Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The "white" house tonite..

+5
Sal
Vikingwoman
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1The "white" house tonite.. Empty The "white" house tonite.. 6/26/2015, 11:18 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/26/2015, 11:24 pm

2seaoat

They are trying to confuse fence jumpers.

3The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 12:16 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yea I've been seeing that all night on the cable news.

I'll tell you what that's like. It would be like if the Governor of South Carolina, after having made the decision to take down the Confederate flag, had then decided to put a lighted billboard with the face of Ulysses S. Grant in front of the State Capitol Building.

In other words, that just gives the bigots more reason to hate. Dumbest thing that could ever have been done.

4The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 12:19 am

2seaoat

You never could be a fence jumper Bob....once on top of the fence....you are good.

5The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 12:19 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:They are trying to confuse fence jumpers.

Who is "they" and what are they doing to confuse fence-jumpers?

6The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 12:23 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oh now I get it. I'm the fence-jumper. So how is it exactly I'm a fence-jumper this time?

This time just for once, can you define what exactly is on both sides of the fence I'm sitting on?

7The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 12:29 am

2seaoat

The White House symbolically celebrates the freedom of every citizen to marry the person they love, and you think it is the dumbest idea in the world, but chastise folks for not understanding how gay people have had their rights trampled on.......you just cannot take a position......I am sure you hate the christmas lights on the tree at the white house....another symbol......you are so stationary on the fence.....some mistake you for a gargoyle.

8The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 12:36 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:The White House symbolically celebrates the freedom of every citizen to marry the person they love, and you think it is the dumbest idea in the world, but chastise folks for not understanding how gay people have had their rights trampled on.......you just cannot take a position......I am sure you hate the christmas lights on the tree at the white house....another symbol......you are so stationary on the fence.....some mistake you for a gargoyle.

I see.

So me being a bisexual mandates that I agree with everything seaoat says about it and if I say anything that doesn't agree with seaoat it can ONLY be because I'm afraid to take a position. Does that about sum it up?

9The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 12:42 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Do you remember when I said my response to the confederate flag dispute was that, for all I care, they can burn not only the confederate flag but all the other flags too, seaoat?
And do you remember how you said that makes me a "fence-sitter"?

I just want to point out to you that "all flags" includes the rainbow flag too.

10The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 12:45 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually,  I guess I have to qualify that.   Because I'd forgotten that last Saturday I fully embraced and adopted a flag for the first time.  

That would be the flags which fly over Gumbo Key.  That's now my one and only flag.

The "white" house tonite.. P8220033-744395

Last edited by Bob on 6/27/2015, 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

11The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 12:46 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damn computers. Give me a minute and I'll resize that photo so you can see the whole flag.

12The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 12:49 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ah here it is. My new National Flag.

The "white" house tonite.. Gumbo_10

13The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 12:56 am

2seaoat

I see.

So me being a bisexual mandates that I agree with everything seaoat says about it and if I say anything that doesn't agree with seaoat it can ONLY be because I'm afraid to take a position. Does that about sum it up?

No....if you agree with me you would no longer be on the fence.....YOU NEVER come off the fence......If you could straddle the fence with stilts you would be happy......telling me you agree with me, and then out of the other side saying you agree with T.....but the difference is that you do not even straddle.....you are a gargoyle high aloof and certain that taking a side is dangerous as you strike fear in all those who say....what you doing up there Bob?

14The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 12:58 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Well I'll respond to that in a minute, seaoat.

But aren't you even a little bit curious why I would want to fly the flag of Gumbo Key?

I guess since Gumbo Key is not well known I should acquaint you with it.
It's quite a special place.  Here's an article in The Mullet Wrapper (the beach newspaper for the redneck riviera).
The second half of the article included my description of Gumbo Key.

http://mulletwrapper.net/mayor-mcaleer-mulling-over-options-going-forward/

15The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 1:07 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I see.

No....if you agree with me you would no longer be on the fence.....YOU NEVER come off the fence......If you could straddle the fence with stilts you would be happy......telling me you agree with me, and then out of the other side saying you agree with T.....but the difference is that you do not even straddle.....you are a gargoyle high aloof and certain that taking a side is dangerous as you strike fear in all those who say....what you doing up there Bob?

Seaoat, I've argued homosexuality with Teo so long now that if you have ever read any of it you would know that Teo and I are polar opposites on it.
I am in no way shape or form in agreement with Teo about homosexuality.
And I never implied it in any way. Your brain just did the predictable and morphed it into that as your brain always does.

The subject of this thread is not the concept of homosexuality. The subject of this thread is lighting the White House up in the color of the rainbow flag.
If I express my opinion why I believe that's an unwise thing to do and then explain why I believe that, then you automatically belch out the knee-jerk word "fence sitter" like a smelly fart. That's all that happened here. Same thing as most of your replies to what I write. lol

16The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 1:16 am

2seaoat

T started the thread out of pure bigotry.....your response"

In other words, that just gives the bigots more reason to hate. Dumbest thing that could ever have been done.

My response it was a nice symbol, just like lighting the White House Christmas Tree is a nice symbol, and if an arab or Jew says that is not right.....do I respond that is the dumbest thing that ever could have been done.....sometimes you have to have core beliefs that something is not evil or not.

17The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 1:23 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:T started the thread out of pure bigotry.....your response"

My response it was a nice symbol, just like lighting the White House Christmas Tree is a nice symbol, and if an arab or Jew says that is not right.....do I respond that is the dumbest thing that ever could have been done.....sometimes you have to have core beliefs that something is not evil or not.

Martin Luther King had a very different opinion about how to go about fighting for civil rights than a great many of his compatriots did, seaoat.
And he sometimes staunchly objected to the way they went about it.
That didn't make him a "fence-sitter". Just made him have a different opinion than the others.

18The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 1:41 am

2seaoat

Martin Luther King never sat on fence Bob....., and he took positions which were consistent that non violence was the path........Now if you were Martin Luther King you would be telling us that Non Violence is the only way today, and next week that we should use guns........all I have been saying for years is that right or wrong taking a position shows commitment and courage......avoiding the same shows the absence of the same.   The lights on the White House were a symbol.  If you believe what bigots think is correct then of course you are correct to believe it was dumb, or if you think two people who love each other should enjoy equal protection under the law then you would realize that you cannot fence ride every issue....and not be called out.

19The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 1:59 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: If you believe what bigots think is correct then of course you are correct to believe it was dumb

So now if I think lighting the White House up like a rainbow flag was a dumb thing to do,  then "I believe what bigots think is correct".
In other words,  not wanting that done at the White House now equates to me thinking like a bigot.

Let me get this straight (no pun intended).  
I'm a part of the minority,  and I'm a bigot.
And the reason I'm a bigot is because somebody who aint in the minority says so. lol

20The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 2:04 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm going to bed now, seaoat, so I won't have the pleasure of seeing your next post. That privelege will have to wait till morning. But I look forward to it.

21The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 2:14 am

Vikingwoman

Bob wrote:Yea I've been seeing that all night on the cable news.

I'll tell you what that's like.  It would be like if the Governor of South Carolina,  after having made the decision to take down the Confederate flag,  had then decided to put a lighted billboard with the face of Ulysses S. Grant in front of the State Capitol Building.

In other words, that just gives the bigots more reason to hate.  Dumbest thing that could ever have been done.

No Bob,some people are not afraid to support their beliefs. The White House supports gays and are proud the law was passed. Who cares what the bigots think.

22The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 6:28 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Vikingwoman wrote:
No Bob,some people are not afraid to support their beliefs. The White House supports gays and are proud the law was passed. Who cares what the bigots think.

I care what the bigots think, Vikingwoman. Why? Because those bigots are the reason why I had to stay in the closet for 50 years.
If it's allright with you and seaoat, I'd just soon not support doing something stupid which just causes them to be worse bigoted.
The reason you and seaoat don't understand that is because you've never had to know what it's like to be on the shit end of homophobia.
All turning the White House into a rainbow flag does is give the bigots more reason to hate. It doesn't accomplish anything else. And I'll be among the ones who have to stomach even more hate coming our way.

23The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 6:37 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I only hope none of the homophobes running for president wins.
Because not only will they double down to appoint homophobes to the Supreme Court, after seeing this they'll probably light up the outside of the White House with Bible verses.

24The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 7:20 am

Has the White House ever displayed such a reaction to any Supreme Court decision?

I'm not a homophobe but I think it was poor taste. A bit sophomoric. Like painting victory colors after the homecoming game.

25The "white" house tonite.. Empty Re: The "white" house tonite.. 6/27/2015, 7:33 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:T started the thread out of pure bigotry.....your response"

Pure Bigotry ?....yes I lay awake nights and foment ways to insult people like Bob because I have a deep homophobia and probably really am gay if I would just admit it.
Actually  I started this thread because I thought it was unusual and no one else had posted it. If you want I can reluctantly drag out the verses in the Bible against homosexuality again. Then you can point out that I am not perfect and how can I judge. I would counter with I am only showing you what the Bible says, you have to deal with the verses, I don't because contrary to your insipid psychoanalysis, I am not gay. Seaoat just likes to put people in little boxes and when they don't fit he makes stuff up to force them to fit.. Bob is not a fence sitter nor is vectorman, they just don't fit in seaoats chosen box for them. If they have come to terms with their lifestyle then I can accept that even though my acceptance means but a tinker's damn.. If they ask me what I think about it, I would say it's not for me and that be the end of it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum