Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The "white" house tonite..

+5
Sal
Vikingwoman
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 8:40 am

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

The subject of this thread is not the concept of homosexuality.  The subject of this thread is lighting the White House up in the color of the rainbow flag.
If I express my opinion why I believe that's an unwise thing to do

Yes, ...

... much better to sit in a redneck bar, acting like a macho good ol' boy with an exaggerated southern accent, complaining about "queers", and getting drunk.

27The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 10:04 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:

The subject of this thread is not the concept of homosexuality.  The subject of this thread is lighting the White House up in the color of the rainbow flag.
If I express my opinion why I believe that's an unwise thing to do

Yes, ...

... much better to sit in a redneck bar, acting like a macho good ol' boy with an exaggerated southern accent, complaining about "queers", and getting drunk.

Sal,  when you and seaoat express the opinion that it's a good thing to light up the White House like a rainbow flag,  I could reply just like you did here and talk about drunken rednecks in redneck bars and southern accents and all that stuff.  And it would be just as childish.

Homophobia doesn't originate in redneck bars, Sal.  It was mainly inspired by what's written in the Bible.  And it doesn't matter how much seaoat doesn't want to believe that shit is in the Bible,  it's still in there and it will always be in there.
Which is precisely why homophobia will be with us for a long long time.
It's just a fact of life as long as we have the Bible.

28The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 10:13 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:Has the White House ever displayed such a reaction to any Supreme Court decision?  

I'm not a homophobe but I think it was poor taste.  A bit sophomoric.  Like painting victory colors after the homecoming game.

But see,  having that opinion automatically makes you a bigot because seaoat is now like Al Sharpton, and just like Sharpton,  whatever seaoat says about bigotry is the gospel.

29The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 10:24 am

Bob wrote:
SheWrites wrote:Has the White House ever displayed such a reaction to any Supreme Court decision?  

I'm not a homophobe but I think it was poor taste.  A bit sophomoric.  Like painting victory colors after the homecoming game.

But see,  having that opinion automatically makes you a bigot because seaoat is now like Al Sharpton,  and just like  Sharpton,  whatever seaoat says about bigotry is the gospel.

Yes, according to Seaoat's philosophy on life I am a bigot on many levels.

Oh well...life goes on.

30The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 10:32 am

2seaoat

Actually the bible attacks adultery with a death sentence, and I have friends who have left their first marriage and are now married......Do you think they worry about the bible being the problem with their life style...and they huddle in their homes for fear of being stoned...if every so called christian referenced the bible for a restriction alleged to exist without context....all of us would be stoned to death.....It is a question of courage......thank goodness people of courage have secured your rights to be protected under the law with equal protection, because your fear of what bubba likes is evident......and yes I have never been in the closet about anything so I have no understanding of your fear......you might say I am unsympathetic.   I have known homosexuals my entire life who did not hide in the closet, and I am good friends with Randy Shilts the author of the band plays on brother, and he and his friends never hid in the closet.  I was born in 1951 and I have used bigotry when I was younger in regard to gays and I have found inappropriate humor funny, and I feared being associated with gayness....but by the time I was 21 those concepts were in my rear view mirror, and I just did not give a chit what people think and found nothing funny about bashing gays.  Don't you think it is time for you to do the same?  You are a good person with many friends who accept you for who you are and your days of hiding or your sexual orientation is nobody's business.

31The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 10:37 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Now you're just being redundant, seaoat. We've already established that you know a lot more about being in the closet and know a lot more about bigotry against homosexuals than I do. I don't know shit about it, I just live it.

32The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 11:41 am

2seaoat

No, Bob there is nothing redundant.  If Denny was the loudest opponent to marriage equality when he was the speaker of the House, and paid millions of hush money......not because of the harm he had done to children, but because of his fear of his sexual orientation being known.....you are right.....I have no concept of that fear and lack of courage........thank god people with courage have worked to change the laws.  Afraid that a lighting arrangement at the White House will expose you to more danger......damn that is really F'd up.

I have had conversations with Denny who was a total ZERO tolerance of illegal drug use and he wanted to come down with even more strict sentencing guidelines.....to stamp out anybody who used drugs........his perception of the world in hindsight was totally perverse.  Yet, he pretended and hid and more than anything wanted to present himself as normal with his school teacher wife, his boys, and the dogs........Honestly Bob, I will Never understand.....Never.  We are who we are.

33The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 11:50 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If that fat whore of a politician had come out of the closet and spent the last five years on these forums doing so much arguing against homophobic and christian bigotry that some people here have said they're tired of hearing about it; only then would your attempt to compare him to me in any way have some validity.

34The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 11:58 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: he pretended and hid and more than anything wanted to present himself as normal with his school teacher wife, his boys, and the dogs........Honestly Bob, I will Never understand.....Never. 

I know you don't understand that,  seaoat.  You will never be able to understand that until you yourself have personally experienced what it's like for him and me and millions of others.  And unless you can switch from straight to queer like that woman who switched from white to black,  it aint never gonna happen.  

I sincerely appreciate all your expressions of tolerance for us.  Just don't try to be the spokesperson for us.  At least Al Sharpton is a member of the same group he pretends to be the spokesman for.  You're not.

35The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 12:07 pm

2seaoat

I can speak as a human.....you can deliver my message in any of your many mailboxes.

36The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 12:11 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I can speak as a human.....you can deliver my message in any of your many mailboxes.

I'll be sincere with you in two back to back posts. And with this one I sincerely have no idea what that sentence means.
What does it mean that I can "deliver your message" in "any of my many mailboxes"?

37The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 12:13 pm

2seaoat

Bob,

You are the one who was upset with the rainbow at the white house because you feared Bubba's reaction......Denny feared Bubba's reaction......not a bit of difference, and had Denny simple told the truth that he had homosexual relations with someone and that he had reached an out of court settlement the FBI would not have charged him with a crime......he lied because of fear...his whole life was a lie.....Barney Frank had courage.....I am sure it has not been easy and not everyone has his courage, but this is a fricking internet forum and you are afraid to condemn bubba for the bigotry.....that is F'd up.

38The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 12:14 pm

Vikingwoman

Bob wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
No Bob,some people are not afraid to support their beliefs. The White House supports gays and are proud the law was passed. Who cares what the bigots think.

I care what the bigots think,  Vikingwoman.  Why?  Because those bigots are the reason why I had to stay in the closet for 50 years.  
If it's allright with you and seaoat,  I'd just soon not support doing something stupid which just causes them to be worse bigoted.
The reason you and seaoat don't understand that is because you've never had to know what it's like to be on the shit end of homophobia.
All turning the White House into a rainbow flag does is give the bigots more reason to hate.  It doesn't accomplish anything else.  And I'll be among the ones who have to stomach even more hate coming our way.

I disagree w/ that. The only way to get bigots to change their thinking is for society to embrace our differences. Hiding in the closet has accomplished nothing. There are more people who support you than hate you so if your hanging around w/ bigots it's up to you to change that. Start hanging around w/ people who accept you and say FO to the ones that don't.

39The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 12:23 pm

2seaoat

I am a human.....I speak from my human experience......if I suddenly decide that my humanity is defined by my sexuality.......I guess I only need one big mailbox, but none of us are defined simply by our sexuality, it is an important part of our tapestry as humans, but we have many mailboxes....I just enjoyed father's day and I received the loving messages and appreciated the same, I have stood up in Bubbaville and defended a Muslim who owned a gas station and got booed at a zoning hearing......then I neutralized the bastards.....one by one....cowards all.....I have defended others from Bubba my whole life, and to my dying last breath.....I will NEVER pander to hate, fear, and prejudice.  I am the guy at the meeting who stands up and says the king has no clothes....and you want me to understand your fear that Bubba is going to be pissed about some colored lights on the White House......geez....you really do not get it....I thought it was sarcasm.....but you are scared chitless.......were you beat or abused at some time in your past because of your sexuality....you act like a beat dog.

40The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 12:38 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

In the past,  some forum members got fed up with me always defending my sexual orientation whenever sexual orientation was part of a thread topic.

Now it's me who's the one getting fed up.  Now you and seaoat are trying to tell me what it's like to have lived a life with my sexual orientation.  

And with all due respect,  unless you've had the life experiences I've had,  and the society you live in had told you since you were old enough to comprehend what it means that you're odd and sissy and freakish and queer and an abomination in the eyes of what created you;  you really don't have any clue what it feels like to personally experience that and what it feels like to be one of the ones on the shit end of it which you've never been.

Yes,  it made that fat whore of a politician not only live a lie but also made him be willing to do harm to others like him to maintain that lie.  And yes that makes him a complete nothing in both your eyes and mine.

BUT,  I can understand what was in his head and why he became what he did.  I can understand that because I've experienced the same things he did.  You two cannot.

41The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 12:55 pm

2seaoat

We have all have been judged Bob.....all of us.  I guess as a fearful child I did not want to wear yellow shirts on Thursday.....because yellow was gay on Thursday......now tell me.....who among us has not had a stone tossed their way because of who they were....who Bob?  Are we going to let those who define us win the day are we going to be ourselves.....you are right.....I have no understanding....I do not have to be black to understand the fear of lynching, nor do I have to be a Muslim to understand hatred , and you are right it takes no courage when you are safe and secure to give mere words in the battle, but damn, I think it is more than the usual fears humans have.....I think in some way in your fence sitting world.....you agree with the bigots, and that my friend is absolutely something I do not understand.

42The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 1:49 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I think in some way in your fence sitting world.....you agree with the bigots, and that my friend is absolutely something I do not understand.

First you tell me I agree with the bigots who want to persecute me.
And then you have the balls to refer to me as your "friend".

Pal, you're a lot of things including an insufferable know-it-all blowhard.
But one of the things you are not is any friend of mine.

43The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 1:54 pm

Sal

Sal

The reason these changes are happening so rapidly is that more and more people are living openly and proudly as they truly are.

And, acceptance by good-hearted people has followed.

You can't beat bigotry by hiding and cowering.

44The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 1:56 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

You can't beat bigotry by hiding and cowering

You're goddamn right about that. And that's why I will never hide and cower from the likes of you.

45The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 1:57 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:

You can't beat bigotry by hiding and cowering

You're goddamn right about that.  And that's why I will never hide and cower from the likes of you.

Get em Bob !

46The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 1:59 pm

Sal

Sal

Honest question, Bob ...

... How were you persecuted if you were in the closet the whole time and hiding behind your exagerrated southern good ol' boy persona?

Seems like you've been avoiding persecution.

I realize it must be hard to live a lie your entire life, but that was your choice.

Others have chosen to be proud and open about who they are, and they are changing the world for the better.

47The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 2:02 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'll never "get em" in my lifetime, teo. Not as long as so many of you keep cowtowing to that goddamn fucking book full of bullshit.

And trust me on this, if that's the "fence-sitter" way of putting it, none of you want me off the fence.

48The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 2:10 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:I'll never "get em" in my lifetime,  teo.  Not as long as so many of you keep cowtowing to that goddamn fucking book full of bullshit.  

And trust me on this,  if that's the "fence-sitter" way of putting it,  none of you want me off the fence.  

That Book will be here long after I am gone and probably you also. Perhaps one day it will reveal it's truths to someone smart enough to translate them to us mere mortals or finally be put to rest along side Shakespeare as just a fictional work of art. I don't know.

49The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 2:31 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:Honest question, Bob ...

... How were you persecuted if you were in the closet the whole time and hiding behind your exagerrated southern good ol' boy persona?

Seems like you've been avoiding persecution.

I realize it must be hard to live a lie your entire life, but that was your choice.

Others have chosen to be proud and open about who they are, and they are changing the world for the better.

Honest answer, Sal.

You and seaoat and all your kind keep telling us all about how bigotry against black people is getting so much worse. You all preach it from your little pulpits almost on a daily basis.
And when someone comes along and tells you black people are now so much better accepted in society than used to be the case, you will hear none of that. "Bullshit" you say. And then you get on your soapboxes and tell us how it's now gotten so bad that most all the white cops are persecuting blacks again. That bigotry against blacks now is as bad or worse than it ever was.

But when it comes to homosexual bigotry, for some reason unbeknownest to me, you take the exact opposite position. You want to portray that entirely differently. You want to tell me that everything has now advanced beyond that and now there's only this little handful of "bubbas" left to do the hating. And if I don't go along with that then it's because I "agree with the bubbas" or I'm engaged in "self-loathing" or both.

The reality is that, right now today, half or more of the fucking candidates for President of the United States are homophobes.
But that doesn't even count to you. Because you honestly believe that all those candidates are cowtowing to only a handful of "bubbas".
Candidates campaigning for the party nomination are not out there spending millions of dollars just to cowtow to a handful of voters, Sal.
To believe that is just a naive and unrealistic view of how the election process works.
Yes I know, in your naivete you honestly do believe the republican party only caters to a handful of "bubbas".
But it took a lot more than a handful of bubbas for that political party to now control both houses of Congress.

Just as the case with racial bigotry, homosexual bigotry is still alive and well. And while you and seaoat may live in some kind of little world of your own where all you ever associate with is people with the same ideas as you, there is a whole nother world out here that is nothing like yours. And nothing like what you think it is.

50The "white" house tonite.. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 2:41 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

That Book will be here long after I am gone and probably you also. Perhaps one day it will reveal it's truths to someone smart enough to translate them to us mere mortals or finally be put to rest along side Shakespeare as just a fictional work of art.  I don't know.  

There's a reason why I said how smart you are.  And the best evidence of it for me is found in the last three words of that paragraph.
Three words Sal and seaoat have never learned. And for that matter, so many hordes of others.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum