty simple.’”

http://americasvoice.org/blog/jeb-bush-and-ted-cruz-weigh-in-on-donald-trumps-comments-where-is-rest-of-gop-field/

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Now Macy's is dumping his merchandise. Who'da thunk it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum