Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More about the shooter, Dylan Roof

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I want to make something clear.  I started this thread because I would like to know everything I can learn about this killer.

That's because repeated mutiple mass murderers have now become a part of our society.  And by the way,  I fact-checked Obama on his statement that no other modern industrialized nation even comes close to America when it comes to these multiple mass murder events.  And what he said is absolutely true.

So I want to learn all I can because the society this is happening in is the one I live in.  And anything that can help me try to understand why this is happening is welcome information.

Now after having said that,  here's the part I want to make clear.
What I said does not mean in any way that I'm looking for any mitigating factors to find an excuse for this atrocity.  
This person's father didn't pull the trigger.   The drug didn't pull the trigger.
Jerry Seinfeld didn't pull the trigger.  And whatever load of neo-nazi or white supremacist horseshit there is on the internet didn't pull the trigger.  Neither did any politician no matter how much you hate his or her guts.

This one person pulled the trigger.  And I emphasize that because there are tens of thousands more like him who have experienced whatever he has and they did not pull the trigger.  No different than tens of thousands experienced whatever Tsarnaev did and they didn't set off the bombs either.
I want to better understand this horrific act,  not find excuses for it.

Last edited by Bob on 6/19/2015, 8:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
So I want to learn all I can because the society this is happening in is the one I live in.  And anything that can help me try to understand why this is happening is welcome information.

Easy access to firearms to mental and moral defectives.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

Easy access to firearms to mental and moral defectives.

I agree with that in principle.  But it's not a cure-all.

And it might keep some of these monsters from obtaining a gun.  But just plain common sense tells us it wouldn't stop others.
And you also know as well as I do that many "mental and moral defectives" are never identified.  They don't ever see mental health professionals.  Because no one around them ever initiates it.

But if it prevents even one incident like this from happening I still would probably want to support it.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Money better spent on training medical professionals...if you really want to save many lives ....

Scientist Determines Medical Malpractice Kills as Many as 440,000 Annually

When do they fix the criminals and the crazies? Until I hear a solution for that...

this is still just a leftist political agenda.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:When do they fix the criminals and the crazies? Until I hear a solution for that...

I knew some guys that were crazy in Vietnam...their cure was marijuana. It made them very mellow and happy.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:When do they fix the criminals and the crazies? Until I hear a solution for that...

The criminals and crazies are the NRA, dummy.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Einstein said that we are the crazies...we keep voting in Bushes, Clintons and Obamas and expect things to get better.

Sal wrote:

Useful idiot... the sane and law abiding are not the problem. Any solution that effects us in any way is tyranny.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:

Useful idiot... the sane and law abiding are not the problem. Any solution that effects us in any way is tyranny.

You're an imbecile.

The NRA is a gun running operation flooding the nation with firearms that inevitably and predictably end up in the wrong hands.

Your ignorance is your tyranny and your prison.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wow Pkr NRA is running fast and furious...who knew ? Tyranny is tricky.

More about the shooter,  Dylan Roof - Page 2 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia-cache-ec0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2Fae%2Fe5%2Fa7%2Faee5a713bfa737015b9bc3af15006976

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:You raise a valid point,  markle.  It was equally sickening that the other maggot Tsarnaev got the same kind of attention.
But these things always present a dilemma.  We don't want to sensationalize it because that just gives other attention craving lowlifes incentive to do the same.  
On the other hand,  how would you even let the public know about it without identifying the individual.  If we start hiding identities of these people that's a slippery slope which would open the door to corruption on the part of the authorities.  Can you even imagine what they would try to get away with if the identify of a suspect was kept secret?

Besides,  everyone in the world who consumes news media of any kind,  now already knows the name of this one.  I doubt I can turn that around by censoring his name in my posts.

Government has not kept his identity secret.  You are not letting the public know.  We know from newscasts.  Some NEWS shows have opted to NOT use his name any longer.  Great decision.

You're right, I misunderstood you (senility).

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Concerning the argument about the NRA.

We're talking about South Carolina for christ sake. Where the people vote butchmeup (as seaoat calls him) for Senator.
If the NRA came out tomorrow as pro-gun control, trust me, South Carolinians would still want guns and have guns.

About the only place gun control will ever fly in the Carolinas is the Research Triangle (Raleigh/Durham) because it's gone liberal/progressive.
But not in South Carolina.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:  Some NEWS shows have opted to NOT use his name any longer.  Great decision.

I just turned on the repeat of Anderson Cooper. He's intentionally not naming the person.
I agree. If all the media would do that then potential copycats would then know it won't put their name in the spotlight. Since there's absolutely no downside to that that I can think of, it is a good decision.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Cooper's program is referring to him only as "admitted killer".

I would prefer "murderous coward" or "cowardly murderer".  That tells the copycats exactly what they will be.

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:

You're an imbecile.

The NRA is a gun running operation flooding the nation with firearms that inevitably and predictably end up in the wrong hands.

Your ignorance is your tyranny and your prison.

What is to be gained when prohibiting law abiding citizens from bearing arms? You can't see through the fog.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum