Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bruce Jenner is a Republican

+4
Sal
nadalfan
KarlRove
ZVUGKTUBM
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bruce Jenner is a Republican Empty Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/26/2015, 12:20 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bruce Jenner comes out ... as a Republican

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/25/politics/bruce-jenner-diane-sawyer-transgender-lgbt-republican-conservative/index.html

"...I'm kind of more on the conservative side..."

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

That's because he has money that he doesn't want the government taking

nadalfan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Bruce Jenner comes out ... as a Republican

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/25/politics/bruce-jenner-diane-sawyer-transgender-lgbt-republican-conservative/index.html

"...I'm kind of more on the conservative side..."

With all the attention he has received, hopefully it will help lead to greater understanding about and openness to the LGBT community among conservatives.

Sal

Sal

KarlRove wrote:That's because he has money that he doesn't want the government taking

Yes, money is a wonderful buffer from the GOP's Bronze Age policy positions.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The the use of the word "conservative" has become so goofy.  lol

It's now almost at the point where the words "conservative" and "liberal" are the two opposing labels widely used in how we define almost all human ideas and thought.  And by "opposing" I mean like in the word "opposites".

With that in mind,  you could conduct a poll of the general population and ask this question...

Which of the two terms,  conservative and liberal,  do you associate with inacceptance of homosexuality (let alone transgender)?...

1.  conservative

2.  liberal

Do I even have to suggest what the poll result would be?

So now we have a very high profile transgender person who labels himself "conservative".

But I guess if we can have "Log Cabin Republicans" we can have this too.  lol

Although I'm fully in agreement with you, nadalfan,  when you say: "With all the attention he has received, hopefully it will help lead to greater understanding about and openness to the LGBT community among conservatives."

And hopefully his coming out publically will provide some comfort and peace of mind for others in his situation.

It took a whole lotta guts to do what he did.  But you'll never convince the Phil Robertsons and the Brother Carls of that.

Sal

Sal

Jenner's use of the term "conservative" means he doesn't like paying taxes.

It's how rich people who aren't white, straight, Christian, men rationalize their votes.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Here, Bob. Read this:

http://www.stonekettle.com/2009/05/liberalism-conservatism-and-insanity.html

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I just googled up a transcript of the part of the interview which dealt with his labeling himself conservative...

When Sawyer asked if Jenner cheered when Obama became the first president to even say the word “transgender” in a State of the Union address, the 65-year-old replied that he “would certainly give him credit for that.”

“But not to get political,” Jenner continued, “I’ve never been a big fan, I’m kind of more on the conservative side.”

“Are you a Republican?” Sawyer asked in response, to which Jenner replied, “Yeah! Is that a bad thing? I believe in the constitution.”

“Do you think that would be an unsettling thing for some people in the conservative wing of the party?” Sawyer asked.

“I’ve thought about that,” says Jenner, adding that neither political party has a monopoly on understanding.

So the only clarification he's providing for calling himself conservative is: "I believe in the Constitution".

Actually,  I'm guessing that it's just he chose the wrong term for himself.  I think it likely that if he had a better understanding of political labels,  he would probably prefer to label himself "libertarian" rather than "conservative".  But that's just my speculation,  so who knows.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
Here, Bob.  Read this:

http://www.stonekettle.com/2009/05/liberalism-conservatism-and-insanity.html

I was subjected to the agony of learning about (and listening to) Michael Weiner's ideas for many many years, Tex.
I wish there was some way to delete that from my brain's hard drive. And then even delete it from the recycle bin.

10Bruce Jenner is a Republican Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/26/2015, 3:02 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:That's because he has money that he doesn't want the government taking

You had better change that to "she," Homey.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

11Bruce Jenner is a Republican Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/26/2015, 3:31 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Even though I'm a bisexual, I have no better comprehension of transgenders than heterosexuals do. I cringed when I watched excerpts from that interview too.
That's because transgender is as foreign and strange to me as homosexuality/bisexuality is to heterosexuals.

It will sound weird when I say this, and some will not appreciate that I'm saying it, and of course it is DEFINITELY politically incorrect to say this;
but my awareness of how strange that is to me actually makes me have some empathy for why homophobes think the way they do.

12Bruce Jenner is a Republican Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/26/2015, 9:05 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

You had better change that to "she," Homey.

I don't think that SHE has made the total change.

13Bruce Jenner is a Republican Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 7:35 am

nadalfan

Bob wrote:Even though I'm a bisexual,  I have no better comprehension of transgenders than heterosexuals do.   I cringed when I watched excerpts from that interview too.  
That's because transgender is as foreign and strange to me as homosexuality/bisexuality is to heterosexuals.  

It will sound weird when I say this,  and some will not appreciate that I'm saying it,  and of course it is DEFINITELY politically incorrect to say this;
but my awareness of how strange that is to me actually makes me have some empathy for why homophobes think the way they do.

http://www.vox.com/2015/4/24/8483561/transgender-gender-identity-expression

14Bruce Jenner is a Republican Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 8:10 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It's difficult enough trying to understand a man who feels like he's really a woman.
But if you connect the dots in this story, Bruce Jenner's example is even more unusual. Jenner is a LESBIAN trapped in a male body.
Even when he was a woman trapped in the man's body, he still wanted to have sex with women, not men. And now that HE transforms into a woman, SHE still prefers sex with women.

Not to mention the three ex-wives, who I presume thought they were having sex with a man, now come to find out they were having sex with a lesbian.

15Bruce Jenner is a Republican Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 9:27 am

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

That's unfortunate.

Sadly, it seems to be human nature for minorities who have a history of suffering intolerance and oppression to be intolerant of even weaker minorities - see the black community's intolerance of homosexuality.

You should seek to rise above that base instinct.

16Bruce Jenner is a Republican Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 11:55 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:

That's unfortunate.

Sadly, it seems to be human nature for minorities who have a history of suffering intolerance and oppression to be intolerant of even weaker minorities - see the black community's intolerance of homosexuality.

That was just a being totally honest with you confession.  
But just because I have that reaction to this,  doesn't mean I have to stop with that.  

Because after I think about it just a little further,  I can't help but be reminded that I'm in a similar situation.   A lot of people don't care for the minority I'm in either.  
So how could I not sympathize with somebody else who's in the same boat.  That would be just this side of full out insane. And it sure as hell wouldn't be the Golden Rule that Jesus of Nazareth spoke of in the Holy Bible.

17Bruce Jenner is a Republican Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 3:50 pm

polecat

polecat

Let's see if Bruce Jenner stays a Republican once he starts making 77 cents on the dollar.- John Fugelsang

18Bruce Jenner is a Republican Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 4:22 pm

Sal

Sal

polecat wrote:Let's see if Bruce Jenner stays a Republican once he starts making 77 cents on the dollar.- John Fugelsang

lol

19Bruce Jenner is a Republican Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 4:32 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Why?
Many democratic women do.

20Bruce Jenner is a Republican Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 4:43 pm

2seaoat

Over the years I have coached kids with gender ID issues, and in my business dealings have dealt with individuals who have made a gender change. In the end I have only respect for Bruce Jenner and watched most of the interview. To be trapped in an athletic male body when as a child he would secretly dress up in his sister's clothing, and now dealing with his children openly and honestly. Class act, and I could care less what his politics are......his road has not been easy and he has displayed incredible courage which will help other kids who feel trapped.

21Bruce Jenner is a Republican Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 4:46 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:

That's unfortunate.

That was just a being totally honest with you confession.  
But just because I have that reaction to this,  doesn't mean I have to stop with that.  

Because after I think about it just a little further,  I can't help but be reminded that I'm in a similar situation.   A lot of people don't care for the minority I'm in either.  
So how could I not sympathize with somebody else who's in the same boat.  That would be just this side of full out insane. And it sure as hell wouldn't be the Golden Rule that Jesus of Nazareth spoke of in the Holy Bible.

There's no Golden Rule in the Bible.

22Bruce Jenner is a Republican Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 5:10 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

KarlRove wrote:

There's no Golden Rule in the Bible.

Bruce Jenner is a Republican Golden11

23Bruce Jenner is a Republican Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 5:16 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Okay,  I realize wikipedia is a pro-communist,  pro-democrat,  pro-liberal, pro-obama, pro-muslim, pro-atheist rag so let's get it instead from a Christian website.  Go to this url and scroll down to you get to The Golden Rule...

http://www.christianbiblereference.org/story_SermonOnTheMount.htm

24Bruce Jenner is a Republican Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 5:18 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

and yet another...

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+7%3A12&version=ESV

25Bruce Jenner is a Republican Empty Re: Bruce Jenner is a Republican 4/27/2015, 5:19 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

and here's another Christian website which says the Golden Rule is referenced in 8 different Bible verses...

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Golden-Rule/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum