Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The "white" house tonite..

+5
Sal
Vikingwoman
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 2:49 pm

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

Honest answer,  Sal.  

You and seaoat and all your kind keep telling us all about how bigotry against black people is getting so much worse.  You all preach it from your little pulpits almost on a daily basis.  
And when someone comes along and tells you black people are now so much better accepted in society than used to be the case,  you will hear none of that.  "Bullshit" you say.  And then you get on your soapboxes and tell us how it's now gotten so bad that most all the white cops are persecuting blacks again.  That bigotry against blacks now is as bad or worse than it ever was.  

But when it comes to homosexual bigotry,  for some reason unbeknownest to me,  you take the exact opposite position.   You want to portray that entirely differently.  You want to tell me that everything has now advanced beyond that and now there's only this little handful of "bubbas" left to do the hating.  And if I don't go along with that then it's because I "agree with the bubbas" or I'm engaged in "self-loathing" or both.

The reality is that, right now today,  half or more of the fucking candidates for President of the United States are homophobes.
But that doesn't even count to you.  Because you honestly believe that all those candidates are cowtowing to only a handful of "bubbas".
Candidates campaigning for the party nomination are not out there spending millions of dollars just to cowtow to a handful of voters,  Sal.
To believe that is just a naive and unrealistic view of how the election process works.
Yes I know,  in your naivete you honestly do believe the republican party only caters to a handful of "bubbas".
But it took a lot more than a handful of bubbas for that political party to now control both houses of Congress.  

Just as the case with racial bigotry,  homosexual bigotry is still alive and well.  And while you and seaoat may live in some kind of little world of your own where all you ever associate with is people with the same ideas as you,  there is a whole nother world out here that is nothing like yours.  And nothing like what you think it is.

Maybe that's an honest answer from your perspective, but it's wrong on nearly every count, and has precious little to do with what I asked.

If you feel so persecuted, it seems you should be celebrating the SCOTUS decision and grateful to those who made it possible.

Instead, you want to continue to hide and wallow in your victimhood.

Have you seen the pictures and videos of people dancing and celebrating in the streets across the country?

Do those pictures and videos make you uncomfortable?

52The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 3:08 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:

Honest answer,  Sal.  

You and seaoat and all your kind keep telling us all about how bigotry against black people is getting so much worse.  You all preach it from your little pulpits almost on a daily basis.  
And when someone comes along and tells you black people are now so much better accepted in society than used to be the case,  you will hear none of that.  "Bullshit" you say.  And then you get on your soapboxes and tell us how it's now gotten so bad that most all the white cops are persecuting blacks again.  That bigotry against blacks now is as bad or worse than it ever was.  

But when it comes to homosexual bigotry,  for some reason unbeknownest to me,  you take the exact opposite position.   You want to portray that entirely differently.  You want to tell me that everything has now advanced beyond that and now there's only this little handful of "bubbas" left to do the hating.  And if I don't go along with that then it's because I "agree with the bubbas" or I'm engaged in "self-loathing" or both.

The reality is that, right now today,  half or more of the fucking candidates for President of the United States are homophobes.
But that doesn't even count to you.  Because you honestly believe that all those candidates are cowtowing to only a handful of "bubbas".
Candidates campaigning for the party nomination are not out there spending millions of dollars just to cowtow to a handful of voters,  Sal.
To believe that is just a naive and unrealistic view of how the election process works.
Yes I know,  in your naivete you honestly do believe the republican party only caters to a handful of "bubbas".
But it took a lot more than a handful of bubbas for that political party to now control both houses of Congress.  

Just as the case with racial bigotry,  homosexual bigotry is still alive and well.  And while you and seaoat may live in some kind of little world of your own where all you ever associate with is people with the same ideas as you,  there is a whole nother world out here that is nothing like yours.  And nothing like what you think it is.

Maybe that's an honest answer from your perspective, but it's wrong on nearly every count, and has precious little to do with what I asked.

If you feel so persecuted, it seems you should be celebrating the SCOTUS decision and grateful to those who made it possible.

Have you seen the pictures and videos of people dancing and celebrating in the streets across the country?

Do those pictures and videos make you uncomfortable?

Boy this is all just so predictable.  So let me respond this way.  
Of course the point made by doing this will be totally lost on you and seaoat both.  But I feel compelled to do it anyway.

I wonder if instead this was the SCOTUS decision on Brown vs Board of Education.  And an African American was telling you what I've been saying to you.  Would this be your response to him too...

"If you feel so persecuted, it seems you should be celebrating the SCOTUS decision and grateful to those who made it possible.

Do those pictures and videos make you uncomfortable?"

53The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 3:12 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And instead of after Brown,  make it right after the enactment of the Civil Rights Act.  Or make it right after an African American getting elected President.   Makes no difference.

54The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 3:13 pm

Sal

Sal

We're working toward a more perfect union, Bob.

Every step in the right direction is worth celebrating.

55The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 3:16 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

collectivism yeah...perfect union and control

56The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 3:30 pm

When it gets to the collective step that I can't chose my own clothes, shoes, hairstyle then I'm getttin' my gun...

I can hear it now:

"dresses make women think of the submissive days of June Cleaver"

Supreme Court ruling: no women in dress

But Bruce can wear them.

57The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 3:38 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

Every step in the right direction is worth celebrating.

Well now that you've come down from being so high and mighty,  you're actually back to making some sense which you are very capable of doing.

Of course I agree with that.  Never said I didn't.  My first response to this thread never implied any different.   All I took exception to with that post is,  after this victory,  the lack of wisdom in then deciding to paint the whole exterior of the fucking White House with a rainbow flag.

What you don't comprehend is that has already made it a lot harder to take "further steps in the right direction".
That's all the right-wing bigots needed to see to reinforce their bigotry.
All that has accomplished is to re-embolden every right-wing bigot on the media.  I've listened to it as I'm participating in this thread.  

If queers had any spokesperson like Martin Luther King,  which we've never had and still don't,  Dr. King would tell you this.  That the best way to make this change happen is to do exactly what the survivors of all those people slaughtered in Charleston did.  They didn't get up in the faces of the bigots by covering the White House in blacklight the way you want to see happen.  How they responded is the way to reach the hearts and minds of the bigots.  

SCROTUM decisions and all that are fine.  But SCROTUM decisions alone will never be the thing that changes the hearts and minds.  And neither will bathing the White House in colored lights.  
And changing the hearts and minds is the only way any of this madness will end for blacks and queers either one.

58The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 3:50 pm

2seaoat

Bob....you never answered Sal's very reasonable and measured question......what has happened to you which makes you this scared?

I would never know you were homosexual in any regard or would I care, so how have people persecuted you over the last 60 years?   I think the battle you are fighting is in your own head......at some level, I think you agree with Bubba and are somehow embarrassed and fearful of who you are, and I do get that, but maybe my observation of fence sitting after all these years is just pure reflex which you do not even see........Bob, you are one of the most intelligent, caring, and  good person I have ever known on a forum or in real life and I feel for your pain because honestly you are right that I cannot completely understand, but damn people......you are a good person...... exactly who you are.....stand for something.....stand for yourself!

59The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 3:59 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Jesus it's the "fence-sitting" shit again. It never ends. lol

Okay, if fence-sitting is the key to all this, I guess I better continue with the fence-sitting because apparently that's the only way seaoat interprets anything I ever write.

So here goes with more fence-sitting just for you, seaoat. God sucks. The Bible sucks. Homophobes suck. End of story.
If that doesn't do it for you I'm sorry. Because I just don't know how to sit on the fence any better than that.

60The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 4:03 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Well I guess there is one other thing that will help me sit even more centered on the fence.

You Suck too.

61The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 5:33 pm

2seaoat

You Suck too.

Finally....a position I understand and respect and without that irritating LOL as if you have to apologize for offending someone.....my lessons are done today. 

62The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 6:33 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

lol

63The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/28/2015, 7:39 am

Seaoat, your not a fence rider/sitter/stander. You just go with the popular thought and then confess your conflicted life and tell us how, now in light of what is popular, you have arrived - no matter the subject. You've experienced it all.

LOL

64The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/28/2015, 4:54 pm

Vikingwoman

Hopefully,one day Bob you will have a better sense of yourself and will quit letting people define who you are. Being homosexual is just one part. Take some courses in self esteem. You need it.

65The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/28/2015, 7:28 pm

Vikingwoman wrote:Hopefully,one day Bob you will have a better sense of yourself and will quit letting people define who you are. Being homosexual is just one part. Take some courses in self esteem. You need it.

Horrible personal attack. Bob is perfectly comfortable in his skin... you couldn't meet a more genuine personality.

66The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/28/2015, 7:32 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I second that. Bob is very unique I wish he had his own radio program. He has a very interesting way of looking at things.

67The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/28/2015, 7:40 pm

Sal

Sal

People who are comfortable in their own skins do not wear disguises 24/7/365.

68The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/28/2015, 8:57 pm

2seaoat

69The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/28/2015, 9:33 pm

dumpcare

Bob has a good sense of himself, did anyone think for a moment some posts are to yank your chain? That's right some of us may post to do some yanking. In person his points are right on and decisive.

70The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/28/2015, 9:44 pm

Sal wrote:People who are comfortable in their own skins do not wear disguises 24/7/365.

What disguise? No one here had been more direct imo. This is just another angle to attack... fuck you.

71The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/28/2015, 9:46 pm

Vikingwoman

People who have a good sense of them self do not worry about the White House celebrating a gay victory and bigots increasing. They simply do not worry about what people say. They are secure in who they are.

72The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/28/2015, 9:48 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:People who are comfortable in their own skins do not wear disguises 24/7/365.

What disguise? No one here had been more direct imo. This is just another angle to attack... fuck you.

Ouchie ...

... Bob's the one who has posted on one than more occasion about his macho good ol' boy persona and exaggerated southern accent.

Don't I get a kiss first, tough guy?

73The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/28/2015, 9:50 pm

Vikingwoman

PkrBum wrote:

Oh shut up, you jerk! Bob just gone done saying he's been in the closet for 60 years and is afraid of the biggots getting worse.. You always try to misconstrue things to start shit. You're a sidewinder.

74The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/28/2015, 9:52 pm

dumpcare

Disguise? Does one who uses his real name on a forum seem like he's hiding something? He's out in the open. Bob calls it the way he sees it.

75The "white" house tonite.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/28/2015, 10:08 pm

Vikingwoman

Then what is he worrying about? I don't see calling yourself Bob as using your real name. There's a million Bobs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum