Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chicago teachers are idiots

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chicago teachers are idiots Empty Chicago teachers are idiots 9/10/2012, 6:23 pm

While I would like to have the right to strike in my two jobs, this is ludicrous. They are already the nation's highest paid teachers and now wanting a 16% raise over four years. They average 76,000 per teacher BEFORE benefits. WTH? I know it costs more to live there, but I think this is a bit outrageous. On top of that they have some of the worst performing schools in the nation. Why reward failure with added money? I'm glad Rham is having to deal with it though. Couldn't pick a nicer guy (sarcasm intended). He's supported unions his entire political career and now he get's it shoved right back at him. Funny.

2Chicago teachers are idiots Empty Re: Chicago teachers are idiots 9/10/2012, 7:35 pm

education in the state and chicago is one of the few things we had to look at obama's experience.

3Chicago teachers are idiots Empty Re: Chicago teachers are idiots 9/10/2012, 11:12 pm

Markle

Markle

Please notice the silence from the White House who owe the Unions tens, if not hundreds of millions of dollars.

The average household income in Chicago is $30,000 less than that of the Chicago teachers. Shockingly it takes the income of two Chicago households to pay ONE of their teachers. They're a BILLION DOLLARS in debt and he UNIONS DEMAND MORE and screw the citizens. If they do the same to Chicago as they did to Detroit, well that's to bad.

4Chicago teachers are idiots Empty Re: Chicago teachers are idiots 9/10/2012, 11:22 pm

Teaching is a thankless job. I think they deserve a raise & if striking is the way to get attn, So be it.

5Chicago teachers are idiots Empty Re: Chicago teachers are idiots 9/10/2012, 11:53 pm

Markle

Markle

BP wrote:Teaching is a thankless job. I think they deserve a raise & if striking is the way to get attn, So be it.

Where does the money come from? They're already in deep debt and the Mayor, unable to control the shootings and murders is begging gang bangers to please not taste the children. Then Mayor Emanuel asked the hate fillled, racist, bigot Minister Louis Farakhan to help patrol the streets of Chicago.

If it is a "thankless job" why is it that so many teachers say the reason they went into teaching is the pesona gratification from teaching? Are they lying or are you?

We have proven that paying teachers more, does NOT improve the results so why pay them more?

To help prove my point. Here is what the unions themselves say:

National Education Association General Counsel Bob Chanin stated in July 2009.

Chanin: "It is not because we care about children. And it is not because we have a vision of a great public school for every child. NEA and its affiliates are effective advocates because we have power. And we have power because there are more than 3.2 million people who are willing to pay us hundreds of millions of dollars in dues...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwxiRXqH_hQ&NR=1

Pretty much says it all

6Chicago teachers are idiots Empty Re: Chicago teachers are idiots 9/11/2012, 1:46 am

"We have proven that paying teachers more, does NOT improve the results so why pay them more?"

That is debatable. I know of plenty of teachers that end up having to buy supplies for their classrooms or buy the poor kids some clothes or school supplies. Most teachers work into the night grading papers or preparing for class. Teaching is not a 8 to 3 pm job.

Now if teachers could pay 13% like Romney, maybe we could pay em less but hey, you know that aint gonna happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum