Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cops arrest a man for video taping a SWAT raid when his dog leaves the car to help his master the cops shoot it dead..very disturbing.

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat

That is some sick crap........I am sorry.....you uncuff the guy and tell him to secure his dog in the car......this whole thing was totally out of line.......training is completely bat sh_t crazy if you think a person who is video taping police officers is any threat when he so willingly took a submissive position and was cuffed.......this crap has gone too far.

Nekochan

Nekochan

It's extremely disturbing and I agree with Seaoat. This should not happen in America.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

They could have at least dispatched it... instead it laid there and suffered....idiots and their guns. The Supreme court has ruled that video taping is legal in these cases but hey cops NEVER miss an opportunity to kill, man or beast.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Do you know if this happened before or after the Supreme Court ruling?
Either way, it was so, so, so wrong.  I'm just wondering.

Teo, they were so very wrong, but I don't agree that all cops are like this and that they all want to kill.  I support law enforcement.  They have a difficult job.  I do not believe for a minute that all or even most are like this.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

JUST HAPPENED !

http://www.examiner.com/article/dog-shot-by-hawthorne-police-as-owner-is-arrested-for-videotaping-them

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:JUST HAPPENED !

http://www.examiner.com/article/dog-shot-by-hawthorne-police-as-owner-is-arrested-for-videotaping-them

They haven't heard about the Supreme Court ruling?

The guy should sue. And I HATE people who are sue happy trying to find a reason to sue anyone and everyone. But this has to stop.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:Do you know if this happened before or after the Supreme Court ruling?
Either way, it was so, so, so wrong.  I'm just wondering.

Teo, they were so very wrong, but I don't agree that all cops are like this and that they all want to kill.  I support law enforcement.  They have a difficult job.  I do not believe for a minute that all or even most are like this.

I know some cops, IF they are not all like this you have those that are not standing behind the ones that are so it's one big costumed gang of creeps far as I am concerned.

Nekochan

Nekochan

OK. I read the article. The man should have turned his radio down when the cops told him to. Period.
That does not excuse what they did. But when cops tell you to turn your radio down--you do it.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:OK.  I read the article. The man should have turned his radio down when the cops told him to.  Period.
That does not excuse what they did.  But when cops tell you to turn your radio down--you do it.  

Yes the man should have been summarily executed for leaving his radio on in all the excitement. We should all be groveling, bootlicking, quivering little children before the god governments almighty popos.

Nekochan

Nekochan

You know that is not what I said, Teo.
Do you think the man should have turned his radio down when told to or not?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:You know that is not what I said, Teo.  

Of course he should have turned it down but I didn't hear it that loud in the video...the dog barking was louder...but then again when officer safety is involved shoot first and damned be proportion.

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Nekochan wrote:You know that is not what I said, Teo.  

Of course he should have turned it down but I didn't hear it that loud in the video...the dog barking was louder...but then again when officer safety is involved shoot first and damned be proportion.

Ok, I'm glad to hear that you think the man should have turned down his radio because I was beginning to think that you think "anything goes" when people are witnessing an event where the police are involved.

I think the police handled it extremely poorly. But the guy wasn't making points with them when he refused to turn down his radio.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yes and if he had not gotten caught up in the excitement he would still have his dog, But as much as I dislike unruly animals this dog wasn't. It was unruly cops this time.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Based on what I saw in that video, the dog shouldn't have been shot. Based on the video, the police handled it very, very poorly. From the way it looked, the man with the dog was not in the area that police had cordoned off. It's perfectly legal for him to video the event --others were also videotaping the event.

BUT as citizens, we also are responsible for our own actions when we see the police dealing with a situation like that. And the guy should have turned his radio down when the police told him to. Had he done that, I believe his dog would be alive today.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

like that line from the old song White Rabbit....Logic and proportion have fallen stoney dead.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yes, I believe the police response was disproportionate.

But the problem I see is that someone who ignores a police order to do something as simple as turning down his radio is presenting a bit of a problem for the police. The man has his dog. He's milling around right outside the area. Even though he is outside the police area, his refusal to obey the police command makes him a potential problem for the police. Can you see this?

After reading the article, I don't think the videotaping was the issue. Others were videotaping the event as well.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

" You can't make this stuff up. Authorities do out of whole cloth. It's done repeatedly. It's done to convict. Victims are hung out to dry. They're made to pay for state-sponsored crimes.

It's happens often. Thousands of political prisoners fill America's gulag. It's the world's largest. It's the shame of the nation.

It holds society's most disadvantaged. Corporate crooks and state-sponsored ones remain free. They plunder, ravage and murder egregiously. They do so with impunity.

They do it with the full faith, blessing, and encouragement of government. They do so maliciously. They do it willfully. They do it shamelessly. They do it repeatedly. They do it unapologetically. Innocent victims face false accusations. It's the American way."

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

If it was such a bother why didn't the police walk one of their golden asses over and turn it down ?

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Cops arrest a man for video taping a SWAT raid when his dog leaves the car to help his master the cops shoot it dead..very disturbing. R_raXzIRgsA
TEOTWAWKI wrote:like that line from the old song White Rabbit....Logic and proportion have fallen stoney dead.

Eeeyup....I agree. And "White Rabbit" is one of my favorite songs.

I couldn't view the video. I mean, I could have, but I chose not to do so. My old heart and soul can't handle cruelty to animals.

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 7/2/2013, 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:If it was such a bother why didn't the police walk one of their golden asses over and turn it down ?

Why should the police walk over to someone's car and turn down the radio? It was the man's car. He should have turned it down when told to. Period.

Nekochan

Nekochan

PBulldog2 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:like that line from the old song White Rabbit....Logic and proportion have fallen stoney dead.

I couldn't view the video. I mean, I could have, but I chose not to do so. My old heart and soul can't handle cruelty to animals.

It's very disturbing. The poor animal was just looking out for his master. His master was stupid. His master disobeyed a police order. The police were dealing with an armed suspect. The police handled it very poorly but I have to say that the man is somewhat responsible for what happened. That's my view on it. The police tell you to turn down your radio---you do it. Otherwise, you are asking for attention from the police.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:If it was such a bother why didn't the police walk one of their golden asses over and turn it down ?

Why should the police walk over to someone's car and turn down the radio?  It was the man's car.  He should have turned it down when told to.  Period.

Well if that EXCUSES what happened in your mind then god save us from the sheeples.

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Why should the police walk over to someone's car and turn down the radio?  It was the man's car.  He should have turned it down when told to.  Period.

Well if that EXCUSES what happened in your mind then god save us from the sheeples.

Did I say that it excuses what the police did? NO. I think they handled it poorly. But I stand by my last post, above. You think that a citizen can just do any old thing and the police should put up with it? Well, I disagree. The dog was the innocent one here. His master put him in danger. The dog was well behaved and was just doing what he should do....looking after his stupid master.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Nekochan wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

It's very disturbing.  The poor animal was just looking out for his master.  His master was stupid.  His master disobeyed a police order.  The police were dealing with an armed suspect.   The police handled it very poorly but I have to say that the man is somewhat responsible for what happened.  That's my view on it.  The police tell you to turn down your radio---you do it. Otherwise, you are asking for attention from the police.

This man should have left the scene immediately. I would never put my dog in a situation, particularly a police action, in which he could be injured or killed. This man just wasn't thinking, in my opinion.

On the other hand, too many pets are being needlessly killed by LEO. I don't know why that is happening.

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 7/2/2013, 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum