Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The double standard

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
no stress
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The double standard Empty The double standard 9/2/2012, 7:17 pm

no stress

no stress

The double standard 38704210

2The double standard Empty Re: The double standard 9/2/2012, 7:18 pm

no stress

no stress

This is the first thing the dems started with after Katrina. Bush isnt there,where is bush...blah blah blah. Well, lets hear it now.

3The double standard Empty Re: The double standard 9/2/2012, 7:27 pm

no stress

no stress

The double standard 21796310

4The double standard Empty Re: The double standard 9/2/2012, 7:28 pm

Gunz wrote:This is the first thing the dems started with after Katrina. Bush isnt there,where is bush...blah blah blah. Well, lets hear it now.

After the Obama campaign got wind of Romneys visit the scheduled a trip to LA

5The double standard Empty Re: The double standard 9/2/2012, 7:51 pm

no stress

no stress

After the Obama campaign got wind of Romneys visit the scheduled a trip to LA

Of course...its all politics to them.

6The double standard Empty Re: The double standard 9/2/2012, 7:57 pm

2seaoat

Really?

A tropical storm which barely made a cat 1 needs a presidential response......I think having FEMA doing their job is more important than someone landing at the airport saying what a great job "Brownie" is doing. Mitt is looking for a photo op.......and let him take that with Bobby Jindhal.........the third leg of the wimp triangle with Eric Cantor and Ryan who is going to run a sub 10 second 100 meter after he has thrown the shot 40 meters.........Bobby Jindhal gives me nothing but confidence......he just takes a room and holds your attention......and the cubs are only a few games out of the playoffs. Ike, Barry, and even Nixon were not these new Metro sexual momma boys......when did the Republican Party become the home of the wimp? People may not have liked John McCain, or even Newt, but they were tough and pragmatic and could lead.....Bobby Jindhal.......no wonder the President does not want to go to LA......he would stand next to Jindhal......and people would scratch their chin.....you know the president plays a soft basketball game......not too many people want to be on the same stage as Jindal after that stirring Republican response a few years ago......we have lost our fricking mind......where are the main street Republicans who allowed the wimps to take over the party.

7The double standard Empty Re: The double standard 9/2/2012, 9:47 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Really?

A tropical storm which barely made a cat 1 needs a presidential response......I think having FEMA doing their job is more important than someone landing at the airport saying what a great job "Brownie" is doing. Mitt is looking for a photo op.......and let him take that with Bobby Jindhal.........the third leg of the wimp triangle with Eric Cantor and Ryan who is going to run a sub 10 second 100 meter after he has thrown the shot 40 meters.........Bobby Jindhal gives me nothing but confidence......he just takes a room and holds your attention......and the cubs are only a few games out of the playoffs. Ike, Barry, and even Nixon were not these new Metro sexual momma boys......when did the Republican Party become the home of the wimp? People may not have liked John McCain, or even Newt, but they were tough and pragmatic and could lead.....Bobby Jindhal.......no wonder the President does not want to go to LA......he would stand next to Jindhal......and people would scratch their chin.....you know the president plays a soft basketball game......not too many people want to be on the same stage as Jindal after that stirring Republican response a few years ago......we have lost our fricking mind......where are the main street Republicans who allowed the wimps to take over the party.

Would you stop being so logical, 2Seaoat?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

8The double standard Empty Re: The double standard 9/2/2012, 10:09 pm

no stress

no stress

You guys evidently have not seen the catastrophic flooding going on outside the protection of the levees. Cat 1 or not, thousands of people have lost their homes and belongings and a timely visit by the pres would have been nice.

9The double standard Empty Re: The double standard 9/2/2012, 10:22 pm

2seaoat

Tell me who went to Nashville a couple of years ago when they got wiped out.......nobody......and I will be damned......they took care of their own mess. People were stripping drywall down to the studs within 48 hours and they kicked ass without a president showing up for a photo op. The thing that matters is the FEMA loans and grants which need to get to people quick. The rest of it is more of that big warm and fuzzy governmental security blanket.........which now you insist Papa tucks our silly butts in.....nonsense. Next, thing you are going to want is the President picking out what toilet paper you have at the fire station..........You know......the President needs to cover your butts, read you a nursery story.......mother goose will do.......and tuck your helpless butt into the cozy wraps of government security blanket......newsflash.....bad things happen.....FEMA when it is not crippled by political appointees actually does a good job.....and the President spending his time changing your toliet paper or tucking you in at night......well.....I guess I do not work for the government, so maybe I just do not understand.

10The double standard Empty Re: The double standard 9/2/2012, 10:27 pm

no stress

no stress

2seaoat wrote:Tell me who went to Nashville a couple of years ago when they got wiped out.......nobody......and I will be damned......they took care of their own mess. People were stripping drywall down to the studs within 48 hours and they kicked ass without a president showing up for a photo op. The thing that matters is the FEMA loans and grants which need to get to people quick. The rest of it is more of that big warm and fuzzy governmental security blanket.........which now you insist Papa tucks our silly butts in.....nonsense. Next, thing you are going to want is the President picking out what toilet paper you have at the fire station..........You know......the President needs to cover your butts, read you a nursery story.......mother goose will do.......and tuck your helpless butt into the cozy wraps of government security blanket......newsflash.....bad things happen.....FEMA when it is not crippled by political appointees actually does a good job.....and the President spending his time changing your toliet paper or tucking you in at night......well.....I guess I do not work for the government, so maybe I just do not understand.

Easy Killa!! I dont give a rats ass if Obama shits or winds his watch! Just pointing out the hipocracy from the left when Bush didnt come to N.O fast enough for em V/S now. Goddamn dont blow a fuckin fuse over it.

11The double standard Empty Re: The double standard 9/2/2012, 10:53 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

obama is only half black.
The white half wants all the welfare collecting lazy people who can't even afford to take a bus to the pollng stations to drown.

12The double standard Empty Re: The double standard 9/2/2012, 10:56 pm

2seaoat

Bush did not screw up NO. The governor did. The mayor did. Brownie did.

The president maybe said some things which the news media jumped on, but the people who died.....that blood was on the mayor and governor, and a pitiful FEMA response because of a political appointee.....Bush was not the mayor or the governor. I threw things at the TV every time I heard that governor started talking. She killed people.

13The double standard Empty Re: The double standard 9/3/2012, 8:23 am

2seaoat wrote:Bush did not screw up NO. The governor did. The mayor did. Brownie did.

The president maybe said some things which the news media jumped on, but the people who died.....that blood was on the mayor and governor, and a pitiful FEMA response because of a political appointee.....Bush was not the mayor or the governor. I threw things at the TV every time I heard that governor started talking. She killed people.

I agree with you here.

However that area was a disaster area. obama should have taken time out to go there.

14The double standard Empty Re: The double standard 9/3/2012, 9:30 am

2seaoat

I lost just about everything in two floods, and the last thing I wanted was a photo op with the president. The first flood the County failed to properly get the county declared a disaster area, and the governor never did declare the same, and we were not eligible for SBA loans to replace everything which was lost, and the second time I personally got a phone call from the emergency director that this time he made the proper application to the governor to have the county declared a disaster area, and we were able to get a 41k loan from SBA for the loss, but the first flood we lost over 200k, and if you asked me if I wanted to see the president, or a competent emergency director for the county........I will take the director properly declaring a disaster area, and allowing SBA loans where things had been wiped out. One of our business interests was simply devastated by the flood.

We have been in three historic floods since 1996, and it took us 20 years to pay off the SBA loans from 1996, and we still have not fully recovered from the 2008 flood where just like NO the local officials simply dropped the ball. I can say from first hand experience that an efficient and responsive FEMA makes flood victims happy, and a bunch of politicians taking a tour and a photo op makes most people simply angry. After three days of shoveling mud, tearing out drywall, and realizing how screwed you are.....the last thing you want are politicians.

15The double standard Empty Re: The double standard 9/3/2012, 11:02 am

2seaoat wrote:I lost just about everything in two floods, and the last thing I wanted was a photo op with the president. The first flood the County failed to properly get the county declared a disaster area, and the governor never did declare the same, and we were not eligible for SBA loans to replace everything which was lost, and the second time I personally got a phone call from the emergency director that this time he made the proper application to the governor to have the county declared a disaster area, and we were able to get a 41k loan from SBA for the loss, but the first flood we lost over 200k, and if you asked me if I wanted to see the president, or a competent emergency director for the county........I will take the director properly declaring a disaster area, and allowing SBA loans where things had been wiped out. One of our business interests was simply devastated by the flood.

We have been in three historic floods since 1996, and it took us 20 years to pay off the SBA loans from 1996, and we still have not fully recovered from the 2008 flood where just like NO the local officials simply dropped the ball. I can say from first hand experience that an efficient and responsive FEMA makes flood victims happy, and a bunch of politicians taking a tour and a photo op makes most people simply angry. After three days of shoveling mud, tearing out drywall, and realizing how screwed you are.....the last thing you want are politicians.

seaoat, you have a different train of thought though. You know this thread was to point out hypocrisy about how poeple reacted to the lack of concern that bush was accused of after katrina.

I myself have often gotten angered over how people were so concerned over the katrina victims when many areas in the country have had simular disasters. during katrina I lived there and I was specially upset at how little attention mississispi was given considering how they got blasted.

I think what is being said as far as this storm goes, and it was bad for them, but why cant those who scream the loudest at least be consistant with thier outrage. But I know the answer. and Im sure the poster of this thread does to. You do to.

16The double standard Empty Re: The double standard 9/3/2012, 11:24 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Bush did not screw up NO. The governor did. The mayor did. Brownie did.

....that did not stop the whiny butts on our local forums from jumping all over Bush and blaming him.

17The double standard Empty Re: The double standard 9/3/2012, 12:30 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joanimaroni wrote:

....that did not stop the whiny butts on our local forums from jumping all over Bush and blaming him.

That's because W's FEMA director was a political appointee, just like all the rest of the "Bush team". Bush also cut funding for the levees that may have prevented the massive flooding. Then, if you'll recall, it was several days before FEMA did anything to relieve the destruction, and many people died because of it. I'm not saying the mayor and the governor weren't responsible. But Bush's entire terms of office constituted one big lie.

18The double standard Empty Re: The double standard 9/3/2012, 12:37 pm

knothead

knothead

I must agree with seaoat's interpretation beginning to end. This storm was bad but it was no Katrina and the implication that Bush was somehow treated unfairly is nonsense. Obama has no business there for photo ops like Romney is doing . . . . . . he is such an empty suit. Seaoat got it right!

19The double standard Empty Re: The double standard 9/3/2012, 1:19 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

That's because W's FEMA director was a political appointee, just like all the rest of the "Bush team". Bush also cut funding for the levees that may have prevented the massive flooding. Then, if you'll recall, it was several days before FEMA did anything to relieve the destruction, and many people died because of it. I'm not saying the mayor and the governor weren't responsible. But Bush's entire terms of office constituted one big lie.

Yea yea yea....read the Flood Control Act to 1965. The Corp of Engineers has been "working on the flood problem" for over 45 years....but it is Bush's fault.

20The double standard Empty Re: The double standard 9/3/2012, 2:40 pm

no stress

no stress

I'm happy to report that these diverse posts made my point. Thank you everyone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum