Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Protesters at Sharpton march yell "What do we want? Dead cops. When do we want it? Right now."

+5
Joanimaroni
nadalfan
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/12/one-week-ago-protesters-chant-what-do-we-want-dead-cops-at-sharptons-nyc-march/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah the cops need to double down and start busting heads that'll fix this problem.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

We need to get rid of cops.  I'd much prefer to  call Michael Brown and Al Sharpton when my house gets burglarized. We need more like them, not cops.

Sal

Sal

Yes ....

The only alternative to violent, corrupt, and unaccountable law enforcement is no law enforcement at all.

There's obviously no middle ground between the two.

nadalfan

Who do we blame for Eric Frein's actions?

Sal

Sal

It should also be noted that the video of the protestors chanting "dead cops" is NOT from Al Sharpton's march.

The video is actually of a spontaneous protest in Manhattan the following night.

FAUX News and the rightwing media has tried to conflate the two in an effort to smear Sharpton.

Sharpton and the families of Eric Garner and Michael Brown have called for non-violent protests and publicly condemned any retaliatory violence.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:Yes ....

The only alternative to violent, corrupt, and unaccountable law enforcement is no law enforcement at all.

If law enforcement across the country in general is "violent" and "corrupt" and "unaccountable", as I said we need to get rid of cops and recruit more Al Sharptons to protects us. Since you believe cops are violent and corrupt, I don't know why you would object to that.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

If law enforcement across the country in general is "violent" and "corrupt" and "unaccountable",  as I said we need to get rid of cops and recruit more Al Sharptons to protects us.  Since you believe cops are violent and corrupt,  I don't know why you would object to that.

I think far too many cops are "violent" and "corrupt", and I think the ones who are need to be held accountable.

I don't know why you would object to that.

It's important to remember who we're dealing with here ...

September 17, 1992 — Thousands of off-duty police officers thronged around City Hall yesterday, swarming through police barricades to rally on the steps of the hall and blocking traffic on the Brooklyn Bridge for nearly an hour in the most unruly and angry police demonstration in recent memory.

The 300 uniformed officers who were supposed to control the crowd did little or nothing to stop the protesters from jumping barricades, tramping on automobiles, mobbing the steps of City Hall or taking over the bridge. In some cases, the on-duty officers encouraged the protesters.

While the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association had called the rally to protest Mayor David N. Dinkins’s proposal to create an independent civilian agency that would look into police misconduct, the huge turnout — estimated by the Police Department at 10,000 protesters — and the harsh emotional pitch reflected widespread anger among rank-and-file officers toward the Mayor for his handling of riots against the police in Washington Heights last July, his refusal to give them semiautomatic weapons and his appointment of an outside panel to investigate corruption…

Mayor Dinkins, who was not at City Hall during the demonstration, denounced the protest as “bordering on hooliganism” and said he held the P.B.A. president, Phil Caruso, responsible for what happened. He accused Mr. Caruso of inciting his members’ passions and suggested the union leader was motivated in part by contract negotiations.

The Mayor also assailed Rudolph W. Giuliani, the probable Republican mayoral candidate, who spoke out against the Mayor at the union rally. Mr. Dinkins said Mr. Giuliani had egged on the protest irresponsibly for political reasons. “He’s clearly, clearly an opportunist,” Mr. Dinkins said. “He’s seizing upon a fragile circumstance in our city for his own political gain.” …

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/09/17/nyregion/officers-rally-and-dinkins-is-their-target.html?pagewanted=print

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I just set up my phone so that when I call 911 it connects me with Reverend Sharpton's office in New York.  I feel a whole lot safer now.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sharpton, the media whore, is now trying to distance himself from the shooting.

2seaoat

Sharpton, the media whore, is now trying to distance himself from the shooting.

Sharpton's legitimate right to protest and seek reform should not be confused as a call to violence. He has never done that, nor is the fact that he protests make him a media whore but rather sadly reflects on the need for reforms on the way police deal with the public. This is a discussion which is needed.

Sal

Sal

When free speech excludes criticism of the state's use of force, it isn't free speech at all.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

When police are held accountable, they have acceptance in the community...so accountability actually protects police when they're doing their jobs.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Floridatexan wrote:
When police are held accountable, they have acceptance in the community...so accountability actually protects police when they're doing their jobs.
cheers cheers cheers

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/12/one-week-ago-protesters-chant-what-do-we-want-dead-cops-at-sharptons-nyc-march/

Sharpton is a miserable little weasel who is one of the worst examples of racial hatred I have ever seen. Who proudly flaunts a phony honorary theological degree from some equally phony little college somewhere in lower Mississippi. Misguided ignorant masses follow him around chanting anything he says.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Yella wrote:
Bob wrote:http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/12/one-week-ago-protesters-chant-what-do-we-want-dead-cops-at-sharptons-nyc-march/

Sharpton is a miserable little weasel who is one of the worst examples of racial hatred I have ever seen. Who proudly flaunts a phony honorary theological degree from some equally phony little college somewhere in lower Mississippi. Misguided ignorant masses follow him around chanting anything he says.

cheers

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:

As much as I loved James Brown's music, it hurt me to find out Rev Al was his road manager. I bet that creepy little fucker stole Brown blind.

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:
Yella wrote:

As much as I loved James Brown's music,  it hurt me to find out Rev Al was his road manager.  I bet that creepy little fucker stole Brown blind.

Sharpton should have been fired instantly from CNBC when he has a regular afternoon program. CNBC allowing a punk like Sharpton to spew his nasty venom makes television broadcasting be a travesty. A lie.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This critique of Sharpton comes, not from Fox News, but from that bastion of liberal media called NPR.

http://www.npr.org/2014/12/12/370395020/al-sharptons-two-hats-cable-news-host-and-activist

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I've also heard this. That Comcast Cable really needed and used Sharpton for it's takeover of NBC. Sharpton made the case to the FCC that the takeover would be good for the black community, and they rewarded him with his own tv show.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:

If law enforcement across the country in general is "violent" and "corrupt" and "unaccountable",  as I said we need to get rid of cops and recruit more Al Sharptons to protects us.  Since you believe cops are violent and corrupt,  I don't know why you would object to that.

I think far too many cops are "violent" and "corrupt", and I think the ones who are need to be held accountable.

I don't know why you would object to that.

It's important to remember who we're dealing with here ...

September 17, 1992 — Thousands of off-duty police officers thronged around City Hall yesterday, swarming through police barricades to rally on the steps of the hall and blocking traffic on the Brooklyn Bridge for nearly an hour in the most unruly and angry police demonstration in recent memory.

The 300 uniformed officers who were supposed to control the crowd did little or nothing to stop the protesters from jumping barricades, tramping on automobiles, mobbing the steps of City Hall or taking over the bridge. In some cases, the on-duty officers encouraged the protesters.

While the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association had called the rally to protest Mayor David N. Dinkins’s proposal to create an independent civilian agency that would look into police misconduct, the huge turnout — estimated by the Police Department at 10,000 protesters — and the harsh emotional pitch reflected widespread anger among rank-and-file officers toward the Mayor for his handling of riots against the police in Washington Heights last July, his refusal to give them semiautomatic weapons and his appointment of an outside panel to investigate corruption…

Mayor Dinkins, who was not at City Hall during the demonstration, denounced the protest as “bordering on hooliganism” and said he held the P.B.A. president, Phil Caruso, responsible for what happened. He accused Mr. Caruso of inciting his members’ passions and suggested the union leader was motivated in part by contract negotiations.

The Mayor also assailed Rudolph W. Giuliani
, the probable Republican mayoral candidate, who spoke out against the Mayor at the union rally. Mr. Dinkins said Mr. Giuliani had egged on the protest irresponsibly for political reasons. “He’s clearly, clearly an opportunist,” Mr. Dinkins said. “He’s seizing upon a fragile circumstance in our city for his own political gain.” …

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/09/17/nyregion/officers-rally-and-dinkins-is-their-target.html?pagewanted=print

You are obviously adopting the wasted efforts of 2seaoat and simply stirring the s***! As you well know, Republican Rudolph W. Giulliani performed nothing less than miracles in New York.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/22/1353665/--Go-Kill-a-Cop-chant-a-Fake-Duplicitous-Editing-Job-by-Fox-Affiliate?detail=email#

"Remember the march to protest police brutality in Washington DC?
Remember the outrage on right wing radio and news outlets picked up a chant saying clear as day- " Kill a Cop"? I had my Facebook timeline filled with outrage after the New York shootings linking the double police homicide with the "evil" chants from Washington DC.

Fake....

Fake and Fake

Baltimore Fox Affiliate Fox 45 Took the audio of the chanting and made a cut to make it seem like protesters were chanting "Kill a Cop".

Baltimore’s Fox affiliate desperately wanted to portray an anti-police brutality rally as a pro-police killing one, but they ran into a problem. No one they encountered wanted to see police murdered. Rather than drop the story, Fox went ahead and deceptively edited the footage they got to make it seem as if protesters were chanting “Kill a cop.” That’s what passes for journalism over at Fox.
The rally in question, held in Washington, D.C. and called the “National ‘Justice For All’ March,” was broadcast on C-SPAN. At one point in the video, a rally organizer can be heard chanting “We won’t stop. We can’t stop. Until the killer cops. Are in cell blocks.”..."

(the station has issued a retraction...but the damage has been done).

Yella

Yella

Floridatexan wrote:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/22/1353665/--Go-Kill-a-Cop-chant-a-Fake-Duplicitous-Editing-Job-by-Fox-Affiliate?detail=email#

Remember the outrage on right wing radio and news outlets picked up a chant saying clear as day- " Kill a Cop"? I had my Facebook timeline filled with outrage after the New York shootings linking the double police homicide with the "evil" chants from Washington DC.

Fake....

Fake and Fake

Baltimore Fox Affiliate Fox 45 Took the audio of the chanting and made a cut to make it seem like protesters were chanting "Kill a Cop".

Baltimore’s Fox affiliate desperately wanted to portray an anti-police brutality rally as a pro-police killing one, but they ran into a problem. No one they encountered wanted to see police murdered. Rather than drop the story, Fox went ahead and deceptively edited the footage they got to make it seem as if protesters were chanting “Kill a cop.” That’s what passes for journalism over at Fox.
The rally in question, held in Washington, D.C. and called the “National ‘Justice For All’ March,” was broadcast on C-SPAN. At one point in the video, a rally organizer can be heard chanting “We won’t stop. We can’t stop. Until the killer cops. Are in cell blocks.”..."

If this is true then Fox News should be required to publish an apology and possibly be prosecuted for lying. It is time.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

Fake....

Fake and Fake

Please be bold and show the link to Fox posting the retraction.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bal-wbff-apologizes-misleading-edit-videotape-of-protest-chant-20141222-story.html

WBFF apologizes for misleading edit on videotape of protest chant

WBFF (Fox45) apologized Monday night online and on-air for misleadingly editing and airing a video Sunday of a protest march in Washington to make it seem as if protesters were chanting “kill a cop.”

What the marchers were actually chanting in response to the lead of a Baltimore woman, Tawanda Jones, was “We won’t stop. We can’t stop ‘til killer cops are in cell blocks.”

That’s a very different meaning and representation of what Jones and the marchers were saying.

Jones appeared on the 5:30 p.m. Fox45 news, where anchorman Jeff Barnd apologized to her on behalf of the station..."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum