Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bruce Jenner is a Republican

+4
Sal
nadalfan
KarlRove
ZVUGKTUBM
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Bruce Jenner is a Republican - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 5:21 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

KarlRove wrote:

There's no Golden Rule in the Bible.

I don't mean to be mean by asking this,  Karl.  But have you actually ever READ the Bible yourself?  Or does your knowledge of the Bible only come from fox news hosts and right-wing politicians.  Because since none of them have ever mentioned the Golden Rule,  it may be that they don't know it's in the Bible either.

27Bruce Jenner is a Republican - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 5:26 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Just so you'll know,  Karl,  the Golden Rule is found in almost every religion...

http://www.teachingvalues.com/goldenrule.html

I've always wondered how the Golden Rule can be found in all the world's religions,  and yet none of the religions actually practice it.  
You've just given me the answer,  Karl.  Nobody has been told it's in there.  lol

But let me ask you this question.  What is it about "treat others the way you would want to be treated" which is so objectionable to you?  It sounds pretty goddam fair to me. And so did it to Jesus of Nazareth. He included it in the Sermon on the Mount.

Last edited by Bob on 4/27/2015, 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

28Bruce Jenner is a Republican - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 5:26 pm

Well, I think Bruce Jenner was a great athlete. He brought much pride to the USA during his competition at the Olympics.

He's been in the media as a reporter, a host, and in reality tv.

He loves the spot light.

What does an aging "star" do? Share their personal issues and gain more notoriety.

Personally I don't think he paves a path for anyone. Gave ABC some ratings and I'm sure he hopes for continued coverage. He's addicted to it.

29Bruce Jenner is a Republican - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 5:35 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Does anyone else reading this, especially Christians, agree with Karl when he says there is no Golden Rule in the Bible?
How bout you, Markle? Do you agree with that?

30Bruce Jenner is a Republican - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 5:48 pm

polecat

polecat

Bruce Jenner is a Republican - Page 2 11156219_10204983979577243_363709570444110258_n

31Bruce Jenner is a Republican - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 6:03 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

polecat wrote:When you hear something on a partisan-driven program, do not believe it… Distortions are how some people make a living.

-- bill_o_reilly

That would be like Hitler saying "don't trust those guys over there because they're nazis".

You just can't make this stuff up. lol

32Bruce Jenner is a Republican - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 6:19 pm

Bob wrote:Does anyone else reading this,  especially Christians,  agree with Karl when he says there is no Golden Rule in the Bible?  
How bout you,  Markle?  Do you agree with that?  

Karl is wrong.

That's my opinion based on what Jesus said in Luke 10:27 and also the verse you mentioned earlier.

And when you look at the major religions of the world, all have a type of "golden rule."

33Bruce Jenner is a Republican - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 6:42 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Well how does any Christian not know that? I learned that in Sunday School when I was 8 years old.

34Bruce Jenner is a Republican - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 7:57 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Bob wrote:Does anyone else reading this,  especially Christians,  agree with Karl when he says there is no Golden Rule in the Bible?  
How bout you,  Markle?  Do you agree with that?  

The only rule that counts is believing Christ is your savior. You quoted a verse about "doing things." Good works don't get you to heaven which is contrary to what Catholics believe. You can do as you want others to do to you all you want and when it comes to the judgment, there will be just one question, did you believe or not.

35Bruce Jenner is a Republican - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 8:53 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

KarlRove wrote: You can do as you want others to do to you all you want and when it comes to the judgment, there will be just one question, did you believe or not.

So let me make sure I get this straight.  That means Barack Obama and Adolph Hitler can do all they want to do to hurt others,  but if they decide they "believe" on their death beds,  then they'll end up right there beside you in heaven?  
Of course you know that means you'll have to be nice to Obama and Hitler in heaven.  Or the Lord aint gonna like it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum