Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Examples of the double standard for Hillary compared to military members who

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://unclesamsmisguidedchildren.com/double-standards-clintons-military-members/

2seaoat

Talk to congress and the Supreme Court. The law has been around for years.....nothing new here. Just one big nothing burger.

Congress doesn't prosecute moron. I've already schooled you ok this today. Go back and read the statute yourself.

2seaoat

You schooled me today.......I have not been in nursery school in over sixty years.......what concerns me is that if your ignorance and lack of knowledge is schooling children......oh my. President Obama is not in jail. Hillary will not be in jail. You will go run away for awhile, and we will wait for the midterms for you to display......your schooling.

RealLindaL

How about the clear and lamentable double standard of Comey's not sending around memos about the fact that the FBI is investigating Trump's former campaign manager for questionable ties to Russia, and is separately investigating Russia's hacking of the Democratic campaign? Hm?? Why no such vague, damaging memos that might hurt TRUMP??

RealLindaL

BUMP.

(Am I allowed to do that??)

Sure... if it doesn't bother you that you're wrong.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/fbi-russia-election-donald-trump.html

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The difference between Hillary and military personnel indicted, tried and convicted for mishandling classified matter, is that while Hillary has been exhaustively investigated for possible classified matter violations (and she's still being investigated for same) Mrs. Clinton has never been indicted.

Reality.

A reasonable observation.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/kristian-saucier-investigation-hillary-clinton-223646

Last July, Saucier was indicted on one felony count of unlawful retention of national defense information and another felony count of obstruction of justice. He pleaded guilty Friday to the classified information charge, which is part of the Espionage Act, a prosecution spokesman confirmed. No charge of espionage was filed and no public suggestion has been made that he ever planned to disclose the photos to anyone outside the Navy.

The sailor now faces a maximum possible sentence of up to ten years in prison, but faced up to 30 years if found guilty on both charges. Federal guidelines discussed in court Friday appear to call for a sentence of about five to six-and-a-half years, although the defense has signaled it will seek a lighter sentence.

Saucier’s friends, conservative commentators and others say the stiff charges leveled against Saucier were out of whack with more lenient treatment given to senior officials who face allegations of mishandling classified information, like Clinton.

“I just don’t think it’s fair,” said Gene Pitcher, a retired Navy sailor who served with Saucier aboard the Alexandria. “In reality, what she did is so much worse than what Kris did. ... I think it’s just a blatant double standard.”

“Felony charges appear to be reserved for people of the lowest ranks. Everyone else who does it either doesn’t get charged or gets charged with a misdemeanor,” said Edward MacMahon, a Virginia defense attorney not involved in the Saucier case.

The Navy says the photos are classified “confidential,” which is the lowest tier of protection for classified information and is designated for information that could cause some damage to national security but not “serious” or “exceptionally grave” damage.

Intelligence agencies claim that Clinton’s account contained 65 messages with information considered “Secret” and 22 classified at the “Top Secret” level. Some messages contained data under an even more restrictive “special access program” designation.

Clinton and her campaign have disputed those findings, calling them a result of “overclassification” and urging that the messages be released in full.

However, Clinton’s critics and some former intelligence officials said she should have recognized the sensitivity of the information. They’ve also noted that about 32,000 messages on Clinton’s server were erased after her lawyers deemed them personal.

“The DOJ is willing to prosecute a former sailor to the full extent of the law for violating the law on classified material, in a situation where there was no purposeful unsecured transmission of classified material,” conservative blogger Ed Morrissey wrote last year. “Will they pursue Hillary Clinton and her team, at the other end of the power spectrum from the rank-and-file, for deliberate unsecured transmission of improperly marked classified nat-sec intelligence? Will they pursue the same kind of obstruction of justice charges for Hillary’s wiping of her server as they are for Saucier’s destruction of his laptop?”

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum